• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
There is no reason to cut him. But that's the thing, Sakurai kind of does his own thing when it comes to cuts. I mean, before all of this, Ice Climbers was considered a guaranteed, but now look what's happening....
That's even bothering me more than Snake.
Why Ice Climbers? Everyone loves the Ice Climbers.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I think a long while ago, there was an interview with Sakurai in which he stated something along the lines of "The Ice Climbers are hard to work out on the 3DS". Yeah, he mentioned them by name. So some people say that Sakurai and his team never could figure out how to make Ice Climbers work out for the 3DS

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I think a long while ago, there was an interview with Sakurai in which he stated something along the lines of "The Ice Climbers are hard to work out on the 3DS". Yeah, he mentioned them by name. So some people say that Sakurai and his team never could figure out how to make Ice Climbers work out for the 3DS
But they could Rosalina?
That's really weird.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
But they could Rosalina?
That's really weird.
Its not the same thing, each ice climber has far more going on with their character model and animations then luma does. Its double the amount of stress on the engine and imagine 4 sets of ice climbers on the 3DS while playing online, im willing to bet the framerate might have taken a hit. Im sure there would be a work around for it after enough time working on it, but im guessing their time schedule caused them to have to make that decision. DLC could easily bring them and everyone else back though, as weve seen with mario kart 8 they continued to work on it after release and have almost created the same amount of content for the base game. Im hoping smash can do the same, especially with them hiring for "smash 6" job listings earlier this year, it could mean the team will continue even after to make it an even better package.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Rosalina is different from the Ice Climbers.
Its not the same thing, each ice climber has far more going on with their character model and animations then luma does. Its double the amount of stress on the engine and imagine 4 sets of ice climbers on the 3DS while playing online, im willing to bet the framerate might have taken a hit. Im sure their would be a work around for it, but im guessing their time schedule caused them to have to make that decision. DLC could easily bring them and everyone else back though, as weve seen with mario kart 8 they continued to work on it after release and have almost created the same amount of content for the base game. Im hoping smash can do the same, especially with them hiring for "smash 6" job listings earlier this year, it could mean the team will continue even after to make it an even better package.
I know there's a difference, it just surprises me that they were able to make 4 Rosalina's appear on screen at the same time, online, I'm pretty impressed actually.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
New "leak"

http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/260805043

No comment makes me hopeful.
"Someone asked about Snake being in the game, they responded they couldn't get the rights to use Snake in Smash for 3DS./Wii U. Someone asked about Snake being DLC but it got no comment"

I don't understand how they couldn't get the rights, hideo kojima said he was open to it and even asked sakurai in the stream. That's one flaw with this leak right there.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Someone asked about Snake being in the game, they responded they couldn't get the rights to use Snake in Smash for 3DS./Wii U. Someone asked about Snake being DLC but it got no comment.
What in the World. That's the stupid thing i've heard in my entire life.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
What in the World. That's the stupid thing i've heard in my entire life.
Yeah that comment put this back in the more than likely fake category.
How could they not secure snake when Kojima wants him back and was the reason he got in the first time.
Guess you could take the DLC comment as being they didn't secure him for the actual release or something I suppose.
But we know Kojima wants Snake back in smash.

Actually thinking about this really pushes me to thinking he was purposefully held back to be DLC.
Kojima still want;s snake in smash. Him and Sakurai are still friends. MGS involvement with nintendo is the same as his Brawl appearance. Was stated before that higher ups had no problem with his inclusion. Hell for all we know after the question was asked. He might have met up with sakurai about exactly that.
No one knew Silent Hills and the people involved with that was even a thing until it was revealed.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Y

Actually thinking about this really pushes me to thinking he was purposefully held back to be DLC.
Kojima still want;s snake in smash. Him and Sakurai are still friends. MGS involvement with nintendo is the same as his Brawl appearance. Was stated before that higher ups had no problem with his inclusion. Hell for all we know after the question was asked. He might have met up with sakurai about exactly that.
No one knew Silent Hills and the people involved with that was even a thing until it was revealed.
Why would that be case if both companies wanted Snake in the game why would they not put in the main the game, i'm willing to bet Sakurai would have delayed the game just put snake in like he did sonic and not wait until DLC was available.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Could be, we will find out soon enough.
No comment means no comment. Doesn't have to be a bad thing and was posted because I interpreted in a good light. Never said I thought the leak was true either.

Think even if the 3DS comes out without Snake or Climbers, we may get them on Wii U and them as DLC for 3DS. Just because Sakurai said they'd have the same roster, doesn't mean he can't go back on it at all. Especially if you consider them being DLC would technically enable them to have the same roster.

- This would give them a bit more time to build out those characters/secure licensing
- avoid buying the same DLC for both versions, as last I checked, there was no cross purchase between the systems for some reason
- exclusive wii u characters will continue to hype the game for wii u even after the 3ds release.
- would bring out Snake out a bit closer to the release of the wii u version and MGSV

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Why would that be case if both companies wanted Snake in the game why would they not put in the main the game, i'm willing to bet Sakurai would have delayed the game just put snake in like he did sonic and not wait until DLC was available.
They can't really afford to delay the game, they need smash out by holiday season. If they're going to do dlc, then having a big 3rd party like snake would bring in some good cash. I bet that he would be top selling if mewtwo isn't made dlc. I'm sure konami could benefit from it too.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Well remember, DLC wasn't possible on the Wii, which is something Sakurai told us many times. Snake doesn't have the benefit of Sonic's massive support, as Sonic is quite literally the first and only character in Smash history to be that requested.

However, Snake does have the benefit of Sakurai and Kojima, along with DLC being possible this time. There's no need to delay the game when he can be added after it's finished. Snake fans and Kojima get what they want, no one else can complain.
Of course the heavy detractors and anti DLC people will complain anyway.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Yep everyone summed up what I was going to say. Nintendo needs this game for the holiday. It's going to be their big pusher especially on the WiiU.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If the Smash 4 developers really like money and having amazing playable character, Snake will be in.

If these aren't true, that shows you their priorities are straight up awful.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Guys, Today's Pic confirms that the leak ISN'T the final roster!!!! Snake still has a chance!!!

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Guys, Today's Pic confirms that the leak ISN'T the final roster!!!! Snake still has a chance!!!
It also means that there can be dlc, becuase you dont need to unlock every character to do It

SpectreJordan

Smash Lord
NNID
SpectreJordan
Man, I really don't like the 3DS version....especially since it's coming out first on top of limiting what we get on the Wii U version. :/

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Man, I really don't like the 3DS version....especially since it's coming out first on top of limiting what we get on the Wii U version. :/
I actually said that too, but then I came to realize that we'd probably still have the same roster anyway since it appears Sakurai is following a pattern of adding characters (I think he adds 7 or so?) But you never know, it really could be handicapping the Wii U version big time.

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
I actually said that too, but then I came to realize that we'd probably still have the same roster anyway since it appears Sakurai is following a pattern of adding characters (I think he adds 7 or so?) But you never know, it really could be handicapping the Wii U version big time.
It is possible it's Golding it back. The only reason the ICs would be cut is because of the limitations of the 3DS. If the ice climbers are truly gone because of the 3ds version then I'll be very disappointed. It just sucks that if we were just getting the Wii U version, they would be safe.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
I think, if that is the case, then the Wii U roster will have more characters than the 3DS one.

Just because Sakurai stated they will be the same really early on in development, doesn't mean he has to stick to it in all entirety.

This is why I see more characters on the Wii U version at release (also to keep on hyping the game) and them being added as DLC for 3DS.

When they announced the games I was over on GameFAQS and suggested that the 3DS version would handicap the Wii U one.
I was flamed. O_o

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
When they announced the games I was over on GameFAQS and suggested that the 3DS version would handicap the Wii U one.
I was flamed. O_o
You're legitimately surprised about this fact when it's GFaqs you talk about?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Lol not at all.

It's gamefaqs, part of the reason I moved here and pstrophies: for real convos and logic
I made an account there just recently, it didn't look to bad from the outside, have not witnessed the terrors on the inside yet.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I made an account there just recently, it didn't look to bad from the outside, have not witnessed the terrors on the inside yet.
oh you will..you will.

I kinda torture myself going there sometimes, since the snake hate train keeps on rolling for the purists. Today i saw someone say something like "all the cut characters dont matter" with reasons why they should be gone which were laughable especially for lucas. And even another saying that "we should be happy we got snake in the first place so we have no right to be disappointed if he doesnt return", i mean what kind of crap is that man? How is that fair in anyway?

The stuff these people spew sometimes i swear, especially the really thick headed ones who pull out the lists of games that the other third parties have while trying to compare them, why would that ever happen or be something sakurai would do?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
oh you will..you will.

I kinda torture myself going there sometimes, since the snake hate train keeps on rolling for the purists. Today i saw someone say something like "all the cut characters dont matter" with reasons why they should be gone which were laughable especially for lucas. And even another saying that "we should be happy we got snake in the first place so we have no right to be disappointed if he doesnt return", i mean what kind of crap is that man? How is that fair in anyway?

The stuff these people spew sometimes i swear, especially the really thick headed ones who pull out the lists of games that the other third parties have while trying to compare them, why would that ever happen or be something sakurai would do?
I saw that thread and was going to post in it, but then I realized it wasn't worth my time getting into another debate. I'm getting sick of them. Sometimes it's a happy ending and we both become friends, and sometimes it just abruptly stops.
I made the account on Gamefaqs to post in those joke threads anyway.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Sometimes, I want to go over to Gamefaqs and state my opinion, and watch the flame wars begins. I just want to counter troll the Snake trolls. Does any one feel this way?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Sometimes, I want to go over to Gamefaqs and state my opinion, and watch the flame wars begins. I just want to counter troll the Snake trolls. Does any one feel this way?
Yeah, but at this point it's really no use, we can't change everyone's opinion since it's in most cases a no win situation. And with things as grim as they are the haters have grown very bold and confident in their claims. Whats worse is that if snake is not in, every one of them will assume the reasons they claim he's gone for are the actual reasons for his exclusion. And until sakurai says why himself, it's gonna be something we will have to deal with, it's bad now, but it's gonna be much worse.

With as much as some whine about his inclusion, I'm almost afraid that perception might have gotten back to sakurai, it would be horrible if they were the reason he wasn't brought back.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Yeah, but at this point it's really no use, we can't change everyone's opinion since it's in most cases a no win situation. And with things as grim as they are the haters have grown very bold and confident in their claims. Whats worse is that if snake is not in, every one of them will assume the reasons they claim he's gone for are the actual reasons for his exclusion. And until sakurai says why himself, it's gonna be something we will have to deal with, it's bad now, but it's gonna be much worse.

With as much as some whine about his inclusion, I'm almost afraid that perception might have gotten back to sakurai, it would be horrible if they were the reason he wasn't brought back.
Bleh, don't even say stuff like that.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I thought Sakurai didn't understand English. The implication here is that he browses Western sites and has his translator say things to him, and now it's because of the players that Snake sits this one out.

Which quite frankly, is extremely ********.

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Good riddance.

Any character that can take the fun out of a game by using cheap tactics to win deserves to get cut.

Last edited:

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
So, how would you feel if we just got a Snake/Metal Gear trophies rather than Snake as playable?

I, for one, would be ticked and rather he not come back at all. To me it's like...we almost had him in there...

Unless, they do it the right way and have trophies in there and hint highly towards Snake being playable in WiiU or as DLC.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
So, how would you feel if we just got a Snake/Metal Gear trophies rather than Snake as playable?

I, for one, would be ticked and rather he not come back at all. To me it's like...we almost had him in there...

Unless, they do it the right way and have trophies in there and hint highly towards Snake being playable in WiiU or as DLC.
If I just get the trophy... ooh, I would be pissed.
DLC Snake please, or just Snake. Just Snake.

Top Bottom