• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Only because those who really want Snake(extreme and irrational fans) are perfectly willing to attack anything that threatens his inclusion.
I don't think I'm all that extreme or irrational, and Snake is my second most wanted character in general:
  1. Rayman
  2. Snake
  3. King K. Rool
I even want him to return more than I want to see the glorious Kremling King join. :troll:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I have no problem with rayman, i just dont care for the fact that people use his recent games as a bigger bond to nintendo then anything metal gear, and that he should be in there because of that over snake. Not everybody is acting the way you think james, a few bad eggs doesnt ruin the entire batch of them.

It kinda goes back to how people saw bayonetta, 1 exclusive was enough in their eyes to garner her a spot (while they said snake didnt do anything recently so he didnt make as much sense as her), thats the part that gets me.

Smashbro596

Smash Ace
I could argue it is THE best game on the gameboy. I really want a sequel to it. This game alone is enough to warrant snakea spot in smash.

Guys I just thought of something, this is the starting roster on the Japanese e-shop:

the 3 third parties are starter if it is true that is the starting roster. Which could explain why they are on the back of the box and on the all star mode icon, since the icons and back of the box might have only showed starters.
So maybe there is still some hope for snake?
you are wrong there. :p best game on the gameboy would have to be zelda links awakening (nah kidding, best game on gameboy is a matter of opinion. :p its just i dont feel links awakening is talked about enough)

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
@ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A @ JamesDNaux JamesDNaux
Let's not try to start a Flame War or anything. Snake fans do feel threaten around not just Rayman but ALL 3rd Parties. Heck I know back Pre-E3 I forced myself believing Pac-Man could never join even thoe he was a likely candidate. I don't hate Rayman or anything you know that as well as I do. I don't think Rayman's going to be in this game, But for sure he may very well be in SSB5.

Last edited:

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Only because those who really want Snake(extreme and irrational fans) are perfectly willing to attack anything that threatens his inclusion
This is part of the reason of why I began my trollish attitude towards snake fans, when I joined this site I saw posters who constantly attacked Mega man comparing his situation to snakes, and most of them didn't even know his history or played his games yet they were content with lashing out against Nintendo fans for doing the same thing to snake hypocrisy at it's finest.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
This is part of the reason of why I began my trollish attitude towards snake fans, when I joined this site I saw posters who constantly attacked Mega man comparing his situation to snakes, and most of them didn't even know his history or played his games yet they were content with lashing out against Nintendo fans for doing the same thing to snake hypocrisy at it's finest.
The problem with that is that not all Snake fans are irrational. You don't see most of us in this thread lashing out against other fan bases for this reason. It's been mostly peaceful here.

Then you come out and attack us for no reason.

I won't(and I can't) stop you from trolling the fans. But troll the wrong type of fans and not those that can sit down and have a rational discussion about things or you're just going to look like an attention hungry jerk with no manners(for a supposed 22 year old) to the peaceful lot.

That and you could not respond to things with rude statements like when I mentioned something from the NES games a few pages back and you called me captain obvious. It's always the small things, isn't it.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well. I don't know who they were but it defiantly wouldn't me because I LOVE MEGAMAN he's so cool I know his history very well. When he was reveled I was HYPED beyond levels. Did I mention that I LOVE MEGAMAN?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
The problem with that is that not all Snake fans are irrational. You don't see most of us in this thread lashing out against other fan bases for this reason. It's been mostly peaceful here.

Then you come out and attack us for no reason.

I won't(and I can't) stop you from trolling the fans. But troll the wrong type of fans and not those that can sit down and have a rational discussion about things or you're just going to look like an attention hungry jerk to the peaceful lot.
I've done stopped @ Thebluecomet Thebluecomet rain of terror long ago. He should be pretty calm now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yeah, I didn't care about Mega Man at all, but I was still happy for his fans. I knew about his history with Nintendo and I even played some of his games to see what he was all about. I was really excited for Pac-Man though, but not for his history with Nintendo.

That's where most people lose focus, third parties should be focused on for their overall history within the game industry, not because "most of their games are on Nintendo consoles." If you remember, Sakurai's criteria was "at least one game."
Not ten games, not thirty, not all of their games, at least one. Sakurai doesn't care about their history with Nintendo.

I still hope for the day that we can see Pac-Man, Snake, Mega Man, Sonic, and Rayman all together in Smash.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I don't think I'm all that extreme or irrational, and Snake is my second most wanted character in general:
  1. Rayman
  2. Snake
  3. King K. Rool
I even want him to return more than I want to see the glorious Kremling King join. :troll:
I have no problem with rayman, as long as I get snake I'm fine. In fact I have defended rayman on other sites, those guys were talking about the ubisoft betrayal and ubisoft not suporting nintendo. I asked them, why should they care? It's not like they work for nintendo or anything.What's wrong with getting a unique character?

Wow, so you admit to being a troll, huh. A lot of us here have played megaman games, and I am thrilled he made it in. None of us here go to the megaman thread, or rayman thread, or pacman thread and troll them and attack the character and fans. But you on the other hand, come here and attack us calling us "ignorant" or "hypocrites." What makes that right? You're not doing anyone justice by coming here and "trolling" us.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
In a odd way if for some reason we never get snake back.
I would hope were at least told some sort of reasoning behind it.
Thus far it seems like every cut character has always just been attributed to time constraints.
While Ice Climber at the moment is due to console parity if we take the talk of them performing on 3DS from awhile back.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Yeah, I didn't care about Mega Man at all, but I was still happy for his fans. I knew about his history with Nintendo and I even played some of his games to see what he was all about. I was really excited for Pac-Man though, but not for his history with Nintendo.

That's where most people lose focus, third parties should be focused on for their overall history within the game industry, not because "most of their games are on Nintendo consoles." If you remember, Sakurai's criteria was "at least one game."
Not ten games, not thirty, not all of their games, at least one. Sakurai doesn't care about their history with Nintendo.

I still hope for the day that we can see Pac-Man, Snake, Mega Man, Sonic, and Rayman all together in Smash.
but even Sakurai himself admitted that he doesn't want too many third party characters in the game.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
You can't stop a troll or someone who proclaims himself one.

And that comment is begging to be trolled, so just stop it there lest a flame war be ignited.
Wow, so you admit to being a troll, huh. A lot of us here have played megaman games, and I am thrilled he made it in. None of us here go to the megaman thread, or rayman thread, or pacman thread and troll them and attack the character and fans. But you on the other hand, come here and attack us calling us "ignorant" or "hypocrites." What makes that right. You're not doing anyone justice by coming here and "trolling" us.
huh??

But. But. he turn over a New Leaf

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I hardly think five characters are "too many."

Particularly if we reach 50+ characters overall.
if the leak is to be believed then were getting less than that, and we also don't know what Sakurai considers to be too many in brawl there were only two, this game currently has three and all things point to those three being final.

Wow, so you admit to being a troll, huh. A lot of us here have played megaman games, and I am thrilled he made it in. None of us here go to the megaman thread, or rayman thread, or pacman thread and troll them and attack the character and fans. But you on the other hand, come here and attack us calling us "ignorant" or "hypocrites." What makes that right? You're not doing anyone justice by coming here and "trolling" us.
You can't stop a troll or someone who proclaims himself one.

And that comment is begging to be trolled, so just stop it there lest a flame war be ignited.
Except nowhere in my post did I admit to being a troll I said trollish attitude and perhaps I should've worded that better, what I should have said is this "the reason I stopped being Civil with you guys'' I also said in a past tense as in I have stopped. I see that you have edited your comments and have now attacked my behavior, typical seems that the captain obvious thing really got under your skin. It isn't hard to tell who the child here really is if you can't handle a simple remark perhaps you should grow up.

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
if the leak is to be believed then were getting less than that.
You mean the blatantly real leak that was confirmed via Shulk's reveal? That already has 51 characters on it and All-Star mode is locked, meaning that there's at least one more character left, if not more. What are you even talking about?

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
You mean the blatantly real leak that was confirmed via Shulk's reveal? That already has 51 characters on it and All-Star mode is locked, meaning that there's at least one more character left, if not more. What are you even talking about?
Yes that one sorry forgot to count how many characters were in it, anyway the point I made about the third parties still stands.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Yes that one sorry forgot to count how many characters were in it, anyway the point I made about the third parties still stands.
I don't think Sakurai is that picky about third parties. He apparently went through the troubles of dealing with licensing to get Rayman for just a trophy. If random third party trophies aren't pushing the limit, then I don't know what is.

Even so, if we just got Snake that'd be four. Just two more than Brawl isn't that big of an increase.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Has he ever stated what was the limit when it came to 3rd parties?
Errr. No. But he has stated that too many would "wily-nily" and loose focus on the game

But I will say this there are other Nintendo Characters that are begging for a slot more than a "New Third Party"

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Snake fans are a bit defensive. We don't have any evidence of his inclusion, want him in the game and fear the worst. Makes it harder when about 80% of the smash community as a whole puts him down or omits him (ones into the series enough to go in message boards, at least) tends to be a bit soul crushing.

At the end of the day, though, even if we don't get Snake back in Smash, we will always have him in Brawl and that is good enough for me if it comes down to it.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
I don't think Sakurai is that picky about third parties. He apparently went through the troubles of dealing with licensing to get Rayman for just a trophy. If random third party trophies aren't pushing the limit, then I don't know what is.

Even so, if we just got Snake that'd be four. Just two more than Brawl isn't that big of an increase.
Errr. No. But he has stated that too many would "wily-nily" and loose focus on the game
"
The thing is Rayman is relegated to a trophy he isn't a playable character, therefore he doesn't technically count, Snake isn't in the game yet and all things are pointing to him being cut so it would only be one more than brawl. Since Sakurai feels that adding too many would lose the focus of the game that just means he sees the series as a Celebration of Nintendo and not of Video Games in general. lastly I just checked the roster leak there's only 48 characters on it where the heck did you get 51.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
This is part of the reason of why I began my trollish attitude towards snake fans.
This is a word-for-word what you said. Why were you being trollish to us? What's to gain from making people angry? Snake fans weren't originally this defensive, but we had to because people like you attacked us constantly. I've been here for since page six, and people started going down on us around pages 15-20. Sometimes I wish that this thread was like what it was at page eight, when people were happy to discuss and share their love of MGS, not some battleground between "Nintendo purists" and "Snake Extremists".

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
If Snake is in we'd have seen him already. He's probably the biggest of the third parties in this day of age, and he's got seniority over Sonic and Mega Man. One of the most iconic video game characters with a rich history, a revolutionary series and is actually still going strong today.

They'd use him for advertisement if he's in, but they aren't. He's really the cut that I won't ever understand.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
If Snake is in we'd have seen him already. He's probably the biggest of the third parties in this day of age, and he's got seniority over Sonic and Mega Man. One of the most iconic video game characters with a rich history, a revolutionary series and is actually still going strong today.

They'd use him for advertisement if he's in, but they aren't. He's really the cut that I won't ever understand.
Could use him to promote MGS5 and Smash DLC closer to their releases

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
See: Life

There are always bad eggs, no matter where you go. Doesn't mean the rest of us can't get along.

I'm not trying to get people here on the Rayman train, but I keep seeing him being brought up in particular.
I disagree with @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I think we could all get along. I wished for Rayman to be in but I new it was a far stretch and was psyched when I saw him as a trophy, I do feel a little stronger towards Snake though being a veteran and all, I only wish they could both be in.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
They don't take up three different slots and weren't on the roster when I checked
Are you seriously using the slots argument? They are three characters that took up the development time of three characters.

Pokemon Trainer had three completely unique characters despite taking up a single slot, that's just now how it works.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I disagree with @ LIQUID12A LIQUID12A I think we could all get along. I wished for Rayman to be in but I new it was a far stretch and was psyched when I saw him as a trophy, I do feel a little stronger towards Snake though being a veteran and all, I only wish they could both be in.
(disclaimer: I respect your opinion)

I believe that the individual character fanbases can get along.

Not in their entirety, mind you, due to the unreasonable few, but they can.

Then again, this is Smash Bros, where divided fanbases exist over everything, so it's not like I'm unfounded in my claim.

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Are you seriously using the slots argument? They are three characters that took up the development time of three characters.

Pokemon Trainer had three completely unique characters despite taking up a single slot, that's just now how it works.
I was just explaining why I forgot about them since they are not on the roster.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
(disclaimer: I respect your opinion)

I believe that the individual character fanbases can get along.

Not in their entirety, mind you, due to the unreasonable few, but they can.

Then again, this is Smash Bros, where divided fanbases exist over everything, so it's not like I'm unfounded in my claim.
What has bothered me about the Smash fan base is the so called "competition" between 2 characters who are totally unrelated ex. Isaac and Shulk, and now it seems the same thing is happening on a larger scale a la the entirety of 3rd parties.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

I wouldn't say he has Seniority over Sonic. Both Characters should be treated equally. I don't know why they haven't reveled him yet they missed so many great places Smash Direct, E3, SDCC. MGS5GZ alone sold 1million copies so it's a pretty strong franchise up there with Mario and Pokémon!

Could use him to promote MGS5 and Smash DLC closer to their releases
I really don't think there's going to be DLC they may be after all Nintendo sticking DLC onto everything nowadays. I wouldn't get my hopes up for DLC this is coming from Sakurai the man who took out Cutscences because people put them on Youtube.

Top Bottom