• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I think its mainly that since all the characters arent unlocked, the roster hasnt shifted to its final shape where in those characters would be in the right place after.

----
On a side note

"with Dark Pit and Bowser Jr being playable, I got everything I wanted from Sakurai.

If Snake is cut, then this is my ideal game." - dedekong

It just kills me that this filth might get everything he wanted if that leak turns out real. Just..ugh
Is this the same guy who leak the roster and DLC? If so, this makes him even more un-trustworthy as he already about the DLC and is now clearly showing bias.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Is this the same guy who leak the roster and DLC? If so, this makes him even more un-trustworthy as he already about the DLC and is now clearly showing bias.
Nah its just a long time troll from another board, he has no information. Hes gone on tirades against snake since this game was announced (even megaman too but we saw how that turned out).

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
"with Dark Pit and Bowser Jr being playable, I got everything I wanted from Sakurai.

If Snake is cut, then this is my ideal game." - dedekong

It just kills me that this filth might get everything he wanted if that leak turns out real. Just..ugh
Why do you even listen to dedekong? He's known for being one of the biggest hypocrites in the smash community. He said that Mega Man did not deserve to be in the game and Ryu will be in. Then massively complained when confirmed.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Why do you even listen to dedekong? He's known for being one of the biggest hypocrites in the smash community. He said that Mega Man did not deserve to be in the game and Ryu will be in. Then massively complained when confirmed.
Er... Which Ryu? Ryu from Street Fighter or Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden? Both are "retro" characters, unless we're talking about another Ryu. They'd be interesting, but they have their own fighting games to deal with.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Its not so much listening as having to see it and know its there, he is the prime example of some nintendo fans that want their perfect bubble.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Er... Which Ryu? Ryu from Street Fighter or Ryu Hayabusa from Ninja Gaiden? Both are "retro" characters, unless we're talking about another Ryu. They'd be interesting, but they have their own fighting games to deal with.
Ryu from Street Fighter

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Its not so much listening as having to see it and know its there, he is the prime example of some nintendo fans that want their perfect bubble.
We all know the feelling. Those purists can be so annoying and counter-productive. On the flip side, it can also be really fun to challenge their statements and then watch them and their arguements crumble.

On a unrelated note, I found some more MGS fan art online:

As unrealistic as this is within the MGS canon, I just really like this art.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We all know the feelling. Those purists can be so annoying and counter-productive. On the flip side, it can also be really fun to challenge their statements and then watch them and their arguements crumble.

On a unrelated note, I found some more MGS fan art online:

As unrealistic as this is within the MGS canon, I just really like this art.
lol big boss is younger than solidus in this picture

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
lol big boss is younger than solidus in this picture
Solidus was a direct clone of BB, so in order to prevent enemies from getting their hands an excat copy BB's DNA, the Patroits modified his genes that he would age faster and earlier than even Solid Snake, which is why despite being cronologically the youngest of the Les Enfants Terribles, he was biologically the oldest. You probably already know this though.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Solidus was a direct clone of BB, so in order to prevent enemies from getting their hands an excat copy BB's DNA, the Patroits modified his genes that he would age faster and earlier than even Solid Snake, which is why despite being cronologically the youngest of the Les Enfants Terribles, he was biologically the oldest. You probably already know this though.
yeah, just thought it was funny seeing son look older than father.
I wonder if solidus will be in MGSV...

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/69941829

Here's a nice topic, I can't find too many negative posts in this.
A decent topic on GFaqs what kind of parallel universe have I walked into, I found a poster that basically summarizes my opinions on snake I hope he doesn't mind if I quote him.
[I don't feel like he ever belonged in the first place. I don't hate him, or begrudge his inclusion, but it made it very easy to accept when he didn't come back./QUOTE]

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Im gonna be on the road and camping in the forest until monday (my birthday is on saturday, the same date as operation snake eater coincidently). Im probably gonna miss what goes down, so someone send a tag my way so i can be debriefed on all that happened.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Im gonna be on the road and camping in the forest until monday (my birthday is on saturday, the same date as operation snake eater coincidently). Im probably gonna miss what goes down, so someone send a tag my way so i can be debriefed on all that happened.
Don't get lost in the forest maze. :troll:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
And...once again, he lost his reveal chance. I don't know what to think, guys...

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
And...once again, he lost his reveal chance. I don't know what to think, guys...
If he's coming back I don't see it being with the 3DS release.
Now using him to hype of the WiiU release I could see happen.
Nintendo knows this is their money maker this holiday, and a fighting game's biggest impact on hype is with the characters.
We could be seeing new characters on the WiiU with DLC for the 3DS when it comes out.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
If he's coming back I don't see it being with the 3DS release.
Now using him to hype of the WiiU release I could see happen.
Nintendo knows this is their money maker this holiday, and a fighting game's biggest impact on hype is with the characters.
We could be seeing new characters on the WiiU with DLC for the 3DS when it comes out.
Nah, I really doubt about it. Sakurai had stated several times that the roster will be the same. In-game on 3DSare In-game on Wii U, and DLC on 3DS will be DLC as well on Wii U. There is still players who can't connect their consoles to internet, and the "DLC on 3DS but In-game on Wii U" would ruin the "same roster" fact. However, D1 Wii U DLC for BOTH version can be a thing...

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
As I keep saying Snake being on the cart of the 3DS version is 90% not happening at this point.
But the case for him as DLC is still a strong one. Recent fighters that have 3rd party characters as DLC end up with that being their highest selling DLC. makes sense to me that Snake could be held back for that too really push sales.

Mewtwo and Snake with other cut veterans as DLC would be a huge deal.

helloiamhere

Smash Journeyman
Are you saying that because Snake wasn't revealed in the direct?
Yeah, I mean Snake supporters (I am one of them) basically said after E3 that it's the August direct, or bust. Well, we had our direct today and August ends Sunday. Nintendo nor Konami would want to keep Snake a secret character, they both would want to advertise him and show him off. The game literally comes out (in Japan) in 2 weeks.

We should place all of our chips on DLC now. I just don't see how Snake is in this one.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Are you saying that because Snake wasn't revealed in the direct?
Yes/No. You have a lot of enthusiasm Ekans. But the leak matches up. Shulk's artwork perfectly match's his "leaked" portrait.

Perfect match.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wonder if konami and nintendo were in talks of bringing him in the starting roster

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Even if he's not in, I still want to hear the reasoning behind Sakurai's decision to cut him, or even if it was his decision at all.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
Well hold on now, broskis, I know things are looking pretty dark right now, and I'm probably blinded by hope, but the 3ds builds at PAX are apparently the final version of the game. These are playable behind closed doors, and only the press is allowed to play them, but maybe a channel like Game Xplain will check the "Press Start" screen for Konami's name. At this point, I'm 99.9% sure Snake isn't in, but who knows?

If Smash Bros does have DLC, which is definitely possible*, I'm pretty confident that Snake will make his Smash debut there.

*Mario Kart 8 is having DLC, and that will probably sell well since it has Link and the Villager in it,and the fact Smash 4 will probably be the best selling Wii U game, and one of the best selling 3DS games, makes me confident that Nintendo will seize the opportunity to sell DLC for Smash 4. If its character DLC, I think Snake has a pretty good shot at gettting in then if Kojima asks.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Well hold on now, broskis, I know things are looking pretty dark right now, and I'm probably blinded by hope, but the 3ds builds at PAX are apparently the final version of the game. These are playable behind closed doors, and only the press is allowed to play them, but maybe a channel like Game Xplain will check the "Press Start" screen for Konami's name. At this point, I'm 99.9% sure Snake isn't in, but who knows?

If Smash Bros does have DLC, which is definitely possible*, I'm pretty confident that Snake will make his Smash debut there.

*Mario Kart 8 is having DLC, and that will probably sell well since it has Link and the Villager in it,and the fact Smash 4 will probably be the best selling Wii U game, and one of the best selling 3DS games, makes me confident that Nintendo will seize the opportunity to sell DLC for Smash 4. If its character DLC, I think Snake has a pretty good shot at gettting in then if Kojima asks.
Not to mention Konami could make some good cash from the DLC as well.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I won't give in, I won't stop yet. I've brought out my old sig icon... and I'll wear it until the bitter end.

Sakurai...

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yes/No. You have a lot of enthusiasm Ekans. But the leak matches up. Shulk's artwork perfectly match's his "leaked" portrait.

Perfect match.
I believe there is some truth to the the roster leak, but the fact that the leaker already lied to us, the aforementioned inconsistencies of the roster, and the odd... choice of character roster makes me believe otherwise. Even if Snake is cut, I'm going to campain with @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones for Snake to get DLC, since DLC is now an option.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Snake as DLC could actually be complicated vs him just being in the game.

If he was paid for DLC I would imagine that a portion of that income from it would go to Konami. Then you also need to consider the length of the contract. If they do it in portions and would need to renew, it would be horrible.

Look at MvC3 as an example. They had to take down the DLC characters, so now you can't get the two if you never got them.

Maybe they were working on an agreement and couldn't get it down. Could be why snake would be omitted or why he was late to the new installment and joins as DLC.

Inversely, to MCC3, you have PSASBR that had third party characters. These also had the costumes they later gave out for free and Isaac was a third party DLC character. And that worked out, so who knows?

Just worries me a little.

Also when the box leaked, did they list Monolith?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake as DLC could actually be complicated vs him just being in the game.

If he was paid for DLC I would imagine that a portion of that income from it would go to Konami. Then you also need to consider the length of the contract. If they do it in portions and would need to renew, it would be horrible.

Look at MvC3 as an example. They had to take down the DLC characters, so now you can't get the two if you never got them.

Maybe they were working on an agreement and couldn't get it down. Could be why snake would be omitted or why he was late to the new installment and joins as DLC.

Inversely, to MCC3, you have PSASBR that had third party characters. These also had the costumes they later gave out for free and Isaac was a third party DLC character. And that worked out, so who knows?

Just worries me a little.

Also when the box leaked, did they list Monolith?
Monolith was not listed on the box leak.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Well, so long as there is light...there is shadow.

Makes sense then, because the box leak and the credits only list the other companies involved once they are revealed. Same thing with menus, seems that the newer revealed characters aren't featured in the menu. The leak also didn't have All Star unlocked, so there are still some uncertains in the roster.

When announced, I always thought the 3DS would limit the roster size comparative to the WIIU. Seems like that's true. Especially now that they had problems with the Climbers and they are releasing a more super 3DS.

Could see them releasing the other characters as DLC around the time of the wii u version.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
After all of what I have seen this day, all I can say is... Standing...

But if Link got into MK, maybe there won't be a reason to say "where did all went wrong."

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I don't think Snake being DLC would be that big of a issue.
Brawl is still being printed isn't it? DLC would be no different than whatever agreement they came to for characters on the disc.
We all know in the case of Smash that it's more beneficial for the third party than it is nintendo. So i'm pretty sure they have a lot of say in exactly how it will go. Plus with Sakurai and Kojima still being friends from what we know that would make any agreements easy I would think.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It seems that these leaks, box art stuff, not being on all star mode icon have brought this thread down. Is there anything to discuss?

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
It seems that these leaks, box art stuff, not being on all star mode icon have brought this thread down. Is there anything to discuss?
I'm still just going to wait on the Japanese release of the game, the CSS leak still bugs me specifically Game & Watch's hand.

Top Bottom