• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
No Mewtwo, no Ice Climbers, no Lucas, and no Snake. It is probably fake although Duck Hunt Dog looks really cool.

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
ugh i am sick of seeing so many "leaks" excluding snake. why would he be cut? sakurai said he wants to "make the best character game in the world" and if snake is cut, thats the FIRST TIME in smash that an entire UNIVERSE has been cut. i know more people who liked snakes inclusion than people who disliked him, and he brought so much flavor and diversity to brawl, i really just dont see him realistically being cut.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
ugh i am sick of seeing so many "leaks" excluding snake. why would he be cut? sakurai said he wants to "make the best character game in the world" and if snake is cut, thats the FIRST TIME in smash that an entire UNIVERSE has been cut. i know more people who liked snakes inclusion than people who disliked him, and he brought so much flavor and diversity to brawl, i really just dont see him realistically being cut.
^THIS!
Thank you, someone new finally came in and said it.
Honestly that leak is a load of bologna, Ganondorf looks awful, a lot of characters look photoshopped and than there's the lack of things like matches, items and other options at the top. I think it just looks wrong to be for the 3DS screen or the Wii U screen too.

Yoshi-Thomas

Smash Champion
^THIS!
Thank you, someone new finally came in and said it.
Honestly that leak is a load of bologna, Ganondorf looks awful, a lot of characters look photoshopped and than there's the lack of things like matches, items and other options at the top. I think it just looks wrong to be for the 3DS screen or the Wii U screen too.
This leak says Snake is playable actually. One of the only reasons I blindly believe it.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Snake in through dlc...a part of me is okay with this happening, since all Brawl vets return in some way (plus I sort of felt dlc should only be for vets anyway), but another part sort of hates not seeing the likes of Snake or Ice Climbers in at first. And when you think of it, those 4 Brawl vets do have things that can make them hard to get in time for the final game (and therefore dlc).

However, while the leak is popping up in every topic on this board, its best to not think about it too much, since all it takes is one veteran/newcomer reveal to prove/disprove it, and we're guaranteed to see that within 2 weeks.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
So snake would be dlc if this was true, I'd be down with that!
But there are too many holes in this leak, so I think its fake.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
While I'm not saying that this leak is 100% real or fake, I will say that we should keep an open mind. While it does have its inconsitencies (ESRB playing the game when they don't, Wario's eye, game & watch going out of box, and Ness' shirt not slanted) The renders for some of these characters, particularly Duck Hunt is incredible. And I believe when a leak showed up in Brawl and Melee (even Pokemon X and Y) people focused on these errors, and then the leak ended up being true. That's why I'm in the middle with this.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm saying the leak is fake; it looks like whoever designed it believes that Shulk is a third-party character, and it doesn't make sense to organize every character by series and then keep the clones separate from everybody else.

Triblaze

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Triblaze0
Hm, think we could get Venom Snake from Phantom Pain? He could use box as a counter move now!?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm with most of you guys. I believe the leak, while very well done, is fake. The aforementioned inconsistencies, like Wairo's eye, G&W out of frame, and all that jazz. It does have a silver lining, saying Snake will be DLC. So I'm hoping the part about DLC is true, as not all parts of all leaks are true, but this leak overall looks fake.
ugh i am sick of :snake:In Smash Bros
Hello again. It's been a while since you posted. Have you been enjoying the new content SSB4 has to offer? Also, why do you not want Snake in Smash. Do you not like Snake as a character?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Standing here I realize
You were just like me trying to believe this leak
But who's to judge the right from wrong
When our theories are down, I think we'll both agree

That arguments breed arguments
But in the end, it has to be this way.

i want it to be real holy ****

Last edited:

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
Snake is a 3rd party rep, doesnt really fit in with nintendo characters, his last like 4 games(metal gear 4, 5, revengance, ground zero, 5, and the collection(if you include raiden as the revengance character)) have all not been on nintendo platforms, and metal gear was just represented in playstation all stars. Yes he is unique, yes he is a good character, but there are obvious reasons why he would be cut from the game. Plus having 4 3rd party reps is a lot, as you could have a 4 player match without any nintendo characters(all of them being unique of course as you can have 4 sonics in one match). That being said I want snake to return, but I am also not stupid enough to not see a good reason for him being cut.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'd personally prefer if we got his MGS1 design as an alt costume at least.
Plus having 4 3rd party reps is a lot, as you could have a 4 player match without any nintendo characters(all of them being unique of course as you can have 4 sonics in one match).
The fact that you have to stipulate their uniqueness just shows how arbitrary a point that is.

To elaborate: The idea that it must agree to some paradigm of 4 unique fighters with at least one Nintendo hasn't been proven as particularly important. You can have 3 player matches with no Nintendo characters on a non-Nintendo stage, what difference does that make. Then consider that this is a Nintendo "All-Star" game and note how you can have a match entirely with characters from a single series, which runs contrary to the whole 'crossover' thing. It's a pretty arbitrary distinction.

Last edited:

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
the big thing is metal gear is a franchise that is no longer supporting nintendo consoles, which is a huge factor in finding 3rd party reps for smash. Megaman is really an iconic nes franchise so he gets a pass. Bandai namco is supporting the wii u and helping to develop smash. Sega is supporting the wii u with 3 exclusive sonic games and bayonetta 1 and 2. Metal gear is completely ignoring the wii u, and thats bad. When the character/franchise wont support the new system, what makes you think that nintendo will willingly help promote the character. People act like they would be dropping snake because he is an unpopular character, but the truth is they would be dropping him because his owners arent supporting nintendo. Which is a good, if not great, reason to drop a character. And that makes him a highly likely cut, which is why all the leaks tend to avoid putting him in the game.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Sakurai: "Kojima isn't releasing MGS on Nintendo consoles? Backstabber! You, cut Snake out of the roster, stat!"

yeah dont see it

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
the big thing is metal gear is a franchise that is no longer supporting nintendo consoles, which is a huge factor in finding 3rd party reps for smash. Megaman is really an iconic nes franchise so he gets a pass. Bandai namco is supporting the wii u and helping to develop smash. Sega is supporting the wii u with 3 exclusive sonic games and bayonetta 1 and 2. Metal gear is completely ignoring the wii u, and thats bad. When the character/franchise wont support the new system, what makes you think that nintendo will willingly help promote the character. People act like they would be dropping snake because he is an unpopular character, but the truth is they would be dropping him because his owners arent supporting nintendo. Which is a good, if not great, reason to drop a character. And that makes him a highly likely cut, which is why all the leaks tend to avoid putting him in the game.
You claim it is a huge factor in finding third party reps for Nintendo but that evidence could be described as circumstantial at best. It ignores the very obvious counter-example of Snake in Brawl, the first third-party and one who never had any games on Wii or DS, only a game on the GCN 2 years prior to his announcement in Brawl (vs the smaller difference in time between MGS3D on 3DS and Smash 4). Sakurai has never said that a particularly strong Nintendo representation matters, only that they have to have appeared on a Nintendo console before. His insights have only revealed a couple of things: He added Sonic and Mega Man because they were popularly requested in polls. Pac-Man is iconic and an opportunity he seized upon. There isn't actually much to suggest directly that he is strongly influenced by Nintendo-fidelity (Snake being the very first, and originally only 3rd party would run counter to that) and he has basically said himself that he doesn't care about console wars.

rmw6190

Smash Rookie
yeah because nintendo as a business wants to promote a game that is going to be on all next gen consoles besides the wii u, just to have snake in the game. And you can't see why this is a bad idea.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
yeah because nintendo as a business wants to promote a game that is going to be on all next gen consoles besides the wii u, just to have snake in the game. And you can't see why this is a bad idea.
Snake was in Brawl despite his latest release being on a competitor's console. Moreover there is an idea of mutual exchange - Snake being in Smash Bros. attracts people to the game as well which is a plus for Nintendo.

Xevious 1

Smash Ace
NNID
Xevious969409
3DS FC
1118-2448-4692
I really hope Kojima makes a collection with the first four MGS games exclusively for Wii U just to shut these people up.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Since everyone argues that Snake advertises for the competition, I just thought I'd point out that the opposite is also true.

Assuming that all characters in SSB4 advertise for their franchise, putting Snake in SSB4 could very helpful to Nintendo. By having Snake in SSB4, it can interest people who are already familiar with Snake but never played on or have a Nintendo console, such as MGS or PS4 players, to buy SSB4. From there on out, the other characters in SSB4 can advertise for their franchises, potentially leading players to buy Nintendo products and games. This is an example on why Nintendo would want to put Snake in SSB4.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
http://www.gameinformer.com/blogs/m...-mock-up-quot-is-better-than-nostradamus.aspx

This miiverse debug menu would like to have a word with you.
MGS5 actually has not been completely ruled out for wii u, he never said it wouldnt come, just online journalists spinning his words.(like they did with square and ffxv and kh3 for wii u, when square didnt even say it wouldnt wii u in the Q&A)
When asked if he would put metal gear on wii u, he said "if there is demand." He said the samething about PC,and guess what? It came.

Im not saying it will come, but I'm saying it could.
On the topic of MGS4, the wii couldnt run that game nor did it have enough disc space for it. Rising was probably too far in developement, and the wii u was not selling that well.if we get rising, it probably wouldnt sell cause its a late port. IDK about the collection, I guess it has to do with the install base, I think the collection should have come, it would have done better if it was ported to wii u and pc, as sony fans already own all of the games in the collection.

I guess we will find out soon

the smash nerd

Smash Ace
NNID
Nick.s3dsWiFi2
3DS FC
0344-9996-3724
Hello again. It's been a while since you posted. Have you been enjoying the new content SSB4 has to offer? Also, why do you not want Snake in Smash. Do you not like Snake as a character?
Yes.(not my style. Played him a while when brawl was just released but after, kind of totally ignored him

Last edited:

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
Snake is a 3rd party rep, doesnt really fit in with nintendo characters, his last like 4 games(metal gear 4, 5, revengance, ground zero, 5, and the collection(if you include raiden as the revengance character)) have all not been on nintendo platforms, and metal gear was just represented in playstation all stars. Yes he is unique, yes he is a good character, but there are obvious reasons why he would be cut from the game. Plus having 4 3rd party reps is a lot, as you could have a 4 player match without any nintendo characters(all of them being unique of course as you can have 4 sonics in one match). That being said I want snake to return, but I am also not stupid enough to not see a good reason for him being cut.
the "4 third party reps" argument is so arbitrary and one ive seen a lot. like you said, 4 players could all play snake or sonic in brawl and thatd count as not have any nintendo characters. its just a really silly counterpoint.
remember that mgs4 was about to be released when snake was announced for brawl, this situation isnt any different from before (theres actually more reason to include snake in smash 4 since snake eater 3d and whatnot.)
im pretty confident snake is going to return, theres a lot more arguments in favor of him being in the game than against it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
the big thing is metal gear is a franchise that is no longer supporting nintendo consoles, which is a huge factor in finding 3rd party reps for smash..
Written where?

oh and no longer supporting nintendo?

Which came out only a few short months before they started development on this game

----
As a third party they arent obligated to do anything.

Hell ubisoft just said assasins creed doesnt sell on nintendo systems, and that they had a number of games they were sitting on that are unrelased because they arent sure of the wiiu. We still got rayman trophies

And capcom said they had no plans for street fighter on wiiu, and the RE HD remake is coming to everything but nintendo systems where it was once an exclusive.

If sakurai wants a character in, he will get them in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Sakurai isn't even a part of nintendo anymore I think, why would he care about console war crap.

Sora ltd is 3rd party, I know that.

Last edited:

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
Sakurai isn't even a part of nintendo anymore I think, why would he care about console war crap.

Sora ltd is 3rd party, I know that.
Really? Wasn't Sora ltd a 2nd party? I never seen a Sora game on other than Nintendo Consoles...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Really? Wasn't Sora ltd a 2nd party? I never seen a Sora game on other than Nintendo Consoles...
I read that he was freelance developer who would make games for people who contract him. Nintendo keeps contracting him, I guess cause they like him, and sakurai and iwata are friends because both are from HAL. but Project Sora(which is different) is 1st party

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sora_Ltd.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I actually kind of hope that leak is real. I think if we get Duck Hunt dog and the design is similar to the render we have on the leak, than I'll count Snake as DLC which is okay with me. As long as we have Snake.

Alt costume idea!
What if we had a MGS1 alt costume... but it was rendered just like it was in the original game. Not too out of the realm of possibility given the appearance of the mask in MGS4...

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I actually kind of hope that leak is real. I think if we get Duck Hunt dog and the design is similar to the render we have on the leak, than I'll count Snake as DLC which is okay with me. As long as we have Snake.

Alt costume idea!
What if we had a MGS1 alt costume... but it was rendered just like it was in the original game. Not too out of the realm of possibility given the appearance of the mask in MGS4...
That's my number one want for a Snake Atl., except I'd like it to be the Twin Snakes look.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I want his face to look closer to his codec portrait if he's getting an MGS1 alt

Best face

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I want his face to look closer to his codec portrait if he's getting an MGS1 alt

Best face
He looks like he wants to bite someone's head off. Snake has such a... unique facial structure... it's very angular. I don't quite know how to discribe it. Actually now that I look at it, it seems like his look in MGS1 is in comparison with his MGS2 look, where his face looks a bit fuller because BB looks like that. Although that might be because of the beard. I know you can get him to shave it, although I haven't seen any picture of it.

Top Bottom