• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

TectonicImprov

Smash Rookie
Snake's Codec's for Sonic
Snake: ...
Otacon: Alright. What is it you don't like about him. His ability to run at the speed of sound?
Snake: No!
Otacon: Is it his ability to harness the power of the 7 Chaos Emeralds and turn invincible?
Snake: No. Not That either!
Otacon: Is it some type of rivalry Hedgehog's and Snake's that im not aware of?
Snake: WHAT!? No..
Otacon: Then what???
Snake: It's the fact he's so Cocky and arrogant, and I can't stand that grin on his face. He just rubs me the wrong way. Now I got a Hedgehog to exterminate!
*Ends Transmission*
I never did understand why Snake didn't like Sonic in his Codec conversation.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I never did understand why Snake didn't like Sonic in his Codec conversation.
It's a reference to a fun fact. Snake's Japanese VA is the son of Dr. Eggman's Japanese VA.

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
ONE OF METAL GEAR SOLID'S COMPOSERS FOR THE LAST FOUR OR FIVE GAMES

I BELIEVE THE ESRB LEAK

BUT WHY WOULD THEY GET THAT WOMAN SPECIFICALLY

USUALLY THEY GET THOSE GUYS FOR REMIXES

MY HEART

MY POOR

LITTLE

****ING

HEART

EDIT: HE MADE BRAWL'S THEME OF LOVE. SMASH 4 SINS OF THE FATHER REMIX OH MY GOD COULD IT HAPPEN

EDIT: SHE SORRY WAS IN TOO MUCH OF A HYPE TORNADO LOOKING AT ALL DAT MGS WORK

Last edited:

lob

Smash Cadet
NNID
FunkyLobster
3DS FC
0877-1680-1612
guys, the composers don't really mean anything. it's not evidence snake is returning (although he is returning for sure imo.) there's even people whove worked on **** like wild arms, a sony platform exclusive... if it actually means anything, it means phoenix wright, dante, shulk, cloud, that bear from tekken, monster hunter, sora, A ****ING DANGANRONPA CHARACTER, a soul calibur character, and prince from katamari damacy are confirmed for smash 4. i seriously think it's just a 'notable works' thing (but thats a pretty ****ing cool roster.)

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
guys, the composers don't really mean anything. it's not evidence snake is returning (although he is returning for sure imo.) there's even people whove worked on **** like wild arms, a sony platform exclusive... if it actually means anything, it means phoenix wright, dante, shulk, cloud, that bear from tekken, monster hunter, sora, A ****ING DANGANRONPA CHARACTER, a soul calibur character, and prince from katamari damacy are confirmed for smash 4. i seriously think it's just a 'notable works' thing (but thats a pretty ****ing cool roster.)
I think there is a notable difference between her and many of the composers listed. Many of them have previous credits with Nintendo and the already known third party companies. According to IMDB her previous game credits are MGS, Brawl which was MGS stuff again, PES, Kingdom Hearts and Halo 4. I won't say it's conclusive and I haven't examined every composer's background but it seems suggestive.

It would be the height of evil if they got just her for misc. work and listed the MGS credit. Always a distinct possibility though.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I think there is a notable difference between her and many of the composers listed. Many of them have previous credits with Nintendo and the already known third party companies. According to IMDB her previous game credits are MGS, Brawl which was MGS stuff again, PES, Kingdom Hearts and Halo 4. I won't say it's conclusive and I haven't examined every composer's background but it seems suggestive.
Yep her work definitely leads into a different angle when compared to most there.
Sure it still might be nothing but this news is definitely the closest to anything we've ever had.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
My heart. It can't take it. Someone help.

EDIT: I know this doesn't solidify anything, but this update gives me hope. I mean, why would he list MGS4 (She's also worked on 5) in her credits. He's aware what would happen if Snake wasn't in the game now. I'm just laying in fetal position right now. Someone help.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
One of the people who composed music for MGS4 is working for SSB4.

http://www.smashbros.com/us/music/
Damn, well thats an interesting twist. Like many have said it doesnt confirm anything, but from what ive seen she has her main work really on mgs and the mgs remixs for brawl, shes been a part of kingdom hearts soundtrack team and halo 4 as well. If this is just a tease, oh man i will hate you forever sakurai. It just kills me that metal gear solid is written on the site right there, and we may end up without snake anyway.

Man this rollercoaster ride is killing me lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I know it doesn't really confirm anything either way, but seeing as her only work that's relevant to Nintendo systems has been working on Metal Gear Solid remixes in Brawl, and a lot of her work beyond that is with the Metal Gear series, it's at least given me reason to hope.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It's at least nice to have a source of hope in these dark days. It would have boded much worse had there been nobody Metal Gear related on that list.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Damn, well thats an interesting twist. Like many have said it doesnt confirm anything, but from what ive seen she has her main work really on mgs and the mgs remixs for brawl, shes been a part of kingdom hearts soundtrack team and halo 4 as well. If this is just a tease, oh man i will hate you forever sakurai. It just kills me that metal gear solid is written on the site right there, and we may end up without snake anyway.

Man this rollercoaster ride is killing me lol
Her only history with Nintendo is her presence in smash along with snake, and she's been an amazing part of MGS for a while there's no way she's brought back if not for that.
unless sakurai hates us

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
This update is really awesome. While it's not much, it finally some positive news regarding Snake. Let's just hope things keep going our way.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
Okay, this is just all kinds of heart twisting waiting...

I'm going to try to avoid spoilers when SSB4 comes out but...that full roster though....

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
This definitely bodes well. I'm remaining cautious given everything that happened this week, but for me this is some of the best evidence for Snake's inclusion yet.
Yep in the same boat. But it definitely is the best thing we have seen towards Snake.
Especially when you look at the composers background.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
This leak man..., if it didn't exist I would be super hyped right now.
I'm hoping for the snake reveal that kills this leak.

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
A Snake reveal wouldn't necessarily kill the leak, especially if it turns out Miis aren't selected via the CSS.

It's just mean he was a hitherto unknown 5th fighter on the leaked roster. Ninka's guy thought he was cut but it turns out he's not.

I know that sounds like "Just because Gematsu got Chrom and Shulk's reveal wrong doesn't mean anything," but I feel as if Snake being revealed would mean Ninka's guy was making a poor assumption.

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Those people who don't think Snake deserves to be in Smash have forgotten one thing:

He rescued the Nintendo Princess's and fought bravely during the Subspace Emissary. That gets you lifetime admission in the Smash tournament and trophies built after you and your friends, I heard. (Though Sakurai needs to sign his name on them first)

Seriously, I just love how they gave Snake the spotlight for a decent amount of time in that mode, as opposed to the 20 seconds with Sonic.
I know this is a bit of a turbulent time but... If I was looking to get into the MGS series which games (and in what order) should I play them?
I basically started with 3 (well, MPO+, but that had no story).
3, 1, and the original MSX Metal Gears are the best to start with. 2 would be okay if you know MGS1's story since you see it from Raiden's Point of view (he knew what happened in MGS1 but wasn't there), but the 4 mentioned would be best.

Oh yes, and MGS1 is somewhat painful to play if you played MGS2 or TTS first.

A Snake reveal wouldn't necessarily kill the leak, especially if it turns out Miis aren't selected via the CSS.

It's just mean he was a hitherto unknown 5th fighter on the leaked roster. Ninka's guy thought he was cut but it turns out he's not.

I know that sounds like "Just because Gematsu got Chrom and Shulk's reveal wrong doesn't mean anything," but I feel as if Snake being revealed would mean Ninka's guy was making a poor assumption.
Agreed on this. Personally, I doubt Ninka's leak (I think its more legit then the CSS image) only because of some characters missing. It sounds real in all other parts though.

This composer thing definitely bods well for Shulk and Snake. Maybe we'll get our long awaited Mechon Gear Monday?

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Seriously, I just love how they gave Snake the spotlight for a decent amount of time in that mode, as opposed to the 20 seconds with Sonic.
Sonic was chosen late in Development. Sonic wasn't even on the Original Roster but due to fan demand he was added! Sonic would have gotten more time if he was added earlier in development!

Last edited:

Tikivoy

Smashing idol~
Switch FC
SW-4447-4606-8984
Sonic was chosen late in Development. Sonic wasn't even on the Original Roster but due to fan demand he was added! Sonic would have gotten more time if he was added earlier in development!
I'm sure he would. But I meant its great Snake got to share the spotlight in the mode like the others did. I alway's get a good laugh from the cutscene with Lucario pulling his box off.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Wait, so the leak says that:
Snake is DLC.
and with the recent info about the music stuff there's a possible hint he's coming back right?
Also, didn't they say the DLC part was a lie or whatever?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I got some good music from the gamboy color game (listen to the first one, really good):
Final Battle with Viper:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND2ntb1x8DM
This one of the best themes I have ever heard, just epic. Pumps some adrenaline while you're chasing black arts viper down.
It's so underrated, it would be great if smash gave this theme the recognition it deserves

The Past:
http://www.freewebs.com/metalgearsolidnet/Music/17 The Past.mp3
This the theme that plays after you beat a boss and you have to listen to their sad story.It kinda adds to the moment, it's really good

Battle With Metal Gear Gander:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Haz3UlKl0E
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Okb0-UrN13o
The theme that plays while you fight metal gander.

Theme of Tara:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35F3yrR1L9I
The GBC remix of the theme of tara

Retribution:
http://www.freewebs.com/metalgearsolidnet/Music/13 Retribution.mp3
Another good theme, plays when you meet viper for the first time.

Depature:
http://www.freewebs.com/metalgearsolidnet/Music/27 Depature.mp3
I forgot this, but this is from the ending I guess

Escape:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPUmMPN-nCc
Plays when you ecape the power plant after causing it to fall by blowing it up with c4

Infiltration:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkiURbl4kvQ
The normal infiltration theme

Game Over:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyCY2bkGwlU
self-explanatory

Last edited:

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
Wait, so the leak says that:
Snake is DLC.
and with the recent info about the music stuff there's a possible hint he's coming back right?
Also, didn't they say the DLC part was a lie or whatever?
The leak lied completely about the DLC part to **** with us.

But Snake has not been deconfirmed yet.

Yyyyyyyyeeeeeeeet

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
What about the box art leak, mustached man?

I don't want to lose hope, but that still has me in doubt.
We never did find out if Pac-Man had C4 on his face.

But really I could see them using that specific back of the box for the download cards, and updating it when they actually ship the game if Snake's in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
We never did find out if Pac-Man had C4 on his face.

But really I could see them using that specific back of the box for the download cards, and updating it when they actually ship the game if Snake's in.
what's this about pacman and c4?!?!?

Bravetriforcer

Smash Ace
what's this about pacman and c4?!?!?
Cool your jets, it didn't actually happen.

We just never saw the top of Pac-Man's head in that back of the box's leak, so I made a joke. The point is that the Download Card box art may have been special-made and omitted Snake for not being revealed yet.

But if the final game box is printed and Snake's not on there then, it's over.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Cool your jets, it didn't actually happen.

We just never saw the top of Pac-Man's head in that back of the box's leak, so I made a joke. The point is that the Download Card box art may have been special-made and omitted Snake for not being revealed yet.

But if the final game box is printed and Snake's not on there then, it's over.
oh, I feel silly now. I saw that joke in a gamfaqs thread looking it up.

Top Bottom