• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Can somebody link to a post where it's actually proven that the DLC part is a lie? Because last time I checked, the guy who leaked that particular tidbit (as well as the first picture leak on 4chan) was sticking to it, and it being a lie was just something the mods had decided without sharing any of the information that led them to that conclusion. There's no reason one leaker couldn't have slightly different info than the others. In fact, that's exactly how Brawl's leaks were, nobody had every piece of the puzzle.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Can somebody link to a post where it's actually proven that the DLC part is a lie? Because last time I checked, the guy who leaked that particular tidbit (as well as the first picture leak on 4chan) was sticking to it, and it being a lie was just something the mods had decided without sharing any of the information that led them to that conclusion. There's no reason one leaker couldn't have slightly different info than the others. In fact, that's exactly how Brawl's leaks were, nobody had every piece of the puzzle.
Yeah that whole thing seems really weird, ive yet to find anything other then people saying it was so and that was the end of it. This whole leak thing is a mess.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Yeah that whole thing seems really weird, ive yet to find anything other then people saying it was so and that was the end of it. This whole leak thing is a mess.
I just took a look at the actual leak thread and Neo Zero and vaanrose have clarified that the guy came forward to them and admitted that the DLC part was a lie so that he could tell copycats from other real leakers, and that large parts of his story were made up entirely. So that DLC list was fake, but that doesn't necessarily mean that DLC isn't eventually coming nor does it mean that Snake isn't in the game in some form.

Last edited:

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I took the list of composers on the website, and found at least one game composed for nintendo:
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO) : Xenoblade Chronicles
Masato Coda (designwave Co., Ltd.): Monster Hunter
Masashi Hamauzu: Front Mission Series: Gun Hazard,Sigma Harmonics
Kenji Ito: Romancing SaGa series,Puzzle & Dragons
Noriyuki Iwadare: Grandia(GBC),Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Shota Kageyama: He did pokemon games
Yuzo Koshiro (Ancient-corp.): Etrian Odyssey
Yasunori Mitsuda: CHRONO TRIGGER,Inazuma Eleven
Michiko Naruke (Naru2 Co., Ltd.): Nora to Toki no Kōbō: Kiri no Mori no Majo
Keiichi Okabe (MONACA): TEKKEN series(Tekken Tag 2 was on wii u, plus the tekken team is working on smash.),Taiko no Tatsujin
Hideki Sakamoto: TIME TRAVELERS
Motoi Sakuraba: Tales of series
Tetsuya Shibata: Monster Hunter Tri,(close with capcom)
Yoko Shimomura: Mario & Luigi RPG series
Yusuke Takahama: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Hirokazu Tanaka: Metroid, Dr.Mario
Kumi Tanioka : FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES,
Nobuko Toda(SNAAKE!): Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Shohei Tsuchiya (TAITO / ZUNTATA): I can't find many of his projects, the ones I find are not in nintendo. He has done some games with sega, so that's the reason why?His game with sega was:Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (PS2)

The rest are from Nintendo and Namco Bandai, Many of the namco compossers have done games in a series that has apperead on
nintendo platforms.

The only other person I can not find any NAMCO or Nintendo projects is Shohei Tsuchiya. I did find that he did one sega game, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, which was on the ps2. There isn't really much I could find on Shohei Tsuchiya. I guess he is a good composer.

There could be two reasons why Nobuko Toda is composing for this Smash Bros:
1. Snake is back, so she is remixing music and her preivous remixes are being used
2. Sakurai liked her work in brawl and in general, so he brought her back.
I hope it's the first reason.

Last edited:

MathewRYF

Smash Cadet
NNID
MathewRYF
I took the list of composers on the website, and found at least one game composed for nintendo:
ACE (TOMOri Kudo / CHiCO) : Xenoblade Chronicles
Masato Coda (designwave Co., Ltd.): Monster Hunter
Masashi Hamauzu: Front Mission Series: Gun Hazard,Sigma Harmonics
Kenji Ito: Romancing SaGa series,Puzzle & Dragons
Noriyuki Iwadare: Grandia(GBC),Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney - Dual Destinies
Shota Kageyama: He did pokemon games
Yuzo Koshiro (Ancient-corp.): Etrian Odyssey
Yasunori Mitsuda: CHRONO TRIGGER,Inazuma Eleven
Michiko Naruke (Naru2 Co., Ltd.): Nora to Toki no Kōbō: Kiri no Mori no Majo
Keiichi Okabe (MONACA): TEKKEN series(Tekken Tag 2 was on wii u, plus the tekken team is working on smash.),Taiko no Tatsujin
Hideki Sakamoto: TIME TRAVELERS
Motoi Sakuraba: Tales of series
Tetsuya Shibata: Monster Hunter Tri,(close with capcom)
Yoko Shimomura: Mario & Luigi RPG series
Yusuke Takahama: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games
Hirokazu Tanaka: Metroid, Dr.Mario
Kumi Tanioka : FINAL FANTASY CRYSTAL CHRONICLES,
Nobuko Toda(SNAAKE!): Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Shohei Tsuchiya (TAITO / ZUNTATA): I can't find many of his projects, the ones I find are not in nintendo. He has done some games with sega, so that's the reason why?His game with sega was:Tenchu: Fatal Shadows (PS2)

The rest are from Nintendo and Namco Bandai, Many of the namco compossers have done games in a series that has apperead on
nintendo platforms.

The only other person I can not find any NAMCO or Nintendo projects is Shohei Tsuchiya. I did find that he did one sega game, Tenchu: Fatal Shadows, which was on the ps2. There isn't really much I could find on Shohei Tsuchiya. I guess he is a good composer.

There could be two reasons why Nobuko Toda is composing for this Smash Bros:
1. Snake is back, so she is remixing music and her preivous remixes are being used
2. Sakurai liked her work in brawl and in general, so he brought her back.
I hope it's the first reason.
We all hope it's the first reason. Snake is the second most discussed veteran thus far, so that's gotta mean something.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
The leak and the composers are confusing.

Sakurai should disconfirm the leak on Monday.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
The boxart leak and roster leak seem to disconfirm Snake, but the composer reveal adds a layer of confusion to it, simply because she specifically mentions MGS4 in this totally not Sony game.
isnt that just a promo box or voucher for buying the game? Those are usually placeholder as it is. It's still missing the earthbound (ape) credits and with no monolith soft that would count out shulk as well, they are first party now but the dev companies still get recognition in those cases.

Secrecy is built into everything about this game, they have to have a time table that shows what information they have released and when the next ones will happen. New promos will also appear throughout the games release too, god knows how many hyrule warrior ones we've had recently.

It's just too hard to say right now with so much still unknown to us.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
isnt that just a promo box or voucher for buying the game? Those are usually placeholder as it is. It's still missing the earthbound (ape) credits and with no monolith soft that would count out shulk as well, they are first party now but the dev companies still get recognition in those cases.

Secrecy is built into everything about this game, they have to have a time table that shows what information they have released and when the next ones will happen. New promos will also appear throughout the games release too, god knows how many hyrule warrior ones we've had recently.

It's just too hard to say right now with so much still unknown to us.
Looks we'll be kept waiting, again. I'm still trying to find as much info as I can on the leak, so hopefully we can get some clarification soon.

Deathlightning21

Smash Lord
NNID
Deathlightning21
3DS FC
1779-0225-2026
If they remove Wolf than my friend will be mainless. It's cuts like these that leave smashers without mains, hungry and alone on the streets.
Please, would you just give 4$ to feed the Mainless Smashers of the world? Just a simple 4$ will put them in a shelter and give them a nice warm plate of food for them to eat.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
If they remove Wolf than my friend will be mainless. It's cuts like these that leave smashers without mains, hungry and alone on the streets.
But hey, at least :4fox: is in :troll:

My brother, little as he plays Smash, is also at risk of losing a main. I imagine him flocking over to :4littlemac: or :4robinm: though.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
We all will lose if these veterans are cut, my cousin already doesnt want to buy the 3ds version just based on wolf's possible absence.

I would be mad if snake was excluded, but id be lying if i said it was gonna stop me from purchasing the game.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
We all will lose if these veterans are cut, my cousin already doesnt want to buy the 3ds version just based on wolf's possible absence.

I would be mad if snake was excluded, but id be lying if i said it was gonna stop me from purchasing the game.
Yeah my purchase is still intact regardless of Snake's Inclusion.
But with thtat said my hype surrounding the game won't be anywhere near the levels it could have been.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815

That's honestly the stupidest reason ever to not get the game. I'd be mad if :snake: was absent, but newcomers like :4lucina:, :4greninja: and the veterans like :4samus: still get me into it.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
That's honestly the stupidest reason ever to not get the game.
I think so as well, but we know there will be people who react that way. Which is why losing characters in between games can ultimately hurt the player base if they have an attachment to that special character only to have to forget about them for the future. Adjusting to the change is possible, but there will be those that hate the idea none the less.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

I didn't think Wolf was this popular. Regardless if Solid - San in it or not im buying it. Kinda have to already payed for it.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Losing characters in between games can ultimately hurt the player base if they have an attachment to that special character only to have to forget about them for the future.
Just...hurt the player base?

More like DESTROY AND UTTERLY DIVIDE the player base.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario

Same man, I bought a wii u for this game, and have been saving up for smash for a long time, so I will still buy it anyway. I just will be very sad though, looking at the roster, and not seeing snake stare back at me.

I also have to choose my secondary platform, xbox one,ps4, or pc.
Xbox is getting halo,sunset, and tomb raider, ps is getting PT and bloodborne, pc has steam sales and all 3 have MGS5. It's so hard to choose..

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Same man, I bought a wii u for this game, and have been saving up for smash for a long time, so I will still buy it anyway. I just will be very sad though, looking at the roster, and not seeing snake stare back at me.

I also have to choose my secondary platform, xbox one,ps4, or pc.
Xbox is getting halo,sunset, and tomb raider, ps is getting PT and bloodborne, pc has steam sales and all 3 have MGS5. It's so hard to choose..
I've done chosen a Secondary Platform. PS4 I had to because Nintendo wasn't making an effort on getting Third Party Support.

New Topic. MGS5 is the last Metal Gear Game.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah more then anything i know that would be the worst possible outcome. E3 angered me enough with the mere thought of it, but as of now im a little more prepared for it. Ill be angry no doubt but a little more under control with the knowledge and preparation mentally for that if it did happen, it wouldnt be the first time smash bro's roster choices disappointed me.

One thing though, even if he isnt in this game, we can always take solace in the fact that snake was in brawl. And thats something they can never take away from us, no detractor can ever reverse what snake did for smash bros or what he brought with him no matter how they try. They can say he was never important to nintendo, or that he never fit in, but brawl will always be a brick to the face of that argument because its the purest form of the fact that he was perfect for it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Yeah more then anything i know that would be the worst possible outcome. E3 angered me enough with the mere thought of it, but as of now im a little more prepared for it. Ill be angry no doubt but a little more under control with the knowledge and preparation mentally for that if it did happen, it wouldnt be the first time smash bro's roster choices disappointed me.

One thing though, even if he isnt in this game, we can always take solace in the fact that snake was in brawl. And thats something they can never take away from us, no detractor can ever reverse what snake did for smash bros or what he brought with him no matter how they try. They can say he was never important to nintendo, or that he never fit in, but brawl will always be a brick to the face of that argument because its the purest form of the fact that he was perfect for it.
Yes that is true. I'm very thankful that brawl got me into the series. It's such a fun game series with a great story. I want to create stories, I've been trying to come up with some on my own, MGS inspires me to keep going with that. I love all the nintendo franchises, but I've come to appreciate games from other platforms like Halo and Half-Life(both are Awesome.)
I am disappointed if the cuts that leak says are true. They cut 6 unique characters(I consider Lucas to be unique as well.), while Brawl only cut clones with exception of Mewtwo. It makes me sad to see that they would choose Dr.Mario,Dark Pit,and Toon Link over 6 good characters.

I've done chosen a Secondary Platform. PS4 I had to because Nintendo wasn't making an effort on getting Third Party Support.

New Topic. MGS5 is the last Metal Gear Game.
Yeah that's the same reason I want a secondary platform. Considering that the next Call of Duty is officially confirmed to be skipping Wii U, it's safe to say 3rd party support on Wii U is officially dead.(Minus the nintendo published exclusives of course.)

I think we will get more Metal Gear Games after this, like MG1&2 remake and Metal Gear Rising 2.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yeah that's the same reason I want a secondary platform. Considering that the next Call of Duty is officially confirmed to be skipping Wii U, it's safe to say 3rd party support on Wii U is officially dead.(Minus the nintendo published exclusives of course.)

I think we will get more Metal Gear Games after this, like MG1&2 remake and Metal Gear Rising 2.
Ubisoft still supporting. But After MGS5 the whole story will be complete. There's nothing really left to tell.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ubisoft still supporting. But After MGS5 the whole story will be complete. There's nothing really left to tell.
Ubisoft? Barely. They are only going to bring just dance and watch dogs and thats it. No more AAA from them. I hardly consider that support to be honest.
I think after that they would remake the first two, MG2 doesn't need it, but MG1 could use it. I have not played rising yet, so I don't know if sequel to it is possible. Though I read online that kojima said he is open to platinum doing MG Rising 2

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Guys, Konami is going to keep making Metal Gear games with or without Kojima. It's their biggest franchise.
That's simultaneously a bad and good thing.

If you don't get why, look at SpongeBob before the movie and look at it after the movie. It's a perfect analogy.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I do worry about konami, their booth was huge at e3, but it was all empty space save for mgs and their soccer game. With all the franchises they have under their belt, they are in a very sad state. And im willing to bet metal gear is all thats holding them up, its possibly why they put out the HD collection and split ground zeroes from phantom pain. By doing so they can at least hold on to sales for their fiscal year, SE isnt in much better standings either but thats why they are pimping out all their ff titles to everything even IOS for some high prices.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I do worry about konami, their booth was huge at e3, but it was all empty space save for mgs and their soccer game. With all the franchises they have under their belt, they are in a very sad state. And im willing to bet metal gear is all thats holding them up, its possibly why they put out the HD collection and split ground zeroes from phantom pain. By doing so they can at least hold on to sales for their fiscal year, SE isnt in much better standings either but thats why they are pimping out all their ff titles to everything even IOS for some high prices.
Let me correct you on that Metal Gear is the only thing holding them up! Castlevaina brings in a few dollars from time to time!
Same thing goes for SEGA Sonic is the only thing holding them up!

Top Bottom