• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Thebluecomet

Traveling the universe
Moving on I would like to know why you guys refer to MGS3D as an exclusive, that game is literally a portable version of MGS3 from my perspective it does not even look that radically different like twin snakes compared to mgs1,what can I do in that game that I can't in the PS2 version.

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice
I wouldn't consider MGS3D an exclusive, since (as far as I know) the only difference is the photo camo, yoshis, the codec call about Yoshi, and different effects that were added for the 3D. Calling it an exclusive is like calling the new Last of Us remake a PS4 exclusive because it had photo mode.

Crouch Walking? Is that in it?
Yes, the best thing (imo) to ever be added to the Metal Gear series is in it. Seriously, when I first played MGS4, and found out about crouch walking, it was one of my happiest moments in a Metal Gear game. I don't think the graphics were improved (it looks the same compared to the PS2 version), but I could be wrong.

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Even if I take that into account the Mega man franchise still has more exclusives than snake ,the Zero series would be one example how about you do research before pulling facts out of your ***.
This post brings up an interesting question.

Did you include common sense and politeness in that research?

No? Ok, moving on. Let's not derail.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Moving on I would like to know why you guys refer to MGS3D as an exclusive, that game is literally a portable version of MGS3 from my perspective it does not even look that radically different like twin snakes compared to mgs1,what can I do in that game that I can't in the PS2 version.
Here's a quick comparison

They also added in Crouch Walking, Yoshi Camo, Photo Camo and Gyro Controls.
Look are you here to support Snake or not?

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
This topic was once a happy peaceful place...until one day, Hideo Kojima made a comment on Snake in Smash Bros. This vague comment soon had control of the forum and even the moderators. The topic has become a center of straw grasping and hatred where no one is safe.

Amid this turmoil, a group of determined Snake supporters has sworn to clean up the topic. Among them are Ekans647, leprechaunlink727 and billys_dad
. They are willing to risk anything...even their accounts...on the...

Streets of Rage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bf-EGuMfag

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
This topic was once a happy peaceful place...until one day, Hideo Kojima made a comment on Snake in Smash Bros. This vague comment soon had control of the forum and even the moderators. The topic has become a center of straw grasping and hatred where no one is safe.

Amid this turmoil, a group of determined Snake supporters has sworn to clean up the topic. Among them are Ekans647, leprechaunlink727 and billys_dad
. They are willing to risk anything...even their accounts...on the...

Streets of Rage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bf-EGuMfag
How are they risking their accounts?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I never thought mgs3d was an exclusive, but it's still a metal gear game.
I'm pretty sure we'll get a metal gear game on wii u this gen, maybe a remake(mgs4 with phantom pain features, peace walker in fox engine),maybe a collection, maybe mgs5, or maybe a non-canon game.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I never thought mgs3d was an exclusive, but it's still a metal gear game.
I'm pretty sure we'll get a metal gear game on wii u this gen, maybe a remake(mgs4 with phantom pain features, peace walker in fox engine),maybe a collection, maybe mgs5, or maybe a non-canon game.
Does an exclusive have to be it's own game or could just be a tricked up remake like MGS3D? In which case there is the Metal Gear game on the game boy color.
MGS 4 on Wii U would be fantastic. You don't even know, I would but that sh*t so fast. I'm also up for any remakes to 3DS of the AC!D games.

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
even if the games aren't too good, Konami should port their arcade spinoffs to wiiU in a neat bundle (i'm talking about Silent hill Arcade, Castlevania Arcade and metal gear arcade) could also be ported to ps3/4 but not everyone there have psmove.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I would if you guys actually used factual information when discussing certain characters. I mean aren't you the guy who claimed mega man had not released a game since the 2000's how is that not ignorant of Mega man's history. Now as for being polite I would be if I was treated in the same manner so far that has not been the case. Hell there was this childish poster calling for my banning a couple pages ago.
Okay, I'm trying to be polite with you. Also, we're Snake fans, so we won't know every detail about Mega Man, nor will you about Snake. In fact, I haven't even heard of Mega Man until SSB4. As for people being impolite to you, could you quote that post? This is pretty much the only place left where people can support Snake without being bashed.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Okay, I'm trying to be polite with you. Also, were Snake fans, so we won't know every detail about Mega Man, nor will you about Snake. In fact, I haven't even heard of Mega Man until SSB4. As for people being impolite to you, could you quote that post? This is pretty much the only place left where people can support Snake without being bashed.
I have never played a Mega Man game save for one I have on my phone that's incredibly difficult because touch screen is just a b**** to begin with.
This is pretty much the only place left where people can support Snake without being bashed.
*opens mouth with good point*
*closes mouth after realizing I don't have one*
The saddest thing is that it's true.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Im all for bringing back the mood and love we once had here. We need a bit of light hearted ness anyway at this point.

It's a sheep. On a fulton recovery.
Kojima has officially lost all of his bolts. It is clear he is a madman and no can stop him. For a while I actually had this in my signature.
On another note, box hijinks.

(source: http://oktotally.tumblr.com/post/5658273343/huh-just-a-box)
Fun Fact: Did you know that user @ HylianHeroBigBoss HylianHeroBigBoss is one of the reasons why I joined smashboards.
Cool, I just sort of stumbled over here and was like "wtf?" for two or three years before finally joining.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Guys I found it!

He's actually saluting correctly here! Good job BB!
Wait...
BB...

Are you saluting with your left hand?!
Jesus *** AJKOHIOND.
*starts foaming at mouth*
I give up.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Guys I found it!

He's actually saluting correctly here! Good job BB!
Wait...
BB...

Are you saluting with your left hand?!
Jesus *** AJKOHIOND.
*starts foaming at mouth*
I give up.
No need to worry he is doing it right, that image is flipped, the eyepatch on the wrong side is a dead giveaway. (unless i missed the sarcasm lol)

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
No need to worry he is doing it right, that image is flipped, the eyepatch on the wrong side is a dead giveaway. (unless i missed the sarcasm lol)
You did. When I first saw the picture I fell for it but than I saw the eyepatch and decided to make a joke out of it. I don't know why anyone decided to flip the picture but it almost made me have aneurysm before I caught myself. BB's inability to correctly salute is sort of an endearing quirk.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
Whoa, there is a lot of **** being thrown around in this thread. I just wanna say that I am a supporter and would absolutely love for Snake to return in this game. He's definitely the veteran I want to return the most, and probably just my second character overall I want the most in the game.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
You know, getting closer to release with all these leaks and such, I'm happy to see interest in Snake. Even on gamefaqs people are talking about him constantly. However, after looking at numerous polls, people just hate him. Not because of his moveset, his character, not even his history with Nintendo, but rather his history with Sony. It's really saddening. I just want to say, I'm staying optimistic here, but I think the facts are slowly piling higher and higher. I wish we had a much larger fanbase like Ridley currently has today. Anyways, I'm convinced Snake will not be in the game I guess there's always DLC...

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
You know, getting closer to release with all these leaks and such, I'm happy to see interest in Snake. Even on gamefaqs people are talking about him constantly. However, after looking at numerous polls, people just hate him. Not because of his moveset, his character, not even his history with Nintendo, but rather his history with Sony. It's really saddening. I just want to say, I'm staying optimistic here, but I think the facts are slowly piling higher and higher. I wish we had a much larger fanbase like Ridley currently has today. Anyways, I'm convinced Snake will not be in the game I guess there's always DLC...
Because console war crap is such a big deal, right?

Comparing Snake to Ridley is kinda pointless. Ridley's been wanted since Melee.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I feel the same way too, but I'm going to stick with being optimistic here.
I don't really see Sakurai wouldn't put in... but I also kind of do.
It's really confusing.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I'm not expecting him because defaulting to pessimism is grand, but other than him not being announced so close to release there isn't much to suggest he is cut.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think we should compile a list of all the things snake has got going for him and what he does not.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Yeah! I noticed his fanbase has grown as well. Snake is a Veteran were not going to have this big of a Fanbase because Snake's a Veteran Snake has Triple amount as pages as Sonic did.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I think we should compile a list of all the things snake has got going for him and what he does not.
I'll start.
You guys can just copy and past this from my post and add stuff to it if you want. I want to make one big list to post later.
For Him:
- Katty really likes Snake and desperately want him back.
- The legality of his return is at best at a myth, Konami's relationship with Nintendo is fine.
- Snake is Konami's most popular character.
- He has a lot of good games on Nintendo Consoles.
- Snake is a great, unique character with a large fanbase.
- Him being dropped out means Metal Gear completely disappears from the game, which is unheard of smash history.
Against him:
- Sakurai might have said he isn't in (questionable).
- Kojima said they haven't approached him about his return.
- Some people don't like him.

I can't really think about much against him because I am one biased little f*** but I'm sure you guys have some more to add.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
I hate to get yelled at in a forums page (if that's even a thing) but i don't see snake coming back to smash bros he just doesn't fit with pacman (who is always smiling) and megaman and sonic they are all happy colorful characters and we have 2 3 other 3rd party characters. I just don't see it happening he's just to serious.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I hate to get yelled at in a forums page (if that's even a thing) but i don't see snake coming back to smash bros he just doesn't fit with pacman (who is always smiling) and megaman and sonic they are all happy colorful characters and we have 2 3 other 3rd party characters. I just don't see it happening he's just to serious.
I don't see how serious or realistic a character looks as a reason against them returning - Captain Falcon, Samus, and the Fire Emblem cast look like fairly normal humans, yet they're in the game along cartoonishly-proportioned characters like Mario, or fantasy-inspired characters like Link.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Your opinion is already welcome! I see you're also pretty new (And another Zelda main! Squee!) so welcome, if you'll let me be the first.
I've actually added your point to the Snake debate list I'm formatting.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
Your opinion is already welcome! I see you're also pretty new (And another Zelda main! Squee!) so welcome, if you'll let me be the first.
I've actually added your point to the Snake debate list I'm formatting.
thanks for adding me and yea i used to be that guy that looks at posts but doesn't apply himself so i decided i should start getting apart of the community. And although i do love zelda characters i usually play as random because i like trying out all the characters even if i'm playing melee or 64.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Seems the Hayters have come out of the woodworks while I was gone, that's nice.

While I continually become more pessimistic about the roster, I still have a glimmer of hope for Snake and K. Rool.

I refuse to let go of that hope until the bitter end.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
I don't see how serious or realistic a character looks as a reason against them returning - Captain Falcon, Samus, and the Fire Emblem cast look like fairly normal humans, yet they're in the game along cartoonishly-proportioned characters like Mario, or fantasy-inspired characters like Link.
It's not just his seriousness its well everything he uses guns explosives, he is very human Captain Falcon, and Samus are still super human or have unrealistic weapons. I'm not saying i don't like him but i just don't see it happening.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
It depends if sakurai wants him back and if nintendo lets him add snake. You thinking he does not fit has no affect on his chances whatsoever. Just pointing that out to anyone using the "I don't think he fits" argument as the reason they think he is cut.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It depends if sakurai wants him back and if nintendo lets him add snake. You thinking he does not fit has no affect on his chances whatsoever. Just pointing that out to anyone using the "I don't think he fits" argument as the reason they think he is cut.
I mean they let him in once, it's not like the damage isn't already done.

pikadrewuniverse

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4270-1564-7855
I mean they let him in once, it's not like the damage isn't already done.
I agree but sakurai has been known to surprise people with characters people didn't expect. He might've not added Chrom just to spite gematsu and the leak he is very unpredictable and i gave a simialaer post about R O B

Top Bottom