• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Rage83

Smash Ace
So long as Snake remains the explosive happy person he can be, that is good enough for me. With the 3DS remake of Metal Gear Solid 3, I was thinking it was a sign that Konami would be making more exclusives or games which could be put on the WiiU. Although, I guess it was to only be a one time thing. Either way, I think Nintendo would have to secure permission/rights to using that character again. I wonder what the agreement was in brawl.
Nintendo initially turned down Kojima for Snake to be in Brawl. Kojima then personally asked Sakurai to put him in, then Sakurai convinced Nintendo to allow it given Brawl's heavily toned down presentaion of Metal Gear Solid.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I noticed in the Social thread that apparently Smash 4 has an E10 rating: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/super-smash-bros/114504

I don't think it hurts Snake's chances... but what do you guys think?
It's rated E10 honestly I'm surprised this ls the one Smash game I though would definitely get T.
But this has absolutely nothing to do with Snake.
He wasn't even the one who made Brawl have a T rating in the first place.

Rage83

Smash Ace
It's rated E10 honestly I'm surprised this ls the one Smash game I though would definitely get T.
But this has absolutely nothing to do with Snake.
He wasn't even the one who made Brawl have a T rating in the first place.
Who made Brawl have a T rating?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
\
I noticed in the Social thread that apparently Smash 4 has an E10 rating: http://www.gamestop.com/wii-u/games/super-smash-bros/114504

I don't think it hurts Snake's chances... but what do you guys think?
the box still has RP though, so this is confirmed?

It won't hurt his chances though.

Metal Gear Solid Ghost Babel had a E rating, and snake smoked in the intro and offered campbell a drink.
There are a lot mature themes in that game. I'm surprised it got an E rating.

Melee had a T rating and snake was not in that one.

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The story goes that because of Wario's "crude humor" the games rating was teen.
But again that's just a rumor as Melee was rated T and Wario wasn't in that.

Rage83

Smash Ace
The story goes that because of Wario's "crude humor" the games rating was teen.
But again that's just a rumor as Melee was rated T and Wario wasn't in that.
The fart attack? Those have been in games rated E, yet Brawl gets bumped up to T for it?

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
The fart attack? Those have been in games rated E, yet Brawl gets bumped up to T for it?
Again just a rumor but some games have been bumped from E to E10 because of crude humor before.
This has no bearing on Snake though if he's in he's in he's not gonna change the rating if he is in.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Another interesting fact is that konami supports the 3ds more than the vita. They've only given the vita 2 games.
Not that much bad blood between nintendo and konami.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
GameXplain has always been against snake returning...they are people (thus, dumb), so I wouldn't take anything they say as fact.

They just speculate, like us, but on a higher level because they make youtube videos showcasing their weird *** voices.
What have they said about Snake?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
You just want to play as a shirtless Big Boss. lol
Damn straight.
I didn't know you were a girl @ Katty Shepherd Katty Shepherd
I thought my name would give it away as NonSpecificGuy pointed out but it's in my profile, female.
Hey I'm not sure if anybody has mentioned it yet, what would Snakes customizable moves be? I only have one Metal gear game under my belt so I want to see what y'all can come up with

Perhaps he could get Stun grenades or Smoke grenades.
Maybe a claymore in place of C4 or Stinger missile in place of the Nikita.
I think stun and smoke grenades would make sense, but the smoke for the grenade would have to be a pretty big cloud to be truly effective. Whatever it is though it should fit in with Snake's stage control style.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
Solid doesn't even get to star in Metal Gear Solid V, so Nintendo should do what they're doing for Mega Man and Pac-Man and treat him better than his own company is (Yeah, I'm aware that MGSV is a prequel)

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Solid doesn't even get to star in Metal Gear Solid V, so Nintendo should do what they're doing for Mega Man and Pac-Man and treat him better than his own company is (Yeah, I'm aware that MGSV is a prequel)
For the most part Snake's character is done, Kojima pretty much killed him off in MGS4. Big Boss's arc is wrapping up, which is MGS5.
Don't quote me on this though but Kojima mentioned "not being done with Snake yet" what that means is up to you.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Well it doesn't rule out the possibility that we will see Solid Snake. We might see him joining FOXHOUND. Solid Snake hasn't been in the Spotlight since Brawl and MGS4.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Well it doesn't rule out the possibility that we will see Solid Snake. We might see him joining FOXHOUND. Solid Snake hasn't been in the Spotlight since Brawl and MGS4.
He hasn't been in any games since MGS4. There's a lot of theories that we'll be seeing Solid and Liquid Snake, some even saying that Eli is Liquid (blond, no shirt, Eli is David's brother in the bible...)

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
For the most part Snake's character is done, Kojima pretty much killed him off in MGS4. Big Boss's arc is wrapping up, which is MGS5.
Don't quote me on this though but Kojima mentioned "not being done with Snake yet" what that means is up to you.
Kojima stated
"Solid Snake's storyline has ended with MGS4. But there's still a lot more when it comes to Naked Snake's storyline." at Tokyo Game Show 2009.
He hasn't been in any games since MGS4. There's a lot of theories that we'll be seeing Solid and Liquid Snake, some even saying that Eli is Liquid (blond, no shirt, Eli is David's brother in the bible...)
I do believe Eli is Liquid. What's Liquid doing in Afghanistan thoe?

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
not to mention on the back of eli's shirt or whatever it says in Japanese "Liquid Man"

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Kojima stated
"Solid Snake's storyline has ended with MGS4. But there's still a lot more when it comes to Naked Snake's storyline." at Tokyo Game Show 2009.

I do believe Eli is Liquid. What's Liquid doing in Afghanistan thoe?
Ah, that makes sense.
It's commonly believed that Liquid spent some time in the mid-east during his teenage years, which is about the age he'd be now.
not to mention on the back of eli's shirt or whatever it says in Japanese "Liquid Man"
That too.

GunGunW

Smash Lord
NNID
GunGunW
I guess they could always make a prequel to IV, or find some crazy way for him to stay alive... or reboot the whole series.

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
GameXplain has always been against snake returning...they are people (thus, dumb), so I wouldn't take anything they say as fact.

They just speculate, like us, but on a higher level because they make youtube videos showcasing their weird *** voices.
Weird*** voice guy here.

For the record, there's a difference between "being against Snake returning" and not thinking he will return. The former is patently false; the latter is something we have stated.

Last edited:

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Weird*** voice guy here.

For the record, there's a difference between "being against Snake returning" and not thinking he will return. The former is patently false; the latter is something we have stated.
Hi Weird *** voice guy! It's nice to meet you, I'm Katty.
There's nothing wrong with your opinions, of course not, I live in America where we are for the most allowed to state these opinions. That also means we can state our opinions.
I think Snake's going to come back, of course we're standing on two sides of a debate with each side throwing theroies at each other because in reality we have next to no facts.
If you want Snake to come back, than be optimistic and say he'll come back, there's nothing wrong with dreaming even if you think they might get crushed. If you don't... well I suppose I can't do much about it.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Weird*** voice guy here.

can I have the link to your video about snake? I can't seem to find it..

AndreGX

Smash Rookie
Hi Weird *** voice guy! It's nice to meet you, I'm Katty.
There's nothing wrong with your opinions, of course not, I live in America where we are for the most allowed to state these opinions. That also means we can state our opinions.
I think Snake's going to come back, of course we're standing on two sides of a debate with each side throwing theroies at each other because in reality we have next to no facts.
If you want Snake to come back, than be optimistic and say he'll come back, there's nothing wrong with dreaming even if you think they might get crushed. If you don't... well I suppose I can't do much about it.
I'm a little confused by this, because there's nothing there I disagree with. I was simply pointing out to the person I quoted we haven't "always been against" Snake's return, and I even speak highly of him in our Rayman discussion.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm a little confused by this, because there's nothing there I disagree with. I was simply pointing out to the person I quoted we haven't "always been against" Snake's return, and I even speak highly of him in our Rayman discussion.
Oh, okay, I took your post as negative.
I guess they could always make a prequel to IV, or find some crazy way for him to stay alive... or reboot the whole series.
I honestly wouldn't put it past Kojima or whatever writer takes over Metal Gear when Kojima leaves. Honestly, they would make it work and it would somehow make perfect sense.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Snake finds the legendary fabled fountain of youth

One thing I am worried about with a metal gear 1 and 2 remake is campbell.
Didn't they say they were not going to use him anymore?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Weird*** voice guy here.

True, and nice to see you on the smash boards Andre. I left a comment in the latest Rayman disscusion, under the name sephirothloz. It's in there somewhere but i pretty much want to see a disscusion on snake. I don't think you guys are against him, but I still don't think he should be ruled out completely yet. I agreed with you on the fact that snakes contrast to the rest of the cast worked in all the right ways.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I can't help but laugh at how well you own your fangirlness. On a more serious note, what Big Boss alt. would you like to see on Snake?
I have a chronic condition of fangirling and my trigger is Metal Gear, I have learned to embrace my illness.
Alts on Snake?
Other than shirtless Snake... hmmm.
I want Old Snake:

White hair plus black suit. Maybe an eyepatch/ solid eye for effect.

A BB alt would also be very nice with the camo and everything.
True, and nice to see you on the smash boards Andre. I left a comment in the latest Rayman disscusion, under the name sephirothloz. It's in there somewhere but i pretty much want to see a disscusion on snake. I don't think you guys are against him, but I still don't think he should be ruled out completely yet. I agreed with you on the fact that snakes contrast to the rest of the cast worked in all the right ways.
Yep, until the game's released and Snake's in the game I will believe that he is in the game.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Hey there, glad to see you're actually positive towards Snake, though I must say that I was somewhat disappointed with your Rayman discussion, mostly with the other two as you seemed to be mostly positive towards him.

Keeping this brief so as to not send this thread off topic, but it's somewhat insulting that your general consensus on Rayman was that he wasn't playable material due to not "being on the level of the other third parties." As Rayman is the mascot of Ubisoft, and barely older than Sonic is, he's extremely close to Sonic's level, without the massive fanbase obviously, and most certainly higher than Mega Man, though not regarding Smash fan demand. You've got a lot of respect from me despite the generally bad review of Rayman in your video. So keep doing what you do best, and best regards.

For all my fellow Snake supporters, like I said earlier, I still believe that Snake is lying in wait and is in the game, but he's the first character that I'll support for DLC if he somehow doesn't make the cut. Right after my Rayman DLC campaign, anyway.
I also welcome you all to support Rayman if you'd like, brothers banding together and all. If you don't like Rayman, then just ignore this.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Hey there, glad to see you're actually positive towards Snake, though I must say that I was somewhat disappointed with your Rayman discussion, mostly with the other two as you seemed to be mostly positive towards him.

Keeping this brief so as to not send this thread off topic, but it's somewhat insulting that your general consensus on Rayman was that he wasn't playable material due to not "being on the level of the other third parties." As Rayman is the mascot of Ubisoft, and barely older than Sonic is, he's extremely close to Sonic's level, without the massive fanbase obviously, and most certainly higher than Mega Man, though not regarding Smash fan demand. You've got a lot of respect from me despite the generally bad review of Rayman in your video. So keep doing what you do best, and best regards.

For all my fellow Snake supporters, like I said earlier, I still believe that Snake is lying in wait and is in the game, but he's the first character that I'll support for DLC if he somehow doesn't make the cut. Right after my Rayman DLC campaign, anyway.
I also welcome you all to support Rayman if you'd like, brothers banding together and all. If you don't like Rayman, then just ignore this.
Hey, no problem for Rayman.
Snake is out there somewhere, just waiting for the right moment to strike. He's a very patient man.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I have a chronic condition of fangirling and my trigger is Metal Gear, I have learned to embrace my illness.
Alts on Snake?
Other than shirtless Snake... hmmm.
I want Old Snake:

White hair plus black suit. Maybe an eyepatch/ solid eye for effect.

A BB alt would also be very nice with the camo and everything.

Yep, until the game's released and Snake's in the game I will believe that he is in the game.
Sorry, I shoudl of specified. As there are different outfits Big Boss wears across his games, which ones would you want to see?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
the roster's gonna big, so he's gotta alot of people to learn about.
This is perfect!
*applauds*
Sorry, I shoudl of specified. As there are different outfits Big Boss wears across his games, which ones would you want to see?
Oh, Peace Walker is the most recent but I'm particularly attached to Snake Eater:

I like the weird glove things he's wearing. I would also like the face camo. There's a lot including:

Patriotism! Good for fourth of July.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Okay Serious Question time. If we get a Big Boss alt. Should he be voiced by Hayter or Sutherland?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Okay Serious Question time. If we get a Big Boss alt. Should he be voiced by Hayter or Sutherland?
I think it wouldn't matter, I don't think that Sakurai would bring in another voice actor for an alt. Now the real question would be if Hayter would actually voice Snake or if Sutherland would.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I think it wouldn't matter, I don't think that Sakurai would bring in another voice actor for an alt. Now the real question would be if Hayter would actually voice Snake or if Sutherland would.
male and female robin and wii fit trainer have different voices, though big boss does not need one. It would be cool though if he did get have sutherland's voice.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I dislike Sutherland's voice for Snake because he just sounds like Jack Bauer. I'd much rather they just use Hayter for both.

Top Bottom