• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I want to see a tuxedo alternate costume for Snake.
Please! Just like this:

(I know it's Big Boss but I couldn't find a good one of Snake.)
Snake is cool but I dont see him returning sadly. Him, Lucas, squirtle and ivysaur look like the only possible cuts for the game. At least it's just 4 and not more.
We'll never lose hope!

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
How would you guys feel if Big Boss replaced Solid Snake?
Much like how Toon Link essentially replaced Young Link.

Feel like it's possible.

MGS3DS was the last game on a Nintendo System and MGS5 is coming out "relatively" soon.

Maybe that could be a reason why he has not been announced yet?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand

Feel like it's possible.

MGS3DS was the last game on a Nintendo System and MGS5 is coming out "relatively" soon.

Wouldn't mind actually. MGS3 is my favorite MGS game and damn near my favorite game of all time, so Big Boss (Naked Snake) resonates with me more.

If it means we get more MGS3 content (and vocal Snake Eater), then yes please.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Wouldn't mind actually. MGS3 is my favorite MGS game and damn near my favorite game of all time, so Big Boss (Naked Snake) resonates with me more.

If it means we get more MGS3 content (and vocal Snake Eater), then yes please.
Personally I love them equally and I would be happy to see either, maybe we'll get a hybrid like in brawl.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Personally I love them equally and I would be happy to see either, maybe we'll get a hybrid like in brawl.
I still think the design we got for Snake in Brawl is the most ideal choice, actually.

I just want Snake in. Naked or Solid.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I still think the design we got for Snake in Brawl is the most ideal choice, actually.

I just want Snake in. Naked or Solid.
As long as there's a Snake I will be satisfied.
Unless they do MGS2 I don't know what they'd do. Unless they want Old Snake with his fabulous mustache.
I would not be opposed to the mustache.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Feel like it's possible.

It's likely they will keep Solid because Snake was a hybrid of both Solid and Naked. What they could do is make Big Boss an alternate costume and Snake can have all the Camouflage he had in MGS3D. And I hope they give him the Yoshi Camouflage too!

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
It's likely they will keep Solid because Snake was a hybrid of both Solid and Naked. What they could do is make Big Boss an alternate costume and Snake can have all the Camouflage he had in MGS3D. And I hope they give him the Yoshi Camouflage too!
I introduce to you the ga-ko camouflage!

I want Snake to keep the full bear and maybe make him a little gray to symbolize old age. You could take elements from all the games really, a sneaking suit like in MGS3 with an Old Snake alt (with white hair), and a suit like above with or without the yellow ducks.

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
Ah, all the possibilities for alternate costumes for snake. He for sure would good use of that feature.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
All the alts for Snake! *sigh* ^.^
The second bullet point. It's a line that appears in a lot of Metal Gear games, and also his intro quote in Brawl.
There are a lot of lines that appear a lot in Metal Gear games. Like the title. Snake has an uncanny nack of repeating things like a parrot. He must have inherited from his dad because BB does it too.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
This is my final post (I guess) on this page until we all switch over to the DLC Headquarters. So I cant believe none of you saw this one. Sheik has a "Burst Grenade" right? In Metal Gear Solid 3(D) there is a Grenade called White Phosphorus (WP) Grenade people refer to it as Burst Grenade.
Here's a Comparison

They look very different yes they do. But The two Grenade's may not have a similar design but the Grenades do have the same explosions

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
This is my final post (I guess) on this page until we all switch over to the DLC Headquarters. So I cant believe none of you saw this one. Sheik has a "Burst Grenade" right? In Metal Gear Solid 3(D) there is a Grenade called White Phosphorus (WP) Grenade people refer to it as Burst Grenade.
Here's a Comparison

They look very different yes they do. But The two Grenade's may not have a similar design but the Grenades do have the same explosions
Grenade lesson of the day! I never really figured out how to use grenades in Metal Gear, I was always like 'throw in general direction'.
I did figure out how to use the box though.

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
This situation highly depends in if they remake the original Metal Gears.

I would like to see Big Boss in this game replacing Solid...

And then for the next game bring the, BOTH back.

There can be only one Snake and one Big Boss.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

Why not Keep Solid and give him a Big Boss alt.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace

BB is getting a bigger role than Snake now, particularly with Phantom Pain but I think Snake is representative of the series being the 'main character'. I love them equally, both have made me cry and both are unnaturally obsessed with boxes, either will do as far I'm concerned.
Snake is my second after Zelda so yeah I can of do want him back.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
BB is getting a bigger role than Snake now, particularly with Phantom Pain but I think Snake is representative of the series being the 'main character'. I love them equally, both have made me cry and both are unnaturally obsessed with boxes, either will do as far I'm concerned.
Snake is my second after Zelda so yeah I can of do want him back.
I'm going to main Zelda too after Snake and Olimar

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
I'm going to main Zelda too after Snake and Olimar
Good luck! She's really fun once you get a hang of her, there's no telling what she'll be like in smash 4 (the Zelda boards are completely divided on whether her changes are positive or negative, we're tired of being low tier and are naturally nervous about it.)
I'm starting to learn Snake after playing only Zelda for four years. They're completely different and it's a long road up but I'm getting there. He has too many tricks for me to play competitively though, while with my Zelda I probably could if I ever bothered to learn how to love jump.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Good luck! She's really fun once you get a hang of her, there's no telling what she'll be like in smash 4 (the Zelda boards are completely divided on whether her changes are positive or negative, we're tired of being low tier and are naturally nervous about it.)
I'm starting to learn Snake after playing only Zelda for four years. They're completely different and it's a long road up but I'm getting there. He has too many tricks for me to play competitively though, while with my Zelda I probably could if I ever bothered to learn how to love jump.
Yeah! I can't wait until were fighting on opposite sides on the Battlefield ( On For Glory Mode)

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If you have commented in the group, you have been invited. Accept the invite so I know you're there :awesome:

For the life of me I can't figure out why the group won't just allow people to look but not touch. I don't care that you guys commented, but I don't want random peeps to come up in my group and be *****. Need to figure that out...

If you other guys want in, just let me know in here.

Katty Shepherd

Smash Ace
Yeah! I can't wait until were fighting on opposite sides on the Battlefield ( On For Glory Mode)
Challenge accepted.
I'm easily the best of my friends (which probably isn't saying much) but I doubt I would fare well against a true pro. However I'm really good at landing those lightning kicks. XD
Do you guys think they would nerf Snake for smash 4? He's basically impossible to use if you don't know what you're doing but he's a monster on the competitive scene.
If you have commented in the group, you have been invited. Accept the invite so I know you're there :awesome:

For the life of me I can't figure out why the group won't just allow people to look but not touch. I don't care that you guys commented, but I don't want random peeps to come up in my group and be ****s. Need to figure that out...

I got the invite but I have no idea how to accept it, I just sort of clicked on it and I was brought to the page but that was it. Thank you for all your hard work though! ^-^

Twin Shot

Smash Journeyman
Not saying I want one Snake in more than the other, the idea is to get both in one of the future games at the same time.

I'll join the group, also.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

For the life of me I can't figure out why the group won't just allow people to look but not touch. I don't care that you guys commented, but I don't want random peeps to come up in my group and be ****s. Need to figure that out...

Sure, I'd like to be in.

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781

ohai
Yeah, sure, I'd be ok with this :3

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748

Can I get an invite?

billys_dad

Smash Apprentice

Hell yes, this is gonna be great! Invite me please

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
When I posted, I couldn't view the thread anymore, and I got an error message. Also, I can't find the post in my recent content list.

I have an alert saying I was invited, but I can find no option to let me accept said invitation.

....what?
I changed the group to a visibility in that it can't be entered by people who aren't members. For some reason, it won't allow it to just be viewable but not allow non-members to comment. That was what the plan was, but I can't get it to work.

Anyway, I re-invited you.

Top Bottom