• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, I'll come out right now and say, for me, I'm VERY worried. Because I know how many people will bash me for supporting him in the first place. Y'know, those one guys who think everything they say is set in stone, and if all of their predictions except one is wrong, they'll rub their one correct prediction in your face and consider themselves and expert? Yeah, those guys will really rub it in. However, I feel that Snake would be revealed in a direct, not at E3. A newcomer third-party seems more fitting for E3. However, if Snake and Pac Man are both announced.... I'm going to make it up to Sakurai, I swear. If he's not in... well... I guess I've got Mega Man... ; - ;

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
^its something we can't really avoid if he's left out of this game. We know that all the scrubs and haters will appear if that is the case, and many who are either new to this thread or rarely show up will come to make sure they rub it in and tell us we were fools from the start or some crap.

That's worse case scenario, but it's an inevitability no matter how you look at it. Even without any evidence as to why he would be excluded, all his disenters will believe the reasons they made up to be the fact, which is sad.

I'm hoping for the best, but I'm prepared and aware of what the worst will bring. E3 is our ground zero, I just hope we can come out unscathed.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
TheFirstPoppyBro. He went off about reasoning behind him thinking he is a shoe-in, and believe me, his reasoning behind it was terrible.
Yeah, your reasoning against him was SO great. :rolleyes:

Like not being that recognizable, which is complete crap.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
He was against Snake?
Yep, said his chances were lower than ever, defended his argument with "He's not recognizable", argued about my unconfirmed statement with another unconfirmed statement, and then ran here to call me an embarrassment.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Just one last thing before I go.
Says the one guy who makes me feel ashamed to support snake's return
You told me a few days ago that Snake's chances were lower than ever.
How was I grasping at straws, Mr. "Krystal is in because of her Easter Egg in Brawl"?
You had some poor reasoning behind Snake being a shoe-in which embarrassed me as a snake supporter. I even brought it up in Snake's legit threat that you embarrass Snake supporters.
Hold up, let me get this straight.
So, what you're saying is he's not supportive because of something you said. Yeah sure nice logic you have there bub!
Your putting words in someone else's mouth. We all saw it, don't act like you didn't.
No, I was talking about myself in that quote. What I meant was: "Just because his chances are dangerously low doesn't mean I don't support him returning." I never said I didn't support him coming back, and if I did it was a mistake on my part
How do I offend Snake supporters? Because I think he has a chance and I disproved your precious points?
You didn't disprove anything, you didn't even fight back with good arguments, that embarrasses other snake supporters
So then how does that correlate to PoppyBro being making you "ashamed of being a Snake supporter"?
He was pretty biased because of something that Konami posted on their twitter page that he thought had merit on Smash. It makes me feel embarrassed because I understand he's highly unlikely to return, and PoppyBro had poor reasoning to support him. It would really take a miracle for Snake to return
So, thoughts?

Last edited:

Ravioko

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RaviokoTheCat
3DS FC
1263-8771-0336
Switch FC
SW-0032-6272-2452
I'm 50/50 at this point...
I want Snake to return. I can see it happening!
And at the same time it looks incredibly unlikely.
*sigh*

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Seeing the new Phantom Pain trailer only made me more worried. Why isn't MGSV coming out on Wii U again? It's coming out on PS3 and Xbox 360, uses a multi-platform engine, and a major gameplay gimmick involves using a smart phone app to display map data, something that seems not only well suited to the gamepad but probably flat out inspired by it. I've always gotten the impression from Kojima's comments that he wants to work on Nintendo consoles more and that he has ideas, but that Konami gets in his way. It probably is totally up to Sakurai whether Snake comes back, and I like to think that he wouldn't cut such a fun and unique character that he worked so hard on, but who knows.

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
Seeing the new Phantom Pain trailer only made me more worried. Why isn't MGSV coming out on Wii U again? It's coming out on PS3 and Xbox 360, uses a multi-platform engine, and a major gameplay gimmick involves using a smart phone app to display map data, something that seems not only well suited to the gamepad but probably flat out inspired by it. I've always gotten the impression from Kojima's comments that he wants to work on Nintendo consoles more and that he has ideas, but that Konami gets in his way. It probably is totally up to Sakurai whether Snake comes back, and I like to think that he wouldn't cut such a fun and unique character that he worked so hard on, but who knows.
Ahhhhhh the trailer's already outtttttealfksdj;flkjdsasdfa;lfadsj;

I already know exactly how much I want to know about The Phantom Pain and nothing more, so I'm going to avoid it. If we couldn't mention any spoilers, that'd be freaking sweet. How long was the trailer?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

I already know exactly how much I want to know about The Phantom Pain and nothing more, so I'm going to avoid it. If we couldn't mention any spoilers, that'd be freaking sweet. How long was the trailer?
The video is disappearing faster than light... but I think it was 3 or 5 minutes? It was pretty cool, but I wasn't really blown away too much since we've seen a lot of it anyway
EDIT: It's exactly 5 minutes and 38 seconds

Last edited:

Volodya

Smash Apprentice
The video is disappearing faster than light... but I think it was 3 or 5 minutes? It was pretty cool, but I wasn't really blown away too much since we've seen a lot of it anyway
EDIT: It's exactly 5 minutes and 38 seconds
Thanks bruh, I probably still won't watch though. Gotta be vigilant. The only thing I'm looking forward to is a release date.

probably gunna be late 2015 or some **** swear to god

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace

I already know exactly how much I want to know about The Phantom Pain and nothing more, so I'm going to avoid it.
I can respect that. It's a good trailer but there's no gameplay footage so you're not missing out too badly. Although if you've seen the other trailers or played Ground Zeroes, I can't say it would really spoil anything. We're still only getting the faintest sketches of the game's plot. The end of the trailer says "Coming 1984" which is the year the game takes place, but a lot of people are thinking it's a tease of the actual release date being 9/8/14, which is probably not the case, but speculation is fun!

Last edited:

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
Keep that filthy Sony character away from Smash.
I admire how much all of you are hoping for the Soldier's return, fingers crossed! That he gets replaced by Simon Belmont.
Edit: I'm joking, please don't hurt me.

Last edited:

Zelo

Smash Cadet
NNID
Kiseop
3DS FC
3394-3786-6748
I wanted to pop in and say I'm a huge supporter of Snake returning to Smash, even though all my friends believe it's pointless to hope. I will be thinking about nothing but him during the event today, and I will be practically praying to see him there.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wanted to pop in and say I'm a huge supporter of Snake returning to Smash, even though all my friends believe it's pointless to hope. I will be thinking about nothing but him during the event today, and I will be practically praying to see him there.
Thanks for your support. :)

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Today is the day where we make it or break it boys.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
So, I guess today's the day. Whatever happens, it was an honor speculating with you guys.

Let us hope the best for Snake.

Top Bottom