• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
It's been nearly a month since the Kojima interview, so maybe during that time they've got Snake in. I don't expect to see him in the direct, but I do think it's a good chance.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Well its as good a time as ever, i doubt we will get anymore smash bros directs before the release so heres hoping someone sneaks in.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
So, this Smash bros Direct will be the first character announcement since Kojima's interview... I'm SOOOOOOOOO hyped but so worried.
Don't be worried Because, obviously, Kojima is a known troll.
Lets look at the facts shall we.
"I don't know but I don't think its likely. Well, if Mr. Sakurai is watching this, please use snake."
Yeah he don't know, that's bull-crap he knows and since he knows he also knows that he can't talk about him until he's announced.
If Snake was cut then he would have flat out said no but since he said he "Didn't know" he pretty much confirmed his appearance.
But this is all my own opinion so who knows. ;)

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'd say the chances he doesn't actually know are tiny but he could have been leaving open the possibility that somebody at Konami negotiated his return without informing him (unlikely) or the possibility that Snake's inclusion might still be negotiated (unlikely). That or he could be saying he "doesn't know" as a matter of course even if he's not in.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
It's nearly showtime, come on Sakurai, bring us that sweet, sweet box.

I hope I won't be let down, I've ended up making another alteration to my Snake avi in my hype driven state.
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
These would do great for alt costume options, his classic MGS1 vest and Big Boss.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

I hope I won't be let down, I've ended up making another alteration to my Snake avi in my hype driven state.
[collapse=]
[/collapse]
These would do great for alt costume options, his classic MGS1 vest and Big Boss.
I'd personally like it if he got his MGS1 Scuba Gear. Thought the MGS1 vest would be nice.

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice

[collapse=]
[/collapse]
Awesome, gotta love MGS1 Snake. You should try doing Old Snake.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
well he was clean cut till around mgs2 (he didnt even have the mullet before then), he had some semblance of a scruffy beard in that. But brawl pretty much gave solid snake the beard naked snake had from mgs3.
That's how I want snake to look like. The Twin Snakes Look. That would fit great with the game's art style

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I Don't think Snake is Cut there just waiting for a perfect time to reveal him. Here's 3 Ways he could get Revaled
1. Smash Bros Direct
2. E3
3. A Secret Character

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
well he was clean cut till around mgs2 (he didnt even have the mullet before then), he had some semblance of a scruffy beard in that. But brawl pretty much gave solid snake the beard naked snake had from mgs3.
This is the Snake we should have had in Brawl. We should have it in SSB4.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Anyway saw this on /v/ and thought it was funny http://i.imgur.com/9nWt24C.jpg same VAs
But seriously, why is that what pops up when Konami is searched within smashbros.com? Pit IS the first character on the list, so maybe they were trying something out and forgot to delete it completely?
I know it's quite a stretch, but maybe...

I'm grasping at straws, here.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
But seriously, why is that what pops up when Konami is searched within smashbros.com? Pit IS the first character on the list, so maybe they were trying something out and forgot to delete it completely?
I know it's quite a stretch, but maybe...

I'm grasping at straws, here.
Mostly likely scenario to me is that it contained some old HTML from the Brawl Dojo when they first created it and Google happened to cache it. I'm not sure how Google search works exactly however.

I want to believe.

MSmariosonic

Smash Hero
NNID
kidtendo1996
3DS FC
3566-1932-7732
Switch FC
SW 0383 4539 4118
Crossing my fingers for a Snake reveal in the direct. He's just too bad*** to be cut. ...on the other hand..Mewtwo was bad*** too but he got cut.

However I do think Snake will be in SSB4.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I Hope He Returns Tomorrow. I Cant Figure Out Why Does People Want Pac-Man More Than Snake

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I Hope He Returns Tomorrow. I Cant Figure Out Why Does People Want Pac-Man More Than Snake
I think the general feeling is that Pac-Man is expected rather than wanted.

Some people really dislike Snake for not being "Nintendo" enough though

Last edited:

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Where's the countdown?
45 minutes till "It's Show Time"

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Ugh, my chest hurts. So much stress about Snake.

Who knows, maybe this will be my last post in this thread before It becomes part of the official snake subforum for sm4sh :laugh:

Edit: I've asked this guy like 20 times, and each time it ends with this answer or "right". Call me desperate, but i'm gonna go ahead and believe the fossil.

Edit edit: **** YOU HELIX

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I hope it happens, I want Snake in this game.
I feel like I'm losing faith though.

I want to believe.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Good direct overall, disappointed by the returning character section, (really, Yoshi?). I really disappointed having Snake not being revealed, again.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I'm pretty sure he's gone. With Sonic getting a short trailer (essentially amounting to "btw Sonic's back") I'd figured Snake would get one - when was the question. Sonic had a game discussed in his Direct so it seemed appropriate they'd segue into that there. Snake has no games known so I just assumed they'd do it at E3 up until they announced the Smash Direct. In my mind this was the time for them to go "btw Snake's back" if there ever was any. I give up tentatively.

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Good direct overall, disappointed by the returning character section, (really, Yoshi?). I really disappointed having Snake not being revealed, again.
It's nice to see Yoshi is back! We still have next month and E3. Don't give up hope (yet)!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Bad News: Sheik stole Snake's Grenades.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Bad News: Sheik stole Snake's Grenades.
yeah when i saw that my heart sank, it may just be another character with a similar move. But man oh man is this wait getting hard, id rather he just tell us now but i know he probably wont say a thing until we have the full game.

we could definitely say this is our darkest hour, and hopefully we will find something to light it

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I still think Snake has a chance
You're the last person I'd expect to say that (along with the smash nerd). I'm happy that you're saying that, but did you change your stance on Snake?

Edit: Also, you forgot to end your sentence with a period. Sorry, just had to point it out.

Last edited:

Dax

Smash Journeyman
My take is that Snake is not going to be in Snake 4.
The relationship between Konami and Nintendo are almost non-existant nowadays, and the Metal Gear solid series has nothing to do with Nintendo consoles since like twin snakes. Allowing Snake to Smash 4 means Nintendo doing a favor to Konami and I don't see them doing it again, sorry.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The relationship between Konami and Nintendo are almost non-existant nowadays, and the Metal Gear solid series has nothing to do with Nintendo consoles since like twin snakes. Allowing Snake to Smash 4 means Nintendo doing a favor to Konami and I don't see them doing it again, sorry.
It's not so much a favor between Nintendo and Konami, but more so a favor between Sakurai and Kojima. Nintendo didn't even want Snake in SSBB, but Sakurai did. That's the main reason Snake was in Brawl.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
When people just ignore why Snake got in Brawl in the first place...

He didn't get in as a favor to Konami, he got in as a favor to Kojima, who Sakurai happens to be friends with. MGS was in the exact same position back then as it is now, only a single recent game on a Nintendo console, and it was a port. Nintendo and Konami are still in the same place, there is no "relationship" with companies.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
yeah when i saw that my heart sank, it may just be another character with a similar move. But man oh man is this wait getting hard, id rather he just tell us now but i know he probably wont say a thing until we have the full game.

we could definitely say this is our darkest hour, and hopefully we will find something to light it

You've got the touch.....You've got the POWEEEEER...Yeah!! (*Gutiar Solo plays faintly into the background*)

Either way, I hope Snake stays. He's a fun and unique character. But I can understand some of the doubt. In spite of that, I found that he fits in well with Nintendo's characters. Who knows, maybe he'll be shown at E3. How sick would that be?

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You've got the touch.....You've got the POWEEEEER...Yeah!! (*Gutiar Solo plays faintly into the background*)

Either way, I hope Snake stays. He's a fun and unique character. But I can understand some of the doubt. In spite of that, I found that he fits in well with Nintendo's characters. Who knows, maybe he'll be shown at E3. How sick would that be?
That's our biggest hope right now.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
Going by your guys current logic, Link shouldn't have been in brawl because snake now has his down special.

Calm down and stop burning strawmen. Snake will either be one of the last revealed, or a seceret hidden character. As is fitting for a person such as himself...

Last edited:

Dax

Smash Journeyman
When people just ignore why Snake got in Brawl in the first place...

He didn't get in as a favor to Konami, he got in as a favor to Kojima, who Sakurai happens to be friends with. MGS was in the exact same position back then as it is now, only a single recent game on a Nintendo console, and it was a port. Nintendo and Konami are still in the same place, there is no "relationship" with companies.
I don't ignore anything, I even remember that it was actually Kojima's son that asked his father. So he approached Sakurai.
Now, do you really think that for such a thing Nintendo and Konami didn't have discussions about it? You think Nintendo did it for free like that? :/

Anyway, I hope to be wrong of course but I'm warning you. I stand by my take, it was a just-once thing that they did.
(btw, Metal Gear is also on GBC and NES)

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Going by your guys current logic, Link shouldn't have been in brawl because snake now has his down special.

Calm down and stop burning strawmen. Snake will either be one of the last revealed, or a seceret hidden character. As is fitting for a person such as himself...
Being hidden would be somewhat odd given that he's a third party and third parties (at least Sonic and Mega Man) figure into the promotion and hype, especially given how he and Sonic were unlockable but known in Brawl. I don't want to get my hopes up.

"Kept you waiting, huh?" during a release trailer would be gg though.

Top Bottom