• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
You people are giving up hope way too early...

He'll be revealed in a direct if anything.

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
You people are giving up hope way too early...

He'll be revealed in a direct if anything.
This battle isn't over yet, war has changed... But this is far from over. I won't give up hope until we either see the full roster and he's absent, or if we have a release date with no directs that can happen before then.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
This battle isn't over yet, war has changed... But this is far from over. I won't give up hope until we either see the full roster and he's absent, or if we have a release date with no directs that can happen before then.
Even then, @ Scoliosis Jones Scoliosis Jones has decided that we'll organize a "bring back snake" group if he doesn't appear in sm4sh. He's waiting until snake is officially deconfirmed, but you should check it out in the slim case that it happens.
I say slim because i'm being maximum optimistic right now.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Oh yes, I'm completely for creating a movement to bring him back.

I'm going to create a thread when we find out his fate. If we get enough support for it, I'm sure something will come of it.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
So some old thread on GameFAQs tells me that 2 years ago Sakurai linked to somebody's Japanese fan poll on his twitter where Snake was voted the 12th most popular Brawl character ahead of Sonic. Can we use the tenuous acknowledgement as a beacon of hope in these dark days of the northmen Snake-not-being-confirmed-yet.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The way I see it Snake only has three chances left, the April Nintendo Direct, E3 and a currently hypothetical ND in August before the release.

I wonder what cut of the games profits third party companies get. Would it be a pie that Konami wants to miss out on?

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
What are you talking about? Today's pic of the day was the last chance, and all we got was a pic of Diddy Kong.
I still don't see why they'd use Snake to advertise for a game that only comes out on rival consoles. If anything, they'd do their best to show Snake in the drought between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain where MGSV talk is on a lower key.

I'm not surprised at all we didn't see him for Ground Zeroes, I expected them to skip showing Snake in March. This was hardly his last chance.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
There is still plenty of time for him to show up. E3 wouldn't be surprising honestly. But I can't say I'm surprised he hasn't been shown yet.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I still don't see why they'd use Snake to advertise for a game that only comes out on rival consoles. If anything, they'd do their best to show Snake in the drought between Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain where MGSV talk is on a lower key.

I'm not surprised at all we didn't see him for Ground Zeroes, I expected them to skip showing Snake in March. This was hardly his last chance.
Sorry, I should correct myself. That was Snake's last chance for now. But where did all this pessimisim come from?

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Sorry, I should correct myself. That was Snake's last chance for now. But where did all this pessimisim come from?
In that case, yeah it's going to be quite a while until we'll see him. And if you're refering to me in terms of pessimism I didn't mean for it sound negative in the slightest, I'm pretty optimistic about Snake.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I posted this in the OCDT. Thought I would share it.

Alright guys prepare to judge me a little bit. Or maybe not.

Based on the recent quote by Mr. Hideo Kojima, I have prepared myself for the possible conclusion that Snake is gone. It is not something that I am looking forward to, but can understand why he would be removed.

That said, I am formulating something that some may believe I am crazy for. In the event that Solid Snake is not playable in Smash 4, I will be creating a thread in this section of the boards for support to bring him back to Smash. I'm serious.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, because I'm not wasting my time typing things up in the event that he isn't getting the boot. But at some point in the next six months, we may very well know of his fate...and I will be calling upon all who support my cause to help out.

I'm not sure how I'll do it, but where there's a will there is a way. I'm not willing to wait 6 years for Snake to come back, because I can see him becoming the next Mewtwo. At this point in the industry, there is simply no reason to not consider Downloadable content as an option to satisfy fans.

In short, depending on future events, I plan to start a campaign to bring Snake back to Smash. I will create petitions, a fan page..whatever it takes. I hope I have support in Smashboards, and other sites, because it will probably need all the help it can get.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Don't worry I wasn't referring to you, just the last few pages in general. However that seems to have past. I think we're going to be okay.

Based on the recent quote by Mr. Hideo Kojima, I have prepared myself for the possible conclusion that Snake is gone. It is not something that I am looking forward to, but can understand why he would be removed.

That said, I am formulating something that some may believe I am crazy for. In the event that Solid Snake is not playable in Smash 4, I will be creating a thread in this section of the boards for support to bring him back to Smash. I'm serious.

I'm not going to count my chickens before they hatch, because I'm not wasting my time typing things up in the event that he isn't getting the boot. But at some point in the next six months, we may very well know of his fate...and I will be calling upon all who support my cause to help out.

I'm not sure how I'll do it, but where there's a will there is a way. I'm not willing to wait 6 years for Snake to come back, because I can see him becoming the next Mewtwo. At this point in the industry, there is simply no reason to not consider Downloadable content as an option to satisfy fans.

In short, depending on future events, I plan to start a campaign to bring Snake back to Smash. I will create petitions, a fan page..whatever it takes. I hope I have support in Smashboards, and other sites, because it will probably need all the help it can get.
Problem is, how many signatures would you need. 50,000? 500,000? Another problem arises form the fact that this is an online petition. How would you attain credibility? Also, adding DLC would make it very hard for the metagame to stabilize. I would still support you, but I hope I don't have too.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Don't worry I wasn't referring to you, just the last few pages in general. However that seems to have past. I think we're going to be okay.

Problem is, how many signatures would you need. 50,000? 500,000? Another problem arises form the fact that this is an online petition. How would you attain credibility? I would still support you, but I hope I don't have too.
I'm of the optimistic outlook of "Where there's a will, there's a way". I would obviously need to spread the word and try to get as many people as humanly possible. That means Facebook page, online petition, writing to Nintendo, possibly with all people signing said petition listed in said letter (obviously on a seperate paper). These are all things I would need to decide on when I put the plan to action.

I'd probably need to enlist people to help me, but it's worth a shot I think.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I'm of the optimistic outlook of "Where there's a will, there's a way". I would obviously need to spread the word and try to get as many people as humanly possible. That means Facebook page, online petition, writing to Nintendo, possibly with all people signing said petition listed in said letter (obviously on a seperate paper). These are all things I would need to decide on when I put the plan to action.

I'd probably need to enlist people to help me, but it's worth a shot I think.
"You miss all the shots you don't take". Go for it. If you ever have to do this, I'd support you anyway I can.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
"You miss all the shots you don't take". Go for it. If you ever have to do this, I'd support you anyway I can.
I appreciate this in advance. As I said, I'll need this spread in any way we can do it. Obviously, none of this needs to be done if he gets confirmed, which is what I'm hoping for.

I would probably need...many, MANY signatures. We're talking 500,000ish. But that's where we get the online petition so that we get actual names and such. Signatures can mean money, and 500,000 at the least is pretty strong as far as a petition.

That's me being hopeful though. Not everybody wants him back.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I appreciate this in advance. As I said, I'll need this spread in any way we can do it. Obviously, none of this needs to be done if he gets confirmed, which is what I'm hoping for.
Me too. I'd say Snake has a 70% chance to be confirmed, to put a number on it.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Just found this on reddit
The title: The main reason why snake should return to smash bros

1 in 23 people who have bought brawl would need to sign the petition for 500k, that seems pretty plausible to me.
You'd certainly need to venture off site for that, however.

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Just found this on reddit
The title: The main reason why snake should return to smash bros

1 in 23 people who have bought brawl would need to sign the petition for 500k, that seems pretty plausible to me.
You'd certainly need to venture off site for that, however.
Oh, well obviously I would need that.

I would probably need to determine who the most passionate Snake supporters are, and make them liasons to separate websites (IGN, GameFAQS, NeoSeeker, etc...) I would have the petition on that stupid website, I would have the Facebook page (which I would try to get all over the place). There are plenty of options.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
So for the petition, I'm think 500,000 to 750,000 signatures with a name and gamertag. Anything else, like state/province or e-mail?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't want things to get too personal, because I am sure some people would be uncomfortable.

I don't know how the website works, but I would just want to keep track of how many people sign it so that I can copy that to a letter. That will be a long ass list.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
We'll take all of this into account once we know of Snake's fate. I'm hoping E3 gives us some info, because then we can get a head start. I know we'll know beofre release because they won't just not announce him.

I wish Smashboards would be able to send a few peeps to E3 to get the scoop on things honestly. We're technically a Smash news site. That would be extremely helpful.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Well you're a moderator, maybe you could try and convince smashboards to actually to that. However, if smashboards did send someone, they can't just tell what going to happen, because they might be bound by contract, like how Kojima may be.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
I will support Snake to the bitter end. He's currently the character I want the most, almost more-so than I want to see K. Rool, they're tied at the very least for me.

I'm very confident that we won't have to worry, however. While some people think Snake is deconfirmed due to Kojima's statement, it's all but guaranteed him for me. Kojima would have had to sign a non-disclosure agreement, and we know how notorious he is about giving false information (Moby **** anyone?), plus that ****-eating grin he had when he answered the question gave away more than his words supposedly did. Snake is a master of espionage, he'll sneak right in again.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
I've started to reconsider my previous belligerency about Snake from last month, and it would actually be nice if Snake returned because of the codec taunts. Here's my theory about Kojima's interview:

Sakurai probably told Konami and SEGA beforehand that he was bringing back Snake and Sonic, but knowing that they're not owned by Nintendo by branding, they probably agreed to leave it to Sakurai to announce the characters.

Even so, I'm worried about Snake. Seeing how far the game is in development, when Kojima said "If Sakurai sees this, please put Snake back in" he may have said it too late if he's not in already.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I've started to reconsider my previous belligerency about Snake from last month, and it would actually be nice if Snake returned because of the codec taunts. Here's my theory about Kojima's interview:

Sakurai probably told Konami and SEGA beforehand that he was bringing back Snake and Sonic, but knowing that they're not owned by Nintendo by branding, they probably agreed to leave it to Sakurai to announce the characters.

Even so, I'm worried about Snake. Seeing how far the game is in development, when Kojima said "If Sakurai sees this, please put Snake back in" he may have said it too late if he's not in already.
If Kojima is under contract, Kojima could be hinting at Saukrai to reveal Snake soon without explicitly confirming Snake.

Lautsuu~

Smash Journeyman

I'd support you in any way I can. I loved Snake in Brawl, and I really hope he returns for Sm4sh. Best of luck!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
How is he cut? More so, why do you want him cut so badly?
I will explain they are jumping to conclusions that he's cut because ground zero came out in japan on the 20th sakurai showed nobody that day not even wario for mario party island tour

(To explain the cutting to conclusions snake qualifies for a trailer so if we are wrong about him being kicked he would be shown at a direct or E3)

But the biggest key is also because hideo Kojima said he helping with nothing in smash bros wii u

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I know, I've been posting since page 6. I just want to hear whatever argument he has against Snake.
Fair enough, although i wouldnt hope for much more than that he doesnt like the character or that he doesnt think he fits or deserves to be in. If he even comes back, everytime hes just said some hate on snake and split for a few months.

But the biggest key is also because hideo Kojima said he helping with nothing in smash bros wii u
Thats a bit of a jumped conclusion right there since he never said he isnt helping, he just said he isnt working on that game (which is true for every third party).

That quote has just messed things up for the worse IMO

dang kojima

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
Warning Received
Fair enough, although i wouldnt hope for much more than that he doesnt like the character or that he doesnt think he fits or deserves to be in. If he even comes back, everytime hes just said some hate on snake and split for a few months.

Thats a bit of a jumped conclusion right there since he never said he isnt helping, he just said he isnt working on that game (which is true for every third party).

That quote has just messed things up for the worse IMO

dang kojima
Just Join this Thread. Remember what Takashi Iizuka Said About Sonic before he was reveled!

I will explain they are jumping to conclusions that he's cut because ground zero came out in japan on the 20th sakurai showed nobody that day not even wario for mario party island tour

(To explain the cutting to conclusions snake qualifies for a trailer so if we are wrong about him being kicked he would be shown at a direct or E3)

Wouldn't he be under a contract that he would not be allowed to say anything regarding Snake in SSB4?

Do you think they could make a port of Ground Zeroes for Wii U?

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Wouldn't he be under a contract that he would not be allowed to say anything regarding Snake in SSB4?
That's the main theory regarding the interview. Either way, the interview was rather obsolete, considering all he did was say yes and no at the same time in the most confusing way possible.
Do you think they could make a port of Ground Zeroes for Wii U?
Maybe. Depends if Kojima wants to.

Top Bottom