• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
This is proof you don't know a damn thing about Metal Gear. Ground Zeroes is the preview to phantom pain. The only reason the game is on the ps3/360 is to show it off to people who haven't yet gotten next gen consoles, which are the ONLY consoles that are going to be able to run Phantom Pain. Ground zeroes is literally just a bite size of a game that's going to be 200X bigger. The game is only going to be able to fit on the ps4 and xbone, and that is the only reason it needs. Why would you port a preview to the game you're selling if the full game is going to be on all other current gen consoles except that one?

Kojima barely ever ports mgs games to Nintendo consoles because they don't fit.
This is the reason we don't see metal gear games on nintendo consoles. Mgs4 STILL won't fit on a wii u disc, and the game came out 5+ years ago! Twin snakes had to be on two discs and it was a remake of a ps1 game! Kojima has had to dumb down his games on multiple occasions because of lack of disc space and other limitations, and porting said games to a nintendo console would've just made it worse. He does Nintendo a favor when he ports the games over, and Nintendo has responded in kind every time, See:Mgs3d 3ds bundle.
Metal Gear Solid Guns of Patriots was 32 GB...Wii U discs are 25GB per-layer and the Wii U disc reader's ready for double-layering, unlike the Wii with Brawl, so Guns of Patriots does fit on the Wii U, but that's pretty irrelevant. Phantom Pain IS COMING OUT FOR LAST-GEN CONSOLES! Here! The Wii U version would obviously be a middle ground between the 360/PS3 versions and the PS4/Xbone versions, leaning more towards the PS4/Xbone versions if they optimized the game well (Which third-parties rarely do :/). And your Twin Snakes example doesn't hold any ground either, Twin Snakes wasn't a PSone game, it was an upgraded, remade, polished version of a PSone game that also had to be on two discs because it was too big for the standard CD-Rom...being ahead of your generation doesn't give you the right to be an asshole.

Konami and Kojima aren't releasing Phantom Pain on Wii U because that's not a real gaming company anymore...just look at poor Castlevania...

With how good and how filled with awesome Nintendo Cameos Twin Snakes was...it really feels like a waste to not release the game on Wii U, especially with the smartglass features being an obvious fit for the amazing Gamepad. Third-parties say that they don't release the game because the Wii U's not selling well, but all they did was release half-assed, badly-optimized ports, that's like repairing a car with faulty parts and blaming the original manufacturer because it's malfunctioning. It's just that the gaming industry's so accustomed to lame, loveless, careless games that are just basically made for money.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Metal Gear Solid Guns of Patriots was 32 GB...Wii U discs are 25GB per-layer and the Wii U disc reader's ready for double-layering, unlike the Wii with Brawl, so Guns of Patriots does fit on the Wii U, but that's pretty irrelevant. Phantom Pain IS COMING OUT FOR LAST-GEN CONSOLES! Here! The Wii U version would obviously be a middle ground between the 360/PS3 versions and the PS4/Xbone versions, leaning more towards the PS4/Xbone versions if they optimized the game well (Which third-parties rarely do :/). And your Twin Snakes example doesn't hold any ground either, Twin Snakes wasn't a PSone game, it was an upgraded, remade, polished version of a PSone game that also had to be on two discs because it was too big for the standard CD-Rom...being ahead of your generation doesn't give you the right to be an *******.

Konami and Kojima aren't releasing Phantom Pain on Wii U because that's not a real gaming company anymore...just look at poor Castlevania...

With how good and how filled with awesome Nintendo Cameos Twin Snakes was...it really feels like a waste to not release the game on Wii U, especially with the smartglass features being an obvious fit for the amazing Gamepad. Third-parties say that they don't release the game because the Wii U's not selling well, but all they did was release half-*****, badly-optimized ports, that's like repairing a car with faulty parts and blaming the original manufacturer because it's malfunctioning. It's just that the gaming industry's so accustomed to lame, loveless, careless games that are just basically made for money.
Well ****, I have no idea how phantom pain is going to fit on the 360's ****ty discs, then. (less than 20GB dual layered i believe)

The FOX engine was made to be scaled for the console, so the Wii U running off of the specs of the 360/ps3 version of the game is feasible, but there are other problems with porting the game over to the Wii U. Twin snakes was a remake that was made exclusively for the gamecube despite taking up two discs of space, just like how mgs3d is an exclusive version of the game only available to the 3ds. I don't know why, but Kojima has never directly ported a mgs game to Nintendo consoles, and that isn't a bad thing. (Mgs3d was "filled with Nintendo cameos" about as much as twin snakes was as well, i should know, having shot 64 different yoshi dolls using the fruit suit for the stealth camo and yoshi insignia.)

Kojima has said he isn't porting the games because the wii u is a special case. That's your reason right there. Not some heartless scheme for money, (which mgs has never been, by the way) but so he can set it aside because of its unique features for a creative game. Porting a smartphone app onto the gamepad will not work out in anyway (the app included things like Mother Base management and listening to cassette tapes), and just using just the smartglass features would make it look barebones and disappointing compared to other versions of the game, which is a common problem of porting to the wii u.
There's no way to just port a game over to other consoles without taking unnecessary development time to account for the gamepad, (which developers either think is mandatory or is constantly pushed by Nintendo.) so porting games to the Wii U is more of a hassle than it's worth to just about anyone and everyone. Kojima has not told the public about his plans for the Wii U and any possible mgs games in the future, so speculation is pointless, regardless of this fact.

And on Castelvania: That game wasn't that bad, and for all we know, Kojima's influence on the game was purely positive. Only way to know that really is to judge the upcoming sequels.
On mgs4, i didn't say dual layered for a reason. Wii U's and ps3's discs are about identical in size per layer, so the game would need a second layer and likely an 8 GB install just like it did on the ps3, which is pretty sad considering the ps3 is a last gen console.

The Wii U has the same problem as the Wii did, with most games able to be made for the console just being last gen games made with waggling the touch pad in mind. The difference here is that the Wii U didn't take off like a rocket, and rather sputtered and fell over before taking off more slowly. (not to mention wonderful games like Okami got ported to the Wii and still failed there!) The Wii U gets way too much negative feedback, (it barely deserves any of it, imo.) and no 3rd party developers want to step near because of it, that's completely understandable. It's not so much a loveless, careless, industry as much as a company not wanting to go through the hassle of picking up a console that seems like it's dying, and the console in turn suffering from the lack of support. This is a problem that he press has caused, not the 3rd party developers.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Well ****, I have no idea how phantom pain is going to fit on the 360's ****ty discs, then. (less than 20GB dual layered i believe)

The FOX engine was made to be scaled for the console, so the Wii U running off of the specs of the 360/ps3 version of the game is feasible, but there are other problems with porting the game over to the Wii U. Twin snakes was a remake that was made exclusively for the gamecube despite taking up two discs of space, just like how mgs3d is an exclusive version of the game only available to the 3ds. I don't know why, but Kojima has never directly ported a mgs game to Nintendo consoles, and that isn't a bad thing. (Mgs3d was "filled with Nintendo cameos" about as much as twin snakes was as well, i should know, having shot 64 different yoshi dolls using the fruit suit for the stealth camo and yoshi insignia.)

Kojima has said he isn't porting the games because the wii u is a special case. That's your reason right there. Not some heartless scheme for money, (which mgs has never been, by the way) but so he can set it aside because of its unique features for a creative game. Porting a smartphone app onto the gamepad will not work out in anyway (the app included things like Mother Base management and listening to cassette tapes), and just using just the smartglass features would make it look barebones and disappointing compared to other versions of the game, which is a common problem of porting to the wii u.
There's no way to just port a game over to other consoles without taking unnecessary development time to account for the gamepad, (which developers either think is mandatory or is constantly pushed by Nintendo.) so porting games to the Wii U is more of a hassle than it's worth to just about anyone and everyone. Kojima has not told the public about his plans for the Wii U and any possible mgs games in the future, so speculation is pointless, regardless of this fact.

And on Castelvania: That game wasn't that bad, and for all we know, Kojima's influence on the game was purely positive. Only way to know that really is to judge the upcoming sequels.
On mgs4, i didn't say dual layered for a reason. Wii U's and ps3's discs are about identical in size per layer, so the game would need a second layer and likely an 8 GB install just like it did on the ps3, which is pretty sad considering the ps3 is a last gen console.

The Wii U has the same problem as the Wii did, with most games able to be made for the console just being last gen games made with waggling the touch pad in mind. The difference here is that the Wii U didn't take off like a rocket, and rather sputtered and fell over before taking off more slowly. (not to mention wonderful games like Okami got ported to the Wii and still failed there!) The Wii U gets way too much negative feedback, (it barely deserves any of it, imo.) and no 3rd party developers want to step near because of it, that's completely understandable. It's not so much a loveless, careless, industry as much as a company not wanting to go through the hassle of picking up a console that seems like it's dying, and the console in turn suffering from the lack of support. This is a problem that he press has caused, not the 3rd party developers.
I'd think they could at least port the HD collection so... ya know, I can get into the series...

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
I'd think they could at least port the HD collection so... ya know, I can get into the series...
I'd like to see the legacy collection ported to the Wii U, but i'm almost certain the game would either
1.be panned for not using the gamepad enough if it doesn't use the gamepad
2. be panned for being on the Wii U at all, which i have seen before, sadly, or
3. Be panned for not using twin snakes/mgs3d games in the collection, which i can see happening. (twin snakes and mgs3d were updated versions of the game, but they were made specifically with those consoles in mind.)

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'd like to see the legacy collection ported to the Wii U, but i'm almost certain the game would either 1.be panned for not using the gamepad enough if it doesn't use the gamepad 2. be panned for being on the Wii U at all, which i have seen before, sadly, or 3. Be panned for not using twin snakes/mgs3d games in the collection, which i can see happening. (twin snakes and mgs3d were updated versions of the game, but they were made specifically with those consoles in mind.)
Anything is okay with me, really. I think Twin Snakes could possibly be ported.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It's pretty plain that Konami does not believe Metal Gear will sell on Nintendo consoles. It is likely, as far as their market research is concerned, that the console doesn't contain any worthwhile market for their games (both in population and qualitative demographics). Where there is an audience, it is probably likely they own another console also. It is a bit of a self-fulfilling prophecy where 3rd parties won't support it because there's no audience because there's no 3rd party support etc. Wii U might be some outdated hardware but there is still a costly overhead in porting to it due to the pad and not-yet-familiar development environment unlike the well-established systems.

They have made a pretty poor effort all the same, with them basically cannibalising MGS3D with the HD collection (which they really should release on Wii U, perhaps with Twin Snakes, if only to stop people ragging on Snake for not being Nintendo-loyal enough). At the very least they should get Ghost Babel out onto the 3DS VC already.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Anything is okay with me, really. I think Twin Snakes could possibly be ported.
If gcn games start coming to the wii u vc, then i'm almost certain we'll see twin snakes. (over the top cutscenes and all)
Metal gear was ported from the pc version over to the japan virtual console, but it was japan only because of the pc version being japan only i think.
(better nothing than porting the american metal gear, because that port to the nes was really bad.)

Last edited:

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
Today is the day. Dear god please reveal Snake today.
Even if he is in I really really doubt they'll announce him with a plug for a game (unless we get some unannounced Nintendo MG). It would be great if they did though, just to put it to rest.

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
Well Sakurai is friends with Kojima. An announcement today will sure give GZ some more attention.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622

The Big N has bad press because, from the DS days...the industry and the dudebro gaming community has pushed to doom Nintendo because they can't stand seeing decent games being pumped out. Again, if third-parties invested on the Wii U, maybe they'd eventually see a return, or a big return in the best case scenario.

And the Wii had some pretty amazing games. And the fact that the discs are the same size isn't sad...there isn't really a much bigger storage media nowadays and the PS3 had the Blu-Ray Disc as one of its main selling points, but I doubt any game will take over 50GB, not even Smash or something content-intensive like that. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze didn't use the Gamepad and no one complained, if the Xbone can have a Kinect to basically act as a streamlined way to control the console, why can't the Gamepad be just that with the occassional groundbreaking use of the second screen? So far the Gamepad has offered me one of the most seamless media-center experiences ever. And most ports look barebones and dissapointing because developers don't want to put time into optimizing the game, again, it's an issue of greed apparently taking over caring for the game itself.

Oh, and I'm talking about the fact that Konami refuses to provide a real Metroidvania.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The Big N has bad press because, from the DS days...the industry and the dudebro gaming community has pushed to doom Nintendo because they can't stand seeing decent games being pumped out. Again, if third-parties invested on the Wii U, maybe they'd eventually see a return, or a big return in the best case scenario.

And the Wii had some pretty amazing games. And the fact that the discs are the same size isn't sad...there isn't really a much bigger storage media nowadays and the PS3 had the Blu-Ray Disc as one of its main selling points, but I doubt any game will take over 50GB, not even Smash or something content-intensive like that. Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze didn't use the Gamepad and no one complained, if the Xbone can have a Kinect to basically act as a streamlined way to control the console, why can't the Gamepad be just that with the occassional groundbreaking use of the second screen? So far the Gamepad has offered me one of the most seamless media-center experiences ever. And most ports look barebones and dissapointing because developers don't want to put time into optimizing the game, again, it's an issue of greed apparently taking over caring for the game itself.

Oh, and I'm talking about the fact that Konami refuses to provide a real Metroidvania.
DKC:TF is a first party title. First party games are made specifically for the wii u and the specs it uses. The benefit of the 1st party title is also the fact that the gamepad isn't pushed towards the developers in the way that it's pushed towards third party developers.
You could say the same about a wii game not "needing" motion controls, despite just about every port "needlessly" using them as the only way to control the game, these features are being pushed to add into a game that wasn't made with these features in mind. The metal gear solid franchise was made with the classic controller scheme in mind, that's why it wasn't hard to make games for the ps1, and later the ps2 and ps3. The controllers did not change much, which allowed the game to evolve in different ways using other features like the sixaxis or the double control sticks. The xbox and playstation lines use a pretty vanilla control scheme, so mgsv is designed around the control scheme alone.

Kojima sees not using the gamepad as a waste, and porting the game over adding in some gamepad gimmicks would be a huge hassle for what? Selling the game to the tiny audience of people who would actually buy the mgs games on a nintendo console?
Twin snakes was a wonderfully done port, and it only sold half a million worldwide compared to the original game selling 6 million. Mgs3d sold .3 million compared to the original mgs3 selling 3.6 million, and it was also great port with lots of work put in. Like i said before, Kojima is doing Nintendo a favor by porting the games over. He made mgs3d because he liked how the game looked in 3d, not because he thought the game would sell well (keep in mind mgs3d was released February 2012, which was still in the time period where people where saying the 3ds is doomed and the sales for the console weren't good.).
If Kojima has an idea on how an Mgs game would work with the gamepad, he'll make a game for the Wii U, simple as that.

Kojima will likely make a mgs game for the wii u in the future, (despite the inevitable financial failure it will be) like how he ported mgs3d to the 3ds and used all of its features well, (mgs3d has the best 3d in any 3ds game, imo) but now is not the time for that. The Phantom Pain is going to be a game focused the use of exploration and the mature themes that Big Boss's descent entails, with the gameplay being focused on the two similarly big consoles, and not the black sheep that the Wii U makes itself out to be.

Kojima does nothing but care for his games, it's why he threw a curveball like raiden knowing it would severely impact sales of the next game, it's why he added hours of content and basically made a new game with mgs2 substance because of the fan's complaints with mgs2, it's why he didn't just port twin snakes over to other consoles where it would sell better, it's why he made mgs3d after finishing the naked sampler because he liked it so much, and it's why he draws out his mind in every game he makes, with mentions to the staff, the fans, and the previous games he loves so much. There's a Kojima and Sakurai are close friends, they both share a passion for the games they make.

Last edited:

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
Yeah... but the thing is Mega Man's most well known for his many great games on the NES, and is almost always on Nintendo consoles. As for Snake tho... yeah about four times in 20 years I think? (Don't trust me with numbers, I suck at math.)

'Course I still think Snake has a chance to be in, just as long as Kojima and Sakurai come to an agreement like last time.
We have to remember who we're talking about here. Sakurai, and Kojima; the two most unpredictable men within the gaming industry. I feel as if something potentially extraordinary is unraveling behind the scenes. If Sakurai didn't want Snake in the game, he would've taken one good long look at the numerous requests, laughed, and post a viral message for all of Snake's supporters in lamest terms stating, "Lolnope, yall r crazy", like he always does. Am I the only one who's noticed how open Sakurai has been lately in bashing on his fans for requests that don't meet with their agenda? Not to say some of them don't deserve it...After all, the whole Reggie outbreak was rather outrageous, and stupid, but I suppose that's my opinion.

Sakurai has yet to establish any input he has on Snake's return, therefore I feel as if he's at least considering it, which means more to me than nothing.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
DKC:TF is a first party title. First party games are made specifically for the wii u and the specs it uses. The benefit of the 1st party title is also the fact that the gamepad isn't pushed towards the developers in the way that it's pushed towards third party developers.
You could say the same about a wii game not "needing" motion controls, despite just about every port "needlessly" using them as the only way to control the game, these features are being pushed to add into a game that wasn't made with these features in mind. The metal gear solid franchise was made with the classic controller scheme in mind, that's why it wasn't hard to make games for the ps1, and later the ps2 and ps3. The controllers did not change much, which allowed the game to evolve in different ways using other features like the sixaxis or the double control sticks. The xbox and playstation lines use a pretty vanilla control scheme, so mgsv is designed around the control scheme alone.

Kojima sees not using the gamepad as a waste, and porting the game over adding in some gamepad gimmicks would be a huge hassle for what? Selling the game to the tiny audience of people who would actually buy the mgs games on a nintendo console?
Twin snakes was a wonderfully done port, and it only sold half a million worldwide compared to the original game selling 6 million. Mgs3d sold .3 million compared to the original mgs3 selling 3.6 million, and it was also great port with lots of work put in. Like i said before, Kojima is doing Nintendo a favor by porting the games over. He made mgs3d because he liked how the game looked in 3d, not because he thought the game would sell well (keep in mind mgs3d was released February 2012, which was still in the time period where people where saying the 3ds is doomed and the sales for the console weren't good.).
If Kojima has an idea on how an Mgs game would work with the gamepad, he'll make a game for the Wii U, simple as that.

Kojima will likely make a mgs game for the wii u in the future, (despite the inevitable financial failure it will be) like how he ported mgs3d to the 3ds and used all of its features well, (mgs3d has the best 3d in any 3ds game, imo) but now is not the time for that. The Phantom Pain is going to be a game focused the use of exploration and the mature themes that Big Boss's descent entails, with the gameplay being focused on the two similarly big consoles, and not the black sheep that the Wii U makes itself out to be.

Kojima does nothing but care for his games, it's why he threw a curveball like raiden knowing it would severely impact sales of the next game, it's why he added hours of content and basically made a new game with mgs2 substance because of the fan's complaints with mgs2, it's why he didn't just port twin snakes over to other consoles where it would sell better, it's why he made mgs3d after finishing the naked sampler because he liked it so much, and it's why he draws out his mind in every game he makes, with mentions to the staff, the fans, and the previous games he loves so much.
The Wii U is not a black sheep. Period.
And why would it be a financial failure? If third-parties invested both more time on the console and on the games they make for it, they'd sell better, but were they really expecting their crappy, half-assed ports to sell more than Nintendo games?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
The Wii U is not a black sheep. Period.
And why would it be a financial failure? If third-parties invested both more time on the console and on the games they make for it, they'd sell better, but were they really expecting their crappy, half-***** ports to sell more than Nintendo games?
Yes it is, The Wii U is an entirely different console from the xbone and ps4, and there is no denying that.
It would be a financial failure because like i've shown before, all others were financial failures. There is no audience for Metal Gear on Nintendo consoles.
Mgs ports are anything but half ass, especially on nintendo consoles

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
You say that like it's a bad thing.
It's not a bad thing, but it's the reason there aren't many ports on the console. (Like how the Mac is considered separate from other pc's because it's so different from the rest of them.)
Like i said before, Kojima will make an mgs game for the Wii U if he has a good idea using the gamepad, like how he used the 3ds's features to enhance mgs3d.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Kinda off-topic here, but is MGS3D any good? I might get it.
Mgs3d is my favorite version of the game. The 3d is amazing and the game feels better than the others.(it includes stuff introduced in later mgs games like crouch walking and 3rd person aiming that you can switch to 1st person)
I'd recommend using the circle pad pro, because i heard the aiming is not that good otherwise.
And one tip i'd recommend to any 1st time player: use the codec a lot, it helps when you're stuck and has some really fun dialogue.

Last edited:

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Mgs3d is my favorite version of the game. The 3d is amazing and the game feels better than the others.(it includes stuff introduced in later mgs games like crouch walking and 3rd person aiming that you can switch to 1st person)
I'd recommend using the circle pad pro, because i heard the aiming is not that good otherwise.
And one tip i'd recommend to any 1st time player: use the codec a lot, it helps when you're stuck and has some really fun dialogue.
Ah, nice to know. Hopefully it'll be a good first step into the series if we aren't getting a collection of any sort...

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Its a shame, Kojima seems like the kind of guy that would be better off working closer with Nintendo than he does.
Innovation (good or bad) is both of their games after all.

I kind of hope that when they get to it, Metal Gear 1&2 remakes will see a Nintendo first.
I honestly think they could just do it for the 3DS and people would be fine with it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Snake won't be at E3.

Mewtwo is the only veteran I can see being revealed then.

Snake would most likely be revealed in a Direct.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
I have trouble seeing him appearing in a direct, at least in the same way Sonic did. With Sonic there was a decent set up to segue into his announcement with a relatively short additional clip (to the Mario & Sonic Olympics part). It just seems to me that it would be a little less awkward to announce Snake alongside some other character at E3. If he's not announced by then I'll just assume he's not in it. Don't want to spend the remaining months waiting on an announcement like so many did with Mega Man and Brawl.

Maybe he'll turn up during a launch day trailer: "Kept you waiting, huh?"

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
I'm thinking that we won't see Snake until E3, if ever. After seeing absolutely nothing this week, I'm pretty sure we aren't seeing him tomorrow.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I'm thinking that we won't see Snake until E3, if ever. After seeing absolutely nothing this week, I'm pretty sure we aren't seeing him tomorrow.
Yeah im inclined to agree, e3 or a direct leading up to it is probably our best bet. I feel we are currently in our darkest hour as far it goes for us snake fans.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Yeah im inclined to agree, e3 or a direct leading up to it is probably our best bet. I feel we are currently in our darkest hour as far it goes for us snake fans.
If Snake's going to be in the game at all, then we have to hope that Sakurai and Kojima are getting him in the game as we speak.

EDIT: Just found out that Metal Gear (NES) released in June 1988, so maybe as an anniversary-type thing he'll be revealed around that time this year? Mind you E3 also takes place in June... hint hint?

Last edited:

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
EDIT: Just found out that Metal Gear (NES) released in June 1988, so maybe as an anniversary-type thing he'll be revealed around that time this year? Mind you E3 also takes place in June... hint hint?
Except the NES version is kinda considered a bastardized port by most people (including Kojima IIRC), so I doubt that would be the sort of thing Sakurai would want to celebrate.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
Except the NES version is kinda considered a *******ized port by most people (including Kojima IIRC), so I doubt that would be the sort of thing Sakurai would want to celebrate.
Yeah but it's the reason why Metal Gear is still around.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Yeah but it's the reason why Metal Gear is still around.
I think that has more to do with MGS than the NES Metal Gear.

Seems like an odd thing to acknowledge when Konami has NEVER released a port or the NES version. They've only done ports of the MSX version.

Top Bottom