• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

ZombieVito

Smash Journeyman
It will be awesome if one alternate costume for Snake is Big Boss. You will just need to give him an eye-patch and done.

C'mon Sakurai! I want Snake and Mewtwo back.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It will be awesome if one alternate costume for Snake is Big Boss. You will just need to give him an eye-patch and done.

C'mon Sakurai! I want Snake and Mewtwo back.
Snake codec for Mewtwo where he discusses their similarities as genetic clones of legendary beings. It must be done.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Snake codec for Mewtwo where he discusses their similarities as genetic clones of legendary beings. It must be done.
I have always thought of that! Snake discussing about Mewtwo's origins and relating with him! They should do that!
I Hate MGS
That's it? You want one character gone because you simply dislike him? By that logic, Villager, Sonic, Mega Man, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Wario, Mr. Game & Watch, Ice Climbers, Olimar, Wolf and Falco all would be cut simply because I don't like them.

Last edited:

Zyfoe

Smash Apprentice
Snake shall be cut in Super Smash Brothers 4.

Snake, a veteran of heightened hostilities, has a certain grasp of the trials Super Smash Brothers holds for him. To understand this concept, one must look no further than the previous entry in our conflict of Nintendo brethren: Super Smash Brothers Brawl. In this telegenic product, Snake must quarrel with a variety of foes such as an Italian excrement handler, an elven knight bearing similarities to Robin Hood, a hedgehog capable of verbal communication, and so forth. Despite the diversity of these combatants, one thing they share in respect to one another in these brawls is this: physical injuries. So it must stand to reason then that Snake should expect to be bruised, restrained, battered, obliterated, and possibly even cut in Super Smash Brothers 4.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Just from the fact that Hideo Kojima wants Snake to return but won't port Metal Gear Solid V to the Wii U, makes his character undeserving. Even Giygas would know better then to ask such a ridiculous request after losing his mind. And the rumor that he begged Sakurai to add Snake in Brawl completely threw me off.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Just from the fact that Hideo Kojima wants Snake to return but won't port Metal Gear Solid V to the Wii U, makes his character undeserving. Even Giygas would know better then to ask such a ridiculous request after losing his mind. And the rumor that he begged Sakurai to add Snake in Brawl completely threw me off.
Kojima didn't port MGS4 to the Wii, and Sakurai called Kojima to ask is he still wanted him to put Snake in. (Kojima wanted Snake in since Melee) Also, Mega Man doesn't have any games for the Wii U or 3Ds, the only reason he's in is because of demand.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We did get a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS between Brawl and now, and it was early on in the 3DS's lifespan when it really needed games. A lot of people tend to forget about that, and MGS3 is generally regarded as one of the better games in the franchise (either that or Metal Gear Solid, which Nintendo also got).

Plus, given how influential the Metal Gear series is, (how many stealth sections are included in video games, even to this day?) I'd say that Snake deserves to get in. He may not have a huge role to play in Nintendo's history, but Nintendo systems have still gotten some of the better games in his franchise, and his series has played a huge role in gaming history as a whole.

Last edited:

SureNsync

Smash Journeyman
Kojima didn't port MGS4 to the Wii, and Sakurai called Kojima to ask is he still wanted him to put Snake in. (Kojima wanted Snake in since Melee) Also, Mega Man doesn't have any games for the Wii U or 3Ds, the only reason he's in is because of demand.
Mega Man was destined to be in Smash Bros. By that logic. Kojima originally wanting Snake in Smash since Melee, basically went to ask Sakurai in person. A creator requesting his character to be added to a series is double the demand. And since no Metal Gear title/Metal Gear 5 isn't currently announced to be coming to the Wii U or 3DS, Snake's return will be because of high demand from his fans and 1 = billion double the demands from his creator.

If Snake doesn't return, its because he had his time. Now its Mega Man's time.
We did get a remake of Metal Gear Solid 3 for the 3DS between Brawl and now, and it was early on in the 3DS's lifespan when it really needed games. A lot of people tend to forget about that, and MGS3 is generally regarded as one of the better games in the franchise (either that or Metal Gear Solid, which Nintendo also got).

Plus, given how influential the Metal Gear series is, (how many stealth sections are included in video games, even to this day?) I'd say that Snake deserves to get in. He may not have a huge role to play in Nintendo's history, but Nintendo systems have still gotten some of the better games in his franchise, and his series has played a huge role in gaming history as a whole.
That's good enough reasons but people seem to ignore that the 3rd party number could be finalized to 2 max.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Mega Man was destined to be in Smash Bros. By that logic. Kojima originally wanting Snake in Smash since Melee, basically went to ask Sakurai in person. A creator requesting his character to be added to a series is double the demand. And since no Metal Gear title/Metal Gear 5 isn't currently announced to be coming to the Wii U or 3DS, Snake's return will be because of high demand from his fans and 1 = billion double the demands from his creator.

If Snake doesn't return, its because he had his time. Now its Mega Man's time.

That's good enough reasons but people seem to ignore that the 3rd party number could be finalized to 2 max.
I agree with what you said. If a character is in solely because of demand, that's a good enough reason on it's own. Snake will probably be in, partly in due to fan demand. Even if he doesn't make, people will petition to add him.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
That's possible, but if I could use a corny expression, that seems like closing the barn door after the horse has already bolted. With Brawl, third party characters were only revealed to be in the game when the game itself was revealed, so they only had time to add Sonic at the last minute. With this game, they would have known that third party characters would be in the game before starting it (and, more importantly, so would third parties), so it seems likely that there will be more than two this time around.

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
That's possible, but if I could use a corny expression, that seems like closing the barn door after the horse has already bolted. With Brawl, third party characters were only revealed to be in the game when the game itself was revealed, so they only had time to add Sonic at the last minute. With this game, they would have known that third party characters would be in the game before starting it (and, more importantly, so would third parties), so it seems likely that there will be more than two this time around.
If you ask me, they've already finalized the roster before even beginning development. Who knows what the limit for third parties is? Maybe Sakurai already has plans, and doesn't want to hear anymore requests for other third parties. At most, I see Sonic, Mega Man, Snake, and Pac Man. Any others seem out of the question.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You know I personally think that snake is in completely but Nintendo and Mr. Sakurai don't have a good time to announce him. He may end up being a secret character all the way up to release if that's the case. I think Sakurai wants to highlight the new characters in the Nintendo Directs so I think he will be announced when Nintendo thinks its best. Who knows it could be tomorrow.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
There hasn't been a single time a 3rd party character; returning or not, that has been announced without a trailer. I'm pretty sure we'll see snake with a direct or at e3

Last edited:

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
If they announce a direct monday, I'm expecting Snake for a surprise April 1st reveal that'll **** everyone over. Besides us who want Snake, that is.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
If they announce a direct monday, I'm expecting Snake for a surprise April 1st reveal that'll **** everyone over. Besides us who want Snake, that is.
My god that would be delicious. More than anything i just want to see an updated snake character model and artwork, i can imagine it but i want to see him in all his glory.

FinalStarmen

Smash Ace
Not just this, but it shall also put an end to the ridiculous notion in which the game's new art-style would somehow prevent Snake's inclusion in the first place.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Not just this, but it shall also put an end to the ridiculous notion in which the game's new art-style would somehow prevent Snake's inclusion in the first place.
Wait a minute that's an actual argument someone's using?
That's worse than Shulk's "TOO NEW".
No but seriously if he can fit in Dream Mix TV World Fighters <- (actual name of a game) art style he can fit in any art style.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
Seeing as they say they have retired the Colonel Campbell character due to the Japanese VA's death, I think there's quite a large chance that Snake's codecs won't return or if they do, the character will be Naked Snake.
Yet, he does make a voice-only cameo within the PS3/PS4 versions of Ground Zeroes, during the quiz segment in the ending of the exclusive Extra Op mission Déjà Vu. Kojima is either trolling again or his definition of "retirement" is...incomplete. :confused:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Whaaa!!!!!

That is big right there if he is correct in his statement. And no raiden would not replace snake, he would probably replace grey fox as an AT, which makes sense considering he said it wasnt to the extent that raiden spoke in past games. Rob paulson voiced grey fox and came in for his few grunts and lines, it would make sense that there were at least a few lines for raiden if he appears. Especially if they couldnt get flynn for that voice over studio or didnt want to call him in for such a minimal role.

Oh man, im hoping this leads to bigger and better things, my faith in snakes return has just gotten a B12 shot

Gonna bring this quote in here from the rumors and leaks thread. HYES!!!!!

This is great news for snake, so i thought i'd bring it into the snake thread for those who missed it to see.
Thanks to @Kirks21 for finding the twitter, and to @Smash Bro for finding that article!

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Yes, more hope for Snake, hopefully!

Here's the interview: http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profile...nterview-is-with-the-extremely-entertaining-m

And the exact part of it:

"Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Really I can’t think of any others, I don’t know. Im so lucky to have work on all the major franchises that anyone could possibly work on or even dream to work on.

Oh, Portal. Is that possible even?! (laughing)

I just feel blessed with all the video game opportunities I’ve had chance to partake in, so I feel like I’ve got it pretty well covered."

Last edited:

Speculator

Smash Ace
I just read that interview. Definitely eyebrow-raising, although I think it's possible he's mixing up Super Smash Bros and Playstation All-Stars. Raiden was in that, right?

bobadz

Smash Ace
I just read that interview. Definitely eyebrow-raising, although I think it's possible he's mixing up Super Smash Bros and Playstation All-Stars. Raiden was in that, right?
He didn't play Raiden PSABR though.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Nope, that was Quinton Flynn

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
On one hand I'm very happy Snake is most likely returning (assuming this isn't some silly convoluted misunderstanding). On the other hand Raiden will be voiced by somebody other than Flynn. I know they used somebody else in the Snake Eraser vid but it might be a little jarring if he's in a lot of codec calls. At least Hayter will be back, right?

Right?

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
On one hand I'm very happy Snake is most likely returning (assuming this isn't some silly convoluted misunderstanding). On the other hand Raiden will be voiced by somebody other than Flynn. I know they used somebody else in the Snake Eraser vid but it might be a little jarring if he's in a lot of codec calls. At least Hayter will be back, right?

Right?
It wouldnt be too bad if raiden had minimal lines like grey fox did for his AT, but either way hes a pretty good actor so he might do a better job then flynn, who admittedly sounded a bit ruff in revengeance. We might not get hayter back either, but that remains to be seen, if anything i think they might have sutherland under contract so he would be obligated for this too if thats the case. Who knows though, they might have went with hayter which would be cool

Im just happy that this might mean the very best for us snake fans, its been a long road but this might be what weve been looking for. I dont want to get my hopes sky high, but they are definitely a bit more optimistic then previously.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
OMG

Are you telling me that Raiden may appear as a non-sticker this time!?... He's going to have a voiced role!?

And I literally said this like a couple weeks ago:

Metal Gear series always seemed odd to me (especially compared to the other 3rd party series: Sonic). Iirc, most trophies appeared in-game in some form (like Cardboard Box, Cypher, REX, etc.) except for Shagohod, arguably Iroquois Pliskin and Naked Snake... and leaving out many important people.

In fact, we got Iroquois Pliskin, which the description even mentions Raiden, but no Raiden trophy (only a sticker)!

I WILL see my bishounen cyborg ninja in Smash... somehow. Hopefully a trophy...

I hope. :urg:
If Raiden appears as an AT, I'd be ecstatic. Like, I'm fangirling so hard right now like asdfghjkl;' It's believable, but nothing's confirmed exactly, so I'm going wait and see...

Hopefully this bodes well for Snake -- if true, then we're getting Metal Gear content, and it would be weird to see no Snake yet still have MG stuff. It would be even weirder if Raiden's playable and not Snake. Getting 2 fighters from the series seem very unlikely at this point (I mean anything's possible, but still...) and I'd think Snake would have top priority anyway.

Snake supporters have something to look forward to. Let's hope this turns out true, and indirectly confirms Snake.

Reuben Langdon confirmed for voicing Raiden in PSASBR GUYZ!

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yes, more hope for Snake, hopefully!

Here's the interview: http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profile...nterview-is-with-the-extremely-entertaining-m

And the exact part of it:

"Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Really I can’t think of any others, I don’t know. Im so lucky to have work on all the major franchises that anyone could possibly work on or even dream to work on.

Oh, Portal. Is that possible even?! (laughing)

I just feel blessed with all the video game opportunities I’ve had chance to partake in, so I feel like I’ve got it pretty well covered."
So, is Metal Gear confirmed or not?

SonicMario

Smash Master

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
It is possible he did mocap, but that might not be listed in that game's credits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQpNM67aFCc is the credits for that game. I don't think he comes up under mo-cap but I'm not sure if anybody does, or if anything is mentioned about Rising's mocap. It's 35 minutes long, far too long for me (but potentially an odd omission for credits this long).

Last edited:

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Raiden would probably be sticker and/or codec, not AT.
Gray Fox would probably just reprise his role as AT.

Yet, he does make a voice-only cameo within the PS3/PS4 versions of Ground Zeroes, during the quiz segment in the ending of the exclusive Extra Op mission Déjà Vu. Kojima is either trolling again or his definition of "retirement" is...incomplete. :confused:
Actually, you know what, its likely the character will return if they do decide to remake Metal Gear 1&2.
But I doubt Campbell will make an appearance for SSB4

Top Bottom