• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
Question: how likely do you think it is that Snake will be revealed this March?
I think its pretty likely.
Is there any other MGS or Kojima related important dates coming up aside from Ground Zeroes?
I can't think of any myself.

So far character reveals have been (mostly) related to important dates right?

on a different note, has anyone seen the reverse cover art for ground zeroes yet?

*insert spoiler image *

Looks pretty awesome, if you ask me. I'm probably just going to reverse it as soon as i get the game in the mail
Sweet, I'll have to reverse my copy too.

solitonmedic

Potassium, potassium
NNID
Dantel
Considering Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are Konami's main focus, I doubt Snake's coming back.

They pretty much have a full plate right now.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
Plus, we at least got Snake Eater 3D, I think that enough will suffice. Back during Brawl, the most recent MGS game on a nintendo console was Twin Snakes, which came out very early 2000s...

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Considering Ground Zeroes and Phantom Pain are Konami's main focus, I doubt Snake's coming back.

Konami was working on mgs4 and portable ops at the time of brawl.
Ground Zeroes isn't even being worked on currently, the game is literally waiting in the back of stores or shipping to the stores in prep for the launch. TPP doesn't even have a release date, so the game development isn't being rushed in any way.

So no, full plate would not be a reason here.

Last edited:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

As other have said...

Oh... Konami is working on MGS4, Snake can't be in Brawl!

Wait a minute...

Oh, Sonic can't return, Sega is busy working on Sonic Lost World.

See how bad that argument is?

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
Hideo Kojima: Is there any way I could....umm.....ya know, get Snake in the game again without having to support the Wii U in any way?

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Hideo Kojima: Is there any way I could....umm.....ya know, get Snake in the game again without having to support the Wii U in any way?
Because we have a mega man game on the horizon too.... Right

---
Anyway if anyone has a twitter account someone should link or cut down that interview with Kojima so sakurai can see it, or link it to both of them. Sure they might never see it in the slew of tweets they get daily, but it's worth a shot. It might be desperation talking but I still think there is time to do something of they had no plan to bring him back.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
He got Snake in Brawl without supporting the Wii in the least, so there's that.

Davidius

Smash Journeyman
While I'm sure Sakurai would be willing to bring him back, I would worry about Nintendo perhaps vetoing his inclusion this time. I don't really see why they would in particular, because Snake being in the game is hardly going to cause a mass exodus from their systems but they might have reservations about paying for the creation of his assets out of their own pocket, as minuscule as they probably are. I wish Konami would have at least ported the HD collection to Wii U.

Luckily 3rd party inclusion has not been all about how well a character supports Nintendo consoles: Otherwise Snake wouldn't have been the first third party (and for a time the only one planned).

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
Yoshi wasn't revealed on Friday. Snake being revealed withing the next 2-3 days seems likely. Then again, a lot of people over on the Yoshi thread thought he was going to be revealed last Friday to correspond with the release of Yoshi's new world, and look what happened.

BlueSorrow

Smash Apprentice
There's at least the Megaman games on the virtual console.
Which is something.
There's at least the Metal Gear games on the virtual console. Which is something.
He got Snake in Brawl without supporting the Wii in the least, so there's that.
But Kojima did supported the Wii through the inclusion of Snake in the Wii's killer app creating a landmark in the Smash history and possibly cementing the inclusion of future Third-Party characters as well as designing the Shadow Moses Island stage himself and Metal Gear (MSX2 verison) and Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake (MSX2 version) has been released on the Virtual Console.

DrizzyDrew

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-3772-7996-8482
Kojima recently spoke about included snake in smash, what do you think?

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Chances seem slim for snake to return, but would you guys even miss him?
You're seriously asking this on the Snake thread?

Kojima recently spoke about included snake in smash, what do you think?
Check the last few pages.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
His body language really didn't seem like a no. Maybe I'm just being hopeful.
You probably are, but I found where he's headed next.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
You probably are, but I found where he's headed next.

Hahahaha! Champion Big Boss wants to battle! Kojima should do that!
Wait, where did people get the idea that there's a Snake reveal imminent?
MGSV Gorund Zeros came out today, and will be in Japan on March 20th, so where expecting one tomorrow or the 20th.

Croph

Hold Baroque Inside
NNID
IceCreamStar
3DS FC
3196-4596-5388
I'm honestly staying neutral on the whole Kojima interview.

I do want Snake to return even more now. Because if he does, in the future we'll look back on this incident and laugh.

And yes, I'd be disappointed if Snake doesn't return. I'd miss his character and unique gameplay.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I'm honestly staying neutral on the whole Kojima interview.

I do want Snake to return even more now. Because if he does, in the future we'll look back on this incident and laugh.

And yes, I'd be disappointed if Snake doesn't return. I'd miss his character and unique gameplay.
This.

O1DsLeNdYwHiTe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ARKANSAS-Gamer
That statement is flawed in it's own context. If that was the case, then consider Snake's appearance in the previous addition to the franchise nonexistent. Snake didn't exactly help in promoting the Wii console either, yet his addition was still inevitable, despite his limited connections with Nintendo. Not to mention Mega Man's addition doesn't exactly promote the Wii U console either. He was strictly fan requested, yet Sakurai still went through with it. Soooooo, I don't exactly see this scenario unfolding....

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
That statement is flawed in it's own context. If that was the case, then consider Snake's appearance in the previous addition to the franchise nonexistent. Snake didn't exactly help in promoting the Wii console either, yet his addition was still inevitable, despite his limited connections with Nintendo. Not to mention Mega Man's addition doesn't exactly promote the Wii U console either. He was strictly fan requested, yet Sakurai still went through with it. Soooooo, I don't exactly see this scenario unfolding....
Yeah... but the thing is Mega Man's most well known for his many great games on the NES, and is almost always on Nintendo consoles. As for Snake tho... yeah about four times in 20 years I think? (Don't trust me with numbers, I suck at math.)

'Course I still think Snake has a chance to be in, just as long as Kojima and Sakurai come to an agreement like last time.

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
The Kojima interview is pretty much nonsense, well, Kojima's statement specifically.

Just ignore it.

Like, seriously, if the roster was finalised more than a year ago, Kojima would know and be more likely to say something along the lines of
"Well, Sakurai and I... we... Snake isn't coming back :C and I'll never talk to Sakura ever again!"
I mean, Kojima is known for playing around with information which has been noted multiple times in this topic.
Just don't listen to Kojima, unless he starts his sentence with Real Talk.
But seriously, take everything that guy says with a grain of salt.

Snake is still on the table, even if the launch of Ground Zeroes doesn't influence Snake's smash bros reveal.
It'll look bad, but since Ground Zeroes isn't a Nintendo release, its to be expected.

Another date we could expect Snake to be revealed is during July since that was Metal Gear's original release date.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Metal_Gear_media
I beleive E3 was also speculated by some, could be.

Basically, just wait and see.
Not much else to say.
Unless you're either Lie To Me or The Mentalist, then I guess you'd know already. Don't spoil.

Last edited:

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
The Kojima interview is pretty much nonsense, well, Kojima's statement specifically.

Just ignore it.

Like, seriously, if the roster was finalised more than a year ago, Kojima would know and be more likely to say something along the lines of
"Well, Sakurai and I... we... Snake isn't coming back :C and I'll never talk to Sakura ever again!"
I mean, Kojima is known for playing around with information which has been noted multiple times in this topic.
Just don't listen to Kojima, unless he starts his sentence with Real Talk.
But seriously, take everything that guy says with a grain of salt.

Snake is still on the table, even if the launch of Ground Zeroes doesn't influence Snake's smash bros reveal.
It'll look bad, but since Ground Zeroes isn't a Nintendo release, its to be expected.

Another date we could expect Snake to be revealed is during July since that was Metal Gear's original release date.

Not much else to say.
Unless you're either Lie To Me or The Mentalist, then I guess you'd know already. Don't spoil.
Good observations ( So true about Kojima though). Just because Snake wasn't revealed today doesn't mean he won't be revealed this week. (I know, I keep going on about this). However E3 seems just as, if not more likely because of the sheer volume of characters revealed.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332

Not much else to say.
Most of the time special dates like anniversaries mean nothing for reveals. It's either going to be this month's Nintendo Direct, E3, or some random reveal...

Tornado_Man

Smash Lord
NNID
FireMegaBuster
To be honest I think if Snake returns, it'll be in a direct with a little gameplay trailer like Sonic. Therefore, best chance is a direct.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Yeah... but the thing is Mega Man's most well known for his many great games on the NES, and is almost always on Nintendo consoles. As for Snake tho... yeah about four times in 20 years I think? (Don't trust me with numbers, I suck at math.)
5, not including cameos.

such as internation track and field (with many other konami all stars) and many others

And even then though think about the number of releases mega man has had compared to that of metal gear, they arent even in the same ball park. No third party can remain completely loyal, metal gear has appeared on nearly every platform imaginable. Sakurai already stated he didnt care about console fan wars or loyalty in that regard, he even went as far as praising the ps4 for what it could do for developers. Its not even comparable and it really doesnt matter since its very doubtful that sakurai is looking at these guests in terms of number of times they have backed nintendo.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
We're all very confused with the interview. He basically said yes and no at the same time.
It's not confusing, it's extremely clear that Kojima's saying "I won't support the Wii U because I'm a backstabbing asshole, but please put Snake on a flagship Nintendo game that celebrates Nintendo so he can be in even though I refuse to port a game that runs smooth on PS3 and Xbox360 to a console that's more powerful than those two".

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It's not confusing, it's extremely clear that Kojima's saying "I won't support the Wii U because I'm a backstabbing *******, but please put Snake on a flagship Nintendo game that celebrates Nintendo so he can be in even though I refuse to port a game that runs smooth on PS3 and Xbox360 to a console that's more powerful than those two".
Ground Zeroes is the preview to phantom pain. The only reason the game is on the ps3/360 is to show it off to people who haven't yet gotten next gen consoles, which are the ONLY consoles that are going to be able to run Phantom Pain. Ground zeroes is literally just a bite size of a game that's going to be 200X bigger. The game is only going to be able to fit on the ps4 and xbone, and that is the only reason it needs. Why would you port a preview to the game you're selling if the full game is going to be on all other current gen consoles except that one?

Kojima barely ever ports mgs games to Nintendo consoles because they don't fit.
This is the reason we don't see metal gear games on nintendo consoles. Mgs4 STILL won't fit on a wii u disc, and the game came out 5+ years ago! Twin snakes had to be on two discs and it was a remake of a ps1 game! Kojima has had to dumb down his games on multiple occasions because of lack of disc space and other limitations, and porting said games to a nintendo console would've just made it worse. He does Nintendo a favor when he ports the games over, and Nintendo has responded in kind every time, See:Mgs3d 3ds bundle.

Last edited:
Top Bottom