• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Solid Snake for Smash DLC thread! Such a lust for Smash news....WHOOOOOOOO?

MySmashmains6

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb4sonicrules
I swear people are too quick to write off Snake's chances. The only things harming Snake from being included are time constraints and licencing issues. Kojima more than likely approached Sakurai ask for Snake's return. Seriously, where did this 'No upcoming Nintendo game, no chance' bulls**t come from?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I swear people are too quick to write off Snake's chances. The only things harming Snake from being included are time constraints and licencing issues. Kojima more than likely approached Sakurai ask for Snake's return. Seriously, where did this 'No upcoming Nintendo game, no chance' bulls**t come from?
Definitely agreed. I think the only reason people don't want him is because they want their dream roster to come true or don't think there's going to be 4 third party characters (which would mean Pac Man would replace Snake). But yeah, as stated before, Snake's THE most debated character for Smash 4. Even moreso than Mewtwo. And I absolutely love how people are always like Person: "There hasn't been any games in the franchise on a Nintendo console" Me: "Twin Snakes" Person: I MEAN RECENT ONES" Me: "Snake Eater 3D" Person: I MEAN ORIGINAL, NOT SOME DUMB PORT/REMAKE". I mean, heck, there's even Ghost Babel, which was actually really good for a Gameboy Color game. Sure, MGSV might not come out to Wii U, but we got Snake Eater 3D. Kojima supports Smash Bros., Nintendo, and the 3DS. Snake Eater was announced the same day as the 3DS announced, with a demo, and then to a full game. It's pretty clear that Kojima respects Nintendo. And you never know, what if during E3, he announces a port to the Wii U? Along with Snake's character announcement? I don't know. Snake in my perspective is "Likely" but not guaranteed to show up. In a general point of view however, Snake has a 50/50 chance, which is why he's such a debatable character.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Agreed. Snake is definitely in the 50/50 camp. I just hate how negative some can get over those who want him back.
As you said a lot of people have this idea of a dream roster or something. Hell snake being in Brawl alone should be more than enough for them.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Call me stubborn, but i'm not going to count snake out until smash 3ds is in my hands and i check the back for the Konami logo.

It's kinda funny with that little mac picture, Snake could be hiding anywhere slightly out of camera for the POTDS and we wouldn't know. I'd love to see Snake's character page just be shots of other POTD's with the camera angle changed to show snake hiding.

Ekans647

Smash Lord
NNID
Ekans647
3DS FC
2019-9808-9029
I still don't see how Pac-man could be in SSB4.
Call me stubborn, but i'm not going to count snake out until smash 3ds is in my hands and i check the back for the Konami logo.

It's kinda funny with that little mac picture, Snake could be hiding anywhere slightly out of camera for the POTDS and we wouldn't know. I'd love to see Snake's character page just be shots of other POTD's with the camera angle changed to show snake hiding.
That should be the standard for all Snake fans.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman

Would love if the reveal for Snake was POTD highlighting where Snake was hiding on that day. Would be a fun way to reveal him.

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Game Trailers Have given up hope on Snake Already! (WATCH THE VIDEO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRv9GuTpJyo
you mean games rader, and sheesh those guys. They have been wrong countless times since they started that show, and i dont exactly see this pile of evidence hes claiming is there for snakes exclusion (especially when they try to make a case for ground zeroes tone having an effect on this).

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny that they use arguments that everyone else has before. In fact, they only gave two:
1. Snake doesn't "fit" the Smash Bros. style
2. Snake's moves have already been taken by items/characters
I can't emphasize this enough why the items make no sense: Look at Falco's blaster, it's literally just the ray gun, look at previous posts about characters using each others moves. And the whole fiasco about Snake not feeling like he belonged in Smash Bros. ended back when Brawl was released. So, in my eyes, if he's appeared once before, he can sure as hell appear again in Smash Bros. 4.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
One of the main reasons i want snake back is so idiots like them don't think they're actually right about him.

These are the guys who thought Marth was cut, take anything they say with a pound of salt, some vitamin C, and a bottle of germ-X

Also, you all know about sheik's grenade only being similar to Snake's in name, right? (and not even then, it's a burst grenade after all.)

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
One of the main reasons i want snake back is so idiots like them don't think they're actually right about him.

These are the guys who thought Marth was cut, take anything they say with a pound of salt, some vitamin C, and a bottle of germ-X

Also, you all know about sheik's grenade only being similar to Snake's in name, right? (and not even then, it's a burst grenade after all.)
I've never known of shiek using a grenade did she use one in Ocarina of Time?

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

Agreed. I feel that these gaming "journalists" just state their opinion and what others state rather than standing their own ground with evidence. My brother, who's a large playstation and Metal Gear fan (He's a fanboy of Metal Gear) even mentioned that Snake seems pretty likely by this point.
I no longer want to live on a planet where Lloyd is thought of as more likely than Snake.
I lol'd so hard there. These guys think they're experts on Smash, but once I heard them say that I was just facepalming all over the place.

He/She used some kind of thing that made him/her disappear throughout the game. It looked like it worked a little like a deku nut. So that might be it?

Last edited by a moderator:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
He/She used some kind of thing that made him/her disappear throughout the game. It looked like it worked a little like a deku nut. So that might be it?
Im pretty sure it was a deku nut if i recall. But this grenade seems made up for her, but either way plenty of characters have bombs so its a non issue. The only guys in the press who i feel kinda know their stuff with smash bros is the guys from gamexplain, but even they think snakes gone but not for those reasons.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Take it easy with the double posting, 'mate.
Wait, Nvm. The posts were edited.
She used a deku nut, which is basically a Hyrule stun grenade.
This type of grenade is more akin to ninjas in general.

Last edited:

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000
I wonder why does people say Snake Doesn't Fit he fits in just as good as Link and ZSS

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux

This is Snake...
Can't give up the good fight, I made this codec themed signature icon for Snake if anyone would like to use it. Snake being cut would be the biggest blow for me.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Great Signature i'm going to be using it as well!

I'm expecting Snake back since he seems like the sort of character that would have been deconfirmed by now if he wasn't in.

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Kinda hope he stays out of the next game. He will most likely return though? (In my opinion.) Knowing my luck, this goddamn character will be back, and someone like R.O.B. will be unavailable. lol :sadeyes:

MySmashmains6

Smash Cadet
NNID
ssb4sonicrules
Kinda hope he stays out of the next game. He will most likely return though? (In my opinion.) Knowing my luck, this goddamn character will be back, and someone like R.O.B. will be unavailable. lol :sadeyes:
What are you talking about? Why would Snake affect R.O.B.'s chances?

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

This is Snake...
Can't give up the good fight, I made this codec themed signature icon for Snake if anyone would like to use it. Snake being cut would be the biggest blow for me.
Im New here how do I use that in my comments

Skyfox2000

War it never changes...
NNID
Skyfox2000

This is Snake...
How do you make these

AncientArk

Smash Apprentice
I'm going to use this image, its pretty cool.
Its vital we support the crap out of Snake

Also, we only get something like 5 lines for signatures?
That sucks, I wanted to put Snakes Ending Speech from MGS2 in my sig, I couldn't even use a spoiler tag.

Is the limit based on post count or something?

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure Nintendo is pleased with the franchise. I think there was the hope to bring Metal Gear to Nintendo consoles in a bigger way and it DID happen at first. But then I guess they didn't preform well enough and Metal Gear has for a while now basically not been on Nintendo things and chosen other consoles. People might underestimate how much that might tick off Nintendo. Back when Brawl came out Metal Gear appeared to be going Nintendo pretty strongly with remakes and stuff. But that's over. Even if Sakurai and that other d00d are friends I'm not sure that's enough. Nintendo might just not want it to happen since they're not getting anything out of the deal anymore since Metal Gear isn't going with Nintendo anymore.

On the other hand Mega Man is constantly with Nintendo in some form. Same with Sonic.

Then again he could be back, I'm not psychic. I think his chances are not strong though. Snake in this game would mainly serve as a Metal Gear advertisement for Metal Gear games that currently go pretty exclusively to Nintendo's competition.

Last edited:

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
I'm not sure Nintendo is pleased with the franchise. I think there was the hope to bring Metal Gear to Nintendo consoles in a bigger way and it DID happen at first. But then I guess they didn't preform well enough and Metal Gear has for a while now basically not been on Nintendo things and chosen other consoles. People might underestimate how much that might tick off Nintendo. Back when Brawl came out Metal Gear appeared to be going Nintendo pretty strongly with remakes and stuff. But that's over. Even if Sakurai and that other d00d are friends I'm not sure that's enough. Nintendo might just not want it to happen since they're not getting anything out of the deal anymore since Metal Gear isn't going with Nintendo anymore.

On the other hand Mega Man is constantly with Nintendo in some form. Same with Sonic.

Then again he could be back, I'm not psychic. I think his chances are not strong though. Snake in this game would mainly serve as a Metal Gear advertisement for Metal Gear games that currently go pretty exclusively to Nintendo's competition.
Snakes inclusion in Brawl was before MGS3D was even announced. Ekans647 has a good post about what Snake's inclusion in Brawl could really be seen as. Which to me makes more sense. http://smashboards.com/threads/snake.324205/page-6#post-16161695

Smash G

Smash Journeyman

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman

Who's not to say there won't be a Metal Gear for the Wii U? Now, let's recap every Metal Gear game on a Nintendo console:
Metal Gear (NES) (Hated by Kojima, didn't work on it)
Snake's Revenge (NES) (The non-canon sequel to Metal Gear for the NES)
Metal Gear: Ghost Babel (GBC) (Critically acclaimed, considered one of the best Gameboy Color games ever)
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes (GC) (A remake of Metal Gear Solid, once again, highly praised for updating everything)
Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D (3DS) (A remake of Snake Eater, which was developed from scratch and, although everyone wasn't a big fan of the choppiness of the 3DS and strange controls, loved it)

Now, that leaves us with 5 Metal Gear games. And like I said, there could be more on their way. And, let's be honest, I'd be worried about my game selling on Wii U as well, due to its poor sales recently. I think that's why Kojima's so hesitant. Do you kinda see the situation now? Perhaps it's likely or unlikely from a personal type of view, but in a general view, it's a 50/50, no matter what (at least, for now). In a way, it's like the Ridley situation. We haven't seen full evidence supporting them coming back/being playable, but neither have we seen them 100% deconfirmed.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
When you compare it to the lost cause that is the Ridley situation I want to say it's 90/10 not going to happen :p.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
When you compare it to the lost cause that is the Ridley situation I want to say it's 90/10 not going to happen :p.
I just used it as an example, just in case you were a Ridley fan (I'm very doubtful he'll be playable... but, then again, there's not enough evidence to be sure) :D

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
The biggest thing to take into consideration is that when it comes to the inner workings of these "third party" deals we don't actually know the details of how they come to be. For example MM hasn't had a game in ages and none on a nintendo platform recently as well. Sure you can count the 3DS VC releases but if that's the case Metal Gear Solid GBC coming out on the VC would mean just as much for Snakes inclusion again. If were talking about current games and such being something needed to be in.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
The biggest thing to take into consideration is that when it comes to the inner workings of these "third party" deals we don't actually know the details of how they come to be. For example MM hasn't had a game in ages and none on a nintendo platform recently as well. Sure you can count the 3DS VC releases but if that's the case Metal Gear Solid GBC coming out on the VC would mean just as much for Snakes inclusion again. If were talking about current games and such being something needed to be in.
Mega Man has continually been on Nintendo consoles and handhelds in one form or another. Often with re-releases or in another form (another Mega Man). And of course I count VC releases but I also combine them with other releases. Metal Gear doesn't even compare. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_video_games

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
Mega Man has continually been on Nintendo consoles and handhelds in one form or another. Often with re-releases or in another form (another Mega Man). And of course I count VC releases but I also combine them with other releases. Metal Gear doesn't even compare. :p

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Mega_Man_video_games
The fact that Snake was already in Smash should be more than enough for most people.
It sort of debunked the whole "Nintendo History" angle most fans tend to present.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't debunk it because Snake's history has been since Brawl diverging more and more from Nintendo. He's on it less and less and on other consoles more and more. I'm not saying there's not a chance. I just think his chances are being overestimated.

Jawmuncher

Smash Journeyman
It doesn't debunk it because Snake's history has been since Brawl diverging more and more from Nintendo. He's on it less and less and on other consoles more and more. I'm not saying there's not a chance. I just think his chances are being overestimated.
It's all about how you want to look at it.
We really won't know anything until we get a confirmation or deconfirmation. Don't see the issue for those of us who want to root for his return.
Since as others have said even with what you're bringing to the table, he still sits at a 50/50 chance.

CaptainCrisb

Smash Journeyman
The battle about whether or not Snake is in is very debatable. This is a perfect example. Really, not even we can predict currently, especially since he's third-party. Which is why I tend to question this thread, no matter what, his chances will still be 50/50, no matter how many games, no matter other people's opinions, he's just... there.

Top Bottom