• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
One thing I’m disappointed about since the Mario survey is likely being scrapped altogether because it was publicly leaked is that I took it and when asked why I was excited to play the games, for one of my answers I picked “other” and wrote “because it has Vivian in it and she’s a trans woman like me!” And now Nintendo just isn’t going to look at that feedback. They’ll never know the difference that kind of representation can make to a person, at least not from this survey.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
We really need a couple more full time mods tbh. Sneaky can't be the only one.
Oh Sneaky is the only one since Ramen stepped down and Staindgrey went afk. There was another one but she didn't get promoted even thouvh she was arguably the most transparent so she left. Yeah, Social Thread mods don't last for long.

Make me mod. I won't do anything but I can put it on my presidental campaign resume.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Speaking of the Mario survey, last week or so I got an email with one that included a few questions about Paper Mario TTYD (like the one about which of the partners you like, what you like most about the game, if you’re gonna preorder it or get it after it releases or whenever, why are you interested, maybe more I don’t remember), but it also asked a few things like what consoles I play on, including XBox and I think PlayStation as options. Was that the same survey? It wasn’t the same as a fan’s recreation using a Google Survey, though, so maybe not, but it DID ask me about the paper plumber and his paisanos so idk. I think it may have mentioned the other Mario RPGs too, like maybe which ones I’ve played as well as which Paper Mario games I’ve played, but I’m not 100% sure about the former.

Looking back at my email, I think it was for Nintendo products in general, but it was just about Mario minus the console question and whatever other general questions it had.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Oh Sneaky is the only one since Ramen stepped down and Staindgrey went afk. There was another one but she didn't get promoted even thouvh she was arguably the most transparent so she left. Yeah, Social Thread mods don't last for long.

Make me mod. I won't do anything but I can put it on my presidental campaign resume.
Can we hold like, a mod election or something? I dunno even one more guy with an eye on this thread can prevent nonsense like earlier from happening. Those posts stayed up for like an hour.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Well a mod has to be someone with no life, no job, and termanilly online.
Kind of this for the most part. The big thing is knowing when to have the regular user hat on vs. the mod hat. lol

I know a couple people DMed me a few weeks ago about applying, but the decisions are at the Admin level, so I can't really speak to anything that happens after that in their private chats.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Idk what even happened earlier I just have context clues from the aftermath
tldr

Someone posted a bunch of anti-jew political cartoons and spamming "Anti-zionism isn't anti-semetic" They were trying to come off as Pro-Palestine but they were also being completely insincere by calling themselves like "Peepoo McGee".

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
Nice to know my spring semester of teaching is soon over. Cannot wait to get this semester done!

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There still isn't a holiday game set for this year, a new Mario Party could fill that void. It's a big name while also being a low stakes release that'll get them some extra dough while everyone is waiting for the next console.
Yeah I'm pretty confident we're getting a new Mario Party this year. Probably Superstars 2 because they're going to want to save a new game for a new console.

I pray to GIUSEPPE we get some Mario Party DS content.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Sylveon, Gardevoir, or Hatterene
Sylveon and Gardevoir are pretty good I'll give you that much. Sylveon is basically a dog who has the magic power to stop arguments and Gardevoir is basically a roommate and a very loyal buddy. But Hatterene...
1713672939599.png

I'd rather not get my stomach cut open just because I happened to be singing a song.

Luxray.

/Totallyunbiasedanswer
On the note of Luxray, I never got why some people tend to be like "lUxRaY shOuLdVe BeEn ElEcTrIc DaRk TyPe" It never really gave me dark type vibes, like it doesn't have that malevolent energy

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On the note of Luxray, I never got why some people tend to be like "lUxRaY shOuLdVe BeEn ElEcTrIc DaRk TyPe" It never really gave me dark type vibes, like it doesn't have that malevolent energy
I think it's mostly because of it's dark fur, default brooding expression, and the fact that making it part Dark-type could also potentially give it a better competitive edge.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Sylveon and Gardevoir are pretty good I'll give you that much. Sylveon is basically a dog who has the magic power to stop arguments and Gardevoir is basically a roommate and a very loyal buddy. But Hatterene...
View attachment 388279
I'd rather not get my stomach cut open just because I happened to be singing a song.

No you see, I have a strong psychic bond with my Hatterene because she met me when I was a small child and she was a Hatenna. She only attacks people who disrespect me.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I think it's mostly because of it's dark fur, default brooding expression, and the fact that making it part Dark-type could also potentially give it a better competitive edge.
I won't lie through my teeth and say I haven't thought some of my faves could get a second dual type as well. For a while I wanted my favorite Pokemon Tsareena to be Grass-Fighting type lol

No you see, I have a strong psychic bond with my Hatterene because she met me when I was a small child and she was a Hatenna. She only attacks people who disrespect me.
Alright I can't argue with that, I mean everyone else in the Pokemon world voids their bowels at the sight of my Tyrantrum but she's a sweet thing really who enjoys tummy pets, yeah she sometimes slaughters hundreds of Wooloo when she's peckish but we all have our demons right?

Drampa

They will destroy your enemies and you have a dragon
Not to mention they're fluffy

I am unironically a Magcargo enjoyer thanks to Primo in SoulSilver, I'd love to give a Magcargo lots of pets, but well y'know...

Noipoi

Howdy!
Noob. It wouldn't ACTUALLY be all that bad to be relatively close to one because of the physics of how temperature works. Watch a Gnoggin video.
IMG_8268.jpeg

You assume I haven’t. My post was made purely in jest. I understand how the intricacies of this world function more than most. Certainly more than you.

Watch your tongue around a Pokémon Master, knave

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 388280

You assume I haven’t. My post was made purely in jest. I understand how the intricacies of this world function more than most. Certainly more than you.

Watch your tongue around a Pokémon Master, knave
I assumed you were just making the oft repeated jest about "magcargo is hotter than the sun, how is the pokemon world not always on fire LOL". My mistake.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Name a better Pokemon to have in real life than Meganium

I'll wait
The Pokémon I’d love to have IRL include Sylveon, Quagsire, Torchic, Flygon, Primarina, Ribombee, Alolan Ratatta, Arcanine, Yamper, Smeargle, Granbull (most dog Pokémon tbh), Alolan Vulpix, Totodile, Miraidon and Ogerpon

Top Bottom