• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I always feel like I should like the Electric type more than I do.

By itself it's a very cool type, but I've never really been attached to its roster that much. There's some cool **** in there like Electrabuzz, Ampharos, Manectric, Eelektross and Toxtricity, but outside of my boy Pachirisu there's never been a Pokemon in the type I've been that attached to in the same way types like Normal, Grass, Bug and the like have given me.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
The only thing I'm missing for 100% completion in Pikmin 2 are the caves in the last area

Gonna do them tomorrow but Ima be real based on the one milisecond I spent on the first one I'm pretty terrified

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
If Me, Noi and Mighty all played lethal company together, I feel they would ring the bell at the boss to sell our **** so much, run off and have me get killed

Then I get payback by not telling them the jack in the box is in the same room as them

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Me: Asks for a trans character in my favorite fighting game so I feel represented and included in one of my favorite universe.
The other bozos on Ultra-Combo Forums: Why are you forcing politics into video games!?! That kind of thing isn't important to a character in a fighting game!
Me: Meme can not be embeded

Shroob

Sup?
Me: Asks for a trans character in my favorite fighting game so I feel represented and included in one of my favorite universe.
The other bozos on Ultra-Combo Forums: Why are you forcing politics into video games!?! That kind of thing isn't important to a character in a fighting game!
Me: Meme can not be embeded
Meme can not be embeded is a hell of a comeback ngl

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was just told this by someone on the ultra combo forums.

“But what would be the point of having more gender diversity when ultimately it’s not going to mount to much in terms of sales?”

Like bruh what? How do I even respond to that?

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Better question.

Why are you on a website that acts this way?
I’ve been on that site since the KI reboot was new and I was in high school. Back then I thought it was fine and the people there were cool. And it is the forums section on the official KI website so the devs would sometimes look at the stuff people were posting and comment and respond.

But now that this kind of person is on the site regularly… I mean maybe I should leave but also like… I don’t know where else to go yo talk about that common interest.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I was just told this by someone on the ultra combo forums.

“But what would be the point of having more gender diversity when ultimately it’s not going to mount to much in terms of sales?”

Like bruh what? How do I even respond to that?
Snake stop getting involved in drama on other forums and running back to tell us about it.

Tell 'em to suck a **** or just stop engaging with them all together. Either way just leave me out of it :239:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake stop getting involved in drama on other forums and running back to tell us about it.

Tell 'em to suck a **** or just stop engaging with them all together. Either way just leave me out of it :239:
I mean, when a frustrating situation happens I’m gonna try to get support from people I trust. And I can’t talk to my family about this stuff cause they’ll just say it’s all stupid. So… you guys.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I mean, when a frustrating situation happens I’m gonna try to get support from people I trust. And I can’t talk to my family about this stuff cause they’ll just say it’s all stupid. So… you guys.
Well you are right that wanting a transgender character isn't political. But it sounds like that website is being very disingenous and isn't doing anything to curb transphobia and sexism over there given that you seem to get into a lot of argumemts despite seemingly innocent requests. It's best to not hang out there anymore for your own sake, cause it can easily get ugly.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You’re an endless font of sarcasm and mockery. But you’re also one of my closest and only friends since I only have one irl.
It's getting warmer. Maybe try going out some more and meeting people irl. It can really help a mental state instead of going online and falling into self destructive habits or falling into the wrong, toxic communities with no way to claw out.

What you're describing doesn't sound healthy at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Forums should be a place you post when you're bored and not much else. Getting too invested in them can be bad in the long run.
Yeah, exactly!

And if you have a lot of posts, say over 50,000 for instance, you should just throw in the towel because no amount of grass touching will save you :nifty:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
If Lucina can be the antagonist of Peppa Pig, why can't a Xenoblade girl be the antagonist of another preschooler show?
I want to see Melia become the villain of Octonauts now

While we're at it, can Cynthia from Pokemon also become the villain of Little Einsteins, cuz her battle song could have some fire lyrics set to it

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Ok. I just went down my stairs in the dark with only a flashlight and I swear I saw a Freddy Fazbear head on the bookcase at the bottom for a split second.
This reminds me of a dream I once had. Back when FNaF 2 and 3 were still new, I had a mild nightmare where some of the FNaF animatronics were actually in my house once.

Most of them were just the FNaF 2 withered versions of the original crew, but there were also two new ones that smaller than the rest and looked like demented Muppet-style characters, and another brand new one that looked like a badly damaged wolf animatrominc that looked even more vicious than Foxy.

I don't remember much else about the dream, other than everyone including myself thinking they were just Halloween decorations at first, and that I eventually left the house after learning that they weren't and that there would be a period where they would gradually activate like in the games, only for some of them to follow me for miles anyway.

I say "mild" because there were no scares in the nightmare beyond the animatronics being there to begin with and later trailing me even after I got out of the house.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I don’t get it
It's a meme where someone saw this brand of cartoon bear-themed trash cans in Poland and either thought it was or joked about it looking like Freddy Fazbear, then humming part of the Toreador March.

The video itself went viral and the clip and line have since been used as jokes whenever Freddy or almost any other bear character shows up.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This reminds me of a dream I once had. Back when FNaF 2 and 3 were still new, I had a mild nightmare where some of the FNaF animatronics were actually in my house once.

Most of them were just the FNaF 2 withered versions of the original crew, but there were also two new ones that smaller than the rest and looked like demented Muppet-style characters, and another brand new one that looked like a badly damaged wolf animatrominc that looked even more vicious than Foxy.

I don't remember much else about the dream, other than everyone including myself thinking they were just Halloween decorations at first, and that I eventually left the house after learning that they weren't and that there would be a period where they would gradually activate like in the games, only for some of them to follow me for miles anyway.

I say "mild" because there were no scares in the nightmare beyond the animatronics being there to begin with and later trailing me even after I got out of the house.
Man back in those days the characters would terrify me so much I had to sleep with my lights on and with my windows covered up by a sheet. And I was in high school.

Now I sleep with plushies of the characters in my bed!

Though I do swear that one time I went downstairs and used the bathroom down there really late at night/early in the morning and heard something with servo style joints moving around. No idea what that could have been and was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But in that moment all I could think was “Freddy is in my living room, I can NOT leave this bathroom the size of a closet”.
What will it be fellas?

Mustard? Or Ketchup?

👋🦵
Ketchup in general but I put both on my burgers.
It's a meme where someone saw this brand of cartoon bear-themed trash cans in Poland and either thought it was or joked about it looking like Freddy Fazbear, then humming part of the Toreador March.

The video itself went viral and the clip and line have since been used as jokes whenever Freddy or almost any other bear character shows up.
Ah. I see. Cultural references I do not get.

Noipoi

Howdy!
What will it be fellas?

Mustard? Or Ketchup?

👋🦵
Kustard

When the first game came out I had a dream where Foxy was in my little Jersey apartment. Feared for my life.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Kustard

When the first game came out I had a dream where Foxy was in my little Jersey apartment. Feared for my life.
I took the bus home from school and once I fell asleep on there and dreamt Freddy was following the bus in the distance.

Add to that my nightly fear that Bonnie would suddenly open my door and grab me and my life was not pleasant for a long while.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Man back in those days the characters would terrify me so much I had to sleep with my lights on and with my windows covered up by a sheet. And I was in high school.

Now I sleep with plushies of the characters in my bed!

Though I do swear that one time I went downstairs and used the bathroom down there really late at night/early in the morning and heard something with servo style joints moving around. No idea what that could have been and was probably just my mind playing tricks on me. But in that moment all I could think was “Freddy is in my living room, I can NOT leave this bathroom the size of a closet”.
Kustard

The nostalgia for the series is real, but while the games haven't totally lost their scare factors, man were the games much more frightening when they were brand new and I was still in my teenage years.

If it's not nightmares about them, it's paranoia or just generally being unnerved by the more uncanny aspects of their design. And to this day, Foxy and Freddy seemed to be the ones that induced the most fear in people (besides maybe Springtrap, but he came much later than than the rest).

Despite all that, the games and characters remain popular enough to have merchandise and for people to be able to separate the horror element from them outside of the mainline games. It's pretty amazing what the series has been through and how it's impacted pop culture.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The nostalgia for the series is real, but while the games haven't totally lost their scare factors, man were the games much more frightening when they were brand new and I was still in my teenage years.

If it's not nightmares about them, it's paranoia or just generally being unnerved by the more uncanny aspects of their design. And to this day, Foxy and Freddy seemed to be the ones that induced the most fear in people (besides maybe Springtrap, but he came much later than than the rest).

Despite all that, the games and characters remain popular enough to have merchandise and for people to be able to separate the horror element from them outside of the mainline games. It's pretty amazing what the series has been through and how it's impacted pop culture.
I was most afraid of Bonnie. Scott was right, that rabbit was nightmare fuel. Foxy was a close second though.

Top Bottom