• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Antonblast

Votes: 9 39.1%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 17.4%
  • Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 30.4%

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Back from Godzilla x Kong. It felt felt a bit too safe IMO. I can't think of any wow or hype moments for me personally, but I can't think of any facepalm moments either.
The way I saw the film, it was basically a film in the form of a Saturday Morning Cartoon on a high budget. I think that's what Adam Wingard was trying to go for.

Trapper notably reminded me of a character from G.I. Joe lol.

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
These are future projects I'd love to see for the MonsterVerse going forward.

-Godzilla B.C. animated series directed by Genndy Tartakovsky (This exploring our ancient ancestors worshipping titans back then, the Godzilla-Kong War caused by Skar King which eventually led to him and his army being imprisoned, The Titan War between humans and titans, King Ghidorah's arrival, MUTOs wiping out Godzilla's kind, etc., exploring backstories of titans like Behemoth, etc.)
-Godzilla animated series set between KotM and GvK similar to Godzilla: The Animated Series where MONARCH follows Godzilla in his new role as Alpha Titan as he keeps balance of the planet
-Marlow and Gunpei spin-off live-action series involving their time surviving on Skull Island
-MonsterVerse documentary series (Episodes focusing on different species whether titans themselves or other superspecies like warbats and spineprowlers)
-MonsterVerse console games like an action-adventure and fighting games
-Solo Godzilla film potentially called Godzilla: Biohazard
-Solo Kong film with a GoW (2018)-esque plot revolving around Kong and Suko traversing through the hollow earth. My idea for the title would be Kong: Trials of a King.
-Solo Mothra film/mini-series
-Solo Rodan film/mini-series in the style and direction of Top Gun
Extremely unlikely but hoping the chance of a Godzilla vs. Gamera and solo Gamera film following it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
These are future projects I'd love to see for the MonsterVerse going forward.

-Godzilla B.C. animated series directed by Genndy Tartakovsky (This exploring our ancient ancestors worshipping titans back then, the Godzilla-Kong War caused by Skar King which eventually led to him and his army being imprisoned, The Titan War between humans and titans, King Ghidorah's arrival, MUTOs wiping out Godzilla's kind, etc., exploring backstories of titans like Behemoth, etc.)
-Godzilla animated series set between KotM and GvK similar to Godzilla: The Animated Series where MONARCH follows Godzilla in his new role as Alpha Titan as he keeps balance of the planet
-Marlow and Gunpei spin-off live-action series involving their time surviving on Skull Island
-MonsterVerse documentary series (Episodes focusing on different species whether titans themselves or other superspecies like warbats and spineprowlers)
-MonsterVerse console games like an action-adventure and fighting games
-Solo Godzilla film potentially called Godzilla: Biohazard
-Solo Kong film with a GoW (2018)-esque plot revolving around Kong and Suko traversing through the hollow earth. My idea for the title would be Kong: Trials of a King.
-Solo Mothra film/mini-series
-Solo Rodan film/mini-series in the style and direction of Top Gun
Extremely unlikely but hoping the chance of a Godzilla vs. Gamera and solo Gamera film following it.
Not quite as unlikely as Gamera but still pretty unlikely. Ultraman.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Not quite as unlikely as Gamera but still pretty unlikely. Ultraman.
As much as I like Ultraman, I don't think he'd fit in the MonsterVerse.

Plus my idea for Gamera in the MonsterVerse actually being an extraterrestrial living up to his "Guardian of the Universe" title where he keeps balance of the cosmos just like Godzilla does with earth's surface and Kong with the hollow earth, making him another parallel to them of a particular domain they protect. So Gamera would already have that role Ultraman basically has, plus I feel it'd be a new spin on Gamera's character in terms of his origins.

Gamera ends up coming to earth because he had been tracking down King Ghidorah and finally locates him on earth not knowing by then he's since been defeated and killed by Godzilla. Due to Godzilla's bad experience with extraterrestrial titans, he assumes Gamera is the same in nature leading to their fight.

The true villain eventually appears Ren Serizawa/King Ghidorah, which as depicted in GvK, what we assumed was the former being electruted was actually King Ghidorah transferring a part of his conciousness into him to use as a vessel and had since been walking amongst society waiting for the right time to strike back before regenerating out of him.

Either the misunderstanding is cleared up or Gamera saves Godzilla's life where they then team up and finally defeat and kill King Ghidorah for good. Due to his duties protecting the cosmos, Gamera departs but knowing earth is in good hands with Godzilla, returning once in a while because during his time there, he grew attached to humanity and feels they're worth protecting being unique and reminding him of his creators.

Then a solo Gamera film exploring his backstory and what lead to his creation by said ancient alien race long ago to protect the unvierse against his eternal nemesis, the Gyaos. This could also explore the cosmic side of MonsterVerse's lore such as King Ghidorah's species where they're depicted as a species that invades other planets and terraforms them, which was why Gamera was after King Ghidorah in the first place.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Has anyone played any good Indie games lately?

Doesn't matter if they're more well-known games that were a big hit or a lesser known games.
Penny's Big Breakaway has been an absolute blast to 100% with an incredibly fun twin stick control scheme I highly recommend, it's one of those games which is very satisfying to master and just zip and zoom everywhere

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I honestly can see Ash-Greninja not appearing in Legends: Z-A, considering its absence in SV and that Ash Ketchum's anime story is done.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yeah I whip up broccoli, cauliflower and carrots damn near every day I work for my lunch break. If you don't like those, chances are you're boiling them too long which gets em mushy and actually burns out the vitamins, if it's meant to boil for like 4-6 minutes, try the lower end, the crunchier texture really is an improvement

StrangeKitten

Smash Lord

Choose your character.
People keep saying Young Mufasa is a bottom 2 character. They're wrong, though. He's at least a mid tier. I hope a Mufasa player eventually gets good enough to show everyone how much potential he has!

Also, they really need to nerf Moana. What were they thinking giving her such powerful water attacks that all outrange everything? I hope the devs do something soon, otherwise the meta is going to get stale with everyone picking either her, or using Mando for his projectiles as a soft counter. Mufasa fortunately does reasonably well in the Moana MU, but still.

Top Bottom