• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Noipoi

Howdy!
Everyone is so sad that they won't be able to play Splatoon 1 anymore online while I'm over here with absolutely no emotional attachment to the game at all
There's a lot of emotional attachment to Splatoon 1. At a time when the Wii U was essentially dead in the water Nintendo comes out with an exciting new IP, a really fun game in a creative world with great characters and LOOORE. There was a lotta hype around this game's release, for a hot second it felt like Splatoon might help the Wii U persevere. It obviously didn't but the franchise was strong enough to survive the great Wii U catastrophe.

Also the kids who played it when it was new are now late teens/early 20s, so there's the nostalgia factor too.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
Do you think the next Nintendo console should have more ports of games from previous consoles?

On a further note, should it have backwards compatibility for Switch games?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
There's a lot of emotional attachment to Splatoon 1. At a time when the Wii U was essentially dead in the water Nintendo comes out with an exciting new IP, a really fun game in a creative world with great characters and LOOORE. There was a lotta hype around this game's release, for a hot second it felt like Splatoon might help the Wii U persevere. It obviously didn't but the franchise was strong enough to survive the great Wii U catastrophe.

Also the kids who played it when it was new are now late teens/early 20s, so there's the nostalgia factor too.
That, i understand, splatoon 1 suerly made an impact on my if I got the 3rd game lol but, for some reason, im not as sad as everyone else that i cant play it online anymore

Last edited:

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
We need Nintendo and Retro Studios to make a new Donkey Kong Country and bring back King K. Rool as the villain. We gotta get the Kremlings back! :ultkrool:

Oh, and they should definitely bring back David Wise for the soundtrack.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
We need Nintendo and Retro Studios to make a new Donkey Kong Country and bring back King K. Rool as the villain. We gotta get the Kremlings back! :ultkrool:

Oh, and they should definitely bring back David Wise for the soundtrack.
I will say that whenever they get around to making a new DK game, Y’know in 50 years, I do think that they’ll bring K Rool back. They see the reaction he got in Smash bros, they know he’s marketable now.

Gonna ask this again since no one responded to it:

Just asking this around since I only ever got the Moon version of the game.
I’ll see what I can do, I’ll hit you up soon if I can help.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Do you think the next Nintendo console should have more ports of games from previous consoles?

Both. They need to like... go overtime on remaking DS, 3DS, Wii, and Wii U games to remove their gimmicks (no more motion controls, touch screens, or dual screens) so they can be evergreen titles in the same way NES, SNES, GB/C, GBA, N64, and Game Cube games are. And maybe they should put GameCube on NSO? Or they could just do more remasters of the titles? I'm not sure which is more likely. And of course it should be backwards compatible with switch games. And the entire NSO catalogue. If they insist on starting us with just the basics and drip feeding us again then that will be the worst decision they could make.

Also side note, Microsoft, bubby, please bring more Rare games to the Nintendo family of systems besides the ones that can go on NSO. I'm talking ZX Spectrum games, Commodore 64 games, Arcade games, Xbox and Xbox 360 games. Please! Especially from the buyout era, so many of Rare's catalogue was perfect for the Nintendo audience and they just never got to play them because they were stuck on Xbox.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Finished Attack on Titan season 1. The first 15 episodes showed potential but I didn't really get much out of them. Then the second arc started and I accidentally binged 10 episodes in a single afternoon and now I'm basically committed

Still don't know how I feel about it but I heard it gets better after season 1, hopefully I'll enjoy it
I watched season 1 a couple of years ago. I liked it enough, but overall it wasn't for me (at the time). Maybe I'll give it another try at some point.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I watched season 1 a couple of years ago. I liked it enough, but overall it wasn't for me (at the time). Maybe I'll give it another try at some point.
I'm not sure it's for me either. I'm not really attached to any of the characters so far (though some do seem like they have potential) and like I said, I found the first couple episodes kinda boring.

But I did find the setting and conflict intriguing and the action and direction is pretty ****ing great, and overall I find the ongoing narrative intriguing enough to continue to season 2. I am cautious because of the fascist allegations but art is art, even if I don't agree with what it has to say

Dukefire

Smash Master

They should if the console is another version of the switch.
If not......well, Nintendo is losing out on profit. Sucks if the backwards compatibility is only digital.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

I have one key memory of my mom waking us up at 6am in the morning to drive to target the day the game launched, we were one of the first in the door one of the first out the moment the store opened. we got Splatoon 1 + the amiibos xd.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
If you must know what is in the mystery box, there is A LOT:
  • José Ramírez figure
  • Javier Baez baseball card
  • Street Fighter Ryu keychain
  • Autographed picture of Warwick Davis
  • Captain America apron
  • Diablo III stickers
  • Dr. Who sticker
  • Dr. Who lanyard
  • Yo-Kai Watch drinking bottle
  • A coffee mug of with a unicorn and the text, "Keep Calm and Poop Rainbows"
  • Make your own bowtie kit
  • Wine cork that looks like the Master Sword
  • Vikings journal
  • Suicide Squad Slipknot pin
  • My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle hat
  • Marvel Avengers comic
  • Red Sonja comic
  • The Mandalorian Grogu pin
  • West World blanket
  • Some sort of Transformers Shockwave figure
Hard to say that I've made a good investment, ngl.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you must know what is in the mystery box, there is A LOT:
  • José Ramírez figure
  • Javier Baez baseball card
  • Street Fighter Ryu keychain
  • Autographed picture of Warwick Davis
  • Captain America apron
  • Diablo III stickers
  • Dr. Who sticker
  • Dr. Who lanyard
  • Yo-Kai Watch drinking bottle
  • A coffee mug of with a unicorn and the text, "Keep Calm and Poop Rainbows"
  • Make your own bowtie kit
  • Wine cork that looks like the Master Sword
  • Vikings journal
  • Suicide Squad Slipknot pin
  • My Little Pony Twilight Sparkle hat
  • Marvel Avengers comic
  • Red Sonja comic
  • The Mandalorian Grogu pin
  • West World blanket
  • Some sort of Transformers Shockwave figure
Hard to say that I've made a good investment, ngl.
The Baez baseball card may be the most expensive thing from that list, depending on the team and card.

Idk where you're at but people love him over here in Chicago.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Gonna make smash movesets for the four rare characters I think should still be in smash. Conker, Joanna Dark, the Battletoads, and Fulgore. Might conceptualize a few stages too.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Well, scratch playing Splatoon 1.
My Gamepad's battery decided to crap out on me at the last minute and it won't turn on.

Everything I looked up said it could happen from disuse, but it worked just fine about 2 weeks ago when I was playing OG Mario Kart 8.

Granted, the last time I used it before that was probably when Miiverse was shutting down back in 2017.
I guess racing on Baby Park one too many times was enough to finally make it give up the ghost.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Ha ha! Take that Space Jam: A New Legacy!

The movie is so heinous, Canon Rick and Morty didn't want anything to do with the movie and killed their counterparts of that verse.

Lol.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Saw Godzilla X Kong The New Empire earlier today.
A lot more kaiju/titan battles than I was expecting and some stuff was spoiled for me MOST EGREGIOUSLY Mothra's revival.
Still it was easily the most fun movie I watched in theaters this year.
Dune Part 2 is still the best film I watched so far, but it was marred by my experience at AMC Theaters.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I liked that movie but sure. This isn't childish old news at all.
Have you played dodgeball?

Just wondering, because while I would not participate, I can imagine people here throwing dodge-no no, basketballs at you for saying that.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Have you played dodgeball?

Just wondering, because while I would not participate, I can imagine people here throwing dodge-no no, basketballs at you for saying that.
I have. And if people want to come at me for liking a movie then fine.

I might not have a perfect track record of not doing this, but IMHO i think it's really childish to bring something up you don't like just to "dunk" on it.

Top Bottom