• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
My cat just dropped dead at my feet with no prior signs that something was wrong with him. To say that I'm devastated right now would be an understatement.

He was my little cuddle buddy and had the sweetest (and loudest) purr. I would wake up every morning to him ambushing me in the hallway with his affection and he would dead weight on my feet to try and prevent me from going anywhere.

I'm really going to miss him
It hurts losing a loved one like that, cats usually know when they're about to die so if it's any consolation, dying by your side meant he truly loved you and felt safe at your side

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
My cat just dropped dead at my feet with no prior signs that something was wrong with him. To say that I'm devastated right now would be an understatement.

He was my little cuddle buddy and had the sweetest (and loudest) purr. I would wake up every morning to him ambushing me in the hallway with his affection and he would dead weight on my feet to try and prevent me from going anywhere.

I'm really going to miss him
Remind me of my sis bunnies. Sorry for your lost and hope you the best.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If I had a nickel for every time a modern adult cartoon had an episode premise that culminated in a smash joke,

I’d have two nickels, which isn’t a lot, but it’s weird that it happened twice.

This does make me wonder, how many other shows will be referencing smash. Like the ultimate hype cycle was just that big, it had a huge effect on pop culture apparently.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So we talk about childhood shows and stuff that we watched, did y'all have a game show that y'all watched the hell out of?

Deal or No Deal was my jam growing up. There's something ao fun yet embarrassing seeing dudes pass up 6 figs for 1 million only for them to mess it up the next round.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hey so dumb question, what music do you all recommend? Be it an anime opening, game music or god forbid, actual music. I'm making a playlist for my workouts and although there's already a ****ton to look through, I'm aware of my own issues about not really listening to stuff I don't already know, genres don't really matter here.

Also, if you want to suggest music from a game with a playable character in Smash, don't cause trust me, I'll find it on my own, if you know of something you think or know I like, do suggest it as there's only so much music I remember off the top of my head and finally, please do NOT embed links and stuff cause that can kill this site for mobile users

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hey so dumb question, what music do you all recommend? Be it an anime opening, game music or god forbid, actual music. I'm making a playlist for my workouts and although there's already a ****ton to look through, I'm aware of my own issues about not really listening to stuff I don't already know, genres don't really matter here.

Also, if you want to suggest music from a game with a playable character in Smash, don't cause trust me, I'll find it on my own, if you know of something you think or know I like, do suggest it as there's only so much music I remember off the top of my head and finally, please do NOT embed links and stuff cause that can kill this site for mobile users
For workouts?

Have you heard of the obscure Persona 5 soundtrack?

Noipoi

Howdy!

When you just gotta be a hero

Jondolio

Smash Hero

The Undertale/Deltarune OST. Toby Fox might be my top 1 video game composer (though I'm ashamed to admit I don't actually know too many by name)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Ok but seriously, workouts are usually high intensity adrenaline filled so you usually want something to reflect that. So I presemt a list

VGM:
  • Sonic, especially the main themes of games.
  • DMC.
  • Fighting games in general are always a good place to look at, they're full of them
  • Celeste has a couple good ones
  • The main theme of TWEWY. Especially the KH remix.

Actual Music:
  • The sterotype is rock music, and yeah I agree. 80-00s rock is filled with all that blood pumping headbanging stuff. Stuff like Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Metallica, etc.
  • There's some rappers out there, but idk what you're sensibilities are so it makes it hard to evaluate

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Ok but seriously, workouts are usually high intensity adrenaline filled so you usually want something to reflect that. So I presemt a list

VGM:
  • Sonic, especially the main themes of games.
  • DMC.
  • Fighting games in general are always a good place to look at, they're full of them
  • Celeste has a couple good ones
  • The main theme of TWEWY. Especially the KH remix.

Actual Music:
  • The sterotype is rock music, and yeah I agree. 80-00s rock is filled with all that blood pumping headbanging stuff. Stuff like Guns n Roses, Aerosmith, Metallica, etc.
  • There's some rappers out there, but idk what you're sensibilities are so it makes it hard to evaluate
Already got a bunch of the VGMs in there, TWEWY is honestly such a ****in banger series and more people should play it, as for sensibilities, idk what you mean. Like, I'm not gonna clutch my pearls when hearing black people use the N word and I'm not a Catholic so I'm not scared of sex lmao.

cashregister9

Smash Hero

One of my Favorite Bands of all time is King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard, They can probably be categorized as Psyche rock but they have a wide variety from Doom Metal to Acoustic Jazz. Nonagon Infinity, PetroDragonic Apocalypse and Infest The Rats Nest are the albums I would recommend for Workouts as they are the albums that have the most energetic tracks, but all of their albums are great but very different from one another and some are terrible for workouts.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Already got a bunch of the VGMs in there, TWEWY is honestly such a ****in banger series and more people should play it, as for sensibilities, idk what you mean. Like, I'm not gonna clutch my pearls when hearing black people use the N word and I'm not a Catholic so I'm not scared of sex lmao.
Well I was moreso referring that some use the F-Slur, some more liberally than others and idk how you felt about that.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Good call, I'd rather not have that, thanks for double checking
Yeah.

That slashes the list down by like all of them.

Well actually, there is some lady rappers out there you may like. Megan Thee Stallion for example is all party music but her entire schtick is her doing "hot girl ****" which makes ladies feel like they're doing "hot girl ****" and idk, maybe you want to feel like a hot girl doing hot girl ****.

Idk I'm spitballing here.

I'd also check out pop music as well.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah.

That slashes the list down by like all of them.

Well actually, there is some lady rappers out there you may like. Megan Thee Stallion for example is all party music but her entire schtick is her doing "hot girl *" which makes ladies feel like they're doing "hot girl *" and idk, maybe you want to feel like a hot girl doing hot girl ****.

Idk I'm spitballing here.
Damn, I heard homophobia was an issue for a long ass time but that's wild lmao. As for hot girl ****, I've recently done the unthinkable and tried makeup and proper care of my nails and **** so yeah I'm down for that

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Damn, I heard homophobia was an issue for a long ass time but that's wild lmao. As for hot girl *, I've recently done the unthinkable and tried makeup and proper care of my nails and * so yeah I'm down for that
Yeah, my favorite rapper atm uses (or at least used to) it a lot but he mellowed out somewhat when he came out as bisexual.

But yeah, I think lady rappers are more of your cup of tea, the homophobia isn't as bad cause a lot of them actually are gay/bi. I won't reccomend any guy rappers because a lot of them use it and I am not combing through lyrics to reccomend specific songs.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God I hate debating characters merits for inclusion in games like smash based on “impact” and “popularity”. Two things which are so ****ing hard to measure unless you’re an omniscient mind reader who asks literally everyone their opinions. Not to mention the fact that we don’t even know if that’s something Nintendo even cares about when picking characters. Like, they might not really have cared why people voted for specific characters in the smash ballot they just wanted that list of names with numbers attached.

I know it’s ridiculous to get angry at this but I don’t think I’m angry at the situation. I think I’m just angry at the specific person I was just arguing with for arguing with me when I just said “I wish these characters were in smash, they would be if I had any say” and then they come back at me with like “well they’re irrelevant and weren’t actually that relevant back then anyway and history means Jack **** so it’s never gonna happen” like dude come on what reaction did you think that kind of stuff would garner. Like what’s the point in going straight to the defeatist “it’s never gonna happen” monologue. Like don’t you think I know how unlikely it is? Do you think that if I bring it up at all that means I’m too hopeful and need to be suppressed? What’s the deal here?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, my favorite rapper atm uses (or at least used to) it a lot but he mellowed out somewhat when he came out as bisexual.

But yeah, I think lady rappers are more of your cup of tea, the homophobia isn't as bad cause a lot of them actually are gay/bi. I won't reccomend any guy rappers because a lot of them use it and I am not combing through lyrics to reccomend specific songs.
Hit me up with some songs you recommend then. If they're queer then I don't really care as much about that slur tbh but I need a list of songs cause names make me too scared to listen cause what the **** do I pick

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Killer Instinct 2013’s OST. I will always recommend that.
Yeah debating Smash characters is dumb.

Anyways, Maxwell from Scribblenauts or bust
BrawlFan1 made a really cool moveset for him that I like a lot. Made basically every special Hero’s down b. Even the final smash. Looked complicated to develop but it looked so fun to play.

Wonder how he would look in 3D? Like if they would keep the kind of ball and socket joints thing he has going on.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_2606.jpeg

ok this is way too coincidental…if Shameik and Hailee end up following the same paths then it must be destiny

Top Bottom