• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hey guys, I have a bunch of amiibo. In the past, I've just put them all on a long shelf. But I want something a bit more interesting. I'd like all of them to be visible. Do you guys know any ways to display a lot of amiibo in a cool way?
there’s always the collectors shelf sort of thing most people do nowadays

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
It'll probably never happen, and I doubt either SEGA or Nintendo would be willing to do it, but if the next Nintendo console still lets us play games from older consoles… I think it’d be pretty cool if they brought in games from the SEGA Saturn library (E.G. Panzer Dragoon, Daytona USA, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Burning Rangers)

And then maybe the Dreamcast.

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Hey guys, I have a bunch of amiibo. In the past, I've just put them all on a long shelf. But I want something a bit more interesting. I'd like all of them to be visible. Do you guys know any ways to display a lot of amiibo in a cool way?
I usually keep mine in curio cabinets along with some Disney sculptures and other licensed items.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I recently got a Spice Rack for that same purpose

I'm not sure if this is the same one but it is really close, it perfectly fits amiibo

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
It'll probably never happen, and I doubt either SEGA or Nintendo would be willing to do it, but if the next Nintendo console still lets us play games from older consoles… I think it’d be pretty cool if they brought in games from the SEGA Saturn library (E.G. Panzer Dragoon, Daytona USA, NiGHTS Into Dreams, Burning Rangers)

And then maybe the Dreamcast.
You'll get Mega Drive/Genesis and you'll like it.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hope that some day a playable build of Twelve Tales: Conker 64 leaks and the fans start fixing it up the way they are with Dinosaur Planet. Bad Fur Day is great, but having played it I guarantee I would have liked Twelve Tales way more and I yearn for some sort of ideal timeline where we had been able to get both that game and Bad Fur Day so I can have this game I yearn to play and would have preferred without taking Bad Fur Day away from the people who love it.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Judges discussing this to each other like
View attachment 387180

(Yes this is actually pretty bad on principle especially with the growing percentage of foreign people living in Japan)
Japan looking for new ways to discriminate against foreigeners
They literslly probably just killed off a massive chunk of their player base, wonder how this is gonna go over

And in other news
Tekken 8 now has a battle pass. Pour one out

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
They literslly probably just killed off a massive chunk of their player base, wonder how this is gonna go over

And in other news
Tekken 8 now has a battle pass. Pour one out
They’re afraid of him.

1711806772174.png

He made me pick up Exodia again after winning a regionals with a pendulum warrior pile FTK.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ruri Dragon might just be the best ongoing series in Shonen Jump atm - not counting One Piece.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
I'm about to go to yugioh locals wearing a dresss aaaa I'm so nervous even though presenting as fem yesterday got me and wearing my con badge got no comments

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ruri Dragon might just be the best ongoing series in Shonen Jump atm - not counting One Piece.
How many series in Shonen Jump can there be? Makes building my DC Comics vs. Shonen Jump fighting game concept a never ending nightmare.

Also when is Jump gonna get its big female character. Goku is it’s Superman, Naruto is its Batman, but it doesn’t have a Wonder Woman. Just a bunch of other male lead series with supporting female characters.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
How many series in Shonen Jump can there be? Makes building my DC Comics vs. Shonen Jump fighting game concept a never ending nightmare.

Also when is Jump gonna get its big female character. Goku is it’s Superman, Naruto is its Batman, but it doesn’t have a Wonder Woman. Just a bunch of other male lead series with supporting female characters.
There is a bajilion series that have been serialized in Junp over the years, you cannot possibly hope to include all of them

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
There are way too many series to include but DC also has like a billion characters so it balances out.

I can think of a few series with a female protagonist but yeah, non of these are particularly huge or action-oriented. On the bright-side, there are more and more manga with a roughly equal focus on co-protagonists in which one of them is a girl.

EDIT: Jump+/Manga+ titles are usually a little better in this regard imo.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I didn't see this part until after I replied, and as a jump nerd this makes me irrationally angry.

It's a false equivalence. There is no Batman and Wonder Woman for Jump because jump isn't a connected universe like DC, it's a magazine with a bunch of titles that take place in radically different worlds. Goku is the only one comparable to a DC character because Superman is one of the many inspirations for the character. And I don't get equating Naruto to Batman because those two characters have nothing in common.

As for the female character thing, there are plenty of choices like osby said but none that star in major action series. Shonen Jump is targeted primarily at boys so the chance that such a character that compares to Wonder Woman will ever exist is basically nonexistent.

ninjahmos

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-8579-4123-9016
It probably won't happen anytime soon (if ever), but I kind of would like KOEI Tecmo to remaster/remake the older Dynasty Warriors and Samurai Warriors games.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Had a dream last night where I asked you guys about what kinds of luxury fragrances you'd create, and who else but JESSIE OF TEAM ROCKET popped in and answered my question.

She actually seemed pretty chill too
Im shocked it wasnt James that showed up

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Oh wait, I forgot to mention when talking about ignored Pokemon I like that I really like Diggersby as well.

Partial ground type, giving it a reliable way to hit ghost types without Levitate, plus an electric immunity. It also LEARNS EARTHQUAKE NATURALLY, and it has my favorite ability Pickup as one of its abilities. Also I get the feeling it'd give some really nice hugs as well. Not to mention it was one of the first Pokemon I ever actively used in a playthrough. Love this thing.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Had a dream last night where I asked you guys about what kinds of luxury fragrances you'd create, and who else but JESSIE OF TEAM ROCKET popped in and answered my question.

She actually seemed pretty chill too
Dating Ash's mother mellowed her out over the years so thaf's not surprising
Oh wait, I forgot to mention when talking about ignored Pokemon I like that I really like Diggersby as well.

Partial ground type, giving it a reliable way to hit ghost types without Levitate, plus an electric immunity. It also LEARNS EARTHQUAKE NATURALLY, and it has my favorite ability Pickup as one of its abilities. Also I get the feeling it'd give some really nice hugs as well. Not to mention it was one of the first Pokemon I ever actively used in a playthrough. Love this thing.
Yo, Diggersby tho? God that brings back memories, massive ugly **** being surprisingly strong was the funniest ****

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Dating Ash's mother mellowed her out over the years so thaf's not surprising
I STARTED THINKING ABOUT THAT SHIP IMMEDIATELY AFTER WAKING UP SJODFOPPS-

Which reminds me of a story I once heard from ColeyDoesThings' channel. There was a tumblr user who ran a poll series about non-canon homosexual couples and included Jessie and Ash's mom as a part of it. Said Tumblr user was a huge Ace Attorney fan and was desperate for the Phoenix/Miles ship to win. You can imagine that's not what happened, Jessie/Ash's mom managed to edge it out, and the Tumblr user threw a ***** fit about it and eventually deactivated their account out of bitterness. It was really funny.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finished all that I wanted to do with 3DS and Wii U online.

Once the online dies I'll connect to the Pretendo Network.

Top Bottom