• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Disgusting as hell that this is deemed more of a priority than literally any of the major issues the US is currently facing but hey that's blood money for you
If only, but we won’t see **** done until we get politicians who were not around before modern internet was invented. Which unfortunately is probably not going to happen anytime soon

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I accidentally remembered the times when WBD was a normal company

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So...Not to fearmonger and things up again like I did in the past but I was at my grandpa's today for supper and he likes listening to the news and I hear Putin threatening to use nuclear weapons on Ukraine if the US sends American soldiers.

Are we potentially due for WWIII or does the news even on TV tend to exaggerate? I'm trying to hold it together...I don't want to be living in fear again of nukes hanging above us...

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Are we potentially due for WWIII or does the news even on TV tend to exaggerate? I'm trying to hold it together...I don't want to living in fear again of nukes hanging above us...
The news is generally all about grabbing attention. Until something actually happens, I would try not to worry about it too much.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
So...Not to fearmonger again but I was at my grandpa's today for supper and he likes listening to the news and I hear Putin threatening to use nuclear weapons on Ukraine if the US sends American soldiers.

Are we potentially due for WWIII or does the news even on TV tend to exaggerate? I'm trying to hold it together...I don't want to living in fear again of nukes hanging above us...
I wouldn't worry. TV and the news does tend to exaggerate for sensationalism, and I am not sure if Putin has the direct guts to do something like that. He is just likely trying to scare people away from Ukraine.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I finished another playthrough of the original Shantae game while I wait for Shantae Advance: Risky Revolution. I forgot how little story it had but still a really good game.

I want to do a debug mode playthrough of it later down the road.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
God Dominator is such a weird character. She’s more of a force than a character. I want to like her, but she’s just… so evil. And being sexy can only get you so far as far as being an enjoyable character.

Noipoi

Howdy!
God Dominator is such a weird character. She’s more of a force than a character. I want to like her, but she’s just… so evil. And being sexy can only get you so far as far as being an enjoyable character.
I enjoy her few moments of nuance, there’s hints at a deeper characterization for her (especially in the last episode) but for the earlier parts of the season she’s more like a manifestation of destruction.

The galaxy is used to goofball villains making screwy plots to take over the world, even the more serious ones are kinda like that. They’ve never been up against the sheer devastation of Dominator. It’s almost like she’s refusing to engage in the cartoon antics of the show she’s in. She’s supposed to be unlikable in that sense, you aren’t supposed to like the apocalypse.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I enjoy her few moments of nuance, there’s hints at a deeper characterization for her (especially in the last episode) but for the earlier parts of the season she’s more like a manifestation of destruction.

The galaxy is used to goofball villains making screwy plots to take over the world, even the more serious ones are kinda like that. They’ve never been up against the sheer devastation of Dominator. It’s almost like she’s refusing to engage in the cartoon antics of the show she’s in. She’s supposed to be unlikable in that sense, you aren’t supposed to like the apocalypse.
I feel bad because I kinda shipped her and Hater before the end of My Fair Hatey. That moment where she just laughs in his face is just… ouch. I guess that was kind of the point of that scene. Oh well. I’m sure the rest of the show will still be as good as it has been this whole time, even if it has its bittersweet moments.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel bad because I kinda shipped her and Hater before the end of My Fair Hatey. That moment where she just laughs in his face is just… ouch. I guess that was kind of the point of that scene. Oh well. I’m sure the rest of the show will still be as good as it has been this whole time, even if it has its bittersweet moments.
They probably wouldn’t be a great fit, anyways. Hater’s a jerk with a superiority complex who isn’t opposed to using force to get what he wants, but it’s shown that he’s deeply lonely and insecure and he’s just lashing out (sort of like Bowser).

Dominator’s a straight up sadist, and she’d probably encourage the worst parts of him by abusing his desire for companionship to get him to do some truly heinous things.

What we gotta do is get Hater on Tinder or something, and find him someone nice who’ll bring him down to Earth…or whatever other planet.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
I'm interested in getting Star Wars Battlefront Classic Collection but I'm waiting for consumer response first to make sure there isn't any major issues with it.
I'm doing the same.

The company doing the port seems to follow the NSO philosophy of "do the bare minimum" when it comes to rereleasing the old Star Wars games.
Which is fine, but no crossplay in the year of our Lord Vader 2024 is pretty disappointing.

They also did the KotOR remasters and those apparently had some pretty bad bugs they took weeks to fix.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The no-no word with an extra G in the middle
Holy **** lmao if I used the F word with 'er' at the end I'd have been in trouble?
Ngl I have 0 idea what you said either because I can't think of 7 letter swear words
Bruh is the term ******* really falling off? The word that means 'child born outside of marriage'

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Holy **** lmao if I used the F word with 'er' at the end I'd have been in trouble?

Bruh is the term ******* really falling off? The word that means 'child born outside of marriage'
Ah, I get it!

https://decider.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/07/*******-NETFLIX-REVIEW.jpg?quality=75&strip=all

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
as a young lad I would always picture a black Tigger as Tyga…

then I learned of the sacred n word exclusive to our people and it ruined those thoughts

Shroob

Sup?
KingofPhantoms KingofPhantoms

Ya really need to open your PMs bro, it's awkward as hell having to send you DMs publicly lol

But anyway

How we feelin about both Monument Mythos and Mandela Catalogue creators being outed as scum?

Mood rn

1710400912910.png

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Don't have to tell me twice (also don't let the system fool you they're all the same)
I hate to break it to you but Biden's policies are already doing that cause the ******* hates his voter base
I really hate this sort of political doomerism.

Biden is awful in a lot of ways but let's not pretend Donald Trump wouldn't be using the current political climate to actively egg on anti-islamic and anti-asian violence within the US right now. And lord I couldn't tell you how unsafe I would feel right now if Trump was in office right now and he decided to focus on anti-trans hate like so many other republicans currently are.

Don't get me wrong! We should be mad at Biren! And we should be mad about the tic-toc ban - not to mention the other "more important" issues we've alluded to. But this sort of "they're both equally bad" attitude is basically centerist rehtoric disguised as progressiveness that only enables the greater of the evils.

Anyway I think this is a sign that I need to log off and start touching grass again. I need to go back to focusing on myself right now and what's happening locally instead of playing armchair activist online and focusing on issues I don't have any sort of influence over.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Cowabunga Collection is getting delisted from Steam on March 29 in Japan.

I expect other regions may follow suit in the future.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Cowabunga Collection is getting delisted from Steam on March 29 in Japan.

I expect other regions may follow suit in the future.
That stinks. Kind of understandable since it's a licensed game compilation, but that collection was great, so it's a shame if it's only available for less than two years.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Oooh *******, got it 🙃
Imagine if you went FE and said "Dastard" we would get it right away lol

Last edited:
Top Bottom