• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Valley Peaks

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Helder Pinto

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 20.8%
  • Cat Quest 3

• stitch

Votes: 2 8.3%
  • Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 29.2%

• Total voters

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
IDEA:
-Chai from Hi-Fi Rush is added to the next Smash game
-After experiencing the Halo TV show Master Chief fans are actually kind of okay with yet another MS character taking his spot

EXECUTION:
-Rhythm based moveset that changes timing depending on the BGM
-Yes, all 1000+ music tracks
-High difficulty, High reward, High fidelity

OUTCOME:
-Everyone picks Distant Planet and sets the BGM to Environmental Noises to deter Chai players from joining their lobbies
-Dante is still not playable

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
After experiencing the Halo TV show Master Chief fans are actually kind of okay with yet another MS character taking his spot
With all due respect, one bad thing nobody ever talks about these days isn't enough to overturn an entire fanbase, there are still people who watched the **** out of that GoT prequel series and people who like (insert your favourite thing here)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I decided to do what no gamee has evwr done and work on my backlog. Starting with Celeste; I grabbed all the hearts and B-Side tapes and can I say wow I forgot how adorable this game is. Made me warm and fuzzy inside remembering Madeline and her quest to self actualization, especially at the end. Kinda hits harder now that I'm in my 20s playing this and I too feel like I need to climb that proverbial mountain, hope I hit the summit someday.

Play Celeste. Won't regret it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
4chan with an actual interesting theory:
IMG_9883.jpeg

-Khu hints paradox Unova.

-Ingo sent to the past no memory

-Emmet sent to the past in a future legends game?

-With no memory, they are out on a path by Arceus where their cross again.

-Become the partners of the dragons originally. Their ideals for the region clash with each other creating history as we know it.

-Their existence is a paradox because they start in modern day but are responsible for their own modern society being what it is through time shenanigans. Maybe they get sent home with no memories?

Probably not, but this would be the wildest lore for Pokemon if Gamefreak actually put Ingo in legends to tease this.

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
I'm probably gonna get hate for saying this... But I actually like Mother 1 now that I've been playing It?

Sure, the beginning of the game sucks ass when you don't know what to do and the random encounters have bs chances of happening... But even with all that, I enjoy how open the game feels for a NES/Famicom game, landing Smash attacks feels satisfying and even the enemy battles at least in the part I'm currently am can be very good for grinding because they end quite fast.

Idk, maybe I just got stockolm syndrome for the first time or something... But I am enjoying this game, and that's rare for a NES/Famicom game.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm probably gonna get hate for saying this... But I actually like Mother 1 now that I've been playing It?

Sure, the beginning of the game sucks ass when you don't know what to do and the random encounters have bs chances of happening... But even with all that, I enjoy how open the game feels for a NES/Famicom game, landing Smash attacks feels satisfying and even the enemy battles at least in the part I'm currently am can be very good for grinding because they end quite fast.

Idk, maybe I just got stockolm syndrome for the first time or something... But I am enjoying this game, and that's rare for a NES/Famicom game.
Sometimes poorly aged, messy, weird or even outright broken **** can vibe with people, no need to worry about it, there's people who really like the party members in Persona 3 making their own commands with you being able to influence what they do but there's others who can't stand it for example

Jondolio

Smash Hero

I don't really understand why you think you'd get hate for liking something. Maybe in other places on the internet but not here.

Like I don't think a lot of the people here have really played Earthbound Beginnings, myself included

Jotadé

Smash Journeyman
Sometimes poorly aged, messy, weird or even outright broken **** can vibe with people, no need to worry about it, there's people who really like the party members in Persona 3 making their own commands with you being able to influence what they do but there's others who can't stand it for example
Yeah, looking at It that way It does make sense. Each person is a whole new world.

I don't really understand why you think you'd get hate for liking something. Maybe in other places on the internet but not here.

Like I don't think a lot of the people here have really played Earthbound Beginnings, myself included
Mostly the idea that sharing too many unpopular opinions could get tiresome for some. But yeah, you are right on the fact I probably won't get in trouble here for that.

And yes, I am probably one of the few persons here Who has played Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings.

Thanks Gwen and Jess for the feedback!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, looking at It that way It does make sense. Each person is a whole new world.

Mostly the idea that sharing too many unpopular opinions could get tiresome for some. But yeah, you are right on the fact I probably won't get in trouble here for that.

And yes, I am probably one of the few persons here Who has played Mother 1/Earthbound Beginnings.

Thanks Gwen and Jess for the feedback!
No problem with unpopular opinions as long as you're not weird about them which knowing you, wouldn't happen anyway so no need to worry

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
As I watch a WWE ppv (Elimination Chamber 2024) that aired live in Australia at 5pm their time...it aired in my city at 1am...obviously I slept like a baby instead of trying to stay up to watch the entire show. I would not have been able to watch this ppv live

I understand how the UK fans feel about watching out 5pm shows at 1am on a consistent basis

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Coming back from hell to tell ya guys that, if you use Project 64, ya might wanna switch emulator as this video explain in details that you might be at harm of gettin' a virus if so.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I wonder what news the Pokemon Direct will present? Though, I'm going in neutral.
View attachment 385368
People just need to remember that a large majority of Pokémon Presents isn't about the mainline stuff.

We first got to go through the TCG, spin-off games, world championship news, miscellaneous announcements, and the huge slew of mobile games Pokémon has on their arsenal.

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
Pokémon day is almost here! At this point I have covered the rumors I found the most realistic ones, so these last few are going to be fun ones/ those I’m 50/50 on.
I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a new Mystery Dungeon or Legends game. Unless there's some other crazy reveal, that's the only thing that I can see giving me any real hype.

Somewhat related, but has anyone else seen this trailer for the new TemTem game that's basically Pokemon mixed with Vampire Survivor? It's definitely a weird direction to take the franchise.

Top Bottom