• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Yknow, I've gotten into a lot of arguments about Palworld recently because the games been exploding numbers wise and thats been bleeding into my friendgroups, and the popular consensus appears to be "omg guys this game is amazing you should play it too" and I'm sitting here like...

Is this how Snake feels all the time? :ultrob:
Tbf chances are they don't know about the AI, theft and crypto bull****, most casual people just see Pokemon with guns for less than 30 dollars.

Speaking of 30 bucks

Ubisoft games going on sale is nothing new but damn lmao it's been 3 days and it's already 50% off

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I bought Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix on my Xbox 360 yesterday and I learned I still am terrible at Street Fighter 2.

What I need is a crash course on how to be better at fighting games since I usually just mash buttons.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
More like 10 weeks
Those ones won't be the ones with cultural value. Those will be the drama vultures just looking to get views for covering something current and getting out their hot takes. The ones with actual value will be the ones from years in the future after things have settled and we have a better idea of the history.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Tbf chances are they don't know about the AI, theft and crypto bull****, most casual people just see Pokemon with guns for less than 30 dollars.

Speaking of 30 bucks

Ubisoft games going on sale is nothing new but damn lmao it's been 3 days and it's already 50% off
That’s more so a QVC thing than anything. I got Mario Wonder brand new from them Last Christmas for half off. They do special discounts for first time buyers off their site.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
could’ve played poker in my Persona…damn…

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Unlocked Peter Griffin's Family TV in Fortnite:
View attachment 383296
Just need the Petercopter and the Peter Laugh emote and I'll have every Family Guy Fortnite cosmetic.
Congrats.

I’m at Level 150 on the pass.

Taking a break on the game until Wednesday so I can get the Petercopter and start on Solid Snake.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
1705870000967.png

You guys have no idea how excited I was when an Octoling based on a Blue-Ringed Octopus was introduced

My villain OC for my Splatoon 4 ideas is a blue-ringed Octoling so I'm so glad they actually exist! This one looks really cute too!

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
In other news, the upcoming Spongebob movie for Netflix leaked overnight.

How does an entire movie leak like this?
Maybe because you snuck into their office to steal the file with the movie... that's why your name is SneakyLink.

For real tho I have no idea, thsi is a rather massive slip up if I'm being honest... maybe a security leak? Or something else... hm

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
tbh Palworld seems kinda fun after watching ibxtoycat play it a bit, however I still don’t think I’ll get it due to the devs seemingly supporting AI and stuff (also come on, there’s no way they didn’t steal Lycanroc at the least. The game also seems like a mix of Ark, BotW and Fortnite).

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
tbh Palworld seems kinda fun after watching ibxtoycat play it a bit, however I still don’t think I’ll get it due to the devs seemingly supporting AI and stuff (also come on, there’s no way they didn’t steal Lycanroc at the least. The game also seems like a mix of Ark, BotW and Fortnite).
yeah its entirely like

on paper I'd be fine with the game, if not a bit miffed about the community acting like its the second coming of christ and is going to destroy the evil big bad corporation nintendo(patent pending) if the devs behind the game didn't have some shady games and odd sayings on twitter about ai and crypto(the one thread i did see used the built in google translate to translate japanese to english to make their point so I don't want to say outright they do support it because its really easy to bad faith translations, espec for a language like japanese which is very context sensistive. at the same time the stuff I've dug up alr has been enough to convince me the company is too shady to give my money too, regardless of their other stances)

In the first place I'm not super into the genre its trying to be and I'd like to say i'd be able to tolerate it regardless, but I have to draw a line somewhere when it comes to media I consume.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

Artists for The Super Mario Bros. Movie have shared a whole bunch of concept art for it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
In other news, the upcoming Spongebob movie for Netflix leaked overnight.

How does an entire movie leak like this?
same way the Scooby-Doo/Krypto movie and Tom & Jerry 2021 did…pure bad luck and ****ery

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
What’s interesting about the upcoming Pokemon Presents is that we have no clue what’s coming. We’ve got ideas, but nothing really concrete to work with.

It’s fascinating. Anything could happen :nifty:
Mind expounding on these supposed Johto hints?

View attachment 383267
We actually have a strong theory that Khu was trolling that seems to shut down Unova this year:
The johto stuff comes from all the hints in the DLC, but also because Khu posted a map with the caption “which for 2024”

This was four maps actually in one image.

It was Kanto, Unova, johto, Paldea.

after seeing Khu post his tweet again about hydrapple’s type, where he said do you feel trolled…

People realized the map tweet is probably a troll.

Because… we technically went back to Paldea for Mochi Mayhem, as Well as Unova for the academy (you get new characters there)

which leaves Kanto and johto. The two regions conveniently right next to each other and could be in one game.

So people think it’s going to be legends johto and focus on the burned tower plot which takes place around the same time period as legends Arceus. This gives us the opportunity to have more Unova connections and set up a game next year for Unova.

Top Bottom