• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Ok. I don’t like the ending either but that’s just not true. Especially since I actually own and have read the comic. It’s a good comic, except for the ending.
I mean...

Here's a villain who apparently destroyed the world, is known by freaking Clockwork as the most dangerous ghost ever, and enjoys hurting and killing people — a monster who literally tore out and killed off his own humanity in a way Vlad finds too horrible to describe...

Suddenly Dark Danny's turned into some misunderstood villain who's just doing this because...he doesn't like being alone?

The guy who enjoyed the chance to mock and murder his family again, with not an ounce of remorse?
That's what's done with "the Ultimate Enemy" after all this time? Come on?

What makes it worse is how easily Dark Danny was beaten. He just didn't feel threatening enough. If you're gonna involve time powers in the plot, maybe let the big villain properly show why they're so feared since things will get reset anyway, rather than have him forget to kill his enemies so he can get surprise-attacked.

Things like why Clockwork would just leave Dark Danny's thermos around a place where it could be easily messed with in a light tussle, why the thermos seemed to break from falling a few feet, the Fright Knight still calling Pariah Dark his master and taking offense people touching his sarcophagus despite having eagerly betrayed Pariah, all the buildup of Fright Knight's alliance with Vlad going nowhere, why the seven ancient ghosts felt the need to hide away the truth and origins of ghosts and the Ghost Zone, and Danny having to once again make everyone — including his parents — forget about him being Phantom and all the good he's done, but for me this takes the cake for ****ty decisions.

Not every villain has to be redeemable. Not every monster needs to be misunderstood. A few bad guys can just be as evil as they're presented! Why couldn't someone who's billed as the Ultimate Enemy have lived up to their well-demonstrated and earned title instead of this bullcrap?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
IMG_1816.jpeg
IMG_1817.jpeg

Female Joker/Rin Amamiya (as I shall simple dub her)

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Version 2 of the TS!Underswap demo is out, featuring the Starlight Isles (its version of Snowdin).

I’ve started it, it’s pretty great so far. Sans and Papyrus are funny, the team did a good job writing them! The writing in general is great imo. The new monsters are cool, too.

Y’know, in the original Underswap, Monster Kid is Temmie, and I think that may still be the case here, like how Asriel is Flowey in Undertale.

(Flowey-related spoilers) However, unlike the original Underswap, there’s only one Flowey, and he keeps some of his personality from Undertale I think (at least his sarcasm and thinking you’ll meet a relentless killer), except he’s friendly no matter what route you’re on. There’s also multiple Temmies, though there’s only one that isn’t a shadow. It’s likely the plushie Monster Kid became.

He also seems to remember resets, as he knows you already know who he is if you go back to your last save before meeting him. Temmie also remembers resets, meaning they probably are still Monster Kid. I wonder who could’ve been reborn as Flowey, assuming he’s not just an odd flower monster this time around? Asriel is alive. Time will tell, I suppose.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ultraman Blazar ended sooner than I expected but I really enjoyed it. Blazar and Gento's friendship really made the story work for me, no matter how cheesy it was.

Between Super Sentai and this, tokusatsu rekindled my love for superhero shows as a whole.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Ultraman Blazar ended sooner than I expected but I really enjoyed it. Blazar and Gento's friendship really made the story work for me, no matter how cheesy it was.

Between Super Sentai and this, tokusatsu rekindled my love for superhero shows as a whole.
Yeah TsuPro's not really super well off, modern day Ultraman usually only gets 25 or so episodes, plus there's gonna be a long break before Ultraman Arc gets shown off and starts airing, they can't afford nonstop stuff like Toei ca.

This is truly a sight I love, people realizing there's more stuff out there in the world of superheroes and exploring tokusatsu. Kamen Rider, Sentai, Ultra, Garo, Metal Heroes and more. I'm glad you enjoyed it

Michele

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-4494-7438-0796
On this topic of Super Sentai I wonder if there's any fanfavorite Sentai series in Japan, I know there's Mighty Morphing Power Rangers but that's the American version...

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
I unexpectedly found Amiibos of Celica and Charizard yesterday and I just couldn't resist. :love:
Only missing Noah and Mio for now. They should be delivered this week.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Hidden in the spoiler is one of the Splatoon 4 ideas I thought I'd share. Cuz I'm bored and don't have much else to talk about.

Pink Yoshi's Splatoon 4 Ideas: Tidal Groove, the Idols

So as I mentioned before, Tidal Groove is a pair of male Octolings who are brothers. Their music styles are highly modeled after twenty one pilots - something I've thought would be cool for the longest time. Like many Octolings, they used to work under DJ Octavio, but were persuaded to leave after hearing the Squid Sisters' performance from the first game. They were unlucky enough to get caught up in Commander Tartar's plot, but escaped. This left some trauma, but pushed them all the more to succeed. Starting off as an indie rock duo, their popularity grew as they gained a loyal fanbase, and years down the line, they are now the new hosts of Worldwide Inkling News.

The two members making up Tidal Groove are named Tenti and Cole.

Tenti
Tenti is the older of the brothers. He has indigo tentacles and usually is seen wearing a tank top and a red beanie. Tenti is a serial flirt who has a dislike for authority, and can sometimes say some pretty salacious things in the news studio. Cole typically has to mediate the stuff he says and reminds him to keep it PG. He’s also quite mischievous, and in stage dialogue, loves discussing pranks he pulled off against other ink battle participants and often makes rude remarks about rival teams. To balance out his sometimes unscrupulous attitude, Tenti is clumsy and admits to being unable to keep a job back in the Octarian militia (having screwed up lots of assignments), he holds a very unrequited crush on Callie of the Squid Sisters, and for what it’s worth, he cares about his younger brother a lot. Tenti is voiced by Terry McGurrin. (as a reminder, the characters in this game speak full English, so yeah there's voice actors)

Cole
Tenti's younger brother Cole is much more mellow and laid-back. He has light yellow tentacles and is often shown wearing a dark brown hoodie. To contrast his older brother’s typical energized, rebellious and plucky attitude, Cole is a rather lazy and laid-back individual, who enjoys simply laying back, lighting up some wasabi plants and chilling until the clownfish come home. When he’s not chilling or live on stage with his brother, Cole is a skilled skateboarder. Cole is somewhat of a cloudcuckoolander, and tends to speak as if he’s in his own world at times. While he’s quite ditzy, Cole is usually Tenti’s straight man and helps keep him from getting himself in too much trouble, and often keeps Tenti straightened out during news broadcasts. Nonetheless, Cole looks up to his brother a ton. Cole is voiced by Dan Petronijevic.

"Until next time...Let the beat guide you!"

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Yknow, I've gotten into a lot of arguments about Palworld recently because the games been exploding numbers wise and thats been bleeding into my friendgroups, and the popular consensus appears to be "omg guys this game is amazing you should play it too" and I'm sitting here like...

Is this how Snake feels all the time? :ultrob:

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yknow, I've gotten into a lot of arguments about Palworld recently because the games been exploding numbers wise and thats been bleeding into my friendgroups, and the popular consensus appears to be "omg guys this game is amazing you should play it too" and I'm sitting here like...

Is this how Snake feels all the time? :ultrob:
Probably…

What is Palworld?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I picked up a few Star Wars and Indiana Jones games on Steam, since they were all $7 or less (two Star Wars: Dark Forces games plus a Mara Jade expansion, Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis (a point-and-click adventure game), and Indiana Jones and the Emperor's Tomb (a 3D adventure/shooter). I likely won't be able to play them in-depth until work slows down a bit, but I haven't really gotten into the old Star Wars expanded universe, so I'm interested to see what that will be like. (plus, I feel like I should play more LucasArts point-and-click adventure games in general)

I also got the new Dragon Quest Monsters game on Switch, so that should hopefully be fun. (and time-consuming, if Dragon Quest XI is any indication)

Last edited:
Top Bottom