• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Even as a big fan of the series myself, I thought Sonic 2 was pretty ass.

Never will understand what people see in it.
Even as a person who loved Sonic the Movie 2, I can kinda see where you are coming from.

So I can't say that I blame you. ;)

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Some numbers in terms of Mario movies numbers:

1993 Movie
Budget: $48 Million
Box Office: $38.9 Million

2023 Movie
Budget: $100 Million
Day 1 Box Office: $31.7 Million

We're definitely on a good track right now!
actually the numbers are crazier than that:

That billion is guaranteed.

Also I feel this basically gurantees that Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem and Even Animal crossing will now be strong contenders for movies or shows going forward.

Having a movie for different genres just screams easy success. I can easily see Nintendo look at those top Selling games and go “Bing Bing Wahoooo!”

Also Luigi’s mansion and DK movie for sure happening.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
actually the numbers are crazier than that:

That billion is guaranteed.

Also I feel this basically gurantees that Zelda, Splatoon, Kirby, Metroid, Fire Emblem and Even Animal crossing will now be strong contenders for movies or shows going forward.

Having a movie for different genres just screams easy success. I can easily see Nintendo look at those top Selling games and go “Bing Bing Wahoooo!”

Also Luigi’s mansion and DK movie for sure happening.
I wonder if they'd ever go for something live action for some of those choices.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Guh-Huzzah! Guh-Huzzah!

Yo

Would you be cool if I drew that black and white girl from from your comic?
Yeah! I'm so sorry for the late response, I took a break from the site to avoid Mario movie spoilers.

On that note, IT WAS AMAZING. Here's a picture I took at the theatre!

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah! I'm so sorry for the late response, I took a break from the site to avoid Mario movie spoilers.

On that note, IT WAS AMAZING. Here's a picture I took at the theatre!
Weird ape son? Does that mean you're Cranky now? :troll:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
In the climatic scene of the movie, there's a very short moment where Bowser sounds just like his game actor.

I got to meet Bowser's game actor (Kenny James) in 2021 and he said at the time he wasn't contacted about the movie.

So I want to know is did Kenny James actually get to do it or did Nintendo just grab a clip from the sound library?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
In the climatic scene of the movie, there's a very short moment where Bowser sounds just like his game actor.

I got to meet Bowser's game actor (Kenny James) in 2021 and he said at the time he wasn't contacted about the movie.

So I want to know is did Kenny James actually get to do it or did Nintendo just grab a clip from the sound library?
If I had to guess, they used recycled audio since it's FAR more cost and time efficient.

Cool cool cool

Mind posting her picture again real quick? :nifty:
Here you go!
Rachel_CharacterArt (1).png

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Metroid could work, so would fire emblem, and maybe splatoon. The rest would look cursed in live action lol
Live action Splatoon is... kinda inspired I can't lie. But idk how much I would trust the tentacle hair to look good.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also I’m watching the final attack on Titan season right now.

They should all be singing the campfire song in this episode. Would really air out the room lol.
Live action Splatoon is... kinda inspired I can't lie. But idk how much I would trust the tentacle hair to look good.
probably could look good with the right cgi. I think the set designs and color contrasts could make it really stand out in live action if they did it.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
To be fair chicken little totally warranted.

there’s no solid plot throughout and it switches genres half way.

Has one of the worst parents of all time. Hell even the town might be one of the worst in existence. Capitalizing off a child because they had nothing better do. When they hated him they went all in, then they “liked him” because it was the new trend and profited more.

Aliens have no purpose to the plot other than they needed a threat. Ending is rushed.

It’s just a mess all around.
Having watched Chicken Little for the first time on Disney+ a few months ago, I agree with all this as not only there is no solid story plot, the characters were uninteresting and unlikeable.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Splatoon should be animated what are you guys on
Weed.

I do agree it should be animated though. How exactly would a live-action Splatoon movie work, anyway?
It'd be hard to do the "Funny CGI character interacts with humans" when all the humans are canonically extinct.
Listen, animation probably works best…

But look at the Barbie movie. It’s like they bought those commercials to life.

Imagine a splatoon World with cgi Inklings that blend well with the art style from the games multiplayer, to octo expansion, or it’s other story modes.

Sort of like detective pikachu, but better mixing of the two.

Every aspect of the world would feel loved it and the apocalyptic future it takes place in, would work for live action. A commentary that it’s not entirely impossible that some of the events that shaped that world could happen irl.

You would need someone really inspired like Edgar Wright, but splatoon could go crazy as an animated or live action movie.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Listen, animation probably works best…

But look at the Barbie movie. It’s like they bought those commercials to life.

Imagine a splatoon World with cgi Inklings that blend well with the art style from the games multiplayer, to octo expansion, or it’s other story modes.

Sort of like detective pikachu, but better mixing of the two.

Every aspect of the world would feel loved it and the apocalyptic future it takes place in, would work for live action. A commentary that it’s not entirely impossible that some of the events that shaped that world could happen irl.

You would need someone really inspired like Edgar Wright, but splatoon could go crazy as an animated or live action movie.
I think honestly, we don't need a live-action Splatoon if humans are extinct in the first place and everyone else is most likely not going to be people in costumes dressed as Inklings and Octolings, as I don't see the point of CGI Inklings and Octolings if humans are not around. That is in a way why I think animation is better.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I just hope Illumination (or DreamWorks) is able to do the world of Splatoon justice

Cuz like...we all know how much of a dark nightmare world Splatoon is

In Octo Expansion you may or may not be getting covered in a stew of liquified corpses throughout

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I realized yesterday that we've been waiting for Rare Replay to be ported to either PC, Switch, or both for so long that we're close to the 40th anniversary. So now I'm imagining a 40th anniversary edition on additional platforms with 10 additional featured games. (Cause the first version was 30 games for the 30th anniversary).

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
For a Splatoon movie I think having real backgrounds (either actual footage of a city or elaborate miniatures) with hyper stylized 2D or 3D characters I feel could work.

Also Stop Motion Pikmin and Mother, I feel like that is the only way to do those series justice

Top Bottom