• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
**** it, route 1 Noikemon

route 1.png

Serfant spend their whole lives toiling away at the behest of their queen, and get very fidgety whenever they're not working. In their hearts, they consider their trainer the queen, regardless of the person's gender. Their bites are said to burn as hot as any flame.

Infernalate has sprouted wings upon evolution. They use this newfound flight to scour the woodland, and burn down portions of the forest with the flame spitting organ in their thorax. Once only ash remains, they get to work on a new nest. Fights between rival nests can get very ugly, very fast.
Worrisum is known for its constant anxiety. The slightest fright will send this Pokémon into a fit. Upon being scared it'll pretend to be deceased, but it's acting is rather overdramatic and often fails to fool predators. Troops of them will gather in the night to practice their acting skills.

Only the best actors will evolve into Phantossum, who's mastered the art of playing dead so well they've actually formed a connection with the afterlife. Becoming a ghost type in the process. Despite its unsettling demeanor, it's a very jovial Pokémon who delights in making others laugh. Be they alive or not.
Small and nearly flightless, Chicklet have developed another method of warding off enemies. An intense glare that is said to drill into the souls of all who witness it. It isn't very effective.

After evolving into Cluckatrice, however, their powers have increased exponentially. One sharp look can paralyze any prey on the spot, leaving them subjectable to its razor sharp talons. They will guard Chicklet with their lives, while teaching them to improve their glares.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I agree with that Tweet regarding Turning Red.

Especially since Turning Red is a rip-off of Teen Wolf.

Teen Wolf is puberty for boys. Turning Red is puberty for girls.
Ehhh...gonna have to disagree with that one. The similarities between these two are largely surface-level, and both tell very different stories with their concept. Turning Red also has a lot of unique flair to it that really helps it stand on its own.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I agree with that Tweet regarding Turning Red.

Especially since Turning Red is a rip-off of Teen Wolf.

Teen Wolf is puberty for boys. Turning Red is puberty for girls.
How to Train your Dragon is a ripoff of Lilo & Stitch, which is a ripoff of Iron GIant, which is a ripoff of ET.

All those movies are still great, despite using incredibly similar tropes.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

AKA E.T. but in Mexico starring a chupacabra.

I'm a sucker for cryptids, definitely will check out. Looks cute and gives off 90s vibes. Not expecting anything great but perhaps decent at best.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
**** it, route 1 Noikemon

View attachment 369366

Serfant spend their whole lives toiling away at the behest of their queen, and get very fidgety whenever they're not working. In their hearts, they consider their trainer the queen, regardless of the person's gender. Their bites are said to burn as hot as any flame.

Infernalate has sprouted wings upon evolution. They use this newfound flight to scour the woodland, and burn down portions of the forest with the flame spitting organ in their thorax. Once only ash remains, they get to work on a new nest. Fights between rival nests can get very ugly, very fast.
Worrisum is known for its constant anxiety. The slightest fright will send this Pokémon into a fit. Upon being scared it'll pretend to be deceased, but it's acting is rather overdramatic and often fails to fool predators. Troops of them will gather in the night to practice their acting skills.

Only the best actors will evolve into Phantossum, who's mastered the art of playing dead so well they've actually formed a connection with the afterlife. Becoming a ghost type in the process. Despite its unsettling demeanor, it's a very jovial Pokémon who delights in making others laugh. Be they alive or not.
Small and nearly flightless, Chicklet have developed another method of warding off enemies. An intense glare that is said to drill into the souls of all who witness it. It isn't very effective.

After evolving into Cluckatrice, however, their powers have increased exponentially. One sharp look can paralyze any prey on the spot, leaving them subjectable to its razor sharp talons. They will guard Chicklet with their lives, while teaching them to improve their glares.
Pink Yoshi Pink Yoshi We are united by Fire snakes and ants

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Avoiding seeing new Mario movie clips from TV spots is starting to get hard.

I feel I've seen enough before I go see the movie.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
You may recall that I've been working on a game. Well, I wanted to showcase some of the characters, voice over, and music!

First up is Jules, a friendly, albeit wimpy author. He's voiced by Marquiz Moore.
Jules_CharacterArt.png

Jules's voice

Next, Magnus, a tiny wizard with a fiery temper. He's voiced by Luke De Ayora.
Magnus_CharacterArt (1).png

Magnus's voice

Rachel, a very mysterious character who I can't really say much about without saying spoilers. She's voiced by Gillian Lange.
Rachel_CharacterArt.png

Rachel's voice

And finally, Emelita, a cranky innkeeper. She's voiced by Dusty Feeney.
Emelita_CharacterArt.png

Emelita's voice

Each character design and piece of character art was made by my friend, HaikuHello!

And here's a few tracks from the game, composed by my friend Subject Illuminant.
A Dirge for Rachel
Confinement

And I'm currently working on pixel art for the game. It's very tough, but I'll try my best, haha.

Noipoi

Howdy!
You may recall that I've been working on a game. Well, I wanted to showcase some of the characters, voice over, and music!

First up is Jules, a friendly, albeit wimpy author. He's voiced by Marquiz Moore.
View attachment 369377
Jules's voice

View attachment 369378
Magnus's voice

Rachel, a very mysterious character who I can't really say much about without saying spoilers. She's voiced by Gillian Lange.
View attachment 369379
Rachel's voice

View attachment 369380
Emelita's voice

Each character design and piece of character art was made by my friend, HaikuHello!

And here's a few tracks from the game, composed by my friend Subject Illuminant.
A Dirge for Rachel
Confinement

And I'm currently working on pixel art for the game. It's very tough, but I'll try my best, haha.
The black and white girl

Darling

Precious

Yo who tf draws this stuff because they're killing it

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

View attachment 369377
Jules's voice

View attachment 369378
Magnus's voice

View attachment 369379
Rachel's voice

View attachment 369380
Emelita's voice

A Dirge for Rachel
Confinement

Holy **** dude! This looks amazing!

Should work for a gaming company and pitch this idea!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I’m on like chapter 19 of Engage.

Haven’t finished it because I have been doing the DLC paralouges and the normal ones.

I also want to grind the tempest trials out so I can power up the emblem weapons.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Question to all Pokemon fans.

Remind me how I'm supposed to nature breed if it involves regional forms? Don't everstones pass down natures?
If you're playing from Gen 8 onwards, you can just buy a nature mint to change the nature to what you want, no breeding required. SWSH requires BP but SV allows regular money/LP to be used.

Roguewolf

Smash Lord

View attachment 369377
Jules's voice

View attachment 369378
Magnus's voice

View attachment 369379
Rachel's voice

View attachment 369380
Emelita's voice

A Dirge for Rachel
Confinement

Magnus is just a little guy
A little guy with anger issues but a little guy none the less
Good stuff dog

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Question to all Pokemon fans.

Remind me how I'm supposed to nature breed if it involves regional forms? Don't everstones pass down natures?
Don't know how this interacts with regional breeding, but if both parents have an everstone it should be a 50/50 on who's nature gets passed down.

So maybe find a ditto with the nature you want, then give it and the regional form you're breeding both everstones.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
When is Disney+ going to add the 90's Super Mario movie with Dennis Hopper and Lou Albano?

Edit: Cr*p, forgot that Mario was played by Bob Hoskins.

Shroob

Sup?
So thanks to rubbing shoulders with some shady individuals, I've learned that Hisuian Qwilfish has the exact same evolution method as Primeape in Scar/Vio, just using Poison Barrage 20 times.

However, atm, the flag for it to evolve is disabled, meaning it'll never evolve into Overqwil.

On that note though, Stantler also has a flag to evolve in Scar/Vio, so I wonder how that's gonna work. Maybe only Stantler transferred over from Hisui with the special move?

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
So thanks to rubbing shoulders with some shady individuals, I've learned that Hisuian Qwilfish has the exact same evolution method as Primeape in Scar/Vio, just using Poison Barrage 20 times.

However, atm, the flag for it to evolve is disabled, meaning it'll never evolve into Overqwil.

On that note though, Stantler also has a flag to evolve in Scar/Vio, so I wonder how that's gonna work. Maybe only Stantler transferred over from Hisui with the special move?
Psyshield Bash is an Egg Move for Stantler, but only Wyrdeer can learn it by level up. Thus, you need to Mirror Herb the move onto Stantler once Wyrdeer is released.

Top Bottom