• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
FrN3OMeaMAIcuS1.jpg

So here's all my Raid Ready Pokemon I've gotten. Still trying to get a Raid Sylveon(Pictured on the left is my money making one), but the stationary Tera one has yet to respawn.

FrN3OMhacAASHO6.jpg

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Rate these ideas for Street Fighter Guest Characters on a scale of 1-10
  • Terry Bogard (Fatal Fury/The King of Fighters)
  • Kazuya Mishima (Tekken)
  • Tifa Lockhart (Final Fantasy VII)
  • Makoto Nijima/Queen (Persona 5)
  • Po (Kung Fu Panda)
  • Sub-Zero (Mortal Kombat)

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Really wish Decidueye would get here.

"But couldn't you just ask your friend for a Rowlet?"

I could, but, honor among thieves, etc.

I'm doing the starters legit.

View attachment 369392
The reason pretty much every starter is returning is so there'll be enough 7-Star raids until the next game releases :4pacman:

Emboar and Serperior didn't get the memo, I guess.

Shroob

Sup?
The reason pretty much every starter is returning is so there'll be enough 7-Star raids until the next game releases :4pacman:

Emboar and Serperior didn't get the memo, I guess.
Wouldn't even surprise me. With how slow they are to put out 7* raids, we still have Chespin, Fennekin, Oshawott, Cyndaquil, Grooky and Sobble to get through for just the ones with Home support. At the rate they're going at about 1 a month, that'd easily take us into "Fall" for the DLC.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
new WWE games are usually fun to play day one (ish)…2K20 doesn’t count nor will it exist anymore

if only they didn’t have me hooked so easily and seductively

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Dataminers found screenshots of Metroid: Zero Mission about link functionality in the data of the Japanese GBA Switch Online.

Sounds like 1) Zero Mission might be coming soon and 2) linking to other games might be a possibility.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Just got back from the show seeing 65 with my dad.

I got back with my dad.

Could be bias speaking but I enjoyed it. Wasn't great, but thought it was good. Fun for a "monster" survival film.

Of course not without nitpicks and criticisms.

Agree on the designs of the dinos being bland. Raptors at the very least should've been feathered.

I would have preferred it being a group of survivors that way it would've been more tense and thrilling wondering who would live and who would die. I get and love the relationship between Mills and Koa, both having lose loved ones becoming basically "father and daughter" but do feel that could have been still implemented into a group of survivors, them being perhaps more of the focus.

Definitely should've been R-rated going with the group route.

Missed an opportunity to encounter aggressive herbivores, notably a scene where Mills and Koa came across a territorial triceratops akin to a hippo or wild boar, better yet a triceratops in musth like an elephant.

The scenes with the water creature as Mills is investigating the planet should've had a scene of it attacking him, same with when and Koa are walking above a flock of pterosaurs and what grabbed one of them eventually swooping down to attack them.

Feel the movie kinda ended short-noted, should've ended with a scene where Mills and his wife adopt Koa. Both lost family but found each other becoming one. Felt it would've completed Mills "redemption" and second chance at fatherhood after not being able to be there with his.

Those aside, I personally didn't mind some of the original dinosaur designs notably that ankylosaur-like dino who was then attacked by raptors and the quadruple theropods (I thought their designs were neat), after all, every dinosaur we've discovered so far is just scratching the surface, we'll likely never discover all of them by the time were gone. Neat they decided to do their own fictional species of dinos.

The build-up to the quadruple theropod such as the footprint, being in the trees going after a group of smaller theropods, hearing it come from the trees before cutting away until finally the reveal at the cave.

One scene actually gave me a jump scare, the scene of the raptor jumping at Mills after seeing the quadruple theropod shrouded in the trees hunting those group of smaller dinos

All in all, decent flick. Definitely gonna pick up on Blu-ray. Doesn't top Cocaine Bear tho.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Missed an opportunity to encounter aggressive herbivores, notably a scene where Mills and Koa came across a territorial triceratops akin to a hippo or wild boar, better yet a triceratops in musth like an elephant.
There were reports that 65 was going to have a three-legged ankylosaur, and a triceratops at some point but these were removed and cut.

This movie was actually postponed for a while due to the earlier cut not satisfying the studio.

As in, it only featured a few herbivorous dinosaurs and was deemed ”too boring”.

So on we go with the mandatory T.rex and raptors.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
There were reports that 65 was going to have a three-legged ankylosaur, and a triceratops at some point but these were removed and cut.

This movie was actually postponed for a while due to the earlier cut not satisfying the studio.

As in, it only featured a few herbivorous dinosaurs and was deemed ”too boring”.

So on we go with the mandatory T.rex and raptors.
Yes I know that.

That's the problem with audiences nowadays, they'd rather see the typical same stuff because god forbid more uniqueness. Same audiences who probably enjoys the fast food of cinema aka McMarvel, live-action Disney remakes and ongoing old slashers like Scream as if people couldn't just watch those old films instead as they don't bring anything new.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes I know that.

That's the problem with audiences nowadays, they'd rather see the typical same stuff because god forbid more uniqueness. Same audiences who probably enjoys the fast food of cinema aka McMarvel.
Damn those plebians who can't handle the sophisticated cinema involving checks notes sci-fi alien gunner fighting against dinosaurs.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
Eh, if audiences enjoy watching the "fast food of cinema", I won't hold it against them. What matters it what makes them happy, in my eyes.

Of course, if I made a movie, I wouldn't go down that route, but eh, whaddya gonna do ¯\(ツ)

Top Bottom