• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

An alternate version of one of my drawings from this year. Good ol' Jin. I thought it looked good enough on its own that I had to make that version.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
"I made a random observation to open a conversation and they turned it into a life lesson"
My dad on that type beat. Its hard to even talk about my intrests i. Video games because he instantly defaults to a lesson about being black like I havent learned that stuff already

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
"I made a random observation to open a conversation and they turned it into a life lesson" kind of complicated or worse?
More like my mom tries to overoptimize amd second guessing every little thing to the point she spends more energy thinking about things then she actually saves.

She can't just decide to do something she has to consider the most minute pros and cons of every single potential alternative.

And my dad is just grumpy with 0 communication skills but blames everyone else for it.

They both need therapy at least as much as I do but they'll never admit it.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
okay dumb question but since I'm getting into comp pokemon I've been wondering this for awhile

what does the "488-576" mean? is it like, the minimum-maximum EV investment needed?
Oh that's the amount damage done, percentages get put in quotation marks to make it easier to memorize compared to HP stats

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Dead Space Remake is ****ing incredible, dudes.

The original was already a damn good game on its own and one of the best survival horror games ever made, but this remake elevated it way beyond that and created one of the most immersive and nerve wracking experiences I've had with a video game in a long time (I played through on Hard difficulty, btw). Still not sure if it dethroned DS2 as my favorite in the series, but it's much closer now for sure. Easy GOTY material.

And I'm definitely planning on tackling both New Game + and Impossible Mode at some point.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
okay dumb question but since I'm getting into comp pokemon I've been wondering this for awhile

what does the "488-576" mean? is it like, the minimum-maximum EV investment needed?
How much in game damage it does. So for instance, a Pokemon may have around 326 hit points. If the damage range is 235-302, it will do around 235-302 hit points of damage, so subtract those hit points from the max. The percentages are for Showdown, where health bars are done in that style.
So, if you all have any weird or obscure facts about fighters in Smash, please do let me know, haha. Might use it for a video.
Sonic from Smash 4 onwards uses clips voiced by Roger Craig Smith, however, his snoring and rising from water voice clips, as well as one attack grunt, are archive audio from Jason Griffith's earlier performance.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Sonic from Smash 4 onwards uses clips voiced by Roger Craig Smith, however, his snoring and rising from water voice clips, as well as one attack grunt, are archive audio from Jason Griffith's earlier performance.
Ooh, I knew about the sleeping audio, but not the others!

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
ah, makes sense
Feel free to ask any other questions you may have for competitive, whether it's on cartridge or just Showdown
So, if you all have any weird or obscure facts about fighters in Smash, please do let me know, haha. Might use it for a video.
Any examples of stuff you're looking for? Cause like, you could be asking for what a move's origins could be like Marth using a critical hit animation from a game he isn't in to stuff like how Samus having palettes that reference Gundam and Star Wars
I'm at the 5th world of Forgotten Lamd, what does the blue dude even do?
You ask this around the time this starts getting answered. How are you finding Forgotten Land btw? I replayed it last month out of anticipation to Return DX and found it very fun

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You ask this around the time this starts getting answered. How are you finding Forgotten Land btw? I replayed it last month out of anticipation to Return DX and found it very fun
It's actually a lot of fun. I'm playing through the game the same way I did Kirby 64, as in 100% each world before I move on to the next. Now, idk if 100% is the correct term but ydah doing the hidden missions really makes the levels pop out.

As for the gameplay, I find most of the abilities to he pretty well translated into 3D, exept Bomb that is just awkward to control.
I can't believe Miyamoto is not an omniscient force hell bent on destroying Paper Mario TTYD
PM fans now that their only ammo has been taken
Screenshot-2019-11-04-at-17.30.08.png

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Any examples of stuff you're looking for? Cause like, you could be asking for what a move's origins could be like Marth using a critical hit animation from a game he isn't in to stuff like how Samus having palettes that reference Gundam and Star Wars
Honestly, stuff like that. I'm open to just about anything long as it's weird and obscure. Thanks, haha!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
On the topic of Paper Mario, I usually avoid the Classic vs Modern debate because I find enjoyment in every game no matter the quality, but can we petition to give the enemy Koopas their shades back? I actually do enjoy the majority of the redesigns but please I just want them to have shades again.

Also bring Sombrero Guy into the main series too.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm at the 5th world of Forgotten Lamd, what does the blue dude even do?
It's a new ally in a Kirby game - there's a 50/50 chance that they're legitimately on the side of good and mostly there for moral support/merchandise or they're secretly an eldritch monstrosity who's plotting to destroy the universe. There's no in-between.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Oh yeah, another one to this, Mario's down smash in Ultimate closely resembles a breakdance from Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix, compared to the other ones, where it was just a basic spin.

Top Bottom