• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Got the new Urusei Yatsura Blu-Ray in the mail yesterday! Ordered it the day it came out and somehow got it the day after with free shipping. :sheep:

I remember getting into the series during my second year of College (when it and the movies were free on Youtube,because NA rights ran out) and being amazed at how it both establishes and parodies the modern romantic-comedy genre. When I was getting my Japanese Minor, I scanned some parts of the original manga I had bought for a class transaction project and ended up getting my Professor (in his 60s) to laugh.

Considering the original 193 episode run was split into 50 separate 3-4 episode DVDs with the extra OVAs/Movies adding an additional 12 DVDs, it feels good not to have to worry about all of that shelf space.

I started my first JRPG for this year last weekend, so I can't wait to binge watch the series for the first time in just over a decade while I do some level grinding. The reboot show follows the manga more closely and is more selective in it's stories, so the classic series is still worth watching for the different jokes, different pacing, and original stories.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Imagine if Japan hates it and it kills the franchise potential
Even if not a single person in Japan could watch it and it'd still be worth making sequels just because of how succesful it was outside of there.

It's already a massive success, right now its just a question of how massive.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I really hope the Mario movie leads to Kamek getting more important roles (in both film and games). He's been somewhat important forever, but never to the point where he's consistently in the spinoffs. Him being somewhat important in the movie, with potential to be even more important in the sequel ( He wasn't imprisoned with Bowser and Yoshi will be a main character ). This might be his big break. Maybe he'll even be in smash!!!!!!!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Im about to name a follower in Cult of the Lamb
Jugemu Jugemu Go-Kō-no-Surikire Kaijari-suigyo no Suigyō-matsu Unrai-matsu Fūrai-matsu Kū-Neru Tokoro ni Sumu Tokoro Yaburakōji no Burakōji Paipo Paipo Paipo no Shūringan Shūringan no Gūrindai Gūrindai no Ponpokopii no Ponpokonā no Chōkyūmei no Chōsuke.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I hope they let the villian be a villian in Wish. I hope they just make him pure evil, no stupid twists, nothing to redeem, and I hope they give hin a Disney death at the end.

Also let him sing
And no generational trauma.

I do not care if his father was abusive. Let him be an asshole who explodes at the end.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So for somewhere reason, I decided to try out Nexomon 1 & 2, and Coromon.

Nexomon 1 is fully completed, and it was fairly fun, except that all the status effects are essentially Paralyze or Poison. Nexomon 2 is gonna wait because I can only take small doses of its asinine commentary, and I want to take that cat follower and dump him in the lake. Coromon is just a great game, I just started it and I already caught some really cool mons. It also has a talking protagonist that isn't dumb, so that's a plus.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I still find it funny that, for the pilot intros in Starlink: Battle for Atlas, all the Star Fox characters' intros are twice as long as the original characters.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Disney’s WISH seems to have an outright villain, thank God. He can have a sappy backstory, but just keep him a bad guy the whole way through.

And give him a good song, goddamnit!
That villain sounds hot

Please let him sing, it worked with Dr. Facilier
Oh man, please.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And no generational trauma.

I do not care if his father was abusive. Let him be an asshole who explodes at the end.
Fun fact: the last Disney Villian who was an irredeemable piece of **** and died was Turbo from Wreck it Ralph, 10 years ago. If you count him as a Twist Villian (which he kinda was and wasn't), then the last one he had that wasn't a twist villian was Mother Gothel, 13 years ago.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Fun fact: the last Disney Villian who was an irredeemable piece of **** and died was Turbo from Wreck it Ralph, 10 years ago. If you count him as a Twist Villian (which he kinda was and wasn't), then the last one he had that wasn't a twist villian was Mother Gothel, 13 years ago.
The consequences of Frozen have been a disaster for the human race

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The consequences of Frozen have been a disaster for the human race
I understand why people liked that movie, but the oversaturation really soured my opinion on it. Oh and Olaf, can't stand that dude.

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I actually do like Let it Go, the song is pretty catchy and the visuals are very pretty. The part where Elsa transforms her outfit and lets her braid down is kinda hype

Noipoi

Howdy!
I understand why people liked that movie, but the oversaturation really soured my opinion on it. Oh and Olaf, can't stand that dude.

I'm kinda ashamed to admit that I actually do like Let it Go, the song is pretty catchy and the visuals are very pretty. The part where Elsa transforms her outfit and lets her braid down is kinda hype
I still find it enjoyable, it’s a fun movie.

It’s also incredibly overhyped.

And the sequel sucks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I still find it enjoyable, it’s a fun movie.

It’s also incredibly overhyped.

And the sequel sucks.
I will say, I'm legit surprised they didn't give Elsa a love interest yet. Like she follows the normal Disney Princess tropes, she's misunderstood, she flees, becomes super hot, but usually at that point, the the prince with a questionable age gap sweeps her off her feet and that hasn't happened yet.

And I really hope that doesn't change but I have a feeling that they're gonna **** it up in Frozen 3.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Everyone tryna be Spiderverse now.

And I’m here for it
And that's great cause that animation style ****s and it's awesome to see the medium evolve

Doubt it's gonna go as hard as Spider-Verse and **** in Boots (at least for me since I like character-oriented action films way more than musicals) but it's still really nice

Noipoi

Howdy!
I will say, I'm legit surprised they didn't give Elsa a love interest yet. Like she follows the normal Disney Princess tropes, she's misunderstood, she flees, becomes super hot, but usually at that point, the the prince with a questionable age gap sweeps her off her feet and that hasn't happened yet.

And I really hope that doesn't change but I have a feeling that they're gonna **** it up in Frozen 3.
Disney’s in their new era of keeping romances out of their movies.

I don’t mind a romantic subplot here or there, but they’ve definitely been overplayed. Unless the movie is explicitly about the relationship they often feel shoehorned in.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Disney’s in their new era of keeping romances out of their movies.

I don’t mind a romantic subplot here or there, but they’ve definitely been overplayed. Unless the movie is explicitly about the relationship they often feel shoehorned in.
Nah I'm glad, I think the romance part is getting kinda tiredsome. I think Toy Story 4 may have been the worst in that regard with Woody leaving all of his friends because Bonnie didn't play with him and he was horny for Bo-Peep.

However, they sidelined these two though and that's unforgivable
7151538951075f7e57b06c471ad7fb1c.png

dezeray112

Smash Hero

HUFDJLJSKADSJFSKSDJD :toadnaani: THIS LOOKS SO GOOD.

And agreed with Noi, let the villain sing!
Wow, the blend of 2D and 3D animation is really impressive and the film itself looks interesting.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Top Bottom