• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If you ask me Dinsey should out Nintendo.

And they Disney gets bought by Microsoft.

Who then gets bought out by Amazon.

Which then I buy (I have 700 trillion dollars)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm 99% sure that a Multibillion dollar company isn't scared of another Multibillion dollar company that they barely compete with.
Hasn't Disney been as of late losing tons of money notably Strange World bombing bad. Also Lightyear and how they're gonna be doing a Toy Story 5 that no one even asked for?

Meanwhile DreamWorks had been nailing it as of late at least in terms of quality. **** in Boots: The Last Wish and The Bad Guys.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hasn't Disney been as of late losing tons of money notably Strange World bombing bad. Also Lightyear and how they're gonna be doing a Toy Story 5 that no one even asked for?

Meanwhile DreamWorks had been nailing it as of late at least in terms of quality. **** in Boots: The Last Wish and The Bad Guys.
I am sure Disney could make it through this. It is not going to die because of those things, as it takes much more than that to put down a big company like Disney.

Noipoi

Howdy!

Disney isn’t afraid of anything, having one off year means nothing in the grand scheme. Just wait until their next big princess flick, they’ll be on top of the world again.

And you can’t count on Dreamworks to be reliable. For every HTTYD they make, they also make a Boss Baby. Yes Last Wish was great but now they’re coming out with Ruby Gilman and Trolls 3, neither of which look like anything special.

And Mario is doing great because its one of the most recognizeable IPs in existence that’s finally getting a solid animated family movie. That’s really all there is to it.

This isn’t some grand shake up in the industry. Give it a year, Disney will launch another massive musical success, Dreamworks will have another string of weirdness before they come out with another masterpiece. This is business as usual.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
They are losing money, but it was not because of their movies.

External factors (and there was a huge one) did a huge number on Disney.
And, I am sure it won’t be enough to put them down for good. Even if it does, it would take a while to do so in Disney’s case, right?

Last edited:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
???: Hello, my name is-
???: …
Ralsei: My name is Ralsei. sniff
Ralsei: I’m driving a Mercedes-Benz.
Ralsei: These are my friends. I’m a baa.
Ralsei: . . .
Ralsei: I’m driving a Mercedes-Benz.
Mercedes-Benz: My name is Mercedes-Benz.

Susie: What’s your name, kid?
Mercedes-Benz: Uh, Mercedes-Benz.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And, I am sure it won’t be enough to put them down for good. Even if it does, it would take a while to do so in Disney’s case, right?
It probably won't, but Ron has been relentless on the attack, and has power to actually make a financial impact on them. And Disney sided with this him and it embroiled them in deep ****, so now they're pushing back against him and now there in deep **** again. Kinda sad to see ngl.

There's also COVID but they bounced back from that.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man **** this civil discussion, I want a fight.

What is a gaming opinion that you hold that you know the rest of the thread will hate. Insert FlynnRydeeSword.jpg
I’m not very fond of the Xenoblade series.

I gave it a shot. I don’t hate it or anything, and I’m glad that such a niche franchise has been getting so much content recently. I wouldn’t want it to be one of those games with a starving fanbase who goes ignored for decades.

But uhhh I don’t really care for it :217:

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Man **** this civil discussion, I want a fight.

What is a gaming opinion that you hold that you know the rest of the thread will hate. Insert FlynnRydeeSword.jpg
Metroid Dread was mid because the EMMIs are terribly designed and ruin an otherwise generally good game.
There's also the soundtrack being ass and the environments being boring but they're not huge issues (or hot takes™)

Shroob

Sup?
I'll toss one.

Of the original 12, only 8 would get into Smash in today's day and age.

Mario
Luigi
DK
Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Kirby
Samus

And I'll only throw Samus in there because Nintendo seems okay with Metroid being let out of its prison cell lately.

Ness?
Jigglypuff?
Fox?
Captain Falcon?

The **** are you guys doing here.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I'll toss one.

Mario
Luigi
DK
Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Kirby
Samus

And I'll only throw Samus in there because Nintendo seems okay with Metroid being let out of its prison cell lately.

Ness?
Jigglypuff?
Fox?
Captain Falcon?

I’m convinced that certain characters haven’t been tossed in the incinerator purely because they’re Smash mainstays.

Even when the next game Thanos’ half the roster, you can bet that Fox, Ness, and Falcon will still be around.

Shroob

Sup?
I’m convinced that certain characters haven’t been tossed in the incinerator purely because they’re Smash mainstays.

Even when the next game Thanos’ half the roster, you can bet that Fox, Ness, and Falcon will still be around.
That's a funny way to say Jigglypuff.

She's survived being cut from Brawl.

The Puff won't be stuff'd.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
my legend
I'll toss one.

Mario
Luigi
DK
Link
Pikachu
Yoshi
Kirby
Samus

Ness?
Jigglypuff?
Fox?
Captain Falcon?

Samus no longer being punished for Other M scaring Nintendo…that and because they knew John Cena would hit his 5 Moves of Doom on them if she didn’t get more content

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
So lets reflect back to when Sora was revealed.

What are everyone's overall thoughts and opinions on Ultimate's roster as a whole in terms of its characters and diversity? How would you personally rate it and the newcomers?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
View attachment 371216

Honestly you're not wrong. Had Ultimate not been built upon nostalgia and fan demand for the most part, you honestly could have taken a chainsaw to like, half the roster.
Weird thing is I grew up with Nintendo, I barely played a thIrd party before Smash 4 and it was Sonic, Pac-Man, Minecraft, and the first levels of Kingdom Hearts 1. Mega Man was the first one I played outaide of those, and that was after Smash 4.

So my nostalgia is actually not playing a factor in me saying that.

Edit: Ik that wasn't your point but I wanted to get that out

Last edited:
Top Bottom