• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
At the very least you got a cool Legendary at the end.

X and Y's postgame was a literal nothing burger aside from a side quest that took like 30 minutes.
It gave us Emma though one of the most under appreciated characters.

It’s also literally the only memorable of XY

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
hot ****ery cakes Emblem Veronica is busted

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Ok but legit though SwSh had the sorriest postgame for any RPG (that has one) that I've ever played. **** was like 10 minutes long and added nothing of value to the game
"Nothing of value"???

Um hello, it added Swordward and Shieldbert, we just went over this

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well what're the themes in their individual designs? We can work it out from there.
They're a griffin, a djinn, and a leviathan respectively.

So not traditionally anthropomorphic things aside from the djinn
How many things are you a fan of that you also hate. Like you still like it and don’t want to stop being a fan but parts of it are really annoying and frustrating and make you hate it too.
The MCU except I wish I could stop being a fan of it. Stupid cash cow franchise that refuses to die or at least slow down

Also Star Wars which fits your description better
There was a problem fetching the tweet
the entire video aside, and specifically with just this short clip from it…I wonder what Naruto fans did to be getting bullied so much
They like Naruto
Broke: Marnie is the best Sw/Sh rival
Woke: Hop is the best rival
Bespoke:
Hot take, I genuinely find Sordward and Shielbert to be extremely funny. They're stupid as **** characters but something about them also radiates Team Rocket energy, even if they're not as good.
Have you met X and Y.
At least X and Y's postgame story is a good story.

Sword and Shield has ****ing Sordward and Shielbert ****ing **** up

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
If I had to rank Pokemon post-games:

HGSS/B2W2
Crystal
GS/BW
Emerald/Platinum/ORAS/USUM
SwSh + DLC (IMO only Crowned Tundra truly counts as Post-Game)
BDSP
FRLG/DP
SM/SV
XY
Vanilla SwSh
RS
GRBY
Let's Go (2018 game vs. 1996 game, I think Let's Go is largely underrated, but there's no contest here)
Legends Arceus (IDK)

Ranking post-games is hard as you have to consider DLC, as well as whether or not Kanto counts for the Gen 2 games given the credits role again when you beat Red. You also have to consider the time frame when the games came out. DP was lit back in the day because Wi-Fi battles/training was completely new, and you only needed one-system to transfer from the GBA. XY's massive Wi-Fi improvements, Pokemon Bank/Transporter being a thing, and stuff like Friend Safari/Mega Stones. Lord knows how you would rank Legends Arceus, or if you can say it has a true post-game at all.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They're a griffin, a djinn, and a leviathan respectively.

So not traditionally anthropomorphic things aside from the djinn
Hm...

Maybe the griffin has trouble flying at first, and gradually hones its skills as it evolves. In a similar fashion, maybe the leviathan is actually afraid of deep water? Something like that.

Silly little personality quirks are enough to humanize a Pokémon without giving it a job.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Hm...

Maybe the griffin has trouble flying at first, and gradually hones its skills as it evolves. In a similar fashion, maybe the leviathan is actually afraid of deep water? Something like that.

Silly little personality quirks are enough to humanize a Pokémon without giving it a job.
Thanks. That gives me an an idea for the griffin, since it starts out as a dog.

It loves climbing trees, but needs its trainer's help to get off them. Also befitting the grass type. I also thought the final evolution could have a wooden helmet (which would also explain the beak it gains) and goggle like patterns around its eyes, to give it an aviator look.

The leviathan is a new creation so I'm gonna have to think a bit on that. I don't even have a full concept other than that it's a reptilian looking whale with ghostly limbs it can use to walk on land

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Thanks. That gives me an an idea for the griffin, since it starts out as a dog.

It loves climbing trees, but needs its trainer's help to get off them. Also befitting the grass type. I also thought the final evolution could have a wooden helmet (which would also explain the beak it gains) and goggle like patterns around its eyes, to give it an aviator look.

The leviathan is a new creation so I'm gonna have to think a bit on that. I don't even have a full concept other than that it's a reptilian looking whale with ghostly limbs it can use to walk on land
I think I'm gonna make the Leviathan a pirate. I already have a pirate mon but that's more of a stereotypical pirate and I'm thinking this one would be a ghost pirate that's more benevolent than my other pirate mon, it would still be a dangerous predator but it would also guide lost sailors and Pokémon back to land

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I beat Veronica’s map last night in engage.

I have no idea why they portray her evil at the start.

It be one thing if they used her base design, but they are using her legendary alt. A design that literally comes about when she stands by her people even though half of them are trying to kill her( for reasons not even related to her) and decides to full force ally with Askr.

She’s literally on their side at this point, and it’s weird for IS to portray it otherwise.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Do y'all really trust Atlus to make a meaningful gay relationship
They cut out Yosukes romance from p4

Like hell I trust them
I beat Veronica’s map last night in engage.

I have no idea why they portray her evil at the start.

It be one thing if they used her base design, but they are using her legendary alt. A design that literally comes about when she stands by her people even though half of them are trying to kill her( for reasons not even related to her) and decides to full force ally with Askr.

She’s literally on their side at this point, and it’s weird for IS to portray it otherwise.
I think she was portrayed as evil in the beginning of FEH as well. So if anything, they based ger stuff off the mobile game

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
WEEDle Team announced today that the final wave of DLC for Pokémon Xenoverse, named "The Song of Memory," is coming soon.

Aww yeah!

Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed
Do y'all really trust Atlus to make a meaningful gay relationship
Kinda?

I give them a lot of flack for romantic relationships in Persona being meaningless. Still, Jun's route in Innocent Sin complements his character finely for its faults. Even though Aigis's route is just carried over from male protag to female protag in P3P, there's nothing wrong with it and it's still one of the better-developed romances in the game.

I can do without romantic social links in the next game but 2 out of 2 is not a bad track record.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
They cut out Yosukes romance from p4

Like hell I trust them

I think she was portrayed as evil in the beginning of FEH as well. So if anything, they based ger stuff off the mobile game
Yeah they do, but like mentioned, she’s literally donning her Queen outfit. One she squires after getting put to execution of it meant protecting her people.

She ends the last book with this new design as the leader and an ally to the Askr nation, even becoming friends with shareena.

So it’s a weird choice for them to use her personality from like 6 years ago, and not her modern day one when she has her modern day attire that holds actual significance to her character and story.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Anyway, I know modern Persona's biggest draw is to give the most random Personas the most broken moveset imaginable but I think the next game should give you a bit more incentive to not just stick to a few over-leveled ones with high-tier skills.

I think the Persona traits were a great way to introduce more customization and variety so I'd like to see ATLUS capitalize on that. Maybe introduce small, passive effects on different Arcana that you can then stack on equipment. I don't want them to just put SMT V mechanics and call it a day so I can do without elemental affinities but maybe add Personas that give you special negotiation dialogue.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Katsura Hashino left so yeah there's a bigger chance for that now

Also for ****s and giggles I decided to read some comics and decided to look at Daredevil Born Again
View attachment 369126

How the hell is Disney gonna soften that up for the kiddos
I'm guessing it's going to be like Age of Ultron where they use the title but don't use the premise. (I only know a little bit about that story, but Karen Page becoming a drug addict who tells someone Daredevil's secret identity for a fix would be character derailment from what I've seen of the show - then again, I've only partway through season 2, so maybe things go horribly downhill for her)

It's probably just a nod to the fact that the series is being brought back, like how Spider-Man: Homecoming alluded to the fact that Spider-Man was back "home" with the rest of Marvel's properties.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I'm guessing it's going to be like Age of Ultron where they use the title but don't use the premise. (I only know a little bit about that story, but Karen Page becoming a drug addict who tells someone Daredevil's secret identity for a fix would be character derailment from what I've seen of the show - then again, I've only partway through season 2, so maybe things go horribly downhill for her)

It's probably just a nod to the fact that the series is being brought back, like how Spider-Man: Homecoming alluded to the fact that Spider-Man was back "home" with the rest of Marvel's properties.
I haven't seen Netflix Daredevil since season 2 dropped but seeing as this new show was stated to be more in line for a younger audience I just don't understand how you're supposed to pull that off as it's pretty heavy stuff.

Idk, it's one of the most wellknown storylines for the character to my understanding with every DD fan I know calling it one of the best stories the character has, using the name as brand recognition without tackling the story it's from feels like false advertising

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Also for ****s and giggles I decided to read some comics and decided to look at Daredevil Born Again
View attachment 369126

“Mr Feige how are going to get away with this Karen story line?”

Feige: “I have an idea”

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

View attachment 369126

I think that "Born Again" is just a tounge-in-cheek title, like Spider-Man Homecoming, and will have a completely different plot. If I'm not mistaken, one of the seasons of the Netflix show was already based on the comic, so there isn't a lot of ground left to cover.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
With how flawed Pokémon is as a series it’s funny when you then go on to say another game or series could learn a lot from it. And then I tell you that other game is FNaF World.

osby

Smash Obsessed
With how flawed Pokémon is as a series it’s funny when you then go on to say another game or series could learn a lot from it. And then I tell you that other game is FNaF World.
It's not that surprising, Pokemon is the most popular franchise in the world for a reason. Just because something has flaws doesn't mean it also has a lot of things that it does get right.

Like, I can hardly think of any monster-collecting games that don't borrow some stuff from Pokemon.

Top Bottom