• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Necessary Text
I know capitalism bad and stuff but tbh I never really saw a big gaming company donate as much to various causes as The Pokemon Company (not Nintendo) does.

They tripled down on the Black Lives Matter donation and then extended it to LGBT community as well iirc, they'll always get some form of respect from me because of that.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh that R-Kelly with the extra punishment given to him…good job planet

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I know capitalism bad and stuff but tbh I never really saw a big gaming company donate as much to various causes as The Pokemon Company (not Nintendo) does.

They tripled down on the Black Lives Matter donation and then extended it to LGBT community as well iirc, they'll always get some form of respect from me because of that.
As much crap i give TPC about not active showing black rep in their games, I will say that BLM post was and still is a massive w. The lgbt thing that happens was also a massive w

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
As much crap i give TPC about not active showing black rep in their games, I will say that BLM post was and still is a massive w. The lgbt thing that happens was also a massive w
I mean i do appreciate the efforts they're trying to make lately, like just this gen we got like a couple textured hairstyles which is more than just the low fade.

Then again the fanbase gets so pissy when you mention wanting more options for black features, and they got pissy with the BLM post so maybe they know their audience

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Knowing about the Jak and Daxter news I shared yesterday...I should really play the games again.

If that happens...Ribbon Girl might wanna watch her 'favorite video game character' position cuz WHOO DOGGIE...y'all have NO IDEA how much I loved and still love Keira. Childhood role model right here

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Following kaiju-themed Death Battles I really want to see happen.

Destoroyah VS Iris (Godzilla VS Gamera)

Soundtrack: Final Destruction

Connections: Monsters that were created by humans (In Destoroyah's case accidental) who would go on to become some of the most powerful foes that Godzilla and Gamera would face in their franchise having appear in the final installment of a particular era of Godzilla and Gamera's films (The Heisei Era for Godzilla, and the Heisei Trilogy for Gamera) and represents being their anti-counterparts. Both grow from smaller harmless forms and feed off of humans by draining them of their oxygen and life (The former is Destoroyah and the latter is Iris), and both are almost religious in appearance, with Destoroyah being demonic in appearance and Iris being angelic. Finally, both share some form of connection with humans, with Destoroyah being born out of Dr. Serizawa's Oxygen Destroyer and being what he always feared his invention would become, and Iris bonding with a teenager who lost her family in a battle between Gamera and the Gyaos, feeding off her feelings of anger and hatred to evolve into his final form and take it out on the rest of humanity and Gamera, despite being made as a Guardian of Earth.

SpaceGodzilla VS Ultraman Belial (Godzilla VS Ultraman)

Soundtrack: Monarchs of the Void

Connections: Corrupted and dark reflections of the titular characters. Both were mutated as a result of extraterrestrial forces (SpaceGodzilla created from Godzilla's DNA and either Biollante's or Mothra's from entering a black hole before coming out from a white hole), Ultraman Belial merging with the Alien Reiblood). Both seeks to conquer the entire universe, ironically enough Ultraman Belial's most powerful form is notably based off of Destoroyah and SpaceGodzilla.

King Ghidorah VS Deathwing (Godzilla VS World of Warcraft)

Soundtrack: Kings of Cataclysm

Connections: Ancient, highly destructive dragons capable of wiping out all life on a planet (Ghidorah succeeded in destroying all life on Venus and Deathwing nearly destroyed all of Azeroth). Their very presence can alter the environment around them. Both caused catastrophic events that would have wiped out all life on the planet if they weren't stopped (Ghidorah caused the Mass Awakening in Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Deathwing caused the Cataclysm in WoW: Cataclysm). Both act based on what the ones controlling them command them to do (Ghidorah is often controlled by the Xilliens or some other alien race (this isn't always the case) while Deathwing is controlled by the Old Gods and does what they command him to do). Both are nearly impossible to kill (Ghidorah needs to be defeated by either being overwhelmed or his enemy gets a power-up that they use to kill him and Deathwing was able to take on the other four Dragon Aspects on his own). Both have a form of metal on their skin (Ghidorah has traces of gold in his skin and Deathwing has armor made of adamantium). Both are part of a group of related dragons that appear in their respective series (King Ghidorah is one of three other Ghidorahs introduced in the Godzilla series, Desghidorah and Monster X/Keizer Ghidorah and Deathwing is part of the Black Dragonflight and one of the five Dragon Aspects.) Neither are from Earth (King Ghidorah is an alien and Deathwing is from a different planet similar to Earth).

Gigan VS Zetton (Godzilla VS Ultraman)

Soundtrack: Weapons From Above

Connections: Both are extraterrestrial kaiju who had been destroyed and repaired into cybernetic beings proving to be some of the titular characters toughest opponents they've faced, both are also based on particular earth lifeforms (Dinosaurs for Gigan, Beetles for Zetton). They've also had various upgrades and forms.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Suicide Squad kills the Justice League looks so aggressively mid holy ****

All the characters fly around and shoot guns, I don't even think Captain Boomerang can throw boomerangs. Not to mention the ugly designs and it being a Live Service.

Wait you guys are actually watching the state of play?

I thought it was a joke
I got to see Zangief on RE engine Muscle Technology, so it was worth it.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I am absolutely flabbergasted that Sony does not bring back ape Escape or parapa when everyone knows that will make them big bucks and instead wasted all that time talking about some stupid DC game
Sony's new business model is promoting/making gigantic scale technical marvels (primarily story driven cinematic games), which means they won't be much for games like Ape Escape or Parappa.

Also they shut down the studios responsible for them like years ago, so... RIP

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
So as I said before, I took in feedback from an indie game dev group, mostly regarding the animations for the game. So here's a test of applying what they told me. Requesting opinions on this.

Old:
View attachment 368550
New
View attachment 368551
forgot to reply but this is really cool, a marked improvement! the lil dude reminds me of the main character from the NES game Gimmick

Top Bottom