• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
V.G. Fact #59396: The Japanese release of Balloon Kid on the first Game Boy was put on hold because the RPG market was growing on the handheld. It was later released on the Game Boy Color, but only for the SRAM cartridge service Nintendo Power.
The Balloon Kid well goes even deeper than that. The game did see a release prior to that in Japan, but it was ported by the original 3rd party developer to the Famicom and rebranded as Hello Kitty World.

Going even deeper. While the rest of music Hip Tanaka composed for Balloon Kid made it into Hello Kitty World, the iconic Balloon Trip theme from the Bonus Stages had to be cut. To replace it, they instead reused the Title Screen/Menu theme from the infamous Nintendo World Championship NES cartridge, which was also composed by Hip Tanaka.

Such a weird time in Nintendo history. I know Jeremy Parish said that he's been hunting for the GBC cart for several years now with no luck. lol

dezeray112

Smash Hero

At this stage even though Shazam: Fury of the Gods is one my anticipated films of this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the tracking is going to open to that amount.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Very excited for tomorrow. Going to Ottawa for the first time to see my bro, sis-in-law and niece, be gone until Monday, be seeing my sister as well who is visiting. Definitely gonna help get things off my mind.

Friend of dad's gonna watch the dogs as well.

Depending how much time we have left, me, my bro and perhaps my sister will go see Cocaine Bear in the theater (Bro is totally down for the film since I shown him the trailer), good opportunity for a sibling's night, that way my dad could have one on one with my niece and sis-in-law. Though if it doesn't work out I'll be probably seeing it next week anyways with my buddies.

P.S.: Two weeks until 65!

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Only lobbys huh

Guess im sticking to listening to songs on my phone because I am NOT listening to off the hooks songs anymore

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Only private battles huh

Guess im sticking to listening to songs on my phone because I am NOT listening to off the hooks songs anymore
I think it means that you can change the song whenever, but the rest of your team can only hear what you chose in private battles.

Also stop the Off The Hook slander

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
Which one, Cocaine Bear or Blood and Honey
How'd I forget about the Winnie the Pooh one lmao (I should probably be thankful I forgot about it)

But yeah, I heard Cocaine Bear is finally rolling out, so I thought I'd ask if anyone managed to catch it

YOU SPEAK WORDS OF WISDOM, FELLOW OTH ENJOYER :geno:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

At this stage even though Shazam: Fury of the Gods is one my anticipated films of this year, I wouldn't be surprised if the tracking is going to open to that amount.
Oof wonder what happened. Results of Black Adam I assume? I remember how the first Shazam! was a decent hit.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I think it means that you can change the song whenever, but the rest of your team can only hear what you chose in private battles.

I love Off the hook as much as the next octoling but Pearls growl in the songs, i cant take it anymore
20230101_115731.jpg

That being said Sucker Punch is ginna be playing 24/7 in my lobby

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Oof wonder what happened. Results of Black Adam I assume? I remember how the first Shazam! was a decent hit.
I think it may have something to do with the lack of marketing and promotion.

I did notice that WB had been putting more marketing and promotion on The Flash which is due to show up at Cinema-con (which shows how confident WB are with the film since I did hear that its been getting positive reactions from test screenings.)

osby

Smash Obsessed

I did notice that WB had been putting more marketing and promotion on The Flash which is due to show up at Cinema-con (which shows how confident WB are with the film since I did hear that its been getting positive reactions from test screenings.)
Yeah, I was looking forward to Shazam 2 and literally forgot it was even coming out this month.

The Flash better turn out to be a freaking masterpiece with the way WB throws every other DC movie under the bus for it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Huh, seems to have been the case for the first film as well.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You know if they end up doing that Luigi's Mansion spin-off to the Mario movie in the future, they should definitely have Daisy tagging along with him.

I can already imagine a Shaggy and Velma situation. Also Daisy being more of the brave one. Lol.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know if they end up doing that Luigi's Mansion spin-off to the Mario movie in the future, they should definitely have Daisy tagging along with him.

I can already imagine a Shaggy and Velma situation. Also Daisy being more of the brave one. Lol.
Were Shaggy and Velma ever the leads in a Scooby-Doo media? I only recall Shaggy and Daphne being together in 13 Ghosts but even then there was Scooby, too.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SODAAA

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Marvel needs to let 616 Peter be happy
I just saw Alfreds ending in Fire emblem engage and my heart is a ****ing mess rn
the worst ending of them all…but it fits him

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Yeah, I was looking forward to Shazam 2 and literally forgot it was even coming out this month.

The Flash better turn out to be a freaking masterpiece with the way WB throws every other DC movie under the bus for it.
June is going to be highly competitive as the Flash comes out within the same month as Sony's Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Disney Pixar's Elementals and the new Indiana Jones film.

There were also recent test screenings for Aquaman: The Lost Kingdom and its not looking good according to several insiders.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I don't really have hope for it in the Pokémon Presents but I want a Pokkén Tournament 2.
I would love a sequel that expands the roster a lot more. the game was really well made and it’s a shame it’s like the 1 Wii U port that didn’t take off on switch.

My other dream announcement would be Conquest 2, Pokémon Warriors, or a remake/new entry in the colosseum series.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Marvel needs to let 616 Peter be happy
Ha, ha. Like THAT'S ever gonna happen.
June is going to be highly competitive as the Flash comes out within the same month as Sony's Spider-Man: Across the Spider-Verse, Disney Pixar's Elementals and the new Indiana Jones film.
And Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Ha, ha. Like THAT'S ever gonna happen.
Knowing comic books, unless the series ends, characters will not be able to get a happy ending. If they do, it might be short lived to spice up the drama. As a movie character once said....
Superman should be hella grateful for being one of the few heroes to not suffer like Spidey and Bats have been lately. Mans got a wife, cousin, and a quickly rushed grown son all while being forced to own a company

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I hate trying to make rosters for Marvel vs Capcom at this point because there are SO many characters on both sides that feel necessary to include and so many masters to serve as far as popular characters in the fan community of MvC specifically, general marvel content, old school marvel content, general and old school Capcom content, and just interesting strange picks that the roster is always either unrealistically huge or unsatisfying to me. I wish there was some way to fix all these issues but there really isn’t.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
man this final dungeon in P4G for Marie of all people is giving me depressing Maruki vibes, but I’m digging it

osby

Smash Obsessed
I hate trying to make rosters for Marvel vs Capcom at this point because there are SO many characters on both sides that feel necessary to include and so many masters to serve as far as popular characters in the fan community of MvC specifically, general marvel content, old school marvel content, general and old school Capcom content, and just interesting strange picks that the roster is always either unrealistically huge or unsatisfying to me. I wish there was some way to fix all these issues but there really isn’t.
Make it a gatcha game so you can add 200 characters and give Shuma-Gorath a swimsuit alt.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I'm really loving HunterxHunter. Finally 100 episodes in and the Chimera Ant Arc is just killer!

Definitely watching another five episodes tonight!

Under suggestion and recommendation, as soon as I'm done that series, gonna get to Neon Genesis Evangelion.

Following that being Record of Ragnanok, Demon Slayer then finally season 2 of Vinland Saga, all episodes should be out by then.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Kirby spoliers: Why am I fighting a butterfly?
because they’re evil ****ers based on the Scientology of SpongeBob? Because Peacemaker confirmed that they’re aliens? Or perhaps Kirby is the evil one? Either those or just cause

Last edited:
Top Bottom