• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Counter counter argument
Cute boys

And also i hear girl characters saying "I love you" so much that im so used to it. But hearing a boy straight up say "I love you" to another boy hits different especially since video games don't really do that

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
my personal experience with horses in BOTW was

I was too worried of losing them so I beeline for the DLC horse armor, put them on, and then immediately beeline for the Master Cycle so I don't have to use horses again

Honestly, I kinda like how Tears of the Kingdom is implimenting some more wacky stuff, I'm all for having more creative freedom in a game like this.
I charged straight into battle atop my mighty steed. If she died then she would have died a hero.

For the longest time I also thought apples restored their health which made me far less afraid then I probably should have been

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
King Moron lived a life, but he was a better teacher than…actually nvm he is probably the worst teacher in the Persona series despite not finishing P4 yet

also they overdid the Teddie cutscene in a completely reasonable way…and Laura Bailey’s voice by default makes Rise my favorite female character in this game
For everyone playing as Male alear. View attachment 367966
Put a ring on his finger
Ring was given to Timerra. Next playthrough will be with Falear marrying either Chloe or Ivy…and it’ll always be only those 3.

plus Alfred has that unfortunate fate

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok that Harry Potter topic from two pages back.

Sorry but the excuse your hurting the developers by not buying it, doesn’t work for me.

I never hated or loved Harry Potter either way. Seen the first few movies they were alright, the land at Universal is pretty cool in how they did it.

But if there’s trans developers or Jewish developers on this team and didn’t look at that story, and they knew the context behind JK Rowling, and didn’t go

“huh don’t you guys think theres Something not quite right with our story”

then that’s on them. It means they are blinded and submissive to the hatred JK spreads just because they had nostalgia for the series.

Which I can get that being why people buy the game( especially since the transphobia calling of buyers is dumb), but it doesn’t excuse the actions of the developers who had full control on this project allegedly.

On top of the fact everything else is just bad and bland about it. The IGN review was right and it’s hilarious that they gave it a 9/10.

It really shows that the game is just getting a pass to feed into the stereotypes and hatred of its creator, intentional or not( but honestly it’s a hard sell for me to believe they didn’t know this).

Im all for supporting developers, but not this time. There’s always a need for them elsewhere in the industry, and they didn’t have to design the game the way they did, but they did and that’s not ok in my book.

If people want to buy it then go ahead, I’m not going to harass them for it, but so far there’s a severe lack of respect for a big majority of the audience that wanted to support this game, and that’s not cool.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ok that Harry Potter topic from two pages back.

Sorry but the excuse your hurting the developers by not buying it, doesn’t work for me.

I never hated or loved Harry Potter either way. Seen the first few movies they were alright, the land at Universal is pretty cool in how they did it.

But if there’s trans developers or Jewish developers on this team and didn’t look at that story, and they knew the context behind JK Rowling, and didn’t go

“huh don’t you guys think theres Something not quite right with our story”

then that’s on them. It means they are blinded and submissive to the hatred JK spreads just because they had nostalgia for the series.

Which I can get that being why people buy the game( especially since the transphobia calling of buyers is dumb), but it doesn’t excuse the actions of the developers who had full control on this project allegedly.

On top of the fact everything else is just bad and bland about it. The IGN review was right and it’s hilarious that they gave it a 9/10.

It really shows that the game is just getting a pass to feed into the stereotypes and hatred of its creator, intentional or not( but honestly it’s a hard sell for me to believe they didn’t know this).

Im all for supporting developers, but not this time. There’s always a need for them elsewhere in the industry, and they didn’t have to design the game the way they did, but they did and that’s not ok in my book.

If people want to buy it then go ahead, I’m not going to harass them for it, but so far there’s a severe lack of respect for a big majority of the audience that wanted to support this game, and that’s not cool.
Honestly I'm not holding it against the devs. The way I see it they did their job and I hope they get to keep it. The people with the most creative control were probably white Christian men anyway.

The way I see it this game is just not worth anyone's energy

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
When you look at the area on the world map, it shows you a recommended level at the bottom right of the screen so try checking that more often. Worst case scenario, you can use the Arena every time you get in the Somniel and if you do the Skirmishes that are listed as Training at the bottom right of the screen, every unit automatically gets 30 exp when you finish the map, it's pretty useful.

Also yeah Byleth's paralogue sucks lmao I kept ****ing resetting thinking there was a special reward for making sure none of the crystals got destroyed only to find out that I took half an hour turning back time for nothing
Yeah I noticed the level after the fact lol. I had all promotions around level 10. Alear was like level 15. The skirmishes have been pretty challenging to, I can do a lot of damage to them, but get hit for a lot as well. So far the story levels haven’t been to bad, I’m on chapter 15.

And I thought that too about the pots, it I looked it up in case I was wrong lol.
With Toy Story 5 coming out, just want to remind y'all that this is canon to the Toy Story universe
View attachment 367965
The villain of 5 isn’t ready for when Sora drops the entirety of Thunder Mountain Railroad on them.
For everyone playing as Male alear. View attachment 367966
Put a ring on his finger
Nah, I’m S ranking Chloe. Alfred can get Yunaka because he’s a chad.
Honestly I'm not holding it against the devs. The way I see it they did their job and I hope they get to keep it. The people with the most creative control were probably white Christian men anyway.

The way I see it this game is just not worth anyone's energy
fair, but I also don’t like the excuse of that post a few pages back trying to use the devs as a shield from criticism. That’s not a good move either.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Damn, everying hoeing poor Alfred
Don’t worry, Diamant and Ivy have been spending time together for the S support. Celine and Alcryst are the other one I was working on. Their supports have been really good so far. After that I don’t know who to pair together.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Don’t worry, Diamant and Ivy have been spending time together for the S support. Celine and Alcryst are the other one I was working on. Their supports have been really good so far. After that I don’t know who to pair together.
I hate to say this but
the other units minus the Alears dont have S supports with eachother

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I hate to say this but
the other units minus the Alears dont have S supports with eachother
Well…
Damn, not even canon endings like prior games? I saw they didn’t have anything beyond A but thought S might be unlocked later.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
watched both episodes of Moon Girl & Devil Dinosaur, and they were amazing. Animation, the acting, the random Naruto cameo, and the music…pure golden kisses from the chef. No wonder why Marvel and Disney are deciding to push her into the media with such confidence

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
OK...... I don't get it. It's not his character forever. Someone else will eventually play him. It happens to every character. It's not disrespectful. It's the industry.
I know i'm really late on this but i just want to mention that i agree that them minimizing Igor's presence because his voice died is stupid, even by Japan standards.

Usually when they dont recast the character it's because the character is from an old IP or part of a rotating cast that most likely wont be seen ever again outside of crossover and cameo appearances so there's no point in giving that character a new VA when you know that guy wont be called in that often if at all.

Igor is an important character in Persona, there's no reason NOT to recast.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
King Moron lived a life, but he was a better teacher than…actually nvm he is probably the worst teacher in the Persona series despite not finishing P4 yet

also they overdid the Teddie cutscene in a completely reasonable way…and Laura Bailey’s voice by default makes Rise my favorite female character in this game
Is there really a Persona teacher that's worse then Kamoshida?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm making my way through Super robot wars Original generation for the first time.
I mainly played the "mainline" titles in this series so the OG sub-series is kinda new to me.

The main villains so far are called the Divine Crusaders, shortened to DC since this is a GBA game and they tended to shorten words to fit the text boxes, this lead to some pretty funny out of context lines like "DC are invading Africa!"

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
cancels good shows after 1 season
Netflix: "We are losing money"
makes account holder pay more
Netflix: "we are still losing money"
1676156952782.jpeg

“Why are people pirating our shows and movies?”
You think nintendo is gonna drop a render of TotK Ganon like they did link and zelda?
Maybe close to release, if not after release. They seem to want to keep his looks hidden.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Watching Breaking Bad in 2023 is so funny. Skylar White lost her **** iver Walt possibly smoking pot and like in 2008 sure it was still demonized, but it's so ****ing funny seeing her act like a terminal cancer patient smoke pot is the end of the ****ing world because nobody would give a **** in 2023

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
The half time report is in…

Team White Power has a 5% lead on milk. Gotta step it up and put a stop to this!

Top Bottom