• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I beat Byletth’s paralouge the other day.

I must have been pretty damn under leveled. My units did exactly 0 damage to him. Except for Alear and my mages who did very little.

If I didn’t have Freeze and Tiki I would not have been able to beat it. Also somehow got the max rewards.

No idea if I was suppose to be higher leveled and if this means I am under leveled for the rest of the game, but hopefully not.
When you look at the area on the world map, it shows you a recommended level at the bottom right of the screen so try checking that more often. Worst case scenario, you can use the Arena every time you get in the Somniel and if you do the Skirmishes that are listed as Training at the bottom right of the screen, every unit automatically gets 30 exp when you finish the map, it's pretty useful.

Also yeah Byleth's paralogue sucks lmao I kept ****ing resetting thinking there was a special reward for making sure none of the crystals got destroyed only to find out that I took half an hour turning back time for nothing

Reactions: Z25

osby

Smash Obsessed
OK...... I don't get it. It's not his character forever. Someone else will eventually play him. It happens to every character. It's not disrespectful. It's the industry.
iirc, they did recast some characters before. Though Isamu Tanonaka's voice is so heavily associated with Igor and he's a major character so that would stick out more. And seeing how they keep reusing his archived audio only to credit him as a special cast member, yeah, it seems like the team's way of respecting him.

So far, they were able to make do by making his new dialogue unvoiced so I guess there's not much reason to change it unless Igor suddenly gains a huge story importance in Persona 6.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, the whole "if you buy Hogwarts Legacy you're transphobic" argument is nonsense tbh. And I don't even want to play the game.
I understand the sentiment on don't harass people for playing Hogwarts and it doesn't make you an awful person, but saying that makes you more hateful than JK if you bully someone buying it is... a take.

A very bad one but it's definitely a take.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, the whole "if you buy Hogwarts Legacy you're transphobic" argument is nonsense tbh. And I don't even want to play the game.
Agreed. Plus, the thing is, the assumption of being transphobic for supporting a game like Hogwarts Legacy is not even that simple. Technically, the developers of the game have nothing to do with the author of the series or her transphobia in the first place. These people who pick on others for playing and enjoying the game are no better than the transphobic people they hate. They are just more haters, and I say they are not being or acting intelligent by doing what they do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Uh, you guys do realizing spoiling a game and just being a **** is nowhere near as destructive as what JK's doing right?

Like, it's wrong but they don't compare.
I would have to disagree. J.K. Rowling may be bad, but not only are those people picking on the people playing it with ignorance, but they are picking on the developers who had nothing to do with, or little even with J.K. Rowling's transphobia. With that said, it is not the developers', or even the players' fault that J.K. Rowling is transphobic. They are just making or playing the game. That is all.

I think you are defending the wrong people here. Their behavior is pretty much just as unacceptable. It can be more or equally destructive as J.K. Rowling's transphobia, but it is destructive nonetheless, and toxic, and unacceptable just as much.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would have to disagree. J.K. Rowling may be bad, but not only are those people picking on the people playing it with ignorance, but they are picking on the developers who had nothing to do with, or little even with J.K. Rowling's transphobia. With that said, it is not the developers', or even the players' fault that J.K. Rowling is transphobic. They are just making or playing the game. That is all.

I think you are defending the wrong people here. Their behavior is pretty much just as unacceptable.
I mean, I just think donating to foundations and being an advocate for the genocide of an innocent group of people with no remorse is substansially worse than spoiling a game.

Like don't harass the devs and all I get that (seriously, don't), but JK has significantly more power and influence and advocates for much worse than what a bunch of people on Twitter being ****heads do.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean, I just think donating to foundations and being an advocate for the genocide of an innocent group of people with no remorse is substansially worse than spoiling a game.

Like don't harass the devs and all I get that (seriously, don't), but JK has significantly more power and influence and advocates for much worse than what a bunch of people on Twitter being ****heads do.
I would not say any of that really matters, as long as the people on Twitter are being destructive and hateful, not to mention ignorant. They don't know how hard the developers worked on the game.It is not even simple to make a game at all. While J.K. Rowling may be a bad person, very bad, I do not think there is a comparative magnitude between her and the Twitter people as long as it is bad. Plus, her being transphobic has nothing to do with the developers making the game and those playing it. Playing a game, let alone making a game based on a transphobic person's works does not mean the people who make it or play it are transphobic. It is just not simple. And totally unfair.

I do think J.K. Rowling should be banned from Twitter, but the people who play and make the game are not the same as her, and should not be bullied just because of what they make or play.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Nobody forced Hogards Legacy developers to put anti-semitic **** in their game, that's fully on them and has nothing to do with blaming them for Rowling's politics. I agree that harassment is wrong but spare me with that "you're being more hateful" rhetoric.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would not say any of that really matters, as long as the people on Twitter are being destructive and hateful, not to mention ignorant. They don't know how hard the developers worked on the game.It is not even simple to make a game at all. While J.K. Rowling may be a bad person, very bad, I do not think there is a comparative magnitude between her and the Twitter people as long as it is bad. Plus, her being transphobic has nothing to do with the developers making the game and those playing it. Playing a game, let alone making a game based on a transphobic person's works does not mean the people who make it or play it are transphobic. It is just not simple. And totally unfair.

I do think J.K. Rowling should be banned from Twitter, but the people who play and make the game are not the same as her, and should not be bullied just because of what they make or play.
I mean I agree that bullying people does nothing good but you said, and I quote "These people who pick on others for playing and enjoying the game are no better than the transphobic people they hate." The tweet itself says that you are worse than JK if you bully people for enjoying Hogwarts. What I'm saying is that being a **** to people who want to enjoy a game is wrong, but is nowhere near as bad as what people like JK are doing.

Like both are bad, one is clearly worse

Nobody forced Hogards Legacy developers to put anti-semitic **** in their game, that's fully on them and has nothing to do with blaming them for Rowling's politics. I agree that harassment is wrong but spare me with that "you're being more hateful" rhetoric.
Unfortunately, the anti-semitism was also JKs doing (iirc, it was in the book). Either way that's be more of a writers issue and the directors issue than the developers if they made it worse

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean I agree that bullying people oes nothing good but you said, and I quote "These people who pick on others for playing and enjoying the game are no better than the transphobic people they hate." The tweet itself says that you are worse than JK if you bully people for enjoying Hogwarts. What I'm saying is that being a **** to people who want to enjoy a game is wrong, but is nowhere near as bad as what people like JK are doing.

Like both are bad, one is clearly worse
Well, I do think it doesn't matter how bad one is acting compared to another. Maybe, just maybe, though, it is just me.

Also, maybe more hateful, I admit, is not the right word. Just hateful would do in this case. Either way, I don't support J.K. Rowling at all, and not only do I have no interest in the game, I have no interest in Harry Potter. Either way, I was never saying J.K. was innocent, or that she at least does not deserve more hate than the haters at least.

I mean, I do think both are bad no matter what, but I can see which is worse, at least.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Anyway, to simply finish what I said, I do not support J.K. Rowling's words and actions at all, nor do I support transphobia. I just had a different way of looking at this.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I understand the sentiment on don't harass people for playing Hogwarts and it doesn't make you an awful person, but saying that makes you more hateful than JK if you bully someone buying it is... a take.

A very bad one but it's definitely a take.
It doesnt make you more hateful but it sure does make you look like an ass and is really the quickest way to make people not listen to you which is exactly what is happening

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
If people don't want to listen to others because they got spoiled on a ****ty racist, anti-Semitic, transphobic wizard game that isn't even good then there's more of a problem with them.

Get your priorities right and stop supporting Rowling you useless *****.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It doesnt make you more hateful but it sure does make you look like an ass and is really the quickest way to make people not listen to you which is exactly what is happening
That's my argument. You look like an ass but doesn't compare to what JK does. The post in question says it makes you worse than JK and transphobes, it doesn't. At worst you just get people to stop listening

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
That's my argument. You look like an ass but doesn't compare to what JK does. The post in question says it makes you worse than JK and transphobes, it doesn't. At worst you just get people to stop listening
Wanna know something odd? Most of those commenting on that tweet seem to be saying thank you and that they agree.

They must not understand about the “more hateful” part.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I don't think so. Igor never appears in Arena or PQ games and others use the Velvet Room just fine.

The real life explanation is that ever since his voice actor's passing sometime around P4G's release, devs had to reduce Igor's role so he doesn't appear as often.
That explains why he’s had 2 regular voice replacements and then the other Igor Ren is stuck with.
Also yeah Byleth's paralogue sucks lmao I kept ****ing resetting thinking there was a special reward for making sure none of the crystals got destroyed only to find out that I took half an hour turning back time for nothing
Byleth was being pure evil with his map

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Wanna know something odd? Most of those commenting on that tweet seem to be saying thank you and that they agree.

They must not understand about the “more hateful” part.
Well he had a valid point otherwise but he threw in that last sentence which really ruins his whole sentiment. As for why people are thanking him, either they can't read or they don't care.

Edit: and for the record, I can't stop pepple from enjoying Hogwarts. Like I'm not gonna get on their ass if they like HP and want to play a HP game, but I find it disingenious to say those who are boycotting a little too hard are as bad as JK.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
As the Resident Jew™ I feel I must interject.

The first thing I saw this morning was that the goblins in Hogwarts legacy have a horn that's suspiciously similar to a shofar, an instrument notably used by Jews in celebrations such as the new year.

Yeah, the devs may not necessarily be transphobic but there is no way they didn't know what they were doing there. I don't support harrassment of anyone but at the same time, I don't think defending this game is a hill worth dying on.

Late but how does it compare to eating a chicken sandwich
Chicken Sandwich better

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well he had a valid point otherwise but he threw in that last sentence which really ruins his whole sentiment. As for why people are thanking him, either they can't read or they don't care.
I understand on the first part you said. As for the second? THAT is exactly what I was talking about!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Thr first thing I saw this morning was that the goblins in Hogwarts legacy have a horn that's suspiciously similar to a shofar, an instrument notably used by Jews in celebrations such as the new year.

Yeah, the devs may not necessarily be transphobic but there is no way they didn't know what they were doing there. I don't support harrassment of anyone but at the same time, I don't think defending this game is a hill worth dying on.
I mean it's 100% intentional considering JK made goblins very clearly Jewish in her book. Like you can't go against unfortunate world building (Remember, same girl who named her characters Cho Chang (Asian), Kingsley Shacklebolt (Black), and now Sirona Ryan (Trans)).

Also from my understanding the game is mid as **** so I have 0 idea why people are going for bat

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean it's 100% intentional considering JK made goblins very clearly Jewish in her book. Like you can't go against unfortunate world building (Remember, same girl who named her characters Cho Chang (Asian), Kingsley Shacklebolt (Black), and now Sirona Ryan (Trans)).

Also from my understanding the game is mid as **** so I have 0 idea why people are going for bat
See here's the thing

They didn't have to do any of that **** with the goblins. The goblins were literally just bankers with a not very friendly attitude in the books, and not much was elaborated on their culture. They were definitely Jewish stereotypes but if I'm being completely honest, most Goblins in media fall into that trap and Rowling isn't exactly known for being an expert at research, so I was willing to give her the benefit the doubt.

This game is to my knowledge the first time the Goblins are ever at the spotlight in this franchise and... yeah it's not a good look. It actually gets worse the more you look into the historical context.

Last edited:
Top Bottom