• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
This one is actually a way bigger L.

It was gonna be more traditional, but more importantly:
biggest missed opportunity

Reactions: Z25

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Imagine if they brought back the idea of the old black and white Harman and Ising era Looney Tunes where they take a real song and have the characters sing it but construct gags and a mini story around it. If you still do them in black and white rubbehose but use modern songs then the dissonance could be pretty funny. Just, you know.... without the frequent instances of racism those shorts often featured.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
…actually this one works pretty well for me

I honestly don’t know if DC actually has a real say in this (beyond Jim Lee that is) or if it’s just WBD trying to make big bucks quickly…but if they mess with the Zatanna and Blue Beetle movies, there will be war

and if they mess with the Harley Quinn series, it’s future spinoff series about Kite-Man, and don’t renew Young Justice for a 5th season, there will be more war
I'm not sad to see another bat-spinoff go. Just like i wasn't sad to see all those x-men solo outings under fox go. DC is more then just Batman and his Depressing Friends, it's time they started acting like it.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
There’s apparently a rumor going on that HBO Max will shut down and become part of Discovery+.

All I have to say is… good thing I finished Ed Edd n Eddy before things get ugly.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Insomniac Spider-Man 2 news incoming
I'm not sad to see another bat-spinoff go. Just like i wasn't sad to see all those x-men solo outings under fox go. DC is more then just Batman and his Depressing Friends, it's time they started acting like it.
Batman is the only depressing person tho. More often than not the rest of the family (even Damian nowadays) have their fun and happiness despite being bat people…plus they canned a practically finished movie
There’s apparently a rumor going on that HBO Max will shut down and become part of Discovery+.

All I have to say is… good thing I finished Ed Edd n Eddy before things get ugly.
best to keep worries a bit low since Grace is involved in the reports (she has a habit in having big misses)

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
damn you tax related stuff

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
damn you tax related stuff
same thing keeping a couple of really good CN shows off the platform. Just never able to be watched or sold on home media. Essentially lost media for no good reason. sucks.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
same thing keeping a couple of really good CN shows off the platform. Just never able to be watched or sold on home media. Essentially lost media for no good reason. sucks.
to them saving money on projects most wanted to see is a good reason

to the ones wanting said product, it’s some sort of inescapable hell we must eternally live through due to the owner and their denial to let the world be happy

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
What's interesting is that some shows that are tax write offs are available on iTunes.

Megas XLR, Sym-Bionic Titan, Beware the Batman.

All of them were written off for taxes. And yet all of them are on iTunes to purchase (and in the case of Batman, on HBO Max.

Same can't be said for some of the shows purged from the internet last month such as Final Space and Snowpiercer.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
What's interesting is that some shows that are tax write offs are available on iTunes.

Megas XLR, Sym-Bionic Titan, Beware the Batman.

All of them were written off for taxes. And yet all of them are on iTunes to purchase (and in the case of Batman, on HBO Max.

Same can't be said for some of the shows purged from the internet last month such as Final Space and Snowpiercer.
They would earn major brownie points if they uploaded these shows in good quality to their sight and service but you could watch them without paying. No ads. No nothing. Just doing it as a marketing stunt. Never gonna happen but I would love it.

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm on vacation rn and the time zone for the Presents is actually 6am here where as it'd be at like 8 where I actually live.

Pain.
That honestly doesn't seem that bad to me. Just open up the livestream on your phone before you go to bed, and when you wake up in the morning (presumably after 6 AM) you can watch it - and even skip through the boring bits.
really? why? it should be the other way around if anything. HBO has the better branding. These corporations baffle me.
Zaslav, the new CEO of the company, is from the Discovery side of the company so it almost makes sense he would favor his service. He's also a penny-pinching cheapskate and unscripted content is way cheaper than scripted, so there's that.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
That honestly doesn't seem that bad to me. Just open up the livestream on your phone before you go to bed, and when you wake up in the morning (presumably after 6 AM) you can watch it - and even skip through the boring bits.

Zaslav, the new CEO of the company, is from the Discovery side of the company so it almost makes sense he would favor his service. He's also a penny-pinching cheapskate and unscripted content is way cheaper than scripted, so there's that.
Buy WARNER BROS and de-emphasize the scripted content. This man needs to be put down.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You're preaching to the choir here, these decisions are horrible. I'm just trying to find out the why.

It's funny how Warner might have been better when owned by AT&T.
It's funny that WB is the second largest company behind Disney, but Disney owns itself and WB gets shuffled around from owner to owner. Would be really nice if WB could just break away and become it's own business like Disney.

Top Bottom