• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay now they are just rubbing salt in the wound, i just checked my email. I got the guilmon code, (You know the thing the Digimon fandom was complaining about not getting with their copies of the game) but MY copy of the game didn't show up.

So, like... What happens if i enter a download code for a game that's not on my switch into the eshop?
The game's icon will appear on your Switch, and the DLC will be on there, but you won't be able to play it until you actually get the game.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Night race:

1659448891812.png

“You can call me Night Empusa. I enjoy long strolls under the moonlight.”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Greek mythology. A demonic female phantom with shape-shifting abilities that are said to serve Hecate. They have a single copper leg in some legends, while the others say their second leg is of a donkey’s or made of donkey dung or they have multiple legs. An empusa can shapeshift into a bull, a mule, a dog, or a beautiful woman, sometimes using the latter form to get close to young men, seducing them to drink their blood.

Skills: Life Drain, Zio, Lullaby

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avian race.

I like when some mythical creatures are like “this thing has a weird leg” and then nobody can come to an agreement on what’s so weird about it. I personally prefer the versions where empusa have one brass and one donkey leg. Her design in SMT is a pretty woman with a body that mixes human, donkey, and dog parts. If you think the design looks a bit specific, you’d be right, as it is inspired by the lamia (another vampiric Greek demoness) drawing in Edward Topsell's History of Four-Footed Beasts.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
Am I selfish or entitled for wanting a Warner Bros. Platform fighter crossover that's not Multiversus? Like... plays differently (closer to smash, less RPG/MOBA mechanics), not free to play, more single player content... some post launch DLC but still a decently big game.... just like.... something more my speed...

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This week I'm watching Big Trouble in Little China and Bloodsport. Kind of in martial artists kick this week.

Next week will be The Iron Giant and Close Encounters of the Third Kind.

This week. Martial arts, next week Aliens.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Am I selfish or entitled for wanting a Warner Bros. Platform fighter crossover that's not Multiversus? Like... plays differently (closer to smash, less RPG/MOBA mechanics), not free to play, more single player content... some post launch DLC but still a decently big game.... just like.... something more my speed...
Didn't you make the exact same post the other day?

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Got the Nintendo 64 Expansion on my Switch.

Planning to get Paper Mario, and the two Banjo games.

Any other games you guys recommend at some point? Already got Super Mario 64 as part of the All-Stars Collection.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it just isn't your thing.

Personally, I'm enjoying having a platform fighter that's doing things in a unique way and doesn't strain my budget (video games got ridiculously expensive this year). Still, I agree that zero single-player content is a big downside, even if the game's still in beta technically. I hope they add some later down the line.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
nobody responded so i modified is slightly and posted it here in the hopes for engagement.
I don't think you're gonna get much more by posting it twice. But I already responded so I might as well be the one to answer first.

A few years back I really wanted Disney to buy 20th Century Fox because I wanted Fantastic Four and X-Men stuff in the MCU. That merger (which ended up happening) would be horrible for the entertainment industry because it would increase Disney's grip on everything, so in that way it was pretty selfish. But people like what they like, and unless they actively and directly hurt other people, I don't think it's that bad. That's my take.

On a side note, a few years have passed and my priorities regarding Disney and their monopoly took a complete 180 but that's neither here nor there

Noipoi

Howdy!

Wow, you want something that appeals specifically to your tastes. That’s just basic human nature, you dingus.

Can’t believe you had to ask that:239:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I learned that the Pokémon Rusty series will turn 10 years old later this year.

I now have the sudden urge to suck on hard candy, eat prunes, and yell at those dang whippersnappers to get off my lawn.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Got the Nintendo 64 Expansion on my Switch.

Planning to get Paper Mario, and the two Banjo games.

Any other games you guys recommend at some point? Already got Super Mario 64 as part of the All-Stars Collection.
Almost missed this post but Star Fox 64 is good. Dr. Mario 64 is my favorite puzzle game but it might be an acquired taste for some.

And if you have a Japanese account, you can gain access to Custom Robo and Custom Robo V2 (they're not in English though).

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

someone should never stop Frieza
Both have massive writing problems. With Falcon and Winter Soldier it mostly comes down to its antagonists, John Walker did NOT deserve a redemption arc and Sharon Carter being the Power Broker is some of the stupidest **** I've seen in a Marvel thing.
Doctor Strange 2 to me proves that the titular character cannot carry a movie all on his own no matter how good the actor playing him is, and the continuation for Wanda's arc from WandaVision makes no ****ing sense. It had good directing but cool visuals can't make up for bad character writing in my opinion.
actually he isn’t really redeemed. He went out there to avenge his friend’s death and did so. Plus he’s currently working with Val and will be apart of the Thunderbolts, so John will be busy with not being an anti-hero.

As for Strange, he finally learned to accept moving on and allowing a happy life after 5 onscreen years of thinking his way is the only way instead of relying on others. That and he decided to move on with his love life instead of forcing himself to not love another woman as his own punishment of sorts. It took seeing Wanda’s obsession with wanting happiness of her own (and seeing how every other Strange without much will power tries to force Christine into their lives only to suffer worse fates) to realize he was ****ing up in life. The Spider-Man and America Chavez factors help of course, those mostly humbled him instead of fully improving his maturity and stable adult life……and then Wanda has a whole lotta other words to go with her child obsessed ways that probably could’ve gotten more twisted than in the comics if they wanted

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I don't think there's anything wrong with that, it just isn't your thing.

Personally, I'm enjoying having a platform fighter that's doing things in a unique way and doesn't strain my budget (video games got ridiculously expensive this year). Still, I agree that zero single-player content is a big downside, even if the game's still in beta technically. I hope they add some later down the line.
I just don't like the way a lot of the movesets are built, a lot of the characters play in really unsatisfying ways to me. Or at least the ones i've tried because i can't just play with everyone. I have to earn currency to buy them, either IRL or in the game. And man am i just tired of playing against real people. It all feels so random and unfocused and yet i still somehow loose so often. I just wanna be able to fight the computer like I do in Smash and Nick Brawl.

My logic just goes that maybe if the game was structured more similarly to smash then maybe the move-sets would be built differently. Certain characters would just have different tools in different places. And maybe certain moves would just be different all together (seriously why does Wonder Woman have three specials revolving around her boring ass shield and not iconic techniques like the bracelets bouncing bullets or throwing the tiara).

And like, it really all just gets to me because Warner Bros was my Disney growing up. Those kids who grow up watching a tonne of Disney movies and shows and being totally obsessed? That was me for WB. And it just really disappoints me that the game isn't jiving with me. But then I feel like every time I talk about it I'm just being selfish or entitled because clearly so many people like it and my reasons seem like nitpicks. Clearly lots of people just don't have a problem with it and think it's fine.

And yes, I know it's a beta. But that doesn't give me much hope for change. The only thing I can really hope to be different is that they add more single player content. But if I'm not jiving with how the game is otherwise constructed, that's not really much of anything.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I just don't like the way a lot of the movesets are built, a lot of the characters play in really unsatisfying ways to me. Or at least the ones i've tried because i can't just play with everyone. I have to earn currency to buy them, either IRL or in the game. And man am i just tired of playing against real people. It all feels so random and unfocused and yet i still somehow loose so often. I just wanna be able to fight the computer like I do in Smash and Nick Brawl.
You can select matches against Bots in the matchmaking menu. So you can do that if you don't want to fight real fellas.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
You can select matches against Bots in the matchmaking menu. So you can do that if you don't want to fight real fellas.
I know that, but I can't customize their difficulty like you can in smash so they body me too. It's irritating because there are so many ways to play kind of close to the way I want to but then it's bungled up by lacking customization options. But I guess that's just because "it's a beta"

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I know that, but I can't customize their difficulty like you can in smash so they body me too. It's irritating because there are so many ways to play kind of close to the way I want to but then it's bungled up by lacking customization options. But I guess that's just because "it's a beta"
If the CPU is too strong, just keep fighting it. You'll eventually get better and better with practice, and you'll get to know your moveset in trial by fire. The tougher the wall, the more you can chip down at it till it breaks. Practice makes perfect.

Top Bottom