• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Nah fam.

More King Shark.
…so more Cena and Harley got it
it really do be like that tho

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
My predictions for Pokémon:

Pokemom Sleep is never mentioned again. It was a money laundering scheme.

GO gets the new forms from Legends they don’t have. Insert random event here.

Explorers of Sky gets remade. It’s out early next year. 5 new special episodes.

Pokémon Trozei returns to Mobile.

Gamefreak pretends Cafe Remix is successful.

Masters Ex gets a look at Synga Suit Wally and Deoxys for the Hoenn Villain Arc 2. Tease of the anniversary units. It’s everyone’s favorite, Leon gets a 5th alt.

Scarlet and violet shows off all 3 gimmicks, gives us the first 2 Gym leaders, and and a few new Pokémon. Maybe one of the regionals but based on leaked info I don’t think we are seeing the regionals before release. Maybe the one with a new evolution.

DLC will not be revealed but will be mentioned as a possibility.

We get a tease at whatever the story is.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
thank the worlds
Did it go downhill or something? I stopped watching around season 3, partially due to my work schedule overlapping with the time that new episodes aired and partially due to the first three seasons being very formulaic with their main villains. (the third time they repeated the "evil speedster" plotline, I could see the reveal of their identity coming long before the end of the season)

Also, it's crazy that this show and the Flash movie were announced around the same time, the show's been through nine seasons, and the movie hasn't released yet.

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Now the only thing to do is can The Flash movie and throw it in the trash bin where it belongs. That movie is set up to be a train disaster.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I am actively hoping every Marvel and DC movie on the way is going to flop hard so that superhero movies will finally be able to die off. The MCU is so far past its prime, the Sony MCU was a horrible idea with even worse execution, and the DCEU has been begging for a mercy kill since its inception.

Keep the animated Spider-Verse tho, first movie slapped hard

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I am actively hoping every Marvel and DC movie on the way is going to flop hard so that superhero movies will finally be able to die off. The MCU is so far past its prime, the Sony MCU was a horrible idea with even worse execution, and the DCEU has been begging for a mercy kill since its inception.

Ha ha as if that'll happen anytime soon.

I'd also throw in the separate DC films in there too. Joker and The Batman were really good films. The Suicide Squad and Shazam! I treat as their own separate films having nothing to do with the DCEU and will continue that with sequels they have.

Guardians 3 is probably the only MCU film I'm excited for at this point.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
only playing Batgirl unless I’m forced to use someone else
Did it go downhill or something? I stopped watching around season 3, partially due to my work schedule overlapping with the time that new episodes aired and partially due to the first three seasons being very formulaic with their main villains. (the third time they repeated the "evil speedster" plotline, I could see the reveal of their identity coming long before the end of the season)

Also, it's crazy that this show and the Flash movie were announced around the same time, the show's been through nine seasons, and the movie hasn't released yet.
show spend a good chunk of the series after season 4 being downhill. 5-7 and parts of 8 were having more obvious misses than the other seasons (both with and without speedster villains), and quickly ended up with a lot of questionable acting moments. Didn’t help that Stargirl and Superman & Lois (both shows thankfully not being apart of the Arrowverse…anymore for the latter’s case).

also the finale airing a few weeks before the Flash movie…if it actually does release…while being announced a week after the series premiered is crazy

you keep the Spider-Verse and you keep all the other superhero movies and shows. They’ve been going on since the 60s (probably beyond), and will never die…ever ever…all the popular things will live until the very end of time

also Sony’s side is known as the SSU (Sony’s Spider-Man Universe…which currently doesn’t have a Spider-Man)

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Ha ha as if that'll happen anytime soon.

I'd also throw in the separate DC films in there too. Joker and The Batman were really good films. The Suicide Squad and Shazam! I treat as their own separate films having nothing to do with the DCEU and will continue that with sequels they have.

Guardians 3 is probably the only MCU film I'm excited for at this point.
Considering it happened with every other popular genre before, it's gonna happen sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.

you keep the Spider-Verse and you keep all the other superhero movies and shows. They’ve been going on since the 60s (probably beyond), and will never die…ever ever…all the popular things will live until the very end of time
Honestly I'm super down for new animated shows if they're of the same quality as Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes or the DCAU, I'm just sick of this cinematic universe ****

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Considering it happened with every other popular genre before, it's gonna happen sooner or later. Hopefully sooner.
In all honestly I would argue it's "MCU fatigue" then "superhero fatigue". Because outside of that we've had some of the DCEU films (Shazam! and The Suicide Squad), Joker, The Batman, Into the Spider-Verse films and not to mention the upcoming Stallone film Samaritan which looks very promising especially with its dark and gritty approach similar to Unbreakable starring Bruce Willis.

As Samaritan supposedly shows. It all comes down to the execution, premise and tone.

Which is the problem with the MCU. They've pretty much stuck to the same formula since post-Guardians, it really began starting to show since Black Panther. Of course this could be all just personal opinion as the last MCU film I truly loved was Guardians 2.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
In all honestly I would argue it's "MCU fatigue" then "superhero fatigue". Because outside of that we've had some of the DCEU films (Shazam! and The Suicide Squad), Joker, The Batman, Into the Spider-Verse films and not to mention the upcoming Stallone film Samaritan which looks very promising especially with its dark and gritty approach similar to Unbreakable.

As Samaritan supposedly shows. It all comes down to the execution, premise and tone.
I mean, to the general public it's all the same thing. I asked my dad the other day if he's seen The Batman and he told me that he's sick of superhero products. And as someone who really enjoyed The Batman, I can't exactly dispute that

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

also Sony’s side is known as the SSU (Sony’s Spider-Man Universe…which currently doesn’t have a Spider-Man)
While that is fairly true. The MCU is what kickstarted the superhero genre to the popularity where its at now.

And as mentioned. The problem isn't "superhero fatigue" but more "MCU fatigue" given the formula its stuck to rather then trying different ones for each of their movies (Over the top goofy and campy like for the Guardians films, more serious like The Winter Soldier and Civil War just to list of examples. Infinity War and Endgame especially should've had a tone more like The Winter Soldier and Civil War).

Last edited:

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

I... have genuinely no words

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I mean, to the general public it's all the same thing. I asked my dad the other day if he's seen The Batman and he told me that he's sick of superhero products. And as someone who really enjoyed The Batman, I can't exactly dispute that
I mean action movies are still very prominent but you don't see people complaining about them. The same could probably be said for many other genres.

Again it all comes down to execution, premise and tone.

I still say the problem is more with the MCU then superheroes as a whole.

Of course everyone has their opinion regardless such as your father.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Happy Spider-Man Day

Honestly I'm super down for new animated shows if they're of the same quality as Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes or the DCAU, I'm just sick of this cinematic universe ****
stuff like Mario and Pokémon are still doing quite fine tbf. Then when it comes to more cinematic stuff, Star Wars. Sure episodes 8 and 9…and Solo…weren’t there best of movies, but everything else surrounding it were pure yesness
While that is fairly true. The MCU is what kickstarted the superhero genre to the popularity where its at now.

And as mentioned. The problem isn't "superhero fatigue" but more "MCU fatigue" given the formula its stuck to rather then trying different ones for each of their movies.
moreso the MCU as a whole kicked it into maximum overdrive, but movies like Spider-Man, X-Men, and Dark Knight is what really kickstarted it tbh. And sure the “MCU fatigue” thing can be thrown in for the vocals, but it’s not big enough to stop the amount of hype people still got over Phases 5 and 6 being unveiled.

tho MCU aside, and beyond both Marvel and DC tbh, the superhero genre as a whole continues to continue expanding their success. Be it through properties like TMNT, My Hero Academia, Invincible, and The Boys (and the Great Saiyaman obviously), it may honestly be hard to truly kill it for the overall public or to truly get tired of the genre without liking one of the projects.

Edit: oh god more words…man I’m finna need to stop

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

you just had the words come out

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

I feel like every tweet that I see about this show makes it sound like the ramblings of a crazy person.

I get that Archie Comics can get weird (I've read Archie vs. Predator), but I don't think anyone knows what's going on. I think the show had a time-skip a couple of seasons back where Archie joined the army, and I'm pretty sure there was an episode involving multiple cults being in Riverdale at the same time.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like every tweet that I see about this show makes it sound like the ramblings of a crazy person.

I get that Archie Comics can get weird (I've read Archie vs. Predator), but I don't think anyone knows what's going on. I think the show had a time-skip a couple of seasons back where Archie joined the army, and I'm pretty sure there was an episode involving multiple cults being in Riverdale at the same time.
These are AI generated tweets. They have to be.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The best movies came out specifically during the time when I was a kid.
Of course I'm not saying all movies after the 2000s are bad. Plenty I've enjoyed in the 2010s and this decade. My personal opinion they just don't hold the candle as ones did back in the 80s, 90s and 2000s.

The HTTYD trilogy is without a doubt timeless gems.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
stuff like Mario and Pokémon are still doing quite fine tbf. Then when it comes to more cinematic stuff, Star Wars. Sure episodes 8 and 9…and Solo…weren’t there best of movies, but everything else surrounding it were pure yesness
The MCU is already declining in quality, just look at Black Widow, Dr. Strange 2, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and ****ing Thor Love and Thunder, and those are just the ones I watched

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Black Widow.

Lol the same film where the titular lead couldn't fight the main villain because of a pheromone and so to bypass it broke her own goddamn nose. That **** is absurd.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Honestly it’s probably going to make a ton of money. The test screenings praised Ezra’s acting and Michael Keaton will sell it. Because the casual market probably just doesn’t care.
This is gonna depend on how WB go about with Ezra Miller going on a rampage.
They can't honestly promote the film in this scenario and it's not exactly easy for them to just do reshoots with someone else as Flash.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
None of ya think Ezra Miller's current incident ain't gonna hurt the movies box office performance?

That movie is still gonna be a flaming disaster regardless of how it does.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The MCU is already declining in quality, just look at Black Widow, Dr. Strange 2, Falcon and Winter Soldier, and ****ing Thor Love and Thunder, and those are just the ones I watched
It depends on what you watched; Shang-Chi was solid, Hawkeye was fun, and Ms. Marvel was great.

(I generally have liked the Marvel movies/shows that I've seen, though I felt like some of the Disney Plus shows were rushed towards the end, and Dr. Strange 2 had great directing but poor writing, especially when it came to Wanda)

This is gonna depend on how WB go about with Ezra Miller going on a rampage.
They can't honestly promote the film in this scenario and it's not exactly easy for them to just do reshoots with someone else as Flash.
Part of me hopes that they pull an Imaginarium Of Doctor Parnassus and make it so the Flash's actor changes when he goes to a different universe because something something Speed Force. (I doubt it will, though, since I've seen a clip of him going to the CW Flash's universe, so it's already established that this wouldn't happen)

Last edited:
Top Bottom