• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The physical version of Digimon Survive not getting Guilmon is bull****.

It's straight up false advertising, they promoted that he would be in as day 1 bonus and yet when people (somehow) bought physical copies there was no code.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Bruh everyone here should try out Live A Live, genuinely ****ing amazed at how good it is with being able to have something for everyone and doing all sorts of uncoventional ****. You want Mazinger meets Kamen Rider which is anime as **** in the best way possible? You want Street Fighter 2? You want Space Odyssey 2001 and all the terror that's there with it? You ****ing got it, can't believe my GOTY came out 28 years ago

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today marks 2 months since we got the second trailer for Scarlet and Violet.

Thankfully there's good evidence we might not to wait much longer

Last edited:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
...I don't even know what to say about this one, really.
M MooMew64 @Pokelego999 TheMightyP TheMightyP Metal Shop X Metal Shop X
Silver you slow dumbo sussy-o himbo hedgedog, Sonic already said the two big words you tried to prevent, for Sonic '06 sake, do your job better.
Deltarune speculation stuff:

So I honestly have no idea exactly what direction they're going with the character of the Knight, if they're even a character to begin with (A few characters actually call the Knight an "it", muddling things further).

But if is a character, and one we're familiar with, then a confrontation with a battle theme like this would be pretty sick.

The Knight is probably a character, It is used is for mystery sake im' guessing , as well as to avoid hinting at a any humans characters being the Knight. ( for the record, I don't believe Kris, or for whatever freakin' reason, Chara is The Knight)
Exploring in XC3 is still really fun and everything looks gorgeous but I can't say that any area has struck me as particularly memorable so far. Music seems a lot more subdued for the locales as well, although that's not necessarily a bad thing.

Just in Chapter 3 though so things can certainly change on both fronts.
It's weird. I do agree with what you say about the world (currently in chapter 3 too) but there's also a few places that are memorable enough for me to remember. Like in the desert with the giant gear you walk there a few times. Or the big machine you find in the first plain of the game that serve as a good rest spot.

I do see why the world lack lots of setpieces, being a world of war and all, it ain't going to look pretty, but it's definitly a mixed bag atm.

Guess we have to see what the rest of the game has to offer.

Last edited:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Champion
LET'S
HECKING
GOOOOO

Anyway, I'm curious, what are some Nintendo announcements you'd like to see in the next year or so? Here's a few of mine...
  • Splatoon 3 news
  • A new Mario platformer
  • A Kirby collection that features a LOT of his past games, and is getting released worldwide (glares at Dream Collection)
  • News on BOTW 2
  • News on Metroid Prime 4
  • Fire Emblem Fates remade for the Switch with some of Three Houses' features and all available paths
  • By some miracle, new Kid Icarus content

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
LET'S
HECKING
GOOOOO

Anyway, I'm curious, what are some Nintendo announcements you'd like to see in the next year or so? Here's a few of mine...
  • Splatoon 3 news
  • A new Mario platformer
  • A Kirby collection that features a LOT of his past games, and is getting released worldwide (glares at Dream Collection)
  • News on BOTW 2
  • Fire Emblem Fates remade for the Switch with some of Three Houses' features and all available paths
Personally I’d like to hear more about a supposed GB/GBC and GBA emulators for the Switch online service.

Also Splatoon story news, some Bayonetta news, and a surprise new game.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I'm crossing my fingers for Detective Pikachu Switch to show up.

The 3DS game has been stuck on a cliffhanger for 4 years now.

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Snake race:

1659362035024.png

“I am Snake Vritra... The one presiding over the universe... Let us end this world in a blaze of glory....”

Alignment: Neutral-Chaos

Origin: Hindu mythology. Vritra is a demonic dragon and one of the, if not the most powerful asura. His name means “enveloper” and as the embodiment of drought, he opposes the chief god who governs over rain and thunder, Indra. Described as a serpent long enough to coil around mountains and touch the clouds with his head, Vritra once was defeated by Indra when he tried to keep all the water in the world inside his stomach.

Skills: Fire Breath, Ziodyne, Me Patra, Power Punch

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Night race.

Later legends characterize Vritra as a worshipper of Vishnu who went astray, which explains his more humanoid design in here. His previous design was merely a red eastern dragon so his current look is much more creative. It’s weird how it took until Soul Hackers 2 for him to get a 3D model. As the nemesis of Indra, Vritra is no slouch so expect him to have all kinds of strong four-elemental magic, especially thunder.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
LET'S
HECKING
GOOOOO

• Splatoon 3 news
  • A new Mario platformer
  • News on BOTW 2
Domkey Komg
Also new Fire Emblem

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Whose ready for the Pokémon Presents this week?
Pokémon Presents announced. The drought is over.
Your welcome lol.

Bottom text
I was only being slightly funny. I was just 100 percent believing it had to be this week based on other things. Like how Mario kart was dropped right before Xenoblade released. I figured Pokémon news was next and would come right before Mario kart had its update released.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Hugh Time
Did not realize that Evo was happening so soon.

I'm hoping that we'll get a Marvel vs. Capcom collection announcement, though I doubt it. (I'm not sure if Evo's back to being in-person or not, or if we'll get announcements in the final rounds or not)

If we do get announcements, I feel like we're going to get Tekken 8, whatever Netherrealm's working on, a Street Fighter 6 character reveal (not sure if they'd go with a classic character or a newcomer), and maybe a new Dragon Ball FighterZ character from the newest movie. (assuming that the game is still getting DLC - not sure if Lab Coat Android 21 was added because they already had the model or if they had plans for more content beyond her)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Eh, it was alright.

Much better than the first movie, to be sure, but I still think the character dynamics could've been a lot better.
aka the movie needed more John Cena and Harley Quinn together
Did not realize that Evo was happening so soon.

I'm hoping that we'll get a Marvel vs. Capcom collection announcement, though I doubt it. (I'm not sure if Evo's back to being in-person or not, or if we'll get announcements in the final rounds or not)

If we do get announcements, I feel like we're going to get Tekken 8, whatever Netherrealm's working on, a Street Fighter 6 character reveal (not sure if they'd go with a classic character or a newcomer), and maybe a new Dragon Ball FighterZ character from the newest movie. (assuming that the game is still getting DLC - not sure if Lab Coat Android 21 was added because they already had the model or if they had plans for more content beyond her)
I legit didn’t realize she came out until this very moment…and it seems like people lost interest in FighterZ competitively due to her being busted as ****

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The Pokemon Presents will announce the third part of the Shadow Pokemon games trilogy (aka sequel to XD: Gales of Darkness), Half-Life 3, Breath of the Wild 2, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 4, Pokemon Sleep, Pokemon Battle Revolution 2, Super Mario Odyssey 2 and every long-awaited sequel ever.

:4pacman:

Last edited:
Top Bottom