• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
oh thank god someone cleared things up…now fix everything else by turning it all into a 3rd season of Mystery Incorporated

or make a Hex Girls album as compensation for the show
Crisis averted

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I'd say we've finally hit the point where the Velma haters have gotten more obnoxious then even the show itself, but let's be honest, we already hit that point a while ago.

People need to learn to move on.
if humans were born to move on from anything then there’d be less chaos…idk about the rest of the world but America sure as hell ain’t gonna be doing that

Edit real quick: well…maybe Canada would

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A lot of people have nostalgia for Scooby-Doo and seeing an adaptation that's mocking the show is pretty bad and upsetting tbh.
Eh. I've already been through the whole "reboot that mocks the original" rigamarole and been told to suck it up and ignore it. Nostalgia is nothing to get upset over and not worth anything tangible in reality. I know that now. It hurts to get that bandage ripped off, but there you have it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Eh. I've already been through the whole "reboot that mocks the original" rigamarole and been told to suck it up and ignore it. Nostalgia is nothing to get upset over and not worth anything tangible in reality. I know that now. It hurts to get that bandage ripped off, but there you have it.
106372.jpg

Text

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Where's a Hex Girls spin off? That would be cool.
the world needs more Hex Girls

and I totally forgot to mention this from the last reply, but I thought it was a :ultgreninja:‘d instead of a :079: for an unintended repost
...Thinking about changing my username.

Thinking something like ZephyrZ. I dunno. Names are hard.
The Spectacular Zacher-Man
How about

TheMightyZ. Royalties go to me of course, five cents for every post
charge even more

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah um I think there's a certain little girl you should be paying royalties to.
It always makes me happy when someone here recognizes what my screename was based on.
Remember High Guardian Spice?

[]

It's the same discourse
High Guardian had the weebs™️ coming after it so I'd argue it was worse then

Also kinda sucks the show didn't pan out because I was lowkey kinda interested

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Honestly the more people whinge about this show the more I smile. I don't give a rat's ass about Scooby-Doo and seeing people get this upset is incredibly funny to me.
Just like it’s brings a smile when you talk about how every game ever disappoints you for not being what you want it to be.

Last edited:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Actually, enough of negativity on Velma, what are y'alls favorite adaptations/versions of Scooby Doo?

Mystery Inc for me
The original Scooby-Doo Where Are You, the first four direct-to-dvd films and the first live-action adaptation.

Current era main series is okay but the writers revisiting past instalments just to retcon any real supernatural elements as more smoke and mirrors sucks big time.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Actually, enough of negativity on Velma, what are y'alls favorite adaptations/versions of Scooby Doo?

Mystery Inc for me
that top tier series aside, What’s New and A Pup Name are some of my other favorite Scooby shows, while ( Witch’s Ghost Cyber Chase, are my favorite movies

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Mystery Inc for me
Mystery incorporated is goated for sure. Sucks that discovery buying them out has probably ruined the season 3 they were working on.

Outside of that while I love the original, what’s new scooby Doo was a great adaptation in modern day.

Pup named scooby Doo is a classic.

In terms of movies, I like a lot of the yearly direct to dvd ones.

The bill nye and scarecrow one is wild. Trick Or Treat was good. The courage crossover is a must see though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I haven't seen every Scooby iteration ever, but we can all agree it's not that weird Red Shirt Shaggy period, right? :yoshi:
Red shirt shaggy gave us the ghoul school, and Draculas wife wants to bang shaggy.

Pretty top tier combo right there.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Hot take, or at least a potentially unpopular opinion here, but I always found Scooby Doo's nephew, Scrabby Doo, to be an underrated character. Maybe it is just me, but I always liked the little dog's "Let me at 'em" attitude.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
A: It's cool that all the Animorphs books are on Audible
B: It's a bummer that the first 8 use the lame 2011 versions that "update" the pop culture references and time period. The books are better when they're set in the 90s.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Shaggy's rich but he's humble about it. He's a good dude who likes dogs and just wants to chill and enjoy life, usually with a sandwich.

The meme's only enhance his attractiveness.
Like I gotta be real my sisters bf is basically irl Shaggy (and is quite literally a meme) so I know there are girls who swoon for a dude like him

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Any sane person not poisoned by meme culture.
Even before the memes, shaggy carried the team on his back.

Him and scooby Always caught the monster

found their fair share of clues

Are the ultimate cosplayers, ready for any situation.

Pretty down to earth and chill guy.

Rich and in some iterations gave them the van.

regardless if his fears, he id there when needed.

Who wouldn’t think he’d a cool guy after that?

Top Bottom