• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Shroob

Sup?
The stupid pedant in me wants to complain that it’s not Atlantis but something else instead (I just straight up can’t remember what they called it), but it’s a really small detail that makes the film way more powerful.
Apparently, according to Wikipedia, the place wasn't named until the Silver Age, which called it Atlantis then.

Shroob

Sup?
Actually, question.

I heard that Overworld abilities no longer work.

Is that true? Sounds like it'd be a colossal pain to hunt Legendaries for the right nature without Synchronize.

D

Deleted member

Also it goes without saying but Black Panther 2 is the best Marvel movie since No Way Home. Insane that we had a whole year of mid and straight up bad from the MCU (I did like Multiverse tho).
Yeah, while I did enjoy No Way Home, Werewolf by Night and Multiverse Of Madness myself, I feel that most of the other projects were hit really badly by stuff such as the pandemic, the special effects stuff going on behind the scenes and overall Chapek's desire to release as much stuff in so little time for Disney+.

Hopefully now that Bob Iger is back, alongside the delays they have made for some movies to give time between releases and the income they have put into improving their CGI departaments, the overall quality does improve again.
We will have to wait and see for the next projects to release on Phase 5, but I do feel positive taking all this in mind.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I've got under half a dex to fill. Hopefully I'll be done with my homework early tomorrow and be able to fill as much of it as I can

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Okay, this is officially one of my favorite bugs.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, while I did enjoy No Way Home, Werewolf by Night and Multiverse Of Madness myself, I feel that most of the other projects were hit really badly by stuff such as the pandemic, the special effects stuff going on behind the scenes and overall Chapek's desire to release as much stuff in so little time for Disney+.

Hopefully now that Bob Iger is back, alongside the delays they have made for some movies to give time between releases and the income they have put into improving their CGI departaments, the overall quality does improve again.
We will have to wait and see for the next projects to release on Phase 5, but I do feel positive taking all this in mind.
A part of me wonders how much this phase was held back by Kevin Fiege. Multiverse was scaled back significantly because of Feige's demands, Thor 4 was just ok but a lot of the humor fell flat (especially the last fight scene, that was just terrible), and Black Panther 2 was suoer good but to elaborate on my "the movie was good when white people weren't on screen", it's because the moments with the CIA genuinelly felt like an entirely different film, the humor was just bad, and they didn't do anything; it's like the humans scenes from Sonic 2.

But the thing is, that felt like something Kevin Fiege mandated and it really felt like he took the riegns with those scenes

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Actually, question.

I heard that Overworld abilities no longer work.

Is that true? Sounds like it'd be a colossal pain to hunt Legendaries for the right nature without Synchronize.
I mean flame body works, so I don’t know why they wouldn’t keep previous Overworld abilities. I wanna say static works to, but I could be wrong.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

Shroob

Sup?
One thing that's gonna suck about playing competitively is

The Paradoxes aren't, as far as I can tell, treated as Legendary Pokemon, meaning they're not guaranteed the 3 perfect IVs afaik. Meaning you basically have to shell out bottlecaps for 'em en masse.

Aligo

Smash Ace

The Paradoxes aren't, as far as I can tell, treated as Legendary Pokemon, meaning they're not guaranteed the 3 perfect IVs afaik. Meaning you basically have to shell out bottlecaps for 'em en masse.
Lord forbid if you wanted min attack IVs for the special attackers.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Bottle caps are really easy to get in this game, you can buy them.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean flame body works, so I don’t know why they wouldn’t keep previous Overworld abilities. I wanna say static works to, but I could be wrong.
Apparently, Synchronize did 100% lose its nature ability for whatever reason.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Any Scarlet players here need some Violet exclusives? I have all of them, and I need all of the Scarlet ones (Except for Stonjourner) plus I need some help with some trade evos and also need to evolve Palafin
Can't sleep so asking again

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Version exclusives are an intetesting thing. Like back then it promoted socializing and meeting new people in the age social media and the internet, a complete rando can just message you in like 5 seconds and vam a trade in mere seconds. Kinda lost it's whole luster but people still make choices bassed off what each game has.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Version exclusives are an intetesting thing. Like back then it promoted socializing and meeting new people in the age social media and the internet, a complete rando can just message you in like 5 seconds and vam a trade in mere seconds. Kinda lost it's whole luster but people still make choices bassed off what each game has.
I miss PLA

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Namor was cool

Easily the best Marvel villain in a while
Green Goblin and Harrow tho
Also it goes without saying but Black Panther 2 is the best Marvel movie since No Way Home. Insane that we had a whole year of mid and straight up bad from the MCU (I did like Multiverse tho).
I am unable to accept this possible Ms.Marvel, Megan Thee Stallion, and GOTG Christmas slander…or werewolf

speaking of Chapek…he really shouldn’t have been running a company with how **** he was at it. And the delays were definitely needed.

but the one thing the MCU is truly going to need in the long run is a clear leader of it all. Spider-Man is the obvious choice, but he’s to be shared with Sony. Doctor Strange has been seen as that guy by Feige, but let’s be real…just no…and Scarlet Witch could’ve pulled it off if she wasn’t in MIA mode now. Having someone being a major focus on the entire universe is always a must have. Otherwise, all the delays and stuff wouldn’t be fully worth it all story wise.
A part of me wonders how much this phase was held back by Kevin Fiege. Multiverse was scaled back significantly because of Feige's demands, Thor 4 was just ok but a lot of the humor fell flat (especially the last fight scene, that was just terrible), and Black Panther 2 was suoer good but to elaborate on my "the movie was good when white people weren't on screen", it's because the moments with the CIA genuinelly felt like an entirely different film, the humor was just bad, and they didn't do anything; it's like the humans scenes from Sonic 2.

But the thing is, that felt like something Kevin Fiege mandated and it really felt like he took the riegns with those scenes
Ya gots ta remembah that the multiverse parts of Phase 4 was only meant to be a tease of what’s to come. The rest of the phase was mainly meant to introduce more character and have others deal with emotional damage (both good and mostly bad trauma).

Noipoi

Howdy!
I think they should implement ways to get these Pokémon yourself, just make them very rare. So you’re incentivized to trade if you want to do things quick, but the option is there for those who want it.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211

Dang there goes more of my money. It's really cool to see Platinum version get some more love at least. I guess Hitoshi Ariga is giving Dawn Turtwig just like in Pokemon Masters instead of holding it for Barry.

Between this, Brendan, and the newly announced Katana Hero figure, my wallet/display case is going to be bleeding hard.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I have somehow ended up with a third Miraidon.

Top Bottom