• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

When do you expect a Switch Successor announcement?

• Total voters

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just because you don’t gel with the game doesn’t mean it isn’t good. Granted it definitely needs more content and some fine tuning but I think there’s a lot of strong potential. At the least I can appreciate how much care they put into the characters, and they’re plenty more on the way.

For the sake of argument though, how would you have handled this game’s roster/content?
Certainly not free to play. More stuff for the single player to do at launch. Heck it probably wouldn't even be out yet. If i were behind it it would probably not be out till the end middle of next year. The basis on duos and areal combat would be out in favor of a more standard Smash experience. As for characters... if we want a reasonably sized launch roster.....
  1. Bugs Bunny
  2. Daffy Duck
  3. Taz
  4. Superman
  5. Batman
  6. Wonder Woman
  7. Gandalf
  8. Harry Potter
  9. Max Rockatansky
  10. Betelgeuse
  11. Gizmo
  12. Wicked Witch of the West
  13. Finn the Human
  14. Jake the Dog
  15. Garnet
  16. Dexter
  17. Blossom/Bubbles/Buttercup (Pokemon Trainer Style)
  18. Samurai Jack
  19. Ben Tennyson
  20. Scooby-Doo
  21. Fred Flintstone
  22. The Iron Giant
  23. Rick Sanchez
  24. King Kong
  25. Godzilla
  26. Arya Stark

That's just the start. It would get season pass style expansions. Maybe even some guest characters (beyond Godzilla). But this is how I'd start it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Drake really posted those in his IG story…crazy yet respectable

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Certainly not free to play. More stuff for the single player to do at launch. Heck it probably wouldn't even be out yet. If i were behind it it would probably not be out till the end middle of next year. The basis on duos and areal combat would be out in favor of a more standard Smash experience. As for characters... if we want a reasonably sized launch roster.....
  1. Bugs Bunny
  2. Daffy Duck
  3. Taz
  4. Superman
  5. Batman
  6. Wonder Woman
  7. Gandalf
  8. Harry Potter
  9. Max Rockatansky
  10. Betelgeuse
  11. Gizmo
  13. Finn the Human
  14. Jake the Dog
  15. Garnet
  16. Dexter
  18. Samurai Jack
  19. Ben Tennyson
  20. Scooby-Doo
  21. Fred Flintstone
  22. The Iron Giant
  23. Rick Sanchez
  24. King Kong
  25. Godzilla
  26. Arya Stark

That's just the start. It would get season pass style expansions. Maybe even some guest characters (beyond Godzilla). But this is how I'd start it.
First off, some weird omissions with characters like T&J, Harley, Shaggy and Steven there. Second, certainly a more fuller roster but honestly kinda basic. Hell I’m surprised how small you made it considering your propensity for large scale rosters, I know you said it’s only the start but still, doesn’t feel like you’re talking advantage of the WB library as you said you wanted.

Also Smash is a lot more aerial combat focused than you give it credit for, why do you think :ultlittlemac: is often considered one of the worst fighters in the game?

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Drake's IG story is just hentai so like don't open in front of anyone.

Not like y'all were gonna check but if you were well here's your warning.
Saying it only inspires more people to take a peek at his tastes

still a better inspiration than most I suppose
First off, some weird omissions with characters like T&J, Harley, Shaggy and Steven there. Second, certainly a more fuller roster but honestly kinda basic. Hell I’m surprised how small you made it considering your propensity for large scale rosters, I know you said it’s only the start but still, doesn’t feel like you’re talking advantage of the WB library as you said you wanted.

Also Smash is a lot more aerial combat focused than you give it credit for, why do you think :ultlittlemac: is often considered one of the worst fighters in the game?
because he’s actually holding back all of his energy from years of retirement….well either that or everyone else is just better than him

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Well today was a day, me and my brother were basically forced to babysit my cousins baby because she got a new job to support him and her first day was on such short notice that she had nobody to watch him and just handed him to us without giving us the chance to say no, keep in mind neither of us have experience with taking care of such a young kid so it was different than what were used too.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Saw the Knuckles short, remind me why ****** ask for Shadow to come back when Knuckles is peak fiction again? Seriously he's THAT guy.

Anyway, finally played a bit of Okami while watching football. Fought Oki for the first time and was getting whomped, in most fights I don't even get damaged like that, but I nearly got K.O'd twice by him. But I was also screwing around trying different methods of fighting to see what worked. But I'm pretty sure I can just use mist to slow down time and than smack him around. Did a couple of side quest things too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Saw the Knuckles short, remind me why ****** ask for Shadow to come back when Knuckles is peak fiction again? Seriously he's THAT guy.
maybe they want to have a Shadow vs Knuckles fight in high definition…or through Smash

well that and to probably tease a fight in Sonic 3

osby

Smash Obsessed
  1. Bugs Bunny
  2. Daffy Duck
  3. Taz
  4. Superman
  5. Batman
  6. Wonder Woman
  7. Gandalf
  8. Harry Potter
  9. Max Rockatansky
  10. Betelgeuse
  11. Gizmo
  13. Finn the Human
  14. Jake the Dog
  15. Garnet
  16. Dexter
  18. Samurai Jack
  19. Ben Tennyson
  20. Scooby-Doo
  21. Fred Flintstone
  22. The Iron Giant
  23. Rick Sanchez
  24. King Kong
  25. Godzilla
  26. Arya Stark

This is objectively a worse game because I'd have to pay money for a Harry Potter license.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Big Shots are almost always accessible though. Flyfish have a very specific weak point, that can only be attacked in a very specific way, for a short period of time.
Counter point, Big Shots are tanky as all hell and easily accessible doesn't mean much when there's three of them camping at the edge when you're in the middle trying to deal with a gatrillion Steel Eels.

But I think what's most anniying is that nobody kills them. Because nobody think's they're a threat until it's crunch time and you need 10 eggs in 20 seconds

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I wanna shove this dude in a locker

This is your reminder to unsubscribe from HBO Max

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
What is up gamers I have not been in this place in months

Anyways Sonic Frontiers is looking pretty neat. Was a bit iffy on the intro but now that we have the full version I think I'm warming up to it

That is all. See you again in a few more months I guess
Eyo, Shark!!! How you been?

(I'm backreading this thread rn haha sorry for late quote)

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Well, what team would you choose?
Fire or water but It doesnt matter what team I choose. Shivers team and her annoying as hell fans will win anyway.

Also **** TRICOLOR TURF WAR. I aint playing that until they absolutly balance that ****

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed

Shaggy is a meme character so I didn’t want him. I deliberately left Steven off in place of Garnet. And I deliberately limited DC to the big 3 to limit size to keep it realistic but still representative of the company and not bloated with too many characters from any one franchise at the beginning. Tom and Jerry… I just forgot about. Egg on my face on that one. They would have been there. Other characters like Neo, Lion-O, Captain Planet, Steve Uriel, and other characters from existing franchises and sub-companies (DC, CN, Hannah-Barbera) would be done as DLC. And I would expect the game to have a post launch life similar to SFV or T7.

And yeah, fair about the areal thing. It’s just like… in Multiversus if you’re not chasing opponents into the air and off the stage you aren’t playing properly and I don’t think it’s very fun.
This is objectively a worse game because I'd have to pay money for a Harry Potter license.
I partly agree with you. But my take is that the franchise supports a lot more people then just it’s author and means a lot to a lot of people even after what happened. I can’t leave it out because of that. Even if I want too.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I partly agree with you. But my take is that the franchise supports a lot more people then just it’s author and means a lot to a lot of people even after what happened. I can’t leave it out because of that. Even if I want too.
Yeah, let's disagree on this one. You're literally giving money to someone who uses her wealth to pass off transphobic legislation, this isn't a morally gray area.

Shaggy is a meme character so I didn’t want him. I deliberately left Steven off in place of Garnet. And I deliberately limited DC to the big 3 to limit size to keep it realistic but still representative of the company and not bloated with too many characters from any one franchise at the beginning. Tom and Jerry… I just forgot about. Egg on my face on that one. They would have been there. Other characters like Neo, Lion-O, Captain Planet, Steve Uriel, and other characters from existing franchises and sub-companies (DC, CN, Hannah-Barbera) would be done as DLC. And I would expect the game to have a post launch life similar to SFV or T7.
Shaggy has merits to be in the game even if you don't care about the Ultra Instinct angle, tbf.

Also, Multiversus giving most series two fighters is one of the better ideas it has for me, rather than only giving it to Adventure Time. It gives individual universes more stuff before moving on to the next one so their presence in the game has more oomph.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, let's disagree on this one. You're literally giving money to someone who uses her wealth to pass off transphobic legislation, this isn't a morally gray area.

Shaggy has merits to be in the game even if you don't care about the Ultra Instinct angle, tbf.

Also, Multiversus giving most series two fighters is one of the better ideas it has for me, rather than only giving it to Adventure Time. It gives individual universes more stuff before moving on to the next one so their presence in the game has more oomph.
Not every series NEEDS two fighters. Some need more. Some need only one. Stripe is cool though. I might put him as DLC.

Also I AM trans. And she already has her millions.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Shaggy was probably easier to build a moveset for, being bipedal and all for folks doing their first platform fighter. Expect to see more quadrupeds as the development team gets more experienced.
They also obviously wanted to follow the memes.

The memes! The memes!

Everything apparently has to be about the memes today!

Memes are overrated.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
So, with Winnie the Pooh (the original one way before Disney) getting a horror slasher movie, I can imagine/picture a sequel involving Tigger in the future...

Or a post credits scene foreshadowing.
The scene shows Pooh dead with his body on the ground.

The camera pans out a bit as a shadow of another one looms above his corpse with a familiar orange stripy tail coming into view...

Cut to black.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Since I'm calling myself done going to the theater this year, I'm gonna rank the ones I saw from most favorite to least:
  1. Sonic the Hedgehog 2
  2. Jackass Forever
  3. The Bad Guys
  4. Top Gun: Maverick
  5. Minions: The Rise of Gru
  6. Where the Crawdads Sing

Last edited:
Top Bottom