• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man it's really lame Rayman is the only new character we're getting in the DLC. Kingdom Battle at least also gave us Rabbid Cranky. Couldn't you spare a Globox?
Well at least he returns in any form. Plus there could be more secrets in his story campaign. Or they might even get the greenlight for more DLC, or even a third game.

The team seems very dedicated and easy to work with, on top of the massive rise in popularity when this sequel was releasing. So with more content, means more opportunities or characters either way.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Well at least he returns in any form. Plus there could be more secrets in his story campaign. Or they might even get the greenlight for more DLC, or even a third game.

The team seems very dedicated and easy to work with, on top of the massive rise in popularity when this sequel was releasing. So with more content, means more opportunities or characters either way.
It's also Ubisoft. The team can only do so much before corporate gets in the way.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Happy Belated Halloween. Been busy. Doing a lot of rough animation, part time work. You know the deal. Been keeping up with Football this year. Watched the rest of Tiger and Bunny 2. Might start Cannon Busters soon too, either that or Kid Cosmic.

New Sonic game looks pretty neat to me.

Only thing that kind of sucks on doing personal work is that most of it I can't really share until its been done for a good minute. Cause I been drawing a ton overall technically.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I just found before NetFlix purchased Hilda. It was handed also to CN, Nick, CBBC and Disney.

I for one am glad neither CN or Nick took it. If CN had taken it, Hilda would've been victim to what Zaslav is doing to Warner Bros. right now. If Nick had taken it, they would had canceled the show after season 1 because it wouldn't have done Spongebob or Loud House ratings.

Going to NetFlix was the best decision and choice.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I was listening to one of Douglas Adams’s books and I looked into who owns the rights for Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. It’s Disney. They own the screen rights. They made the movie (which I’m not fond of). It needs to be rescued.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Wait until Disney eventually makes a live-action remake of The Nightmare Before Christmas.
Anyway I finally saw Black Adam today. It was definitely one of the better movies I've seen this year. I don't think it tops Sonic 2 for me though.
Sonic 2 is still my favorite movie this year. At this rate I don't think it'll even be topped as the last two I look forward to this year is NetFlix's Troll and Violent Night.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So my college campus was hosting an animator from Nightmare Before Christmas, so of of course I had to attend.

Can I just say, the **** they did just to get it done is damn impressive, I already had respect for animators but damn I have so much more for the loops and hurdles they do to make a masterpiece. A 15 second scene took the animator 100+ hours

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Also, he did confirm two things:
  1. Tim Burton did indeed kick a hole through dry wall after an argument with the director
  2. Tim Burton's head was originally used at the ending but Disney forced them to replace it.
Also he confirmed gag reels that mever made the cut, one of which was the kid who saw the snake devour the tree pissed himself (and they really liked that one too but Disney said no)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
  1. Tim Burton did indeed kick a hole through dry wall after an argument with the director
  2. Tim Burton's head was originally used at the ending but Disney forced them to replace it.
And apparently from what I recall, that's what lead to the film being shorter.

As well as Doctor Frinklestein originally being Oogie Boogie in disguise.

Top Bottom