• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Plenty of things to be excited for this month.

Being the month of Halloween, rewatching Sleepy Hollow (1999), Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Black Adam, the newest episode of Helluva Boss.

And to add icing on cake, Top Gun: Maverick on blu-ray coming on the day after Halloween.

Also 5 and a half weeks until God of War: Ragnarok! YEAH!!!!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Plenty of things to be excited for this month.

Being the month of Halloween, rewatching Sleepy Hollow (1999), Mario + Rabbids: Sparks of Hope, Black Adam, the newest episode of Helluva Boss.

And to add icing on cake, Top Gun: Maverick on blu-ray coming on the day after Halloween.

Also 5 and a half weeks until God of War: Ragnarok! YEAH!!!!
This month is giving us a peak at Mario done by the funny minion people, and that's all that matters

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This month is giving us a peak at Mario done by the funny minion people, and that's all that matters
Which is gonna consist of Peach twerking and Bowser and his minions dabbing, a joke having Goombas unable to do so.

Oh dear lord, the horror.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Breaking news, Lelouch x Susaku is actually a canon thing via clone baby

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Who taught the octolings and inklings to dab so hard and if nobody taught them how to do it, how did they learn how to do it?
Splatoon 3:Sp you know how the Alterna logs state that Inklings and Octolings evolved from the crystalized desires of human beings? Well, enough had a very strong desire to dab so ****ing hard that the cephalopods picked it up.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Splatoon 3:Sp you know how the Alterna logs state that Inklings and Octolings evolved from the crystalized desires of human beings? Well, enough had a very strong desire to dab so ****ing hard that the cephalopods picked it up.
imagine wanting to dab so hard that the very marine life under out feet goes "guys, guys, hear me out. There is this thing called dabbing-" imagine if our pets irl did that

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
This isn’t a rabbids game though, it’s a Mario game featuring the Rabbids.

The pitch was liked so much that Nintendo is allowing them to whatever the hell they want with some of their most iconic characters.

That says a lot right there, that their Secruity around these characters was either a lie or like cash said, blown out of proportions.

That’s my point though, if a third party can do this, there should be no reason anyone in house at Nintendo can’t have fun in the Mario sandbox.
Except they're not doing this with their most iconic characters. It's the Rabbids who are getting the crazy redesigns and the full lines of dialogue. The worlds are entirely new and don't feel very Mario like at all. It feels very outside of the Mario universe. Like this time Mario is venturing through the Rabbids world. The people inhabiting these worlds are entirely Rabbids. No Mario races anywhere. Yes they're enemies, but that's the same thing Mario enemies always are. They aren't even using any significant content from Galaxy as far as set dressing and races as far as can be seen, which seems like an obvious. It's not the same. The rules are still there. They just don't apply to the Rabbids half of things. So of course that half is gonna go crazy because the creators WANT to do stuff like this.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
One evil is defeated
Phantoms did so amazing ngl, so Young Justice possibly dying again would absolutely suck…also damn you cliffhangers
Absolutely, it's so thoughtful of people to dedicate an entire holiday to Bayonetta.
I wouldn’t say Bayonetta is spooky, but who am I to judge the umbra queen

cashregister9

Smash Hero
I dig this random weapon rotation in Salmon Run

But why oh why did I have to get the Dynamo roller in 2 different games

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Except they're not doing this with their most iconic characters. It's the Rabbids who are getting the crazy redesigns and the full lines of dialogue. The worlds are entirely new and don't feel very Mario like at all. It feels very outside of the Mario universe. Like this time Mario is venturing through the Rabbids world. The people inhabiting these worlds are entirely Rabbids. No Mario races anywhere. Yes they're enemies, but that's the same thing Mario enemies always are. They aren't even using any significant content from Galaxy as far as set dressing and races as far as can be seen, which seems like an obvious. It's not the same. The rules are still there. They just don't apply to the Rabbids half of things. So of course that half is gonna go crazy because the creators WANT to do stuff like this.
Except several of these are wrong. This is spoiler terroritory now for the sequel but anyway:
Rosalina is literally the villain, one of the most stand out characters in recent years, turned into a monster and main antagonist. This is something that supposedly would have never flyed for paper Mario. So seeing it here should not be understated.

Also Toads are scattered throughout all these areas as well as other Mario characters who join the party. This is still very much the mushroom kingdom.

Your hub is peach’s castle, each world is themed after your typical Mario world theme, just with more in depth designs.

This still is and feels like the Mario world. The plot is the rabbids coming to Mario’s world and not the other way around for a reason.

Even the DK expansion still represents DK island. So I don’t see this world being that far off from normal Mario stuff.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
First all...................time to switch to best girl from Bunny Girl Senpai.

Second of all..................

1664647302351.png

God I hate October. "Hey let's give 10 years old fireworks and let them throw around the neighbourhood constantly for like a month straight, even in BROAD DAYLIGHT!"
And then the 10 dogs on the street bark for an eternity.

Guess I'll bring back Vampyra.
What about Vampythra? Is there one of her?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Aside from the end of the battle given the brutal death, Smokey the Bear vs. McGruff the Crime Dog felt like an actual Saturday morning cartoon.

Definitely one of my favorites of Death Battle season 4.

Last edited:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If Green Lantern were to have a new movie, you know who I want to see appear?
B'ox.jpg

B'ox.

They're just a sentient being resembling a large, black, rectangular shaped cube.
(Would love seeing them as a small cameo or easter egg in a battle scene)

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Outsiders sucked so bad I didn't even entertain the idea of watching Phantoms so I wouldn't know
yeah Outsiders had their problems, but Phantoms was legit the best season since the 1st. 4 of the storylines last 4 episodes, 2 of them lasted 5, but each of the mini storylines are all connected into the overall season plot that neatly wraps everything up without force (especially this one side story Beast Boy has for himself after the first plot ends).
(it's also a pun, as the Turkish phrase for Halloween means "the Holiday of Witches")
damn…the Turkish must love witches

Top Bottom