• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement at the Indie World

• Little Kitty, Big City

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Yars Rising

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Refind Self: The Personality Test Game

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sticky Business

• Antonblast

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • Valley Peaks

• Lorelei and the Laser Eyes

• Helder Pinto

• TMNT Splintered Fate

Votes: 5 22.7%
  • Cat Quest 3

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • stitch

• Steamworld Heist 2

• One of the games from the montage

• None

Votes: 7 31.8%

• Total voters

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I can say I have autism as well. It wasn't easy as many saw me different. I have overcome my weakness, but it is a part of me forever.
Nah, being neurodivergent isn't a weakness, it's just part of your journey towards self acceptance, you're just as human as the rest of the world

Btw update
Btw I did something pretty ****ing stupid. I decided to give Mid Piece another go.
It's not fair why am I crying uncontrollably about a goddamn boat

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Nah, being neurodivergent isn't a weakness, it's just part of your journey towards self acceptance, you're just as human as the rest of the world
Not to mention, Dukefire Dukefire , whatever people see you as, because of your flaws and disorders, etc.; every flaw and such is an obstacle one has to overcome, and when that obstacle is overcome, you get stronger. Obstacles are a part of life, but the thing is not to give up because of them. There are many obstacles that will try to keep you from being who you are or achieving a goal, but in the end, nothing is truly ever impossible to overcome. Just be strong and make it to the end.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Can I get mods on the PS5?
I don’t believe so, no. It would require Homebrew and IDK if the PS5’s security has been cracked yet to allow Homebrew.

Plus even if there was, you’d also lose out on using any of your PS online features as Homebrewing does admittedly break ToS, so you’d be left with only Homebrew software if you wanted to avoid a ban on PSN. IMO, it’s best not to Homebrew consoles until they’re end of life, not even someone as prickly as Nintendo will care because all the services will be abandoned and shuttered lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I don’t believe so, no. It would require Homebrew and IDK if the PS5’s security has been cracked yet to allow Homebrew.

Plus even if there was, you’d also lose out on using any of your PS online features as Homebrewing does admittedly break ToS, so you’d be left with only Homebrew software if you wanted to avoid a ban on PSN. IMO, it’s best not to Homebrew consoles until they’re end of life, not even someone as prickly as Nintendo will care because all the services will be abandoned and shuttered lol.
Looks like I am going Steam then.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
In his latest video, Sakurai talks about how they gave the special effects in Super Smash Bros Ultimate an anime style to make them cleaner and flashier.

That makes every character in Ultimate an anime character, not just the JRPG ones people have a bone to pick.
I knew there was a reason K. Rool was given a counter...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
In his latest video, Sakurai talks about how they gave the special effects in Super Smash Bros Ultimate an anime style to make them cleaner and flashier.

That makes every character in Ultimate an anime character, not just the JRPG ones people have a bone to pick.
obnoxious parts of the Mario and Banjo fandoms in shambles rn

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So I deleted my Reddit account. I plan on deleting my Twitter as well but I'm putting it off because I haven't used it in a while and I don't want to touch that hellsite with a 10-foot pole.

It leaves me in a weird position with this website. The Smash Bros fandom can be...horrendous sometimes. But this thread is mostly cool these days and it's been a long time since I've seen anything mood-ruining.

But sometimes I look back to the Grinch Hoax and other awful things then went down here and wonder if it'd still be better for me to leave and focus on other things.

I dunno. I like you guys. I guess I'd like to focus more of my time on other things but I still don't want to leave. This isn't goodbye just yet but I'm pretty torn on what I want to do.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
So I deleted my Reddit account. I plan on deleting my Twitter as well but I'm putting it off because I haven't used it in a while and I don't want to touch that hellsite with a 10-foot pole.

It leaves me in a weird position with this website. The Smash Bros fandom can be...horrendous sometimes. But this thread is mostly cool these days and it's been a long time since I've seen anything mood-ruining.

But sometimes I look back to the Grinch Hoax and other awful things then went down here and wonder if it'd still be better for me to leave and focus on other things.

I dunno. I like you guys. I guess I'd like to focus more of my time on other things but I still don't want to leave. This isn't goodbye just yet but I'm pretty torn on what I want to do.
The most I can say to do what you think is right. It's cool to check up on people here when I can and sharing my art motivates me to do so. But I understand wanting to focus more on other aspects of life or wanting a break from the constant BS of social media that honestly most normal people aren't probably supposed to consume in such high doses.

But hey, getting away from Reddit is probably a net positive no matter the situation bro!

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
What do you mean by that? As in a mismatch or they'd get along?

If the latter.

You could say that for many of their fights. Death Battle-wise though. It's battle to the death.
It's a complete stomp.....literally. Stitch could only attempt a few punches before IG steps on him and kills him instantly. There have been mismatches before, but they were still able to make the fight look even, and there's no way to realistically do that here.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
This is probably for Rick, but Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester may be interested in this:

My heart. It can't take it.

Dies of excitement
It's a complete stomp.....literally. Stitch could only attempt a few punches before IG steps on him and kills him instantly. There have been mismatches before, but they were still able to make the fight look even, and there's no way to realistically do that here.
Omni-Man vs. Homelander? Kratos vs. Spawn? Thor vs. Raiden? Samus vs. Boba Fett? Flash vs. Quicksilver? Venom vs. Bane? Goro vs. Machamp? The list goes on.

All those would have realistically ended sooner but still. For entertainment wise had them be a fight.

Also regarding the Iron Giant stomping on Stitch. You realize Stitch can lift 3000 times his own weight right? That should be around the 200 ton range which from what I recall the Iron Giant himself weighs 150 tons at most. That's like saying Godzilla would defeat Hulk or Superman by stomping them which wouldn't be the case. Sometimes size doesn't matter.

Also from what I heard, it might be a stomp in Stitch's favor if we take the anime (I hear it might be canon) into account where he endured a black hole.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Spending less time here (and online in general) for other hobbies is called growing up.

Deleting Reddit is called self care.

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Omni-Man vs. Homelander? Kratos vs. Spawn? Thor vs. Raiden? Samus vs. Boba Fett? Flash vs. Quicksilver? Venom vs. Bane? Goro vs. Machamp? The list goes on.

All those would have realistically ended sooner but still. For entertainment wise had them be a fight.

Also regarding the Iron Giant stomping on Stitch. You realize Stitch can lift 3000 times his own weight right? That should be around the 200 ton range which from what I recall the Iron Giant himself weighs 150 tons at most. That's like saying Godzilla would defeat Hulk or Superman by stomping them which wouldn't be the case. Sometimes size doesn't matter.

Also from what I heard, it might be a stomp in Stitch's favor if we take the anime (I hear it might be canon) into account where he endured a black hole.
I may have been underrating Stitch, but still, I feel like the massive size difference would just end up making the fight awkward.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I may have been underrating Stitch, but still, I feel like the massive size difference would just end up making the fight awkward.
I personally think it'd be unique having a different size battle for once.

Don't lie to yourself that a fight between Godzilla and Hulk (Who have a lot of similarities, which could make for a cool match should they ever return to the show against one another) would be epic. Nevermind Godzilla vs. Superman.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Today marks an entire year since we learned about the cast of the Mario movie.

Thankfully we don't have to wait too much longer until we can see what it will look like.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The horrors await of seeing Peach twerking and Bowser and his minions dabbing, notably a joke where Goombas can't dab because of lacking arms.

osby

Smash Obsessed
The horrors await of seeing Peach twerking and Bowser and his minions dabbing, notably a joke where Goombas can't dab because of lacking arms.
Wait, which part of this is supposed to be a horror?

EDIT: Seriously though, neither Peach having some fun nor Bowser interacting with his minions sound bad to me. I don't think the movie we'll have these but there are worse ways to make a Mario movie.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ok lets be real there, unfortunately there is no way Miyamoto will allow Peach to twerk. Just 0 way unless he has gone senile.

Now dabbing? Yeah gonna happen.

I hope Luigi hits the griddy

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
SourceGaming did a poll on the most liked characters in the base roster
The top three in this poll were King K Rool, Ridley, and Pokémon Trainer.

Conversely the bottom three were Isabelle, Sonic, and Incineroar.

Most of the complaints I’ve read seem to factor in three things: Moveset, Hype factor, Representation.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
I am autistic, but I wasn't diagnosed until I was 18. This didn't surprise me though, cause I was already well aware my brain thought differently. Failure to understand social cues, inability to express emotion, hyperfixation, and focusing on small details are the symptoms that affect me the most.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Ok lets be real there, unfortunately there is no way Miyamoto will allow Peach to twerk. Just 0 way unless he has gone senile.

Now dabbing? Yeah gonna happen.

I hope Luigi hits the griddy
Dabbing is something that will never go away

Twerking deserves to die tho

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
#30 was Butterfly Kiss (the Takemi song) and #29 was Prison Labor…seems like #27 is gonna be the normal P5 menu theme

Top Bottom