• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
You know, I saw a title of a video about Japan now having a law that makes it illegal for its people to be friends with foreigners. What a crazy case, gee, as if Japan couldn't get any more racist.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know, I saw a title of a video about Japan now having a law that makes it illegal for its people to be friends with foreigners. What a crazy case, gee, as if Japan couldn't get any more racist.
Uh, can I get a source on this one? Because this sounds like some serious clickbait.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I don't think that's possible for them to illegalize

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
This seems like something that should be highly illegal.

When I tried searching, I didn’t find anything regarding this. I did find an anti-deflamatory social media posts law, and a anti-stalking law.

Maybe it hasn’t reached the news yet.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Uh, can I get a source on this one? Because this sounds like some serious clickbait.
I did not view the video, but I did notice the user name of the guy who posted that did have the word, "Troll" in it.

I mean, I wanted to share this with you anyway, but I knew something was suspicious.

Though I guess I should have included the username part in that initial post of mine about this.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I did not view the video, but I did notice the user name of the guy who posted that did have the word, "Troll" in it.

I mean, I wanted to share this with you anyway, but I knew something was suspicious.

Though I guess I should have included the username part in that initial post of mine about this.
Yeah, I figured it was something like that.

Also, that's just me but I think calling an entire country racist over a video you didn't watch isn't exactly the opposite of racism.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yeah, I figured it was something like that.

Also, that's just me but I think calling an entire country racist over a video you didn't watch isn't exactly the opposite of racism.
What do you mean on the last part?

If it is something I made a mistake on the racist thing, I do apologize.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Japan is a pretty racist country to be fair
Yeah, I thought so. Though the news is fake now, I thought it would be like Japan to make such a law, even if it was not happening.

So though I said it in an indirect way at the beginning, I want to see what you guys thought on that, even if I was not clear on that.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, I thought so. Though the news is fake now, I thought it would be like Japan to make such a law, even if it was not happen.

So though I said it in an indirect way at the beginning, I want to see what you guys thought on that, even if I was not clear on that.
Exactly, the fact that you even believed it is an indicator of a problem of how Japan treats foreigners

And I do really love Japan, I've only been there once and will likely visit there many more times in my life, but it's definitely not the paradise some weebs make it out to be

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
With a new switch possibly being revealed (not officially named yet) for the summer direct, Smash Bros speculation is receiving more fuel.View attachment 389119
At this point, which characters are possible to join the next roster if Sakurai is ready?
Smash speculation starting again? Well… time to descend:
IMG_7358.gif

As for who is possible? Otto Matic from the hit game Otto Matic.

Shroob

Sup?
Pokemon fans:

Debating for months if the supposed screenshot of Gibbly Smibly the new route 1 bug is legit

SMT fans:

"Atlus why the **** did you leak every demon a month before the game came out?"

Noipoi

Howdy!
Pokemon fans:

Debating for months if the supposed screenshot of Gibbly Smibly the new route 1 bug is legit

SMT fans:

"Atlus why the **** did you leak every demon a month before the game came out?"
This actually happened with Sun and Moon. The demo that came out a month before the game had every single new Pokemon in the files, and those ******** got leaked.

Those were wild times, the memes were hilarious.

And if you notice, Gamefreak hasn’t released a public demo since :nifty:

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
With a new switch possibly being revealed (not officially named yet) for the summer direct, Smash Bros speculation is receiving more fuel.View attachment 389119
At this point, which characters are possible to join the next roster if Sakurai is ready?
I will honest-to-god be SHOCKED if Bandana Dee doesn't make it into the next roster.

Not really someone I'm all THAT excited for (Fecto Elfilis or bust for this girl) but he's one of the most popular characters still missing.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
New Project Voltage song; "After Epochs" by sasakure.UK ft. Hatsune Miku. It's a cool and cute song! All of the different types of Miku (as well as her classic self) appear in this one, and the main Miku has a Jigglypuff as a partner. The games' protagonists appear, too; it was cool seeing Red with Pikachu.

Miku in Smash Bros.3.png

also I think Rin & Len could be a cool duo fighter (idk what they'd do but still).

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
It's actually a bit scary how much Jean, Scott and Logan fit into the protagonists' character dynamic in Challengers.
all these decades and these characters still can’t get their **** together…love it

tho at the same time it’s impressive how Jean is the only one not having kids out of the group within the main universe
Smash fans when Smash discussion on the Smash website

View attachment 389122

I feel exactly the same. As cool as a new game would be I’m not prepared for the discourse to start again
only Smash discussions I’ll need for the time being are about Japan making competitive Smash cool and “Why Everyone Should Main Pit”

Top Bottom