• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

What do you want most in a Switch Successor?

• Total voters

Noipoi

Howdy!
Decided to save dk64 till the end of my Donkey Kong marathon and just play the 2D games first. So it’s the Mario vs. Donkey Kong remake next!

Spare thought about that game, would have been really neat if Mario vs Donkey Kong used Diddy the same way DK 94 used Jr. Just, you know… to have some more Donkey Kong stuff in there.
OK.... I might start playing DK64 now... if i livestream it.... who wants to watch me livestream DK64?
angybows.png

MAKE UP YOUR MIND filthy double poster

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
At this point I’ve run out of ways to say “hey there’s a new Switch update out focusing on stability”.

Guess what Nintendo did tonight? Spoiler: It has to do with the first sentence in this post.

Also changed: Auto Sleep when playing on TV can now be set to 15 minutes and the Parental Controls video can now be watched in Korean.

Peepo T. Skeleton

Smash Ace
Exactly 9.7 inches away from your current location
Watching all these blaster shots in The Clone Wars reminds me of this meme

View attachment 386976
Clone Wars is one of those rare shows that actually gets better as the seasons go on.

Like season 1 was honestly kinda rough, but it just kept improving and once Darth Maul gets introduced it becomes one of my favorite things to come out Star Wars, alongside Andore and the first 2 seasons of Mando.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Clone Wars is one of those rare shows that actually gets better as the seasons go on.

Like season 1 was honestly kinda rough, but it just kept improving and once Darth Maul gets introduced it becomes one of my favorite things to come out Star Wars, alongside Andore and the first 2 seasons of Mando.
I'm partway through season 5 now.

Damn good show and can't get enough of it.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Finished up rewatching Monarch: Legacy of Monsters.

Gonna be watching Godzilla: King of the Monsters tomorrow.

Following that reading Kingdom Kong and Godzilla: Dominion before Godzilla vs. Kong on Wednesday. I'll finally finish up my MonsterVerse Marathon reading Godzilla x Kong: The Hunted and I'll finally be ready for The New Empire on Friday! :D

Reading the comics and watching the show helps makes me understand the movies even more following what's happening. I love connecting the dots! :D

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
Octoling: Echo Fighter or Unique Moveset?
Octoling deserves an unique moveset.
Speaking of movies, has anyone seen the New Ghostbusters movie? I haven't seen it yet.
Not yet, but I did rewatch Ghostbusters: Afterlife and it holds up quite well.
It captured the spirit (ha ha) of the original film while building off what the first Ghostbusters established.
HOWEVER! You have to be willing to overlook the use of CGI to make a Harold Ramis lookalike. I thought the movie was respectful to Ramis by giving his character a major presence throughout the film while refraining from showing the lookalike until the very end, but I understand why it put many people off.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I actually just read this today. Really cool deep dive into Monsterverse Godzilla's character, makes me appreciate him more.
Ok how sapient is monsterverse godzilla? Cause sometimes they treat the kaiju like animals operating on instinct, but sometimes they treat them like they have human level intelligence and it’s like… idk pick a lane imho. If he’s gonna be a sapient being might as well let him talk at that point.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Have you read Awakening, Skull Island: Birth of Kong, Aftershock, and Kingdom Kong?
Still gotta get to those, I just found out there were comics the other day :yoshi:
Ok how sapient is monsterverse godzilla? Cause sometimes they treat the kaiju like animals operating on instinct, but sometimes they treat them like they have human level intelligence and it’s like… idk pick a lane imho. If he’s gonna be a sapient being might as well let him talk at that point.
Way smarter and more aware than a common animal, less intelligent than a human being. But with a special prehistoric planetary kaiju-sense that gives him some insight that humans don't.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Dragon Ball fans complaining that the new Budokai Tenkaichi game has a roster filled with nobodies. Talking about... wasted roster spots and deserv- oh no
View attachment 386985
watch them add Launch and then the internet freaks out and argues over why she should and shouldn’t be around

PK-remling Fire

Smash Ace
He's as sapient as the plot demands. It seems like he's been getting more intelligent as the Monsterverse is progressing since he can now get behind concepts like creating temporary alliances with former enemies (Kong).

The Monsterverse gradually shifted from Kaiju being giant mysterious animals to more of a giant monster version of pro-wrestling. With the movie's marketing leaning heavily into the spectacle of the "face" monsters Godzilla and Kong going up against the "heel" monsters Scar King and Shimo, that kind of plotline requires the main characters to have more intelligence and character/personality traits so the audience can relate to them more.

This isn't anything new though, since Godzilla had a similar character shift between the original '54 movie and the later Showa era films where he was portrayed in a more heroic light. I guess whether or not this shift is a bad thing is completely subjective depending on if that style of Godzilla appeals to you.

On the the subject of Godzilla talking, I'll just leave this here...

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean obviously you gotta remix them, play them in a different key maybe to make it sound like a victory instead of a loss. But I think it would be cool.
Yes, of course I meant a remix of that

I still think it should be applied at a case by case basis though

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Okay, hot take, but I'm unironically getting kinda sick of hearing "Scrimblo" being used as the go-to word for non-famous platformer games or platformer characters, or heck ,just platformers in general.

And I've barely played any 3D platformers that didn't already have famous characters like those made by Nintendo or licensed ones like the earlier 3D Spongebob games (and I've finished even less). The word is just becoming overused, imo.

Last edited:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Fortnite collab updates:

Kratos will return soon.
Drax, Mantis, and Young Adult Groot are coming to the game. They will be in a real money bundle.
More Nike cosmetics
Korra’s cosmetics have been revealed ahead of her release.
A island of ice has been spotted with a familiar blue ball.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Definitely close to human intelligence, that's for certain.

Pink Yoshi

Smash Lord
I'm gonna share my Italy-inspired starters again, and this time, I'll share their signature moves and abilities.
Italy Starters.png

Granine line’s Signature Move: Wine Spray – The Pokemon forcefully sprays a jet of wine into the opposing Pokemon’s mouth, inebriating them. This leaves them both Poisoned and Confused.

Tadcoal line’s Signature Move: Coal Crush – The Pokemon curls into a ball and bowls over the opponent with its coal-encrusted skin. This leaves the opposing Pokemon with a Burn.

Ecololake line’s Signature Move: Echolocation – The Pokemon blares bizarre muddling psychic sound waves at the opponent. This leaves the opposing Pokemon Confused. It does double damage against Bug types.

Granine line's hidden ability: Intoxicate – The Pokemon exudes a fruity, enticing scent from its body, making opponents unable to concentrate and preventing them from raising their Evasion. Also, the Pokemon has a chance to inebriate Pokemon that make direct contact with it while attacking, leaving them either Poisoned or Confused.

Tadcoal line's hidden ability: Coal Skin – Dirt and soil slide harmlessly off its coal-encrusted body. Ground-type moves won't effect the Pokemon.

Ecololake line's hidden ability: Third Eye – The Pokemon can sense with their mind moves that are powerful against it on opposing Pokemon. In addition, it can easily pinpoint the location of their foe, giving them an increased accuracy on all of their moves

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay, hot take, but I'm unironically getting kinda sick of hearing "Scrimblo" being used as the go-to word for non-famous platformer games or platformer characters, or heck ,just platformers in general.

And I've barely played any 3D platformers that didn't already have famous characters like those made by Nintendo or licensed ones like the earlier 3D Spongebob games (and I've finished even less). The word is just becoming overused, imo.
I mean in this context CashRegister isn't wrong.

Actually it's more like asking for Gulp ****tos. And they can easily make it in.

Top Bottom