• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Social Thread 3.2.1

Favorite announcement of this Direct?

• Total voters

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Noipoi

Howdy!
So

Final bets on how Indigo Disc is gonna go down?
Kieran took over Blueberry Academy with the power of Peaches Peaches Peaches-Peaches Peaches~
We kick his ass and he apologizes for simping over Ogerpon
All's well that ends well but woopsy doodle, Briar is evil (Who'da thunk it?)
Briar wants to use Terapagos for...some **** idk
She makes it go crazy and it turns into a marketable new form and we have to fight it
Terapagos is nice again and it eats Briar
There's a brief resolution to all the Area Zero stuff that answers some questions but not enough of them
Ed Sheeran plays
The End
Also there's no Battle Tower see you in next year's rushed game :yoshi:

And what the version exclusives will be?
Whatever inconveniences me the most :100:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
At the least, I am satisfied with Scarlet Violet. It was a completed game, which I know is the bare minimum, but Gen 8 burned me so bad. Like, I can at least justify dropping $90 on this on the fact that it was a game I already liked with complimentary DLC, instead of dropping $90 on a game because I was on severe copium hoping that the DLC would justify me wasting $60 priorhand on a game that was trash.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
At the least, I am satisfied with Scarlet Violet. At the least, it was a completed game, which I know is the bare minimum, but Gen 8 burned me so bad. Like, I can at least justify dropping $90 on this on the fact that it was a game I already liked with complimentary DLC, instead of dropping $90 on a because I was on severe copium hoping that the DLC would justify me wasting $60 priorhand on a game that was trash.
I just wish Scar/Vio had like

A postgame, of any kind?

The lead up to end game is good. Not amazing, but I legit got invested in the story of Arven. The deal with Sada/Turo was neat and the whole story of Area Zero is interesting.

And then you beat the game and there's **** all to do aside from Shiny Hunt.

Then Teal Mask came out and the story was great!.... It lasts like an hour and a half and also has zero postgame aside from Ogre Oustin and the Legendaries.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804

A postgame, of any kind?

The lead up to end game is good. Not amazing, but I legit got invested in the story of Arven. The deal with Sada/Turo was neat and the whole story of Area Zero is interesting.

Then Teal Mask came out and the story was great!.... It lasts like an hour and a half and also has zero postgame aside from Ogre Oustin and the Legendaries.
The post game is doing the ****ty 7 star raids that barely work:4wario2:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

A postgame, of any kind?

I think the postgame were the rematches, the 4 legendaries of ruin, and the Paldea School Tourney. A little more than SwSh but it's not much.

Or you could count Teal Mask as the postgame instead which... it's a standard Pokemon postgame; hour long, new area, new mons, etc.

Or I guess by technicality it's the Indigo Disk since that requires you to beat the game. I think they'd have battle facilities there given that the entire thing is all about battles.

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
If Scrimblo Bimblo had a Luigi/Tails/Coco/Diddy/Kazooie-style friend, their name would be Jimbo Limbo: the Extraordinary Second Banana!

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Snake woke up and chose violence.
I mean, has any game in the series ever actually been good? Super easy, hand holding tutorials, random encounters, exp share issues, bad world design, either too linear or too open, glitches out the wazoo because GameFreak doesn't know how to code. Objectively, IMO, it's always been worse then every other RPG it shares the market with.

Shroob

Sup?
I think the postgame were the rematches, the 4 legendaries of ruin, and the Paldea School Tourney. A little more than SwSh but it's not much.

Or you could count Teal Mask as the postgame instead which... it's a standard Pokemon postgame; hour long, new area, new mons, etc.

Or I guess by technicality it's the Indigo Disk since that requires you to beat the game. I think they'd have battle facilities there given that the entire thing is all about battles.
I guess to me, the postgame, even if it's bad, should include a Battle Tower.

We've had one since Gen 2.

The thing is though, call it doomer, but I just can't see Indigo Disc including one? Or any battle facility for that matter? Like, everything you could want from it is either readily available via Delibird Presents/the TM Machine/Ogre Ousting, so legit the only thing they could add in are the newer items in the DLC which would be like... The Magmaizer, Protector and Black Augerite(Maybe?).

And even then, you can just catch those 'Mons in 5-6* raids.

Shroob

Sup?
I mean, has any game in the series ever actually been good? Super easy, hand holding tutorials, random encounters, exp share issues, bad world design, either too linear or too open, glitches out the wazoo because GameFreak doesn't know how to code. Objectively, IMO, it's always been worse then every other RPG it shares the market with.

Pretty sure we've had this discussion like, a month ago.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I can only call 2 Pokemon games bad.

One which is very mediocre in terms of "game" but a massive step back from a hot streak of top of the line Pokemon games, and fhe other was good in terms of "game" but also was scam of the year.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I mean, has any game in the series ever actually been good?
Yes.
Super easy
It's a children's franchise. For small children. There are tougher games out there for people who want a challenge.
hand holding tutorials
That's a more recent development in the series, and they've been easing off on it as of late.
random encounters
A trademark of the RPG genre for years that they've recently stopped doing.
exp share issues
What issues? It works just fine in allits appearances, as far as I know.
bad world design
Aside from Sword and Shield, not really.
either too linear or too open
The **** is too open?
glitches out the wazoo because GameFreak doesn't know how to code
It's glitchy because the game was rushed out to meet a deadline. ANd that's a legitimate issue we should all have problems with, but it's not a case of Gamefreak "Not knowing how to code."
Objectively, IMO
You cannot be objective while also stating its your own opinion, it doesn't work like that.
it's always been worse then every other RPG it shares the market with.
And that's an opinion you can have. I'm not trying to convince anyone to like something that they don't.

But Pokemon was, is, a good series. Does it have problems? Absolutely. Could it be better? Without question. But so many people wouldn't love it if it was just always ****, like you're claiming.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Aaaaaaaaaaanyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they said in the trailer that the Dome Pikachu were imported, right?

I'm happy it seems like they're making it easier to get regional forms outside of their home regions.

Though I wonder how Exeggutor is gonna work since it's not in Paldea normally.

Maybe it'll work like Tauros and the ones bred outside the Terrarium will be the stumpy ones?

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I've played PLA and it's... certainly a game. Would I call it good though? .... I mean it's not bad but it's very... meh...
This convo is now over
Aaaaaaaaaaanyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but they said in the trailer that the Dome Pikachu were imported, right?

I'm happy it seems like they're making it easier to get regional forms outside of their home regions.

Though I wonder how Exeggutor is gonna work since it's not in Paldea normally.

Maybe it'll work like Tauros and the ones bred outside the Terrarium will be the stumpy ones?
In game trade

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
The **** is too open?
Hbomberguy's video on Dark Souls II explains why open design can be a problem in some situations. But I'll cop to the fact that I was just trying to work in the fact that I don't like Open World games as a rule in the list while dressing it up a little.

It's glitchy because the game was rushed out to meet a deadline. ANd that's a legitimate issue we should all have problems with, but it's not a case of Gamefreak "Not knowing how to code."
There have been many instances in the past if GameFreak being shown to not know how to optimize their code and how they build their games just by looking at how the games are built. It's not something I'm just making up because of ScarViol's Vanelope von Schweetz level performance.

And that's an opinion you can have. I'm not trying to convince anyone to like something that they don't.

But Pokemon was, is, a good series. Does it have problems? Absolutely. Could it be better? Without question. But so many people wouldn't love it if it was just always ****, like you're claiming.
That's fair. I probably shouldn't have just come on and tried to tear down the popular thing because I don't like it as much as I feel like I could in some sort of optimum timeline.

Now go plan another roster for a video game you'll never make :dkmelee:
This is just mean.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I do kinda wish they let Legends cook instead of shelving it after a couple months. Deserved a full year of DLC.

Also I found a USB drive in a drawer and... oh shoot, there's all my ROMS.

I should get back to beating Pokemon Platinum soon.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I do kinda wish they let Legends cook instead of shelving it after a couple months. Deserved a full year of DLC.

Also I found a USB drive in a drawer and... oh shoot, there's all my ROMS.

I should get back to beating Pokemon Platinum soon.
There's an alternate world where Legends was released in holiday 22, and S/V in holiday 23, and everything is going alright.

My only cope is that they might hold off on Gen 10 an extra year to meet the 30th anniversary :090:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Society if Game FrEAk put the Link Cable item in the main games

Society if GameFreak had more employees, more skilled employees, more development time and budget, revamped the battle system to be more like other RPGs (magic points instead of move PP and a generic "attack" option that never runs out, and multiple enemies vs multiple party pokemon being the norm instead of always 1v1s or double battles if you're lucky), and yes, included the link cable item in the main games.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Society if GameFreak had more employees, more skilled employees,
More employees =/= better product, and if they weren't skilled they wouldn't be there.
more development time and budget,
agreed
revamped the battle system to be more like other RPGs (magic points instead of move PP
PP is the game MP, and there for balance reasons. Some Pokemon would be blatantly OP if they had generic MP pool that scales with their levels.

and a generic "attack" option that never runs out
https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Struggle_(move)

and multiple enemies vs multiple party pokemon being the norm instead of always 1v1s or double battles if you're lucky
???
and yes, included the link cable item in the main games.
Agreed

Noipoi

Howdy!
Society if GameFreak had more employees, more skilled employees, more development time and budget, revamped the battle system to be more like other RPGs (magic points instead of move PP and a generic "attack" option that never runs out, and multiple enemies vs multiple party pokemon being the norm instead of always 1v1s or double battles if you're lucky), and yes, included the link cable item in the main games.
Some of this (not all, there’s a few legitimate points) reads less like what Pokemon needs to really improve and more like what Pokemon needs for you to be more interested.

Which, fair enough I suppose. But this is a you problem, don’t make it out to be the franchise’s problem :nifty:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
internet world back to praising TMNT 2012 without hating Rise of the TMNT…but at the cost of turning a bit against the Rogen Turtles (romance wise) and an ongoing on and off relationship with the 2003 gang

Top Bottom